ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Russell Athletic Bowl: WVU vs. Miami

So true...he did an admirable job imo during his time here, today he had some difficulty it seems like a couple other games this year. Was really hoping for 11 wins but I give the Canes credit. They have done a great job vs our guys this eve.
Yep, I think our guys looked a little lost, maybe the layoff between games hurt them more. 10-3 still a good season, wish this game was a little better.

Reactions: torontoeers
A lot of folks were upset that the Mountaineers drew the Canes in the Russell Athletic Bowl. I stated that if you really want to be upset...........................just go down to Orlando and lose to the Canes. Get my drift?

Next year, folks, remember this game when you want to believe the local hype about WVU football. We're a program of boys. When we play men, we get routed. Continue to ask yourself, did we beat a team in 2016 that anybody would consider good? And in 2015? The answer is a resounding no. We got our asses kicked convincingly every time we played a good team. Don't let wins over Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Georgia Southern, Liberty or any team coached by Fraud Graham cloud your thinking. We're not good.

The Offensive Genius is waaaaaaaay overrated and so is this program. It's much worse than anybody is willing to admit. We're a middle of the road, average, mediocre, nothing' happen' program that beats the weak sisters of the lousy Big 12 but is simply not competitive with good college football teams. After all these years of the Offensive Genius, we're nowhere close to where the program was in 2007 and there is no reason to believe that the program is getting better. The record improved only because TCU and Baylor were down and we had Missouri and a I-AA on the schedule. You can see the difference between our players and players on a good team. We recruit the players those teams reject because on the football field they're boys, not men. We need to man-up, in other words, and with the Offensive Genius it's never going to happen.

Next year, folks, remember this game when you want to believe the local hype about WVU football. We're a program of boys. When we play men, we get routed. Continue to ask yourself, did we beat a team in 2016 that anybody would consider good? And in 2015? The answer is a resounding no. We got our asses kicked convincingly every time we played a good team. Don't let wins over Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Georgia Southern, Liberty or any team coached by Fraud Graham cloud your thinking. We're not good.

The Offensive Genius is waaaaaaaay overrated and so is this program. It's much worse than anybody is willing to admit. We're a middle of the road, average, mediocre, nothing' happen' program that beats the weak sisters of the lousy Big 12 but is simply not competitive with good college football teams. After all these years of the Offensive Genius, we're nowhere close to where the program was in 2007 and there is no reason to believe that the program is getting better. The record improved only because TCU and Baylor were down and we had Missouri and a I-AA on the schedule. You can see the difference between our players and players on a good team. We recruit the players those teams reject because on the football field they're boys, not men. We need to man-up, in other words, and with the Offensive Genius it's never going to happen.
And i'll congratulate the seniors including Sky, for a solid year on the whole .Thank you for choosing WVU. That is all...

Miami started 5 true freshman on Defense, and 18 yr old Sophomore running back who entered the program at 16 turning 17, and a Freshman Star at WR. Also they dont have many seniors to begin with.

Reactions: Hurricanes6
Miami started 5 true freshman on Defense, and 18 yr old Sophomore running back who entered the program at 16 turning 17, and a Freshman Star at WR. Also they dont have many seniors to begin with.

Why are you here? Please, leave. I visit the MU board occasionally and am very pleasant with compliments. If you don't have that same respect, be gone.

compliments???

I guess you need your safe space back so ill leave. Sucks WVU cant get a losers trophy for showing up so everyone can be happy

Shouldn't Herd Fever be trying to figure out how his basketball team can hold opponents to fewer than 112 points in a game?

Shouldn't Herd Fever be trying to figure out how his basketball team can hold opponents to fewer than 112 points in a game?

Our basketball sucks and the coach is terrible. There is no figuring out anything, I have been saying this for 2 years now. He cant recruit and he cant coach

Our basketball sucks and the coach is terrible. There is no figuring out anything, I have been saying this for 2 years now. He cant recruit and he cant coach

Your own message board folks hate your guts. Please leave this one as the feeling is mutual. I'm sure Vernon will ban you in a few minutes.

LOL, people who have done nothing in life demanding 18-22 year olds to "man-up".

Think I was right, after all. Noticed Vernon's response to HerdFever saying "Goodnight". ;)
He usually allows a wide berth. Vernon seems to be very free speech. I’d rather that than techsideline. They are very quick with the ban...or at least they used to be. I haven’t been there in ten years probably.

LOL, people who have done nothing in life demanding 18-22 year olds to "man-up".

It seems I need to explain this to you again. Nowhere did I say the "18-22 year olds need to man up." That was you changing the meaning of what I wrote. You obviously can't comprehend what I am saying.

Here is what I did say:

"We're a program of boys. When we play men, we get routed." That has been the case in the vast majority of our losses the last 3 years, including today. It looks like men playing against boys.

I also said, "You can see the difference between our players and players on a good team. We recruit the players those teams reject because on the football field they're boys, not men."

And I also said we need to "man up." Obviously, you couldn't make that simple connection to the man vs. boys reference. In other words, we need to recruit the kind of players who Oklahoma, and Miami have, that past TCU and Baylor teams have had, i.e. the kind who are men playing against boys. We need to get the guys the top teams want, not the 2 and 3* ones they reject because they're too small or too slow. We need a few good men, if you will. Guys who dominate games regardless of who is lined up against them. Until we do that, we'll continue to be average, hoping for another down year in the Big 12 so we can win more than 6 or 7 games.

Well, this is what our nation once did in World War I and World War II........you know.......so asking some 18-22 year olds to "man up" isn't unprecedented (or "unpresidented" according to our President-elect...haha).

Now, I'm not saying that our players didn't "man up". I thought the effort was there, even from Skylar. Just the talent isn't as good as I thought. Miami was bigger, stronger, and faster than us. That was a fact!

How dare these 'boys' even show up at the field tonight! Who the hell do they think they are? Give up, capitulate, not good enough...ban them from any means of competition post haste!

You can always go cheer for 3-9 Marshall if you want. I know our fan base will not miss you. Tell us why

K.State not a quality win? Ask Texas A&M if K. State is not a quality team.

Baylor is 0-3 in Morgantown. TCU days of being good are over.

Rod the fraud couldn't beat USF and choked against 4-8 Pitt team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT