ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. North Carolina....Promotion is Dress Like a Yellow

I guess they're feeling semi-guilty about puffing up the crowd size:
Official attendance: 34,056

Not to defend PItt but a lot of college football is seeing a drop in attendance.
It is from not the Sidewalk fans but from the actual students.

Was PItt attendance higher while they were in the Big East or is this just because their football program is horrible

Not to defend PItt but a lot of college football is seeing a drop in attendance.

Was PItt attendance higher while they were in the Big East or is this just because their football program is horrible
1. Pitt students don't attend football games.
2. Sidewalk/occasional fan doesn't attend football games either.
3. Season ticketholders don't attend games. (I understand Pitt bundles BB season tickets with FB season tickets to pump up the numbers)
4. Shared and oversized off campus stadium not attractive to the fan base.
5. Football program is horrible.
That's all I got to say about that!

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Pitt is above and beyond and far as no shows, but I think it’s safe to say football and probably sports in general peaked. I don’t see the tide turning in this increasingly digital, PC and instant gratification world.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Why are we making fun of Pitt's attendance? I've seen a shit load of empty seats at our games this year as well....
If our empty seats were "a shitload," then what term would you use for Pitt's cavernous empty sections?

Yes, Mountaineer Field should be sold out for every game. But it usually isn't more than 5,000 from being a sellout.

And the student section has away too many empty seats. I've advocated reducing the student seats to the highest total they fill for any one game till it gets down to where every student seat is filled.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Why are we making fun of Pitt's attendance? I've seen a shit load of empty seats at our games this year as well....

Are all PItt fans this retarded

You bite at everything.

PItt has had horrible attendance at football and basketball.
That is why TCU was able to steal Jamie Dixon

Today's college student was raised on the computer. They are on the verge of going into and becoming part of the inner workings. These kids don't give a hoot about football. In fact most of them have never played the game (in the backyard) or have never owned and thrown a football. My daddy always told me he was proud of little Warez.............he didn't care if I was running the ball, giving it off to someone else or throwing the football! Warez

You bite at everything.

Attendance is the reason Dixon went to TCU? WTF? More like they offered him more money and TCU is his alma mater.

TCU's attendance sucks too.

Attendance is the reason Dixon went to TCU? WTF? More like they offered him more money and TCU is his alma mater.

Percentage wise TCU is at almost 100%.
Might have 100% this year.
TCU and PItt averaged the same amount of fans in 2016-17. The difference is that TCU's attendance has been increasing while Pitt's has decreased.

PItt in the late 90's and early 2000's had a lot of energy behind their basketball program and if I am correct they had a new arena built in the late 90's.

Point is the ACC had decreased Pitt's attendance and national appeal while the Big XII's has increased West Virginia's.

sPitt attendance has not dropped, hard to drop from next to nothing. And don't forget those tarps count as 10k fans

1. Pitt students don't attend football games.
2. Sidewalk/occasional fan doesn't attend football games either.
3. Season ticketholders don't attend games. (I understand Pitt bundles BB season tickets with FB season tickets to pump up the numbers)
4. Shared and oversized off campus stadium not attractive to the fan base.
5. Football program is horrible.
That's all I got to say about that!

Most of your post is a fair assessment.

Really? I was at ISU game and couldn’t see behind me up top but visiting side was just about full in first half even though rain was around the area.

You bite at everything.

You are representing something you have no idea about. Dixon left for three reason and attendance had literally nothing to do with it. Your post is such a joke I’m not going to educate you on the Dixon/Barnes relationship. Stick with WVU and just hate PItt. It’s easier for you. There are a ton of great WVU sports fans but your post makes me think you are just an emotional I Hate PItt band geek.

Last edited:

You aren’t accurate either. You must not realize that tax documents released by PItt showed his earnings in 2014 was a little than $3.2 million making him by far the highest paid employee at Pitt that year. He made more in 2015. His wage last year at TCU was $3.2 Million. Earnings had nothing to do with the his move and the Dixon/Barnes(AD) situation.

This site is literally the definition of FAKE NEWS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT