ADVERTISEMENT

Brett Yormark says 'digital will play a role' in future TV deal

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001

Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark says 'digital will play a role' in future TV deal​

excerpt:

The conference needs to be younger and hipper as he said in July, and with that comes contemporizing things. Likely a better digital presence is in line with whatever television deal is reached in the future.

“Not that I have a crystal ball, but as I look forward digital will play a role in what we do,” Yormark said, “but obviously you reach younger consumers in a different way today. But being on a big platform that can give you the broad reach that they provide and the cross-marketing and the promotion is critically important.

“For me, there’s a huge future with ESPN and FOX and if we can complement those two partners with something additive it seems to make sense.”

Mentioned he was visiting Big 12 teams. But never mentioned WVU.

His visits to the 8 will be complete by Thrs ..... what did he visit Morgantown?

His visits to the 8 will be complete by Thrs ..... what did he visit Morgantown?
He hasn't been to Morgantown, has not mentioned WVU at all.

“I’ll get to Texas and Oklahoma at some point in time. Pre me, we onboarded BYU and I’ll be going to Cincinnati, UCF and Houston in early September.” - Brett Yormark

Last edited:
Actually Yormark has mentioned WVU and is going to Morgantown today (Thursday). He is visiting ALL of the eight remaining schools and then the new schools. Has discussed this in a few articles since starting at the beginning of the month. But wouldn’t expect a BIG 12 troller to know that.

Excerpt:

Yormark is headed to Oklahoma State on Tuesday, Baylor on Wednesday and West Virginia on Thursday.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colle...of-kansas/article264784884.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Reactions: GNEHUNTING
So the Oklahoman news decided to leave out the part of West Virginia visit but include Cincinnati, USF, Houston and BYU in the little chit chat.

uhh…he pointedly mentioned visiting the Big 12‘s newest members as well as its lame ducks. He did not list all the other schools for you.

uhh…he pointedly mentioned visiting the Big 12‘s newest members as well as its lame ducks. He did not list all the other schools for you.
That’s just an article mentioning where he will be next numbnuts- he said he was visiting ALL the schools and the order of visits right after he started. But of course you OOC trolls trying to smear him and WVUs conference want to lie about it and pretend he wasn’t coming to WVU— what morons.

Here is an article from BEFORE his official first day where he is referenced As having mentioned visiting every BIG 12 school once he begins https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/07/14/Colleges/Big-12-Media-Days.aspx

Excerpt from July 14, 2022
Yormark said he will visit “all 14 campuses” within the next two months, including the four schools joining in 2023, as part of a “listening tour.”

Last I checked WVU is one of those campuses.

Has been the plan all along to visit WVU ( at least one article laid out the specific dates for each visit) and he also isn’t leaving out the defectors.

Last edited:
That’s just an article mentioning where he will be next numbnuts- he said he was visiting ALL the schools and the order of visits right after he started. But of course you OOC trolls trying to smear him and WVUs conference want to lie about it and pretend he wasn’t coming to WVU— what morons.

Here is an article from BEFORE his official first day where he is referenced As having mentioned visiting every BIG 12 school once he begins https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/07/14/Colleges/Big-12-Media-Days.aspx

Excerpt from July 14, 2022
Yormark said he will visit “all 14 campuses” within the next two months, including the four schools joining in 2023, as part of a “listening tour.”

Last I checked WVU is one of those campuses.

Has been the plan all along to visit WVU ( at least one article laid out the specific dates for each visit) and he also isn’t leaving out the defectors.
No mention of WVU in your links.

So I searched for correct article from last week.

Before he can build the brand that he is now responsible for, he must get to know what he is working with, and that is why he is visiting every campus in the Big 12, something he has dubbed “a listening tour.” While at each Big 12 university, Yormark will meet with the top officials, coaches, and support staff and learn a little bit about the history of each school.

After he visits all 14 schools that will be associated with this conference over the next few years, he will report back to the presidents of each school and set up a plan for moving forward.

Yormark needs to make a move before it's to late. Quit waiting on the next one from SEC and Big 10.

Yormark can’t “ make a move”. It’s like saying the ACC should add Notre Dame. Great idea, but it’s entirely up to Notre Dame if they want to join or not.

Pac schools have to contact the BIG 12, tell the conference they want to join, submit the necessary paperwork. Then there would be discussions and negotiations and votes.

Yormark can’t go out and tell someone to join anymore than Kevin Warren can do that.

Only a low IQ individual would suggest otherwise.

Uhh, he stated he is visiting ALL BIG 12 schools. You do understand that includes WVU right? Besides it’s not the only article. You do know how to do a search on the internet and READ? I mean who would think someone is going to spoon feed them every bit of information? Yormark said he was visiting all of the schools including WVU and he is at WVU today despite the ignorant attempt at anti BIG 12 spin you trolls are wasting everyone’s time with.

Yormark can’t “ make a move”. It’s like saying the ACC should add Notre Dame. Great idea, but it’s entirely up to Notre Dame if they want to join or not.

Pac schools have to contact the BIG 12, tell the conference they want to join, submit the necessary paperwork. Then there would be discussions and negotiations and votes.

Yormark can’t go out and tell someone to join anymore than Kevin Warren can do that.

Hasn't it been reported that PAC schools have already contacted B12? Also most AAC teams.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

If he can't make a move why is his ass in charge?

ACC harried adding ND. They have even begged them. ND said no and keep our little sports happy and warm.

When somebody disagrees with he whines like a bitch.

Talk sports asshat and quit with personal attacks.

Is this the return of ESPN 3 and conference games on Thursday nights? USF vs. WVU showdowns for dominance of a watered down league?
Better than no tv at all. How is Big 12 all of a sudden watered down if many here claimed they are the toughest conference ever.

Is this the return of ESPN 3 and conference games on Thursday nights? USF vs. WVU showdowns for dominance of a watered down league?
ESPN/ ESPN2/ESPNU will have Saturday windows still.

FOX and FS1 will too.

There is still the possibility NBC will want other power conference content outside the 6 Notre Dame games and 13-15 prime time Big Ten games on Saturdays as well.

Hasn't it been reported that PAC schools have already contacted B12? Also most AAC teams.
There has undoubtedly been preliminary contact. No one has signed anything requesting to be admitted to the conference and until that happens the BIG 12 legally can’t do anything.

Better than no tv at all. How is Big 12 all of a sudden watered down if many here claimed they are the toughest conference ever.
While my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I can't help but see the pros and cons of those few years where the Big East still had increased football brand awareness after the departures of Miami, VT, etc..., which was built on exposure outside of normal college football time slots, excepting some big showdown games. WVU had its heyday then (arguably first or second one depending on your age), with our name and logo recognition growing as was the respect for the program. I think everyone kinda knew that most years the BE winner would not beat the SEC or B10 champ, but the popularity in that period provided enough strength to recruiting of players and coaches, that occasionally the BE champ at least had a shot to get in the game and be competitive enough to have a chance at a NC.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT