ADVERTISEMENT

Pens /Rangers....

Wow really eh? I think 'King' (which absolutely drives me apoplectic when theses guys are handed this mantle ...Including Lebron)Henrik would be better served to KNOW better than comment so candidly right after a devastating loss (not to mention the 5-0 whupping they took) no? Sometimes the best sound bite is nothing at all...especially after reading his blatantly obvious body language over the last two...Hey 'King'! I've got a breaking newsflash for ya...I count at least 2 that went through your legs you should have had! So be the bigger man and take it like a King would! Honestly. ....

And CM any idea...if by some crazy chance the Neuvirth miracle continues? Does this mean we have Philly next rd or we are hinging on the Fla/NYI series still...I honestly haven't worked out the scenarios if this were the case...

From what I recall, it was Lundquist's glove in particular that betrayed him today; I think all 4 goals in that 2nd period beat him to that side (and three beat him HIGH). He got his ass kicked but good the last two games......and he knows it......but there's no chance that egomaniac takes the fall for his team.

BTW, why is it that I won't be the least bit surprised to hear next week from the Rangers camp that his eyesight WAS compromised.....though conveniently for the story, he was in no danger of further injuring it simply by playing.....by the Game 1 spear after all ???

As for the next round, it's the Craps or Cryers for the Pens......period. They do NOT reseed the bracket after the 1st Round in the NHL.

As for the next round, it's the Craps or Cryers for the Pens......period. They do NOT reseed the bracket after the 1st Round in the NHL.
I told my buddy a couple of days ago that I do not like this format. I think they should match the higher seeded teams with the lower seeded teams. Having said that, I am looking forward to Pens playing either Cryers or Craps and like their chances either way. Nothing I would like better than to see either Ovechkin or Wayne Simmonds going through the handshake line as big losers with #87 and company advancing to Eastern Conference Finals.

I told my buddy a couple of days ago that I do not like this format. I think they should match the higher seeded teams with the lower seeded teams. Having said that, I am looking forward to Pens playing either Cryers or Craps and like their chances either way. Nothing I would like better than to see either Ovechkin or Wayne Simmonds going through the handshake line as big losers with #87 and company advancing to Eastern Conference Finals.

This format is just plain idiotic. You have the two best teams in the east playing in round 2. Pens were the third best team in the east standings-wise and should draw the Panthers-Isles winner in all cases except for this format

But on e bright side, the Pens are hot and relatively healthy so maybe this is the best time to take on the Craps

Reactions: Euell
ok which one of you want to admit criticizing me when I was more than excited when Conner Sheary first came up? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Yes he went back down more than once but his speed and nose for the puck was immediately noticeable. I won't say the kid will ever score 20 in a season but he is a nice replacement for the Tyler Kennedy type we sorely missed

Last edited:
ok which one of you want to admit criticizing me when I was more than excited when Conner Sheary first came up? Yes he went back down more than once but his speed and nose for the puck was immediately noticeable. I won't say the kid will ever score 20 in a season but he is a nice replacement for the Tyler Kennedy type we sorely missed
Wasn't me OM. I'll be the first to admit you know more about hockey than I ever will.

Wasn't me OM. I'll be the first to admit you know more about hockey than I ever will.

I am not sure I know more about hockey than any of you regulars here. I have been a fan since the early 70's but I never coached or played. By biggest gripe with HCMJ was what I perceived to be a general lack of effort across the board and especially from Sid. Sheary and Rust were noticeably more active than some of the regulars when they did get a chance. But like 2009, the coaching change really re-energized the club and now you see Sid laying checks on players that you didn't see in the fall and early winter (or the last 2 years). I was really critical of Sid from March of 2015 through the end of the year. He just didn't look like he cared about the game any longer. But he has been the best player in the league since mid January.

And what can you say about Cullen. What a steal for $800k. I sure under appreciated that guy in the past.

Last edited:
From what I recall, it was Lundquist's glove in particular that betrayed him today; I think all 4 goals in that 2nd period beat him to that side (and three beat him HIGH). He got his ass kicked but good the last two games......and he knows it......but there's no chance that egomaniac takes the fall for his team.

BTW, why is it that I won't be the least bit surprised to hear next week from the Rangers camp that his eyesight WAS compromised.....though conveniently for the story, he was in no danger of further injuring it simply by playing.....by the Game 1 spear after all ???

You know there are a lot of folks talking about Lundquist playing poorly. While he wasn't spectacular as he has been in prior series, the Penguin's shooting was truly amazing this series and IMO the second biggest difference (other than speed). I wish I could go back and review all the goals, but how many went top corners? Kessel's goal yesterday was Bossy-esque. It even ticked the knob on way by. Rust went top shelf over the glove. Sheary's goal was an excellent shot. Early in the year, those shots are wide or into the Ranger logo. Rust's first goal....great hands displayed there to harness that hard pass and stick it in.

I just wish they would seed the division winners 1 and 2. The wild card teams 7 and 8. And put the four in the middle in the order of where they finished. Pens vs Fla or NYI is far more fair based on the finish. So while we get two very good match-ups in the east in round 2, we could get a true dud in the conference finals with either of the Fla teams in the series.

Bring on the Craps! I actually don't mind this matchup on the whole...the Pens played them very well in the second half and showed with hard work they can be beaten....goaltending will be key imo for this one. Holtby is no slouch whatsoever and the Pens also have a hot hand between the pipes....get that puck low and force the speed on em...get them to turn on the backend as much as possible or force them into undisciplined penalties as a result....

Philly proved the last 2 that their O can be strangled...let's do this!

You know there are a lot of folks talking about Lundquist playing poorly. While he wasn't spectacular as he has been in prior series, the Penguin's shooting was truly amazing this series and IMO the second biggest difference (other than speed). I wish I could go back and review all the goals, but how many went top corners? Kessel's goal yesterday was Bossy-esque. It even ticked the knob on way by. Rust went top shelf over the glove. Sheary's goal was an excellent shot. Early in the year, those shots are wide or into the Ranger logo. Rust's first goal....great hands displayed there to harness that hard pass and stick it in.

I just wish they would seed the division winners 1 and 2. The wild card teams 7 and 8. And put the four in the middle in the order of where they finished. Pens vs Fla or NYI is far more fair based on the finish. So while we get two very good match-ups in the east in round 2, we could get a true dud in the conference finals with either of the Fla teams in the series.
Indeed OM1...These guys were marksman in the last series...really refreshing to see that!
I am in agreement with ya on this playoff setup...completely bizarre...although I relish the opportunity for the Pens to eliminate the Craps....we'll have to face them at some point I suppose. May as well be now....

What's the book on this Guentzel kid who helped propel WB/S in the first round sweep! Anyone? His stats look pretty good from the NCAA...and he had 2 g and 2 A yesterday?

What's the book on this Guentzel kid who helped propel WB/S in the first round sweep! Anyone? His stats look pretty good from the NCAA...and he had 2 g and 2 A yesterday?

I know the name, but admit I know little else about him.

Meanwhile, I'm headed to Las Vegas early tomorrow morning for a National Sales Meeting most of this week, so I probably won't be on here too much (that is unless I get bored after waking up at 400AM Pacific time, in which case I'll be looking for someone to talk to). Meanwhile, I'm glad the Craps series likely won't begin much earlier than Friday night; so I won't have to worry about missing a game (or games) while attending asshole dinners with people I don't know (or in some cases, can't stand).

Oh, and if you happened to look up any NY-based perspective on the series just finished, I suspect you weren't surprised that the series was far more about what the Rangers didn't do than what the Pens did. I read on Stan Fischler's blog that one of his Mensas claimed the Rangers actually had the Pens figured out based on the results of Game 2. Of course, they only had the Pens figured out for about 5 minutes of the 2nd period; the rest of that game was generally even. Of course, nobody in NY wants to talk about most of the remaining 240 minutes of the series.

Anyway, accounts like that one make me glad the 5 boroughs....at least the parts that root for the NYR.....got a bunch of pucks jammed up their collective arse.

I know the name, but admit I know little else about him.

Meanwhile, I'm headed to Las Vegas early tomorrow morning for a National Sales Meeting most of this week, so I probably won't be on here too much (that is unless I get bored after waking up at 400AM Pacific time, in which case I'll be looking for someone to talk to). Meanwhile, I'm glad the Craps series likely won't begin much earlier than Friday night; so I won't have to worry about missing a game (or games) while attending asshole dinners with people I don't know (or in some cases, can't stand).

Oh, and if you happened to look up any NY-based perspective on the series just finished, I suspect you weren't surprised that the series was far more about what the Rangers didn't do than what the Pens did. I read on Stan Fischler's blog that one of his Mensas claimed the Rangers actually had the Pens figured out based on the results of Game 2. Of course, they only had the Pens figured out for about 5 minutes of the 2nd period; the rest of that game was generally even. Of course, nobody in NY wants to talk about most of the remaining 240 minutes of the series.

Anyway, accounts like that one make me glad the 5 boroughs....at least the parts that root for the NYR.....got a bunch of pucks jammed up their collective arse.

I read on the Pens HF board that the series may start Thursday night. I hope this isn't the case as the NFL draft is that night and I'd like to enjoy both. Anyways, I love our chances versus the Craps and if we continue to get production from all 4 lines I see the Pens in 6. I'm just wondering at what point does Sully scratch Kunitz if favor of someone who actually can contribute?

What's that dumbass song they sing at United Center when the Hawks win/score? It's been happily silenced for the sping!
The players will now have oodles of time to act as drunken LOSERS ...lmao.

Look out Buffalo...Patty Kane is coming home early this year...lock away your daughters....

Well done Blues!

It seems the Broadway Blueshirts are still getting plenty of press...get a load of this lol...

This might give the 'You get beat up at the bus stop Brooksie' from Torts a run for it's money!
Brooks is an asshat (although I do commend him on his reporting re: concussion related issues), and so is Tort's....and apparently Boyle too! What a boo hoo episode....

Something tells me in an age when media is demanding more access than ever before....we're gonna start seeing a lot less....soon we may start to see 'here's your 3 or 4 players / team reps for 5 minutes of comment'....the Leaf wankers have already started doing it...they whine with the best of them too...

I read on the Pens HF board that the series may start Thursday night. I hope this isn't the case as the NFL draft is that night and I'd like to enjoy both. Anyways, I love our chances versus the Craps and if we continue to get production from all 4 lines I see the Pens in 6. I'm just wondering at what point does Sully scratch Kunitz if favor of someone who actually can contribute?
I'm hoping my local broadcaster has a scroll across the bottom of the hockey game....but then that makes too much sense / customer satisfaction for the providers up here to implement...thus a pipe dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT