ADVERTISEMENT

Pens /Rangers....

Atta boy Carl!!! And nice feed across from Phil! Here we go!

30 seconds later and I have to edit this post in the WRONG way...where the hell was our D there? Sleeping? Sid shoulda taken the trailer on the play but nobody was home...good grief...

Rangers are playing with the desperation thus far which has been totally missing since Game 2, and they're getting the bounces thus far.

Hey t, whose broadcast are you getting today ?? Surpringly to me, NBCSN has the all-Rangers-all-the-time broadcast team of Kenny Albert and Joe Micheletti. Albert, as usual, is calling it down the middle though it's pretty clear where Micheletti's allegiance lies.

Meanwhile, a great pass by Kessel to Hagelin......and then, shit, the bad bounce goes against them.

Sid with a great feed and Kessel with a laser! We got a barn burner here guys...

I've got the same feed as you CM.

Man that call on Malkin was weak!...Staal did a fantastic job of embelishment there...

Pens cannot stand prosperity today......Geno to the friggin' box :angry:

Man, this is a strange game......looks like Murray left his Superman's cape at the dry cleaners, while Lundquist doesn't immediately look a whole lot better. Just wish the Pens could find a way to get more rubber on him.

Rangers are playing with the desperation thus far which has been totally missing since Game 2, and they're getting the bounces thus far.

Hey t, whose broadcast are you getting today ?? Surpringly to me, NBCSN has the all-Rangers-all-the-time broadcast team of Kenny Albert and Joe Micheletti. Albert, as usual, is calling it down the middle though it's pretty clear where Micheletti's allegiance lies.

Meanwhile, a great pass by Kessel to Hagelin......and then, shit, the bad bounce goes against them.
Same game action feed as you but my intermission is The HNIC crew (Frieds,Strombo,Kypreos, and Hrudey)...I assume the NBC is JR and Milbury? Or no?

I don't think the NYG could have asked for a much better 1st period with a decent SOG advantage and 2 goals against the previously invincible Matt Murray. Still, the best they could finish with is a 2-2 tie. Glad to see the penns even up the territorial play to a fair extent in the 2nd half of the period, though they need more scoring chances.

I think whichever side gets the better goaltending the rest of the way wins this game, and I'm not currently sure Lundquist is necessarily the easier selection from that standpoint.

Same game action feed as you but my intermission is The HNIC crew (Frieds,Strombo,Kypreos, and Hrudey)...I assume the NBC is JR and Milbury? Or no?

Yup, and they're pumping up the Rangers' 1st period effort pretty seriously......which they (and JR in particular) need to do after how they savaged the NYR on Thursday.

Meanwhile, is the HNIC panel biased (as I'd assume) toward the Rangers ??

Yup, and they're pumping up the Rangers' 1st period effort pretty seriously......which they (and JR in particular) need to do after how they savaged the NYR on Thursday.

Meanwhile, is the HNIC panel biased (as I'd assume) toward the Rangers ??
They are actually pretty balanced for the most part...Kypreos shills for the Blueshirts but Frieds and Hrudey have been pumpin' the Pens tires bigtime!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Have I thanked the Hawks enough yet? No I haven't! LMAO...THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Did you realize that Scuderi played 17+ minutes last night.....22+ minutes in Game 4......and a borderline unbelievable 24+ minutes in Game 3 ?? Had I realized Sutter was relying on him to play THOSE kind of minutes, that alone would have been reason enough to pick SJ in that series.

Did you realize that Scuderi played 17+ minutes last night.....22+ minutes in Game 4......and a borderline unbelievable 24+ minutes in Game 3 ?? Had I realized Sutter was relying on him to play THOSE kind of minutes, that alone would have been reason enough to pick SJ in that series.
Seriously?!? Wow....those are HUGE minutes for what were old tired legs in The Burgh!

Let's get one more here...they'll come on strong in the 3rd....

Starting to look like Game 6 of the 1991 Finals when Mario and crew wiped out Minnesota 8-0. BTW t, you can at least take a bit of solace in the fact the last time this season those Ranger slobs were happy was when they accosted you and your wife in Pittsburgh last Saturday.

Interesting.....and elegantly appropriately.....how much squirts Rust and Sheary are looking today like 2016 versions of, well, Marty St. Louis

The chatter on the 2nd intermission on my end was...If Flower is ready, how can you extricate Murray from the cage? ....The consensus was ,all pretty much felt MAF has had a pretty good year but it's MM's net now until / should he falter badly...It is at least a huge luxury to have 2 available (soon) that you trust...and MAF can take his time getting back. Although I'd like him to see a good amount of rubber before he may be needed...thoughts?

Reactions: COOL MAN
Starting to look like Game 6 of the 1991 Finals when Mario and crew wiped out Minnesota 8-0. BTW t, you can at least take a bit of solace in the fact the last time this season those Ranger slobs were happy was when they accosted you and your wife in Pittsburgh last Saturday.
Oh how we all remember that one! I remember this line from Trots to Barasso vividly 'A Shutout! A Mother F'n Shutout' for all to hear on National TV lol...

I think I'd pay some good money to land on the shuttle back to the hotel with those bozo's today CM! Lol.

The chatter on the 2nd intermission on my end was...If Flower is ready, how can you extricate Murray from the cage? ....The consensus was ,all pretty much felt MAF has had a pretty good year but it's MM's net now until / should he falter badly...It is at least a huge luxury to have 2 available (soon) that you trust...and MAF can take his time getting back. Although I'd like him to see a good amount of rubber before he may be needed...thoughts?
I don't see any way possible that HCMS would make a change as long as MM is playing like he is. Perhaps if they had a 3-0 series lead and MAF was ready, he might give him some playing time.

Oh, I myself seriously doubt Murray heads to the bench anytime soon unless he's injured.....or else has a REALLY demoralizing bad game......and I completely concur with the panel's assessment. Who knows, if there IS an Expansion Draft this summer, it's not out of the realm of possibility we've seen our last game with Flower in a Pens uniform.

Meanwhile, glad Lundquist found his hat......and his way to the end of the bench.....and has left his teammates to play out the string. I have a feeling this will be far and away THE worst off season Lundquist will ever have.

Good points guys...He may well get some playing time to see some rubber if up in the next round by several goals or games...and I've been wondering the same re a possible trade or expansion scenario....I like Flower quite a bit and would hate to see him go because of an injury but I suppose that is progress toward the future anyway...

Yes! On we go boys! To come out of this series with effectively full health in the battle of attrition that is the playoffs is absolutely huge!....Now....maybe you guys think I should plan a road game rather than CEC during the second round lol?

Nobody asked me, but I think the Craps are going to bury the Cryers in Game 6 tomorrow just like they did in Game 3. Just glad Philly pushed them a little bit..... and they have yet another chance to cheap shot somebody important to the sidelines.

Reactions: torontoeers
Speaking to the Press after the game, Lundquist said he just couldn't make the saves late in the series; clearly, he struggled with his confidence. But he also made absolute certain to inform the reporters that his team gave up WAY too many scoring chances.

BTW, the Rangers are on the hook to the tune of $34 million over the next 4 years for the 34 year old Lundquist. Meanwhile, I can't wait to hear how much he rolls McDonagh, Girardi, Mark Staal, Boyle, Yandle, and Klein under the bus for all the problems he was unable to solve.

Also, I assume the Rangers will be one team positively begging for an Expansion Draft in order to give them a chance to finally cut their losses on Rick Nash (and possibly Girardi) who they still owe $16 million+ over the next two years.

I don't see any way possible that HCMS would make a change as long as MM is playing like he is. Perhaps if they had a 3-0 series lead and MAF was ready, he might give him some playing time.

Been thinking about that perspective for the past hour, and am trying to figure out if an NHL HC would actually give a sub (like Flower) PT in that manner in a 3-0 series.....or does he stay with his hot hand in goal to hopefully end the series as quickly as possible ??

Speaking to the Press after the game, Lundquist said he just couldn't make the saves late in the series; clearly, he struggled with his confidence. But he also made absolute certain to inform the reporters that his team gave up WAY too many scoring chances.

BTW, the Rangers are on the hook to the tune of $34 million over the next 4 years for the 34 year old Lundquist. Meanwhile, I can't wait to hear how much he rolls McDonagh, Girardi, Mark Staal, Boyle, Yandle, and Klein under the bus for all the problems he was unable to solve.

Also, I assume the Rangers will be one team positively begging for an Expansion Draft in order to give them a chance to finally cut their losses on Rick Nash (and possibly Girardi) who they still owe $16 million+ over the next two years.
Wow really eh? I think 'King' (which absolutely drives me apoplectic when theses guys are handed this mantle ...Including Lebron)Henrik would be better served to KNOW better than comment so candidly right after a devastating loss (not to mention the 5-0 whupping they took) no? Sometimes the best sound bite is nothing at all...especially after reading his blatantly obvious body language over the last two...Hey 'King'! I've got a breaking newsflash for ya...I count at least 2 that went through your legs you should have had! So be the bigger man and take it like a King would! Honestly. ....

And CM any idea...if by some crazy chance the Neuvirth miracle continues? Does this mean we have Philly next rd or we are hinging on the Fla/NYI series still...I honestly haven't worked out the scenarios if this were the case...

Reactions: Euell
Been thinking about that perspective for the past hour, and am trying to figure out if an NHL HC would actually give a sub (like Flower) PT in that manner in a 3-0 series.....or does he stay with his hot hand in goal to hopefully end the series as quickly as possible ??
I would think he'd start his hot hand but if well up (like today/yesterday) he'd be awfully tempted to give Flower 10-15 mins in the final frame...and I likely would not fault him if he pulled that trigger....he may very well be needed down the stretch...

Also one more thing...any of you fella's know anyone that went to the Spring game today? I'm looking for some positive thoughts or even an honest review on what somebody thought? KJ will be missed but I'm hearing Henry has really stepped up his game to the primetime level, which I suppose would be no surprise...a soph Douglas growing into his role I think could also be a big help on this D come fall...As far as the O I was really thinking Durante would be our next big gun and now I'm not so sure with the off field issues...the schedule sets up REAL nice for us again this year, it would be a shame to not take advantage...Gimmie 9 wins...that's all I ask lol...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT