ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- NOV 2018

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Somebody with some common sense needs to start a November thread......listening to the Pens at Calgary on a positively shitty Web connection in a hotel in Bowling Green KY :mad:

EDIT -- Well, I guess it's still 2017 :flushed:

Reactions: torontoeers
Somebody with some common sense needs to start a November thread......listening to the Pens at Calgary on a positively shitty Web connection in a hotel in Bowling Green KY :mad:

EDIT -- Well, I guess it's still 2017 :flushed:
End of 2 and 22 saves Jarry? Well...alright!
Something tells me you'd far rather it be Bowling Green Ohio lol!
Off to bed as I have a ridiculously early meeting tomorrow...these west coast games drive me bonkers I say!!!
I am rather hopeful they start a streak here!!!

2 periods complete in Vancouver, and I'm very surprised how aggressive the Canucks are. I get the fact the HNIC crew are rooting for the Canucks, but they're moaning about the calls against the home team......3 of the 4 were perfectly fine......but they're extraordinarily lucky they don't have 3 more.

But the Canucks seem to have the Pens PP figured out after the Guentzel goal, and they just seem more ready to play tonight than they typically have been against the Guins over the past few years. I'm not confident as to the Pens ability to come back.

KEEEEEE-rist....... Pens defense making this rookie Brock Boeser look like friggin Patrick Kane. Oh, and for the record, Letang on the ice for all three Vancouver goals this far; one was the direct result of a half assed poke check attempt he made up the slot which took himself completely out of the play.

How did they miss on either of those 2 chances at 6 mins left?

Markstrom is living right tonight, just like Smith the other night. And now it's 4-2......Letang caught watching the play in front of the net and leaves Horvat wide open in front.

Hey t, have you made it home already ??

Markstrom is living right tonight, just like Smith the other night. And now it's 4-2......Letang caught watching the play in front of the net and leaves Horvat wide open in front.

Hey t, have you made it home already ??
Was in Motown last wknd...shoulda gone this wk lol! Back down for Texas in 2 weeks...
Not a really impressive road trip imo at all...needed at least a point tonight vs these guys...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Was in Motown last wknd...shoulda gone this wk lol! Back down for Texas in 2 weeks...
Not a really impressive road trip imo at all...needed at least a point tonight vs these guys...

Yup, 1-3-1 on the trip.......at least Hrudey properly acknowledged the fact the Pens outplayed BOTH Calgary and Vancouver and got nothing to show for their efforts. So, I've been reduced to looking for moral victories on this road trip.

They BADLY need some home cooking.....

another great game by my favorite french pvssy.

boeser.gif

[poop]
boeser-2.gif

[sick]
boeser-3.gif

:thumbsdown:

at this point maybe its time for 58 to take a seat for a game or two...

another great game by my favorite french pvssy.

at this point maybe its time for 58 to take a seat for a game or two...

In the best of all worlds, you might be onto something regarding Letang sitting......but I have to assume you're unaware they're already down 2 starting D. In other words, he's obviously in no danger of sitting anytime soon.

BTW, you must finally tell us about all this non-stop "French p****" talk. Are you, for some reason, personally threatened by him ?? Get back to us on that, will you ??

I realize they are down two dmen, I pay close attention to this stuff. However in 58's case maybe sitting and letting someone play who will work hard in their own end can't be bad. He's just a mess in his own end right now. Let him sit and watch someone else for awhile. Lets be honest, it can't be any worse.

as for the french stuff, I grew up going up there for tournaments, the french are dirty hockey players.

Duchene to Ottawa, Kyle Turris to Nashville, and Andrew Hammond.....a 1, 2 and 3 pick.....plus minor leaguers from both Ottawa and Nashville to Colorado. This is one of the weirder deals I can remember in ANY sport.

Last edited:
Unless the Sens win RIGHT NOW this deal stinks for them long term imo. Turris numbers are not that of Duchene but not light years away and imo he's a more responsible D zone player, and was quite liked in the community and by teammates...Sakic gets the haul he wanted too...Turris would have been EXACTLY the guy I would like to see in Black and Gold...of course also imo 6 for 6 is a bit more than is affordable.
Staal I would like to see...less now from him than years ago but I have sentimental attachment, as he is a former Pete :wink:....

Unless the Sens win RIGHT NOW this deal stinks for them long term imo. Turris numbers are not that of Duchene but not light years away and imo he's a more responsible D zone player, and was quite liked in the community and by teammates...Sakic gets the haul he wanted too...Turris would have been EXACTLY the guy I would like to see in Black and Gold...of course also imo 6 for 6 is a bit more than is affordable.
Staal I would like to see...less now from him than years ago but I have sentimental attachment, as he is a former Pete :wink:....

The Turris extension sounds high to me; of course, the Preds are also overpaying Bonino. But at an identical $6 million per, I'll take Turris anyday over Staal (no matter where he played Juniors [thumb2]) who I myself consider to be a VERY good addition to a Preds team who can't score. And they're now pretty damned deep at center.

From what I can tell, the early media assessments regarding Colorado's take on the deal have actually been pretty good......but it's obviously going to be sometime before anyone knows how it'll work out. That said, I don't initially get the impression either Ottawa or Nashville had to move any of their bestest prospects, though it was the Sens who gave up the #1 pick......of course, nobody knows now where that'll end up (though I'll be surprised if it's in the top half of the round).

If I were an Avs fan, I'd probably be cautiously optimistic; then again, what else can they do ?? I'm also trying to figure out if a good guy (and Pens-killer) like Turris wasn't worth $6 million/season to Gene Melnyk, why would anyone figure him to give Duchene a raise from his current $7 million deal ?? I mean, I myself don't think he's all of a sudden going to turn into an 80 point guy in Ottawa.

Anyway, I think Sens fans should be nervous; but no matter what transpires, I'm just glad Duchene didn't end in Columbus. Then again, maybe he ends up there after he refuses to resign in Ottawa in a couple years.

Well he ended up in Gold just not the gold you were looking for.

2COxsyT.jpg

Well he ended up in Gold just not the gold you were looking for.

2COxsyT.jpg
Lol...congrats! This definitely makes your crew stronger up the middle. And as for your more local crew, I think the Av's actually made out as best they could. Some quality draft picks, and young players with upside...will be interesting to how it translates over time on the ice. And as I say re: the Sens, win now or else...if Duchene puts up good numbers regardless of win or loss it will cost them in the wallet bigtime!

Lol...congrats! This definitely makes your crew stronger up the middle. And as for your more local crew, I think the Av's actually made out as best they could. Some quality draft picks, and young players with upside...will be interesting to how it translates over time on the ice. And as I say re: the Sens, win now or else...if Duchene puts up good numbers regardless of win or loss it will cost them in the wallet bigtime!
The Duchene situation was beyond repair here. I hope the best for him. The radio talk shows just kept reporting rifts between him and management. It was a distraction wheather or not it was true. I know the pens had interest but I really think you need help on the blue line. If the preds can get 20-25 goals out of Turris then maybe he might be the piece they need to a make another run.

The Duchene situation was beyond repair here. I hope the best for him. The radio talk shows just kept reporting rifts between him and management. It was a distraction wheather or not it was true. I know the pens had interest but I really think you need help on the blue line. If the preds can get 20-25 goals out of Turris then maybe he might be the piece they need to a make another run.

No matter what was reported and by whom, I myself will absolutely never believe the Pens were ever legitimately in the Duchene derby.......though I'm sure GMJR inquired.....if only for reasons of sheer (prospect) numbers and cap space.

Several teams had far better packages to offer; still, I think nobody in the League is as pissed off.....in as many different ways.....today as Columbus. Meanwhile, speaking of Duchene, acknowledging my earlier error earlier in saying he had a $7 million cap hit; I see it currently remains at $6 million.

As for Nashville, I think Turris may indeed be the best acquisition of the entire deal (even though Nashville still needs a replacement for Nose Candy Neal). But if KT can score 25 goals.....and I know of no reason why not......he makes them a far better team even if all it does is take some of the weight off Ryan Johansen's narrow shoulders.

Of course, nothing stopping Poile (a la Rutherford) from tossing a #2 in McPhee's direction to reacquire NCN next Spring at the deadline.

No matter what was reported and by whom, I myself will absolutely never believe the Pens were ever legitimately in the Duchene derby.......though I'm sure GMJR inquired.....if only for reasons of sheer (prospect) numbers and cap space.

Several teams had far better packages to offer; still, I think nobody in the League is as pissed off.....in as many different ways.....today as Columbus. Meanwhile, speaking of Duchene, acknowledging my earlier error earlier in saying he had a $7 million cap hit; I see it currently remains at $6 million.

As for Nashville, I think Turris may indeed be the best acquisition of the entire deal (even though Nashville still needs a replacement for Nose Candy Neal). But if KT can score 25 goals.....and I know of no reason why not......he makes them a far better team even if all it does is take some of the weight off Ryan Johansen's narrow shoulders.

Of course, nothing stopping Poile (a la Rutherford) from tossing a #2 in McPhee's direction to reacquire NCN next Spring at the deadline.
Nose Candy Neal! [roll]......and something tells me Turris ain't gonna be Johansen's new best bud in that dept either...
Nashville looks very solid throughout the lineup now...if they can manage to keep PK's yapper shut and concentrating on hockey they could be very dangerous.

nashville screwed the pooch by leaving neal unprotected.

Well, Poile decided to keep Calle Jarnkrok instead......as a (I think) career 3rd line center, you can make your own decision if that was a good idea at the expense of keeping their best scoring winger (who admittedly is a FA after this season). Of course, decent centers are a harder get than wingers; and Jarnkrok is a legitimate pro. OTOH, Poile protected Jarnkrok before he signed Bonino and traded for Turris.

But again, there's a pretty solid chance McPhee shops Neal at the deadline; and since Nashville will presumably consider themselves a Cup contender.....and I believe is considered to be a reasonably deep organization (at least before the trade).....there's really no reason for Poile to decline a demand for pick(s) for Neal as a rental. Meanwhile, I'd think bringing aboard the two new centers now makes Jarnkrok a trade chip for Nashville.

Who knows, maybe McPhee ends up trying to move Neal for Jarnkrok (which I don't think Poile will do).

Well, Poile decided to keep Calle Jarnkrok instead......as a (I think) career 3rd line center, you can make your own decision if that was a good idea at the expense of keeping their best scoring winger (who admittedly is a FA after this season). Of course, decent centers are a harder get than wingers; and Jarnkrok is a legitimate pro. OTOH, Poile protected Jarnkrok before he signed Bonino and traded for Turris.

But again, there's a pretty solid chance McPhee shops Neal at the deadline; and since Nashville will presumably consider themselves a Cup contender.....and I believe is considered to be a reasonably deep organization (at least before the trade).....there's really no reason for Poile to decline a demand for pick(s) for Neal as a rental. Meanwhile, I'd think bringing aboard the two new centers now makes Jarnkrok a trade chip for Nashville.

Who knows, maybe McPhee ends up trying to move Neal for Jarnkrok (which I don't think Poile will do).

you are terribly long winded pal...

but I can agree with most of that but I can also see vegas trying to sign neal long term if they are still playing well. the guy can create his own chances and is a decent passer, I guess that's why I thought it was a mistake not to protect him in nashville.

you are terribly long winded pal...

but I can agree with most of that but I can also see vegas trying to sign neal long term if they are still playing well. the guy can create his own chances and is a decent passer, I guess that's why I thought it was a mistake not to protect him in nashville.
Well....for what it's worth, allow me to interject briefly, and I'll try not to be long winded unless you ask for details which some here at home, here on the board and in the biz whom I've talked to know...Poile worked his ass off to deal him beforehand, and next to no interest Why? He has a major issue, along with another current Pred and a few other NHLers....I'll let the video spell it out and you'll likely get the picture. This is not spitballing fyi. Vegas is a wonderful destination to kick this thing into HIGH gear!!! Yee haw!!! BTW the clown is a first rate jackass, friends attest...over and out...

Well....for what it's worth, allow me to interject briefly, and I'll try not to be long winded unless you ask for details which some here at home, here on the board and in the biz whom I've talked to know...Poile worked his ass off to deal him beforehand, and next to no interest Why? He has a major issue, along with another current Pred and a few other NHLers....I'll let the video spell it out and you'll likely get the picture. This is not spitballing fyi. Vegas is a wonderful destination to kick this thing into HIGH gear!!! Yee haw!!! BTW the clown is a first rate jackass, friends attest...over and out...

doesn't seem to be hurting his game.

Back to hockey talk, morning papers reporting that both Schultz and Hunwick are expected to play tonight......

Now I'm reading Schultz is a game time decision, and Hunwick is out.....

Why must we always allow a team to hang around? When they cut it to 2-1, I was waiting for the collapse.
Oh I hear ya...it kind of mirrors that image I recollect from last year and waiting till the 11th hour to turn on the jets. That's when I'd really be cursing...I will say I wasn't too worried tonight after Arizona scored that first marker, except to say to myself ...wouldn't this be embarrassing to lose to these guys tonight after the decidedly uninspirational Western trip.
I actually felt bad for Tochett when they keyed in on him holding his head 'why did I do this' after the 6th Coyote penalty lol ....

Im optimistic to see how this plays out. Turris is capabale of being the #2 center. Bonino will slide to #3 which is a more natural fit for him. I do agree with you that the preds might have payed to much for Bonino at 4 million but they dumped Colin Wilson off to the avs and he was making the same. I would rather over pay for a 3rd line guy over a 4th even if we got screwed on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT