ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- NOV 2018

I'll take any 3rd line C that can win a faceoff right now, skate and preferably with at least a bit of edge...I also dont mind if they wait on it a bit, get him into the lineup occasionally at least for some depth on D. I'd think it'll be a sign and trade of some variety anyway....

cole's agent has been working with teams so yeah I agree, any sort of move will come with a new contract.

I saw vegas and toronto were interested... there was another team, but I don't remember.

does the way jake g is playing in the middle change anything?

cole's agent has been working with teams so yeah I agree, any sort of move will come with a new contract.

I saw vegas and toronto were interested... there was another team, but I don't remember.

does the way jake g is playing in the middle change anything?
Colorado...and apparently they are offering up some 6 ft 4 Swede who I can't remember his name and wasn't impressed with his numbers.
Jake I quite like...just not for that 3 spot . imo need somebody who's gonna go right into the trenches....future a few years down the road he looks like our top gun, which is both good and bad lol...these good times ain't gonna last forever unfortunately. We need 3 in a row. And frankly I would mortgage whatever the hell I had to in order to get it....year or 2 later firesale.
Which also leads me to query...anybody scare you guys thus far in as a legit threat to take the Cup this year other than the Bolts? Blues...not in my books, NJ not believing, Leaves? Not yet with that D or goalie, Ottawa looks weaker than last year, Oil? Lol...Hawks flit about all the time....who? Who is the biggest threat at this point in your opinion?

Last edited:
the league is catching up but if the pens can find their game again this spring... no one is good enough... yet.

Reactions: torontoeers
Take it with a grain of salt but...from Friedman , Leaves and Pens in talks about one of Sparks or Pickard plus a prospect for Cole. A decent backup is needed in net with Murray out but, this could up being a real waste of an asset imo...The Sparks fella already seems a bit of a retread and there is this from a few days ago (whoops actually just realized its from last year lol, regardless the Leaves seem like $hit peddlers to me)... https://www.tsn.ca/sparks-suspended-indefinitely-by-maple-leafs-1.617534 so NO THANKS on him...
Pickard is intrigueing in putting up good AHL numbers, good save percentage when with a defensively challenged Av's team last year, which reflects a fairly large GAA...

Hmmm....still would love another decent C.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I would love to see them hold onto ian cole. sullivan isn't the first coach he has battled with. if the right deal isn't there, I say keep him and let him walk after the season.

With Ian Cole back and paired with Justin Schultz during drills in Toronto on Thursday, anyone who thought Cole’s days in Pittsburgh were dwindling might have to reconsider. While it’s clear that Cole was made available to rival general managers, I’ve come to believe Jim Rutherford didn’t order the defenseman to be scratched to merely protect his asset. Rather, the benching of Cole was primarily triggered by a good old-fashioned coach’s decision. No reports were “made up,” to refute Mike Sullivan‘s claim this week, but this matter is complex - copied from dkpittsburghsports

Reactions: torontoeers
We ride this one. Not changing anything. We will roll with it after the game.
im752g.jpg

kind of looks like the pens are finding themselves a little bit here.

would love to see them heat up here for a month or so.

Reactions: DocEER
ADVERTISEMENT