ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- NOV 2018

Oh I hear ya...it kind of mirrors that image I recollect from last year and waiting till the 11th hour to turn on the jets. That's when I'd really be cursing...I will say I wasn't too worried tonight after Arizona scored that first marker, except to say to myself ...wouldn't this be embarrassing to lose to these guys tonight after the decidedly uninspirational Western trip.
I actually felt bad for Tochett when they keyed in on him holding his head 'why did I do this' after the 6th Coyote penalty lol ....
Toronto I watched the preds game tonight. Turris wasn't in the line up do to and immigration issue. Some of this stuff is silly The senators travel to the states all the time for work. I hope you don't have to deal with some of this stuff when you visit. The only thing Turris wants to blow up is the goal horn when he puts the puck int the net.

Reactions: torontoeers
Toronto I watched the preds game tonight. Turris wasn't in the line up do to and immigration issue. Some of this stuff is silly The senators travel to the states all the time for work. I hope you don't have to deal with some of this stuff when you visit. The only thing Turris wants to blow up is the goal horn when he puts the puck int the net.
Lol....we head down for about half of the home EERS games in the fall and usually to a few Pens games a year. The questioning varies somewhat and I've definitely noticed a more hmmm... 'intense' experience at the border over the last year or two? In saying that we've never been pulled aside or refused entry which we obviously hope continues! It's amusing somewhat coming back home over the same time frame , it's one maybe 2 questions and sometimes the border control officer is joking around? So much so that I no longer fib on my quantity of Yeungling coming back. I told him I had three 24's on way home from Okie St and he just laughed it off and asked if I had any moonshine lol...and off we went! I assume maybe it is a similar experience coming home as a US citizen? Maybe not....
I get the extra grilling to a degree nowdays with the goings on all over the world....thinking hard about a NEXUS card now with the amount we cross over as the lineups are getting fairly long during busy weekends etc.
Must be some kind of green card issue with Turris? Maybe related to new contract as well ? Crossing t's etc...

Lol....we head down for about half of the home EERS games in the fall and usually to a few Pens games a year. The questioning varies somewhat and I've definitely noticed a more hmmm... 'intense' experience at the border over the last year or two? In saying that we've never been pulled aside or refused entry which we obviously hope continues! It's amusing somewhat coming back home over the same time frame , it's one maybe 2 questions and sometimes the border control officer is joking around? So much so that I no longer fib on my quantity of Yeungling coming back. I told him I had three 24's on way home from Okie St and he just laughed it off and asked if I had any moonshine lol...and off we went! I assume maybe it is a similar experience coming home as a US citizen? Maybe not....
I get the extra grilling to a degree nowdays with the goings on all over the world....thinking hard about a NEXUS card now with the amount we cross over as the lineups are getting fairly long during busy weekends etc.
Must be some kind of green card issue with Turris? Maybe related to new contract as well ? Crossing t's etc...
The Turris thing was some kind of Immigration issue. I don't get it he comes to the states all the time for work. He will make his debut on Saturday night. He will be in gold playing a team that wears black and gold when their on home Ice of course. Preds went 3-1 on their current road trip. They Lost at San Jose but beat the ducks, Kings and Bluejackets. Coming home against the pens will be another Tall task. The team that I don't want any part of at the moment is Tampa. I saw them smoke the sharks tonight. Quite a few of the talking heads picked them to win it. They look really tough. Its a long season so we will see but right now they are the best team that I have seen this year.

Well gentlemen tomorrow tonight I am going to invade the box seats for Pens/Caps in DC. It will be glorious to be the one in black and gold in a sea of red.
Atta boy Doc! Cheer em on with much bravado! .....oh the butthurt in that arena when the good guys win yet another! Thus...careful on your way out the doors. Lay low lol...

Atta boy Doc! Cheer em on with much bravado! .....oh the butthurt in that arena when the good guys win yet another! Thus...careful on your way out the doors. Lay low lol...
No way on laying low. Game 2 last year was beautiful. I strolled in and out of that arena like the magnificent bastard all of us Penguin guys are. They knew they were toast going in the hole 0-2. If I encounter any shit tmw, I have the ultimate trump card: “just wait until the second round of the playoffs.” Slays them every time!

No way on laying low. Game 2 last year was beautiful. I strolled in and out of that arena like the magnificent bastard all of us Penguin guys are. They knew they were toast going in the hole 0-2. If I encounter any shit tmw, I have the ultimate trump card: “just wait until the second round of the playoffs.” Slays them every time!
Did game 4 in Ottawa last year....somewhat similar scenario. Sens fans are an especially delicate bunch though...self depricating almost. I think they were just happy to be there lol....I would estimate the crowd had minimum 20% Black and Gold in it as well...have fun tomorrow in the box seats. I am missing this one as we're going to a concert around the corner from home. At least I'll be fairly hammered I suppose...

Reactions: DocEER and COOL MAN
Did game 4 in Ottawa last year....somewhat similar scenario. Sens fans are an especially delicate bunch though...self depricating almost. I think they were just happy to be there lol....I would estimate the crowd had minimum 20% Black and Gold in it as well...have fun tomorrow in the box seats. I am missing this one as we're going to a concert around the corner from home. At least I'll be fairly hammered I suppose...
Game 7 against Ottawa was the greatest sporting event I’ve attended. The Ottawa fans were scarce. The ones I encountered were cool, very reserved. One set of knuckleheads tried to drape a banner over the upper deck but that didn’t last long.

So Doc, we blame last night on you ??? :grimace:

Not a pretty performance at all; I admit I didn't watch every second, but I myself never felt they EVER matched the Craps effort. In fact, I don't feel like it was notably better.....aside GA......than the Chicago, Tampa, and Winnipeg abortions. Add that to the collapse in Germany, and last night was a pretty awful night.

Meanwhile, looking for thoughts on 87.....has he hit the physical wall ?? I mean, to my eyes, he really hasn't done much more in the last 3 weeks than the Nothing Man, Riley Sheahan.

Got to say that I was finally happy with the work ethic against the Preds. Still extremely unhappy with Tanger and Sid. 58s undisciplined play led to huge PPGs against in both games. He was much better overall against the Preds than he has been all year maybe. Until last night, Sid has been in a self-induced coma for weeks. I honestly find crosby to be completely useless when he doesn't want to participate. I would love to understand the reason for him hanging out behind the net on the PP. His hands and skill are too great for him to be back there.

4th GA at 19:53.....wonder if anyone in organized hockey in any league in the universe has given up more goals in the last 10 seconds of a period than the Pens this season :flush:

And I imagine the Sabres are gonna wantbto pick it up for Lehner after that stellar save....can't believe he's still in. That woulda busted 99% of most groins...

Pens are fun to watch when they try...... Finally Sid parks at the side of the net and pots one. He should have had two but I'll take the fact that he moved to the front of the net finally on PP. Great pass to Sheary on the golden goal too..

Can’t wait to get this Ottawa game done. Need to get into that nice home stretch.
Over!....and speaking of which...seems my WVU /Texas plans may be up in smoke! My buddy whom I was taking to his first WV experience kid is sick and backed out 2 hours ago. He was the driver and my car is now in the shop for brakes!......Cabin rented, non refundable, (he's paying his half), Stub hub is at a pennance for this game last minute should I have to resell my tix, dogs sitter cancellation fee...F SAKES!!!! .....might rent a car say screw it and go with just the wife, and head to the Pens game Sat night as well...life gives lemons....kick some ass and take it back I say lol....will depend on if I can get the car back by 1-2 pm (7 hour drive) or find a decent rental cheap....
Nonetheless...I needed this W!

Reactions: DocEER
Or......I may skip it and do the Bowl game wherever it lands...more value for the dollar? Since I'm losing the cabin $300 anyway, my season tix are roughly 85 bones each by the time I include MAC fee, car rental 100 bones (or wait till 11th hour when mine fixed), save the hotel points in Burgh for elsewhere, fuel, go to work tomorrow and make $, Pens tix lowers 110 bones each....hmmm....I'm dedicated but the bowl may be the better option.....arrrrggghhh! I NEED ONE MORE GAME!!!

How can this team win games when the top center truly doesn't give a rat's ass? How can this team win with 58 taking three penalties? Sid has 2 even strength goals in 22 games. 9 even strength points. Oh and he is minus 12. Letang also minus 12 with no even strength goals and 6 even strength points. Carl Hagelin has had 2 good games in a year..games 5 and 6 of the finals against the Preds. He sucks. Honest to God he is stealing money. Sure tonight's game was 2-1 but Murray was awesome. There had to be 5-6-7 odd man rushes at least by the Hawks. I am truly struggling to watch this team right now.

Malkin reportedly out tomorrow night with a UBI.......he played almost 2 full months before "suffering" his first games-lost injury of the season. Given his personal history, I assume we'll be fortunate to see him again before mid-December.

And I am officially shutting this $hit off...they could care less if the Canucks win after a few days off...so could I at this point. Pathetic effort...sometimes it's the little things. 90% of em are downright lazy of late.

Reactions: COOL MAN
And I am officially shutting this $hit off...they could care less if the Canucks win after a few days off...so could I at this point. Pathetic effort...sometimes it's the little things. 90% of em are downright lazy of late.

It isn't only Crosby that doesn't give a rats ass right now but damn he is the captain......he honestly sucks. His last even strength goal was October 17. He has one goal since,on the PP. Think about that for a minute.....all the number one centers in the league and I would guess there isn't another that hasn't scored an even strength goal in 5 weeks. He is now a minus 13 for the year. When does Sully sit his ass and make an example of him? He won't because Crosby got Therrien fired, Bylsma fired, Johnston fired, and maybe Sullivan if he continues to figure skate.

Yeah I know he did this same crap last year and turned it on to win another cup. Maybe in 2018 he wil be great again. And then maybe he won't.

Sully blaming last night on "bad puck luck", which is probably true to some extent...... at least when you consider how the great Derrick Pouliot scored perhaps his last ever goal as an NHL player. But, when a generally straight-talker like MS starts sounding like a fan, that tells you to what extent this team has HIM flummoxed.

I admit I'm starting to wonder if THIS team might be in legitimate danger of missing the playoffs. Just not much to point at these days to be enthusiastic.

Massively outskated by the Bruins coming out of the gate......turnover deep in their own zone......0-1.

In other words, pretty typical 2017/18 start......

0-2.....at least Pierre is out there making excuses for them (even though he claimed not to be trying to do so).

Guentzel off the hook for his miserable TO leading the B's first goal.......now 1-2.

But can they finally start playing some 5 on 5 time in the B's zone.......something totally missing in the 1st.

Guentzel off the hook for his miserable TO leading the B's first goal.......now 1-2.

But can they finally start playing some 5 on 5 time in the B's zone.......something totally missing in the 1st.
The alert came up on my phone for the 1pm start, I was like damn...maybe it's better I not watch regardless...meanwhile you lucky sob's down there get the day off! And I'm still at work lol...hopefully they can finally steal one today...not holding my breath though.

For the time in possibly the entire season thus far, I kinda' felt bad they couldn't salvage a point. Once I left the computer they played a MUCH better brand of hockey after that miserable 1st period, before getting victimized by the Pasternak breakaway (which admittedly was a seriously good play with Letang trying to can-opener him from behind).

Meanwhile, nobody but Tampa could be coming up on the schedule today in the second half of the latest back-to-back. But at least they're not coming in fully rested; and they're also coming off a loss. The only remaining questions now are whether HCMS goes with Jarry.....since Murray (thus far) is essentially NEVER asked to play consecutive nights......and if Cole gets out of his dog house tonight.

The alert came up on my phone for the 1pm start, I was like damn...maybe it's better I not watch regardless...meanwhile you lucky sob's down there get the day off! And I'm still at work lol...hopefully they can finally steal one today...not holding my breath though.

I was actually thinking about you, t.......figuring you had your head in panels yesterday while I was in the office doing some overdue work myself (and watching the game). That 1st period was as ugly as any this season, even including the 3 blowout games. Was a shame they couldn't get a little more rubber on Khudobin, who has been playing well but was (IMO) ripe to be beaten on home ice.

If you haven't already done so, check out a replay on the Kessel goal......a prototypical PK laser that I thought actually had Khudobin saying "oh shit" to himself as he dug it out of the goal.

Beauty shorty Rusty! ....interesting tonight with 2 of the supposed best in the league BOTH playing backups? ....that should be 4 on that high stick on Sid....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT