ADVERTISEMENT

Pens December

Wife and I were out last night, and I didn't join in the game until it was 4-1......obviously, just in time to goose the Dead Wings comeback. Regardless, glad the Guins fought them off and continued their currently winning ways.

Reactions: torontoeers
With the Yuk trade rumors apparently now in full gear, I wonder who'd be interested......I know Buffalo has already been rumored, but (as we know) media rumors are often based in little more than the feelings of a scribe trying to add 2+2 and assuming it equals 4.

Obviously, anyone with interest would have to figure they can do something with him the Penguins haven't done (or refuse to do). But we all know his production thus far, at its absolute best, has been bottom of the bottom 6-quality......meaning he won't attract any kind of useful return.

Presumably, GMJR will be selling behind the scenes that......a la Brassard.......the fit simply has been bad; but as THE hardest worker on the team, Yuk can still contribute under the right circumstances. But even if somebody actually BUYS that bullshit argument, what's it worth in a trade ??

Lemme know, because I sure don't.....ironically, probably his greatest attribute as trade bait IS that he's an upcoming UFA; meaning his acquisition (as was the case in Pittsburgh) carries limited risk. FWIW, I myself find it hard to believe he's worth much more than maybe a #4 or #5 draft choice today.

Was looking at this morning's League standings, and the Metro currently owns 5 of the top 6 spots in the East:
  • Craps -- 49 points in 31 games
  • Broons -- 46 points in 30 games
  • Isles -- 40 points in 28 games
  • Cryers -- 39 points in 30 games
  • Guins -- 38 points in 30 games
  • Canes -- 37 points in 30 games
Leaguewide, Craps are 1st......Isles tied for 4th with Colorado......Cryers tied for 6th with Edmonton......Guins tied for 8th with Arizona......and Canes tied for 10th with Dallas.

Guins are tied with Vancouver for 4th in GF, and 7th in GA.

With the Yuk trade rumors apparently now in full gear, I wonder who'd be interested......I know Buffalo has already been rumored, but (as we know) media rumors are often based in little more than the feelings of a scribe trying to add 2+2 and assuming it equals 4.

Obviously, anyone with interest would have to figure they can do something with him the Penguins haven't done (or refuse to do). But we all know his production thus far, at its absolute best, has been bottom of the bottom 6-quality......meaning he won't attract any kind of useful return.

Presumably, GMJR will be selling behind the scenes that......a la Brassard.......the fit simply has been bad; but as THE hardest worker on the team, Yuk can still contribute under the right circumstances. But even if somebody actually BUYS that bullshit argument, what's it worth in a trade ??

Lemme know, because I sure don't.....ironically, probably his greatest attribute as trade bait IS that he's an upcoming UFA; meaning his acquisition (as was the case in Pittsburgh) carries limited risk. FWIW, I myself find it hard to believe he's worth much more than maybe a #4 or #5 draft choice today.
I'd say you're about on target with a 4th or 5th AND a bit of salary retention by the Pens... if all it does is create a bit more room for one of the WB/S lads then I'm all for it... I'd also bet they are trying to peddle Jimmy another 'project' in return, no thanks to that imo.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Was looking at this morning's League standings, and the Metro currently owns 5 of the top 6 spots in the East:
  • Craps -- 49 points in 31 games
  • Broons -- 46 points in 30 games
  • Isles -- 40 points in 28 games
  • Cryers -- 39 points in 30 games
  • Guins -- 38 points in 30 games
  • Canes -- 37 points in 30 games
Leaguewide, Craps are 1st......Isles tied for 4th with Colorado......Cryers tied for 6th with Edmonton......Guins tied for 8th with Arizona......and Canes tied for 10th with Dallas.

Guins are tied with Vancouver for 4th in GF, and 7th in GA.
Tough sledding this year in the Metro. EVERY point counts no matter how it's acquired. The one that kinda floors me a bit is The Cryers... strong D presence and pretty good goaltending???... even Elliott has managed to turn his season around.

Reactions: COOL MAN
I'd say you're about on target with a 4th or 5th AND a bit of salary retention by the Pens... if all it does is create a bit more room for one of the WB/S lads then I'm all for it... I'd also bet they are trying to peddle Jimmy another 'project' in return, no thanks to that imo.

I wouldn't care if the Pens had to take back a minor leaguer for Yuk.....even a career-type, with no real promise.......IF it helped them forego any salary retention (though that wouldn't exactly excite me). Perhaps they'd have to throw in a fringe guy like Blandisi......I'd rather they NOT tee up anyone like Noesen or (especially) Lafferty......to sweeten a proposed Yuk deal just a bit.

Or, how about Yuk and a #5 in return for a #4 ??

Back to back shutouts (aganst top teams) wasn't enough to earn Jarry the League's #1 star last week (he got #2)......that was given to John Carlson, who was 3-3-6 with two game winners. I truthfully like Carlson better than most everyone else on that team, but f***him.

If you weren't aware of this week's schedule (and I was not)......
  • TUE -- Montreal
  • THU -- Columbus
  • SAT -- Los Angeles
Even with the injuries, you'd have to think they're looking for 5-6 points against that schedule.......and like everyone else, I'll be curious to see if their current plan is to play Jarry all three games. Meanwhile, next week is their Western Canada swing (at CGY on 12/17, at EDM on 12/20, and at VAN on 12/21).

Immediately in advance of the Christmas week break would seem to be a good time for that trip.....after which they have three games in 4 nights (away/home back to back vs NSH on 12/27-28, then OTT on 12/30)

If you weren't aware of this week's schedule (and I was not)......
  • TUE -- Montreal
  • THU -- Columbus
  • SAT -- Los Angeles
Even with the injuries, you'd have to think they're looking for 5-6 points against that schedule.......and like everyone else, I'll be curious to see if their current plan is to play Jarry all three games. Meanwhile, next week is their Western Canada swing (at CGY on 12/17, at EDM on 12/20, and at VAN on 12/21).

Immediately in advance of the Christmas week break would seem to be a good time for that trip.....after which they have three games in 4 nights (away/home back to back vs NSH on 12/27-28, then OTT on 12/30)
I'd bet it's at least 2 of the 3, and If I had to wager it'd be Tues and Thurs, unless he has a bad outing, which then it's anyone's guess....maybe it is regardless...

Came across this... you guys likely know more of her than I???... she makes some good points, BUT I haven't really read anything else she has scribed so maybe it's junk science I dunno...
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/1...rsy-with-the-pittsburgh-penguins-goaltending/

Q0R8bao.jpg

I do not fault him on the first 2, the last one yes I do...he needs to transition quicker there.
It was a heckuva streak regardless...

how can you not put it on him for the second one? if it was murray in net you'd be blaming his glove hand tho. :wink:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT