ADVERTISEMENT

Pens December

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
Well may as well fire it off with some rumors...I kinda scoffed at this last night when a few buddies suggested it, however in thinking there is an awful lot of $ potentially coming off the books next year.
I see Galchenyuk mentioned an awful lot in a few of the articles surrounding this, but its gonna take a helluva lot more than that particular stiff...I imagine at least one or two solid prospects. But the money out is close on an expiring contract.

An incredibly talented LW in his prime, with a decent defensive ability with Sid or Geno? Gsus that makes me salivate considerably....we instantly become the most formidable O team in the league imo.
https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ryan-Wilson/Penguins-and-Taylor-Hall/177/102937

There was another Sportsnet one I tried to link but evidently Rivals is not co-operating with me/them of late ...

Last edited:
I doubt they can make a good enough offer to land Hall during this season in a trade, but they clearly CAN (with the upcoming departures) cob together a FA deal competitive enough to at least be considered by the Hall camp. It helps that he's doing himself no favors this far this season.

I don't think anyone knows where Hall wants to play, though i still don't think it's in Jersey. And I remain on record as believing his BEST offer will come from Columbus.

Reactions: torontoeers
I doubt they can make a good enough offer to land Hall during this season in a trade, but they clearly CAN (with the upcoming departures) cob together a FA deal competitive enough to at least be considered by the Hall camp. It helps that he's doing himself no favors this far this season.

I don't think anyone knows where Hall wants to play, though i still don't think it's in Jersey. And I remain on record as believing his BEST offer will come from Columbus.
Habs? After the Aho soap opera and the way his team is performing, Bergevin is on the hot seat. Does Jersey wait till deadline to deal as well or feel they get a better deal now? I know one thing, there's no way Bergevin can wait 6 weeks to do something or he's doomed, not that he isn't already....

FWIW...The names Jarry and DeSmith are all over both TSN and SN radio here this AM... I'd love to see a deal if only for the reason that I warned all my lughead buddies they were in deep $hit with their backups a month ago and they collectively scoffed at the idea of either. I think GMJR should be able to get solid value back should it happen...likely more from Jarry?

This was coming up on my own Twitter feed the entire Holiday weekend......
Fyi. WJHC camp roster is out up here...
Addison has a good shot imo, as does Petes Hunter Jones in the cage...
Also Port Perry's own Dellandrea should be a lock imo. I imagine he's spent a few days at one time or another skating on Lake SCUGOG ! :wink:

One thing that has caught my eye is no Poulin? Not sure why, he seems to be clipping along at a good pace in the Q and is imo a solid power forward...
https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/12/team-canada-announces-2020-world-junior-camp-roster.html

Last edited:
Habs? After the Aho soap opera and the way his team is performing, Bergevin is on the hot seat. Does Jersey wait till deadline to deal as well or feel they get a better deal now? I know one thing, there's no way Bergevin can wait 6 weeks to do something or he's doomed, not that he isn't already....

Not sure I can remember a GM who's ridden the roller coaster quite as much as Bergevin has over the past 18 months.

He was under siege at the end of 2017/18......was viewed as a miracle worker last season......and is running a team today (in the wrong town) which might be in the middle of the worst losing streak in team history. Lots of the talk seems to revolve around the notion his team is pretty much all-speed and nothing else.

I haven't been watching them this season, but I see Price is an unbelievable 43rd (of 49) in GAA and T38 in Save % (FWIW, Murray is currently 26th/41st in those two catagories). But as much as Bergevin, I'm wondering how long Julien's rope is these days.

FWIW...The names Jarry and DeSmith are all over both TSN and SN radio here this AM... I'd love to see a deal if only for the reason that I warned all my lughead buddies they were in deep $hit with their backups a month ago and they collectively scoffed at the idea of either. I think GMJR should be able to get solid value back should it happen...likely more from Jarry?

This is one of those cases where I honestly wish I knew what represented "solid value", because the only thing I know for a fact in situations like this is that fans always overrate their own team's players.

Hard for me to imagine TJ or CDS would draw a Top 6/9 forward, or else a defenseman good enough to start in the Top 6. And if it's a Draft choice coming back, I seriously doubt either would draw much better than a #3.......and I sure wish I was wrong about all of that.

Fyi. WJHC camp roster is out up here...
Addison has a good shot imo, as does Petes Hunter Jones in the cage...
Also Port Perry's own Dellandrea should be a lock imo. I imagine he's spent a few days at one time or another skating on Lake SCUGOG ! :wink:

One thing that has caught my eye is no Poulin? Not sure why, he seems to be clipping along at a good pace in the Q and is imo a solid power forward...
https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/12/team-canada-announces-2020-world-junior-camp-roster.html

I get the impression Addison is considered a favorite to make the team, as he barely missed last season (and is already 19yo).

As for Poulin, DK says he's currently dealing with a UBI, but has been having a good enough season that his coach thought he'd get invited to camp (and was 50/50 to make the team). Reading between the lines, I get the impression Canada is thought to be deep enough in forwards that they don't need to take a flyer on a sort-of fringe 18yo like Poulin (who might be closer to a lock to make the team next year).

Regarding Dellandrea, what's going on with him ?? I know he was a high pick by Dallas, and Wikipedia says he's currently playing for the Texas Stars in the AHL......but in checking their roster, he isn't even listed.

Not sure I can remember a GM who's ridden the roller coaster quite as much as Bergevin has over the past 18 months.

He was under siege at the end of 2017/18......was viewed as a miracle worker last season......and is running a team today (in the wrong town) which might be in the middle of the worst losing streak in team history. Lots of the talk seems to revolve around the notion his team is pretty much all-speed and nothing else.

I haven't been watching them this season, but I see Price is an unbelievable 43rd (of 49) in GAA and T38 in Save % (FWIW, Murray is currently 26th/41st in those two catagories). But as much as Bergevin, I'm wondering how long Julien's rope is these days.

This is one of those cases where I honestly wish I knew what represented "solid value", because the only thing I know for a fact in situations like this is that fans overrate their own team's players.

Hard for me to imagine TJ or CDS would draw a Top 6/9 forward, or else a defenseman good enough to start in the Top 6. And if it's a Draft choice coming back, I seriously doubt either would draw much better than a #3.......and I sure wish I was wrong about all of that.

I get the impression Addison is considered a favorite to make the team, as he barely missed last season (and is already 19yo).

As for Poulin, DK says he's currently dealing with a UBI, but has been having a good enough season that his coach thought he'd get invited to camp (and was 50/50 to make the team). Reading between the lines, I get the impression Canada is thought to be deep enough in forwards that they don't need to take a flyer on a sort-of fringe 18yo like Poulin (who'll might be closer to a lock to make the team next year).

Regarding Dellandrea, what's going on with him ?? I know he was a high pick by Dallas, and Wikipedia says he's currently playing for the Texas Stars in the AHL......but in checking their roster, he isn't even listed.
Dellandrea is ripping it up as #1 C , along with another Port Perry boy on his wing Jake Durham, in Flint and those suddenly resurgent Firebirds!

Dellandrea is ripping it up as #1 C , along with another Port Perry boy on his wing Jake Durham, in Flint and those suddenly resurgent Firebirds!

No doubt.....I see he's 11-15-26 in 24 games. Knowing little about how the Juniors work for kids who've been drafted; would it have been his choice to remain in the OHL this year (rather than turn pro), or is that a decision the Stars would have made for him ?? As for Durham, can't have stats much closer to Dellandrea's (12-14-26 in 26 games)

Ya know that was hard for Shero... what has he fired in his career? One guy lol ? He sure as heck wouldn't fire Bylsma... rode that horse far too long...

It's clear Shero's hand was finally forced. But Hines was in his 5th season as HC....which I think is a fairly decent run given his relative lack of success......and had evidently signed a "multi-year" extension back in January.

Reading some of the back story, it appears Devils fans weren't that excited at the time about the referenced extension given their fairly large step backward last season (and the fact Joel Quenneville was available at the time of the extension).

No doubt.....I see he's 11-15-26 in 24 games. Knowing little about how the Juniors work for kids who've been drafted; would it have been his choice to remain in the OHL this year (rather than turn pro), or is that a decision the Stars would have made for him ?? As for Durham, can't have stats much closer to Dellandrea's (12-14-26 in 26 games)

It's clear Shero's hand was finally forced. But Hines was in his 5th season as HC....which I think is a fairly decent run given his relative lack of success......and had evidently signed a "multi-year" extension back in January.

Reading some of the back story, it appears Devils fans weren't that excited at the time about the referenced extension given their fairly large step backward last season (and the fact Joel Quenneville was available at the time of the extension).
Made by NHL club in consultation with the player and Junior team...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Not surprisingly, Blandisi cleared waivers yesterday, but he was not assigned to WB/S; it appears highly likely he'll dress tonight along with Noesen. Evidently, Mark Recchi has been skating in practice with the 4th line because of available numbers.

Hope he doesn't have to be activated tonight......he's been looking just a little "round" to me to be asked to take a regular shift.

Not surprisingly, Blandisi cleared waivers yesterday, but he was not assigned to WB/S; it appears highly likely he'll dress tonight along with Noesen. Evidently, Mark Recchi has been skating in practice with the 4th line because of available numbers.

Hope he doesn't have to be activated tonight......he's been looking just a little "round" to me to be asked to take a regular shift.
8pm start? Anyone any idea as to WHY? The game is at PPG...

Truthfully I used to like the 7.30 start times. Late enough I wouldn't miss half the first and early enough I wouldn't be draggin my ass the next day...

8pm start? Anyone any idea as to WHY? The game is at PPG...

Truthfully I used to like the 7.30 start times. Late enough I wouldn't miss half the first and early enough I wouldn't be draggin my ass the next day..

NBCSN Wednesday Night Rivalry game (which is a reference I don't believe the network uses any more) where puck drop is after a full hour NHL LIve telecast......I'm in suburban Detroit tonight, and am pleased my Hampton Inn has the channel :clap:

Keith Jones just made an interesting comment regarding the Pens goaltending.......talked about the problems Murray has been having, and said having Jarry playing well in backup will give Murray the chance to find his game. Not sure that's exactly the plan, but it sounded good to me.

Meanwhile, he also said how difficult it is for the #1 guy to be sitting for a game like this one against the champs......which seemed like a reasonable assessment.

Keith Jones just made an interesting comment regarding the Pens goaltending.......talked about the problems Murray has been having, and said having Jarry playing well in backup will give Murray the chance to find his game. Not sure that's exactly the plan, but it sounded good to me.

Meanwhile, he also said how difficult it is for the #1 guy to be sitting for a game like this one against the champs......which seemed like a reasonable assessment.
The problem I have with his assessment is over the last 2 he's appeared one in relief and one starting he hasn't looked much better, to my eyes anyway. They have both been less than stellar. If he can put in a lights out performance tonight then fantastic, start him on Friday too. The more pressure on Murray the better...however as I say imo that hasn't been happening. Also I cant remember which game it was last week maybe the Vcr one but I was a bit shocked Sully started Murray....we saw the result regardless which one it was...

The problem I have with his assessment is over the last 2 he's appeared one in relief and one starting he hasn't looked much better, to my eyes anyway. They have both been less than stellar. If he can put in a lights out performance tonight then fantastic, start him on Friday too. The more pressure on Murray the better...however as I say imo that hasn't been happening. Also I cant remember which game it was last week maybe the Vcr one but I was a bit shocked Sully started Murray....we saw the result regardless which one it was...

Oh, I totally agree...... but it seems obvious to me that Jones is making his comments based purely on Jarry's numbers, which are still pretty good while hiding the last two games to some extent.

Oh, I totally agree...... but it seems obvious to me that Jones is making his comments based purely on Jarry's numbers, which are still pretty good while hiding the last two games to some extent.
Do you get the idea like I do that they are trying to showcase Jarry vs the Cup Champs to the Leaves? Cause I do....they started Andersen back to back (rare especially after a 6-1 beatdown at hands of Cryers last night), and they are down 1-zip vs the Av's :smiley:....so far so good if so and for us regardless if not...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Have I mentioned to you guys how much better these Wed night broadcasts are without this bloviating asshat out of the equation? I likely have lol...
mcguireweb.jpg

Have I mentioned to you guys how much better these Wed night broadcasts are without this bloviating asshat out of the equation? I likely have lol...
mcguireweb.jpg

I'm admit I'm becoming indifferent about Boucher's work between the benches.......just a little too dry for me......but I definitely don't miss Pierre.

No secret Yuk's PT is way down, but it's getting to the point where he's becoming a major liability

Tanev is EVERYWHERE....love this guy...

While I do thnk his play has leveled out the past couple weeks, I think he easily remains one of the best players on the roster......perhaps in their Top 3 (after Geno/Jake or Jake/Geno).

Meanwhile, exactly when in the hell is Simon actually going to cash in one of the outrageous scoring chances he's been creating ??

While I do thnk his play has leveled out the past couple weeks, I think he easily remains one of the best players on the roster......perhaps in their Top 3 (after Geno/Jake or Jake/Geno).

Meanwhile, exactly when in the hell is Simon actually going to cash in one of the outrageous scoring chances he's been creating ??
Its outrageous alright...

ADVERTISEMENT