ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2018

US vs Slovaks shortly...best of luck, should win easily. Can vs Denmark and everybody is jacked up around here, heading out to a party shortly where its on the bigscreen...vs Denmark? Ya we have an obvious problem up here, when you're all champing at the bit to watch a game that should have the over under at about 9 or so...silly. Oh well...lets get er goin.

Reactions: Irwineer2
the americans had a nice third period come back but they need a better effort if they have serious aspirations in this tourney..

Reactions: torontoeers
the americans had a nice third period come back but they need a better effort if they have serious aspirations in this tourney..
While yes I imagine 2-1 did not impress ya too much, even though it was 14-zip in ours, I wasn't overly impressed with the early half assed play outta the Canuck side much more...I don't care if it's Denmark, play some D and take it serious. In saying that they cranked it up O wise...

Guins back at it tonight versus the Dead Wings.......a team who I personally like to see get buried regularly as payback for all their belly aching the past decade simply because Sid didn't shake Nic Lidstrom's hand fast enough after Game 7 back in 2009.

Of course, as it turned out, the Wings pretty much handled the Pens last season; much like when the Pens play teams like the Black Hawks or Devils, the Wings match up very well with them from a pure skating standpoint. In other words, a game like this one makes me nervous; so, I'm looking less tonight for a 4-1 Pens pasting.....but rather 2 points, no matter how they're earned.

BTW, DK reporting that Murray was the first off the ice after this morning's skate; that is the typical convention for who's expected to start in goal tonight, right ??

At this point, why wouldnt you start Murray tonight.
True...he's had a number of days off and should be the guy...in saying that I could definitely see Casey getting Sat in St Lou whether MM wins or not, a road split...
And ya, I'm wary of the asshat Wings as usual. One good thing is they are fantastic at throwing games away after an early lead....

Seeing as I am chatting with myself while you all imbibe apparently over Christmas break, out and about...first time I've noticed and not that it matters, but new mask on MM sans the Dutch and Scottish flags on the backplate? I missed the goal...wanna see how and why it happened here at int....

Seeing as I am chatting with myself while you all imbibe apparently over Christmas break, out and about...first time I've noticed and not that it matters, but new mask on MM sans the Dutch and Scottish flags on the backplate? I missed the goal...wanna see how and why it happened here at int....

sorry bro, flipping back and forth with football.

And I just picked up my tablet after watching that fairly unsatisfying 1st....which regrettably is typical for the Pens versus the Dead Wings.

Flyin out there now...and did I say I like this Pettersson? Yes I think I did...guy is solid back there...Shultzie back for March or so? We have a glut of D men? Maybe!

Kessel made BOTH his scores look awfully easy; the sonovabitch spends half his friggin' life flat pissing off EVERYONE.....and then comes out on a night like tonight and looks like the NHL version of Mr. Universe.
It was the deke that really got me...he pulled that shit and suceeded in this neck of the woods for years (likely cause there was nobody else)...how often have we seen that in Black and Gold?????

Canada with a complete junk effort vs the Swiss...how many pp's does one team want with nothing to show? The refs shoulda started takin em away in the 3rd for lookin so bad...gawd awful...

Pens at St Louis tonight: if you didn't know.....and I did NOT.....the Blues are on (what I presume is) a season's best 2 game winning streak. Hopefully, this will be at least a LITTLE more satisfying/fun for us than what we watched last night.

This thing with the Stars broke yesterday; somebody's obviously pissed off in Texas.....maybe everyone.

For the record, Benn has 30 points (15 goals) and Seguin 32 points (11 goals) thus far this season, both in 38 games. Also, Benn is the highest paid player in the League this season, which I assume he's under some pressure to pick up to a level at least some distance north of a point per game. Of course, Seguin just signed a new deal for almost $10 million per, so he's feeling it himself. Stars are tied for the 8th in the West.

Meanwhile, ESPN (and presumably outlets in Canada) is reporting that Benn has gone public, saying he doesn't play for the CEO who made the comment, but rather his teammates and coaches. It sounds like Seguin is taking a more measured position, admitting both he and Benn need to do better. Evidently, neither player ever talks to this Lites guy; then again, I'm not sure a guy like Dave Morehouse ever talks to his roster, either.

But this guy is obviously drawing some kind of strange line in the sand. From my POV, Lites damned well better have some hi-res pictures of one (or both) of these guys in bed with a horse and owner Tom Gagliardi's married daughter.....because I sure can't figure out how else he can even dream of winnng a PR battle with the two faces of the franchise.

Good competitive 1st period; Blues only had 7 shots (to the Pens 12) but some really good chances (plus hit one post).....while Murray responded with as good a glove as I think most of us may have ever seen from him.

Pens PP doesn't even generate a decent opportunity (let alone a SOG) in the first 1:45 of their second man advantage......then they all of a sudden get one setup, and Riikola responds with a long ranger that beats Jake Allen for the first goal of his career.

2-0 Pens, even though the Blues have had much the better play early in the 2nd (and have evened up the SOG)

Pens PP doesn't even generate a decent opportunity (let alone a SOG) in the first 1:45 of their second man advantage......then they all of a sudden get one setup, and Riikola responds with a long ranger that beats Jake Allen for the first goal of his career.

2-0 Pens, even though the Blues have had much the better play early in the 2nd (and have evened up the SOG)

the first unit produces far too little for the talent they have far too often. sometimes its the simplicity of the 2nd unit that gets it done on the pp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT