ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2018

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Well, I haven't begun a new monthly thread for awhile, so what have we got to lose ??

Justifiably appears to be a fair amount of depression in Pens Nation coming off the turd they dropped in the punch bowl last night. It was around this time (maybe a little earlier) last season that I was starting to think this team might not have the same ability of the previous 2 seasons to turn it on when they needed to.

But even though it remains a VERY long season, I'm starting to think this team actually MAY struggle to even make the playoffs. Just too many continuing questions in goal and on the blue line, while asking Sid, Geno, and Kessel all to approach 100 points solely to offset all their other issues seems an awful lot to ask.

Presumably, we'll see good stretches (as we saw a week ago); but I'm currently not confident this team is good enough to go on one of those 8 wins in 10 games streaks it'll needf to establish itself as a given for the post season.

Reactions: torontoeers
pens trade sprong in a dumb move.

letang is the problem on d.
Incorrect...not dumb. That lazy SOB Sprong was useless defensively and not even half the guy as advertised offensively. Good riddence and don't let the door hit ya on the way out Daniel...also can you explain the big facination with this kid all over Pens land? He was widely known as being a problem child out of Junior...suddenly this org was gonna rectify it?

Last edited:
Well, I haven't begun a new monthly thread for awhile, so what have we got to lose ??

Justifiably appears to be a fair amount of depression in Pens Nation coming off the turd they dropped in the punch bowl last night. It was around this time (maybe a little earlier) last season that I was starting to think this team might not have the same ability of the previous 2 seasons to turn it on when they needed to.

But even though it remains a VERY long season, I'm starting to think this team actually MAY struggle to even make the playoffs. Just too many continuing questions in goal and on the blue line, while asking Sid, Geno, and Kessel all to approach 100 points solely to offset all their other issues seems an awful lot to ask.

Presumably, we'll see good stretches (as we saw a week ago); but I'm currently not confident this team is good enough to go on one of those 8 wins in 10 games streaks it'll needf to establish itself as a given for the post season.
They seem to like to screw around a lot this year when it actually matters...Saturday being no exception. Effort and then...a shitfest....and ya a win streak of that magnitude seems downright impossible at this stage of the game. They are losing to pretty much every Metro team out there, hell, even those in the Eastern conference. They aren't making up jack by winning out west either...too few games on that docket...

Incorrect...not dumb. That lazy SOB Sprong was useless defensively and not even half the guy as advertised offensively. Good riddence and don't let the door hit ya on the way out Daniel...

honestly he's no worse than some of the other players. i smell a naslund situation.

this isn't the kind of shake up i had in mind. but i guess we will see.

Meh...I'm just in a foul mood because my supposed world beater football team is now playing Cuse in the toilet bowl...and my hockey team is an unmitigated disaster compared to 2 years ago...I should go to bed.

Reactions: Irwineer2
Meh...I'm just in a foul mood because my supposed world beater football team is now playing Cuse in the toilet bowl...and my hockey team is an unmitigated disaster compared to 2 years ago...I should go to bed.

throw in falling asleep last night with the stillers up 23 to 7 and halftime and waking up to a loss and I'm pretty fvcking salty myself.

the end to our season has me really jagged off.

He's been a coaches headache wherever he's been...namely PEI and Pittsburgh....kid doesn't even bother to listen apparently. A project in Junior is still a project in the pro's...he doesn't get it, never will.

the kid is clearly talented...

there are other talented guys in the organization that do the exact same thing imo. only sprong never got a chance here, i guess you can't put those guys together.

the kid is clearly talented...

there are other talented guys in the organization that do the exact same thing imo. only sprong never got a chance here, i guess you can't put those guys together.
He is...it is the D...has never had an effort that way in his life. I wish the Ducks luck...they'll need it.

He is...it is the D...has never had an effort that way in his life. I wish the Ducks luck...they'll need it.

what stinks is I watch a highly paid dman (near the end of his career) make the same mistakes over and over and this guy gets made to be the bad guy and gets run out of town. his crime? being a young talented player.

this organization only wants young guys to play d. the old stars can make all the mistakes they want without repercussions. but if you are in your early 20s you don't get the same opportunity to grow as a player and make mistakes.

what stinks is I watch a highly paid dman (near the end of his career) make the same mistakes over and over and this guy gets made to be the bad guy and gets run out of town. his crime? being a young talented player.

this organization only wants young guys to play d. the old stars can make all the mistakes they want without repercussions. but if you are in your early 20s you don't get the same opportunity to grow as a player and make mistakes.
I understand the Letang issue...I trust Sully and GMJR's take on him however nevermind his Junior A detractors. Sully at least developed a few forwards down in WB/S....Lets see what our underacheivers can muster up tonight...Sid had to do it all himself last go round with these guys and still a loss...give us a Petterson goal !

I understand the Letang issue...I trust Sully and GMJR's take on him however nevermind his Junior A detractors. Sully at least developed a few forwards down in WB/S....Lets see what our underacheivers can muster up tonight...Sid had to do it all himself last go round with these guys and still a loss...

its going to be a rough night unless 58 straightens up.

also seattle was awarded an expansion franchise today to start in 21-22. also will be same expansion rules as last time. maybe then we can finally get rid of letang.

Btw...I like the way both Mearsy and Caufield say 'Toronto'...it's a damn rare thing for a Merican to drop the annunciation of that second T....carry on....

Did somebody say Shultzie was walkin around? I know they wont rush him back but, I like that...and MM on ice is good, although its now safe to assume he has lost his job as starter...at least he'd be a damn capable backup I'd hope...

Reactions: Irwineer2
Ahahahaha! How did Mom take it? I remember the trip to the barber after I pulled that routine similar age...it didn't end well lol. Dad was laughing though...

mom is still up there yelling.... she won't accept that its her fault either. fvcking women.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT