ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2018

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/939207

Wed., Dec. 26Slovakia Save On Memorial Centre3:30 p.m.6:30 p.m.
Fri., Dec. 28Kazakhstan Save On Memorial Centre7:30 p.m.10:30 p.m.
Sat. Dec. 29Sweden Save On Memorial Centre7:30 p.m.10:30 p.m.
Mon., Dec. 31FinlandSave On Memorial Centre7:30 p.m.10:30 p.m.
Wed., Jan. 2QuarterfinalsTBDTBDTBDFri.,
Jan. 4SemifinalsRogers ArenaTBDTBDSat.,
Jan. 5Bronze Medal GameRogers Arena1:00 p.m.4:00 p.m.Gold-Medal GameRogers Arena5:00 p.m.8:00 p.m.

Reactions: torontoeers
In all seriousness this tourney really seems to be making waves in the US over the last few years. Some of the best hockey out there. Time basically stands still here for it, millions tuned in. Which always gets me thinkin...us Canucks watch the WJ's religiously but then not even half of that can bother to go out and support these kids/local franchises in the OHL. Toronto is the biggest issue to this...they could give two $hits about exciting Junior hockey, Leaves, National team or NOTHING. Screw them...the smaller cities do support however which is good.

Being in Vcr and Victoria, fairly close to hockey fans in Washington should help get some sizeable US presence in the stands...fingers crossed.

Murray looking VERY strong tonight.....Malkin may set an all time record tonight for fumbling pucks.....and after coming up empty on that early breakaway, looks like Kessel has left the team yet again.

You guys have the local AT&T crew? I envy you if so...these Fox Canes guys on the pregame are a couple of wet noodles...awful!

If you're taking about that fat ass in the grey suit (Mike Maniscalco) I've disliked him since his days on sports talk in Richmond. But I myself still think Canes P-b-P guy John Forsland remains among THE best in the business.

If you're taking about that fat ass in the grey suit (Mike Maniscalco) I've disliked him since his days on sports talk in Richmond. But I myself still think Canes P-b-P guy John Forsland remains among THE best in the business.
Yes...thats the stiff...what does he offer? Nothing but nonsense!?!

Speaking of Canes P-b-P, their new owner canned long time (since Hartford) radio P-b-P guy, Chuck Kaiton, last summer......and Forsland is doing radio/TV simulcast.

Just looked him up...former Harvard goalie drafted by the Cryers in 93 , never played an NHL game...bumped around in the ECHL/AHL for a few years...wow.

I did that same Google (I assume) search as you and came up with the same information. I followed up with a little more research on the guy.....you may well ask why is this so important to me......and learned he's been doing Canes TV color (with Forsland) since 1998.

I also learned his last 2 years in professional hockey (prior to joining Forsland in the booth) were with Richmond, Springfield, and New Haven\ in the Canes organization.

Merry Christmas in advance to ALL you inglorious bastards that infect this thread on a month to month basis....we can all wonder now as we typically do mid season, on the team...over turkey, a drink (or six in my case some nights lol), and family. Wishing you all good health and a great time with family / friends...LGP /LGM!!!! Take care all...

Reactions: COOL MAN
happy holidays boys.

great to see mm back to form. great numbers in his last 3 starts. hopefully he can be more consistent going forward.

MC from my family to all yours as well.....I'm sure I'll be banging around the board tomorrow during the day (as we're staying home, and have no plans to leave with both our kids spending the week).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT