ADVERTISEMENT

Pens April...3 games till postseason!

I watch C-Bus games and can't understand how the hawks let Panarin leave. I know the hawks have cap issues but lordy the dude is a force. I love his motor

It's no secret Toews was never happy the Hawks traded Saad to begin with.....and by most any standard, Saad was (and is) a legitimate player that the Hawks in general never wanted give up to begin with (and especially for cap management reasons).

Meanwhile, I'm 100% convince Torts never warmed to Saad in that year he played in Columbus, and was probably prepared to trade him for most any kind of decent return. Little did anyone realize that could have been somebody like Panarin, who showed every indication of being a Tarasenko-level sniper in his first 2 years in the League (and who I realize many thought was as much a product of playing with Kane as anything else).

Even though Saad remains a darned good player, I seriously doubt this is a trade the Hawks would make again, no matter how Toews and Kane feel/felt. Since the deal, I always wondered if Panarin might have quietly had some troubles in the room with Toews and/or Kane.

Well he wants that squeaker back...damn and he had a good save right before...Jenner up to his antics with Geno and succeeding. Pot one soon and quit this crowd

Kessel makes up for that skate he took "playing defense" on the Columbus goal; oh, and......,

THANKS BOB !!!
Picking up where he left off the last time the two teams played.....

Reactions: torontoeers
Maatta making Matt Calvert look like Patrick Kane.....WTF ???

WTF is it with all these fanned passes by the Pens ??

Sid makes one and it leads to the Calvert goal......then another a moment ago.

WTF is it with all these fanned passes by the Pens ??

Sid makes one and it leads to the Calvert goal......then another a moment ago.
Was thinkin same. Puck also seems to be bouncing about quite a bit...no idea on how ice quality is at Nationwide but maybe something to do with? Who knows. Needs fixed regardless. Here's one for you CM, you noticing 2 and at times 3 Pens following Panarin around? That can't continue...no way.

Why is it that Blojax fans remind me so much of less educated Cryers fans? As if that were even possible but whatever...there's always a jackass up bangin on the glass every play? Seriously...these idiots paying hundreds for a seat and bangin like a gorilla at the zoo? Wtf do they do for a living? Sitting in Daddy's seats or what?

Last edited:
Reactions: COOL MAN and DocEER
Shelly made a good point about the Blojax sending everyone out of their zone......obviously Torts recognizes the lack of confidence of the Pens defense in their own end and wants to pressure them. But if they can find a way to hold up, you;'d think there would be opportunities for stretch passes/odd man rushes on Bob. And if I'm rooting for the Blojax, the last thing I want to see are odd man rushes on Bob.

Meanwhile, how does everyone think MM played ??

This has to be the best year of Hornis career. Dude has been fantastic.

You realize he scored his 28th in that period.....I think he's scored something like 10 goals since signing his new contract. At one point, a week or so back, he'd scored (I think) 6 of their last 10 PP goals.

No doubt, he's in one serious groove.....scoring and generally pissing everyone in the other uniform off in every single game (and seemingly, on virtually every shift).

You realize he scored his 28th in that period.....I think he's scored something like 10 goals since signing his new contract. At one point, a week or so back, he'd scored (I think) 6 of their last 10 PP goals.

No doubt, he's in one serious groove.....scoring and generally pissing everyone in the other uniform off in every single game (and seemingly, on virtually every shift).
He is the ultimate pain in the ass this year for opposition. And I LOVE it.

Reactions: DocEER
Shelly made a good point about the Blojax sending everyone out of their zone......obviously Torts recognizes the lack of confidence of the Pens defense in their own end and wants to pressure them. But if they can find a way to hold up, you;'d think there would be opportunities for stretch passes/odd man rushes on Bob. And if I'm rooting for the Blojax, the last thing I want to see are odd man rushes on Bob.

Meanwhile, how does everyone think MM played ??
I thought as expected? One weak one and one I cant fault him for...a few real solid saves early. Hang in there 30...HANG IN!

You want a nice stat ?? Geno was 0-8 on faceoffs that period......guess the Blojax have effectively taken him totally out of the game. He's back using his stick and skating around being pissed off. Will probably end up with at least 2 slashing penalties tonight (and maybe a hooking).

Meanwhile, Dubinsky only played 3:56......guess Torts figures he can't keep up.

And I get the Pens angle but...WHY the hell are Rimer and Shelly talking about and focusing in on Cole like he's Bobby Orr? Have I/we been sleeping the last few years or something? He was a decent defender but cmon man...

You want a nice stat ?? Geno was 0-8 on faceoffs that period......guess the Blojax have effectively taken him totally out of the game. He's back using his stick and skating around being pissed off. Will probably end up with at least 2 slashing penalties tonight (and maybe a hooking).

Meanwhile, Dubinsky only played 3:56......guess Torts figures he can't keep up.
Oh geez...I knew he was out of it but WOW.

I'll tell you who's going to be tired tonight.....Oleksiak. He's the only player on the team who can stand up to all the Blojax' pounding.....and there's another of Geno's half-assed efforts leading to a penalty.

Reactions: torontoeers
Did Geno poke check Calvert on the wide open net ??? YEP......

Pens defense keeps giving up wide open looks to the Blojax in the slot......what in the hell is their problem ??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT