ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: December 2017

Game. 2 points!
So Doc....is Tanger gone? And @COOL MAN what you think too based on what I heard from ya on the mega deal? .......IMO I'll give ya both and @Irwineer2 my 2 cents...GMGR is not anxious but at the ready to pull it. We all KNOW this team as constituted will make the playoff do we not? In what sort of concoction will it be? I'm willing to admit if Tanger can garner something wirh various parts and picks involved(namely a #3 C), I would take it at this point. Although I leave this post with caveat that 58 has NEVER EVER been a puss. I've had my brains beat in over the years on ice and not nearly to the level that he has, not even close. He IMO deserves the respect of all Pens fans over the years....fire away!

Newly revised thoughts on possible pieces of a Pens/Canadiens deal; Letang and Hagelin to Montreal ($11.25 million combined cap) and Shea Weber to Pittsburgh ($12 million cap). No clue what other pieces would be included.

Meanwhile, there's absolutely no question that Tortorella is not just the biggest ****-stick in the NHL.....but the ENTIRE hockey universe.

Reactions: torontoeers
Newly revised thoughts on possible pieces of a Pens/Canadiens deal; Letang and Hagelin to Montreal ($11.25 million combined cap) and Shea Weber to Pittsburgh ($12 million cap). No clue what other pieces would be included.

Meanwhile, there's absolutely no question that Tortorella is not just the biggest ****-stick in the NHL.....but the ENTIRE hockey universe.

NO.

maybe there's a 3 way deal to be made here.

• Rust reportedly out on long term IR
  • Ruhwedel also said to be on IR, and is week-to-week
  • Letang and Murray are both day-to-day, and out versus Carolina (and probably Detroit)
The Pens have brought up several, including Casey DeSmith, Andrey Pedan (who they got for Pouliot), and Garrett Wilson.

No to what lol? No to Torts being the worlds biggest jackoff? Surely not...no to Weber? Surely not as well...Bergeron is just so much an idiot as to make that deal...

I kinda like torts. I'm also not sure if weber can play with the pens, especially at that price.

I kinda like torts. I'm also not sure if weber can play with the pens, especially at that price.
Ok...keep in mind I'm really trying not to argue here and really just debate BUT...The Pens are trading away, gbye gonzo your whipping boy who all would admit at this point is on the decline, along with a guy who is legit quick but hands of the hardest concrete known to humanity for a guy who is still legit on the top pair of Team Canada...at minimum second pair, still with a shot like a rocket and fairly strong on the D end. He can't play with our guys??? Who cares the price? It is a no f'n brainer! ....Torts? He is a has been of the first order....and a great comic book. Please explain further...:popcorn:

Ok...keep in mind I'm really trying not to argue here and really just debate BUT...The Pens are trading away, gbye gonzo your whipping boy who all would admit at this point is on the decline, along with a guy who is legit quick but hands of the hardest concrete known to humanity for a guy who is still legit on the top pair of Team Canada...at minimum second pair, still with a shot like a rocket and fairly strong on the D end. He can't play with our guys??? Who cares the price? It is a no f'n brainer! ....Torts? He is a has been of the first order....and a great comic book. Please explain further...:popcorn:

I don't think he fits the pens style nor can/could he skate with them.

as for torts, I like assholes.

He is an above average skater always has been? You thinkin Cole, Shultzie and Maatta are fleet o foot in comparison? We are talkin bout a D man here right?

pens don't need another star on the payroll back there. last spring proved that. just guys who can make the first pass and play responsibly. nothing more, nothing less.

now if you want to talk about pacioretty, I'm all ears.

pens don't need another star on the payroll back there. last spring proved that. just guys who can make the first pass and play responsibly. nothing more, nothing less.

now if you want to talk about pacioretty, I'm all ears.
And....bravo...you lost me right there at Pac....good grief....you already have him...only better!!! What are you drinkin tonight??? I am on a helluva good Shiraz for the record...

And....bravo...you lost me right there at Pac....good grief....you already have him...only better!!! What are you drinkin tonight??? I am on a helluva good Shiraz for the record...

max was tough enough to play for torts.

max was tough enough to play for torts.
This would be the only fella tough enough for torts! And yep he's all mine...come back and ask wtf is wrong with that guy??? Geez he's a dickhead!
YF8hgf.jpg

This would be the only fella tough enough for torts! And yep he's all mine...come back and ask wtf is wrong with that guy??? Geez he's a dickhead!
YF8hgf.jpg

sometimes I wonder if pens fans have any experience with the game outside of the penguins...

I'm disappointed, it looks like you have actually played the game.

I guess even the canadians don't have it either.

Last edited:
Anyone want to make a prediction on tonight in Raleigh ?? Pens typically handle the Canes, but I've got no clue in this one. Allow me to say it'd be nice to see Jarry hold them to TWO goals.....not sure if that's asking too much.

Went to the avs leafs game tonight. We sold the place out. The leaf fans had a decent showing I would say around 10%. Most I talked to enjoyed the pepsi center. Mckinnon was tearing it up. Once again and opposing teams star disappoints. At least malkin got one 2 weeks ago.

Well, Sprong finally gets his call-up this morning to a team desperate for goal scoring......and he gets to go against the crappy Dead Wings tomorrow night (who beat the Pens handily twice in last season's series). Just hoping New Year's Eve isn't the night for Detroit to temporatily get well....as so many teams have done against the Guins this season.

Looks like Murray is expected to be back in the cage tomorrow night........and Letang has reportedly been placed on IR, meaning he's going to miss the Flyers game on Tuesday.

Anyone want to make a prediction on tonight in Raleigh ?? Pens typically handle the Canes, but I've got no clue in this one. Allow me to say it'd be nice to see Jarry hold them to TWO goals.....not sure if that's asking too much.

Can't blame the goaltending. I will say that the combined efforts of 71, 81, 87 were pure shit. All three hell bent on creating the beautiful play from the 1/2 wall. Friggin Geno and Sid just weakly turned the puck over and over and over. 59 and 43 were flying and Sid refused to participate. Something has to happen soon. 62 stinks. 15 isn't Bones. 34 isn't the 34 from 16-17. Letang as we know isn't even close to last year. This may get very ugly very soon

Reactions: Irwineer2
I think I've read enough the last few days to conclude there's virtually NO chance that Letang is traded......that is, unless he's quietly demanding it and GMJR feels he's tanking for that reason (which I don't personally believe is even remotely true).

Hoping that, if necessary, Reaves is ready to pound Abdelkater tonight.

I see Abdelkater is wearing a full shield tonight, so presumably he won't be out taking cheao shots (and running the risk Reaves will come after him).

I agree. and I'm pissed.

No shit ??

Last edited:
Zero shots on the double minor which, as is typical for Mickey Redmond, he moaned about for pretty much the entire penalty. Pens played a pretty solid first 10 minutes, but the crappy Wings have taken the game away from them since scoring the first goal (which Murray, to my eyes, did little more than just wave at).

Hoping that, if necessary, Reaves is ready to pound Abdelkater tonight.

I see Abdelkater is wearing a full shield tonight, so presumably he won't be out taking cheao shots (and running the risk Reaves will come after him).

No shit ??

what if his game gets so bad they can't move him?

I really don't think anyone was interested in him anyway.

Zero shots on the double minor which, as is typical for Mickey Redmond, he moaned about for pretty much the entire penalty. Pens played a pretty solid first 10 minutes, but the crappy Wings have taken the game away from them since scoring the first goal (which Murray, to my eyes, did little more than just wave at).
Gsus Redmond is a homer of epic proportion..nauseating...and Larkin....he's quick but cmon Damnit. Pathetic effort Cole and Hunwick...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Gsus Redmond is a homer of epic proportion..nauseating...and Larkin....he's quick but cmon Damnit. Pathetic effort Cole and Hunwick...

Just another day at the mic for Redmond.....meanwhille, Hunwick played the 2nd goal like Larkin had the friggin' plague.

What's the price...that's the question...

Absolutely no doubt about it; mucho teams would be delighted to take Letang even now if they can steal him. But nobody is going to do GMJR a favor and offer him anything of legitimate value in exchange at this point.

In other words, it's exactly like what Bergevin has to deal with right now in trying to move Pacioretty; friggin' Habs fans probably think they're entitled to McDavid in exchange for him

BTW, I just checked the schedule and they have three back-to-backers in the first three weeks of the month::
  • 1/4 CAR then 1/5 NYI (before their bye week)
  • 1/13 DET then 1/14 NYR (coming back from the bye)
  • 1/17 at ANA then 1/18 at LAK

BTW, I just checked the schedule and they have three back-to-backers in the first three weeks of the month::
Geez that's a tough grind which lends me to comment about another thing I was thinkin on that 3rd goal...Matt Murray better damnwell string some good efforts together, this squad needs him to bail them out and get some dirty wins. He is completely inconsistent, not sure how much the injuries have to do with it but still no excuse. He needs to be the guy to STEAL a few and isn't thusfar.

Reactions: COOL MAN
Also...supposed to attend that one on 1/13 with @Euell ....after what we're witnessing tonight...well, I'll settle for a little more O and a lot more D from the good guys .....

I really don't think that's the issue. I don't think this fanbase could handle it.
Well I know one thing...I'd certainly take a healthy Letang or the Daley fella wearing Red tonight for his fairly reasonable 4 mil per deal over a couple of the stiffs skating around on our backend tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT