ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins: December 2017

Starting the month out right with a 4-0 victory in Buffalo.

@torontoeers, shake off the hangover and get in here.
I made it through! Still here lol....which is more than I can say for TCU at this point...what a whupping the Sooners are delivering....let's hope the Pens don't let these Sabres off the mat. Since back to back think they rest Jarry tonight? He's on a roll, I say put him back in seeing as they had plenty of rest earlier in week...early yet but maybe we are seeing a legit backup in the making here, and one able to challenge Murray a bit when he gets back.

I made it through! Still here lol....which is more than I can say for TCU at this point...what a whupping the Sooners are delivering....let's hope the Pens don't let these Sabres off the mat. Since back to back think they rest Jarry tonight? He's on a roll, I say put him back in seeing as they had plenty of rest earlier in week...early yet but maybe we are seeing a legit backup in the making here, and one able to challenge Murray a bit when he gets back.
I don’t think they will. I think HCMS wants to get on a roll. He’s young and can take it.

I don’t think they will. I think HCMS wants to get on a roll. He’s young and can take it.

Not sure to exactly what you're referring......but if it's the idea of Sully playing Jarry in back-to-backers, I don't disagree with you one bit. Of course, he's given Murray the china doll treatment on (all but one, I think) back-to-backers from Day 1 this season. But with Casey DeYoung the only currently available backup, it's understandable why HCMS wants to stick with the 22 year old Jarry almost no matter what.

That said, I want to start seeing Murray's 24 year old ass in the cage (in the future) in situations where they've got tough back-to-backers.....like when they played the Blues and Hawks (or the Craps and Bolts) in early October. But with MM's injury history, I guess it's easy enough to see why Sully is afraid to push him physically. Meanwhile, what does he do.....perhaps this week, when the schedule ratchets up significantly with the NYR. NYI, and Leaves coming to town....when Jarry inevitably lays an egg ??

I assume neither he (nor GMJR) want DeYoung anywhere close to the team's crease other than in an emergency.....

Not sure to exactly what you're referring......but if it's the idea of Sully playing Jarry in back-to-backers, I don't disagree with you one bit. Of course, he's given Murray the china doll treatment on (all but one, I think) back-to-backers from Day 1 this season. But with Casey DeYoung the only currently available backup, it's understandable why HCMS wants to stick with the 22 year old Jarry almost no matter what.

That said, I want to start seeing Murray's 24 year old ass in the cage (in the future) in situations where they've got tough back-to-backers.....like when they played the Blues and Hawks (or the Craps and Bolts) in early October. But with MM's injury history, I guess it's easy enough to see why Sully is afraid to push him physically. Meanwhile, what does he do.....perhaps this week, when the schedule ratchets up significantly with the NYR. NYI, and Leaves coming to town....when Jarry inevitably lays an egg ??

I assume neither he (nor GMJR) want DeYoung anywhere close to the team's crease other than in an emergency.....
I think he is more opt to play Jarry in those tough back to back games to see if we have our #2 man. I think he has done enough to establish that he is.

MM has been handled differently, but he is different. Our eggs are in his basket, so I think he is just saving his body for the long grind we are going to have on our playoff push. He is only 24 and has proven he can be injury prone. I just don’t want an too overly cautious approach that will result in a prima dona.

I think he is more opt to play Jarry in those tough back to back games to see if we have our #2 man. I think he has done enough to establish that he is.

MM has been handled differently, but he is different. Our eggs are in his basket, so I think he is just saving his body for the long grind we are going to have on our playoff push. He is only 24 and has proven he can be injury prone. I just don’t want an too overly cautious approach that will result in a prima dona.

Interesting that you mentioned that, Doc, because I myself have gotten the impression that Murray indeed has at least some prima donna in his makeup.

It seems to me he's never personally taken the heat for a bad game; he's much more likely to blame it on us. Now, that's not to say that I want the kid beating the shit out of himself; but I'd like to see at least some tacit ownership of some of his issues (like, for example, his meh glove hand which doesn't seem to be any better this year than in the past). I mean, it's not like it's some big secret in the League that's it's the way to attack him.

Maybe this is just his way of maintaining an even keel; obviously, he's an uber low key guy who doesn't seem to let pressure get the best of him (which obviously is among his greatest strengths). But it'll be interesting to watch as he matures to see....and which hasn't happened as yet.....if he starts blaming his defense for goals allowed which improvements in his glove or stick games might otherwise address.

Of course, being only in his second full season in the League, he's entitled to mature in his own way.

Reactions: torontoeers
Dead Wings trade Scott Wilson to Buffalo for a #5 pick......I understand that Wilson had scored ZERO points since the trade.

Bonino the crafty veteren got his 5th tonight. He pretty much missed the 1st month of the season. I think he's got 5 goals in 15 games. Not bad for working the 3rd and 4th line.

Reactions: torontoeers
Btw gents...this Russian Olympic cheating thing is pretty juicy in terms of the hockey :smiley:....KHL was going to break and may not now....however how much ya wanna bet that asshat Putin demands they break, compete under the Olympic banner so he can pull his junk to Datsuyk and Kovalchuck saluting HIM at centre ice should they win Gold? I'd throw 50 bones down on it for certain.
19 Cdn players in KHL as well, not sure how many US but I'd hazard a guess at, what a dozen? Oh this gonna be good.....:popcorn:

Interesting that you mentioned that, Doc, because I myself have gotten the impression that Murray indeed has at least some prima donna in his makeup.

It seems to me he's never personally taken the heat for a bad game; he's much more likely to blame it on us. Now, that's not to say that I want the kid beating the shit out of himself; but I'd like to see at least some tacit ownership of some of his issues (like, for example, his meh glove hand which doesn't seem to be any better this year than in the past). I mean, it's not like it's some big secret in the League that's it's the way to attack him.

Maybe this is just his way of maintaining an even keel; obviously, he's an uber low key guy who doesn't seem to let pressure get the best of him (which obviously is among his greatest strengths). But it'll be interesting to watch as he matures to see....and which hasn't happened as yet.....if he starts blaming his defense for goals allowed which improvements in his glove or stick games might otherwise address.

Of course, being only in his second full season in the League, he's entitled to mature in his own way.
He's not Price....yet...and as you both seem to mention, I don't want him getting there...at least on a personality type of level....hopefully realizing he's lucky to have twice the talent the Habs do in front of him will keep that in check!

Btw gents...this Russian Olympic cheating thing is pretty juicy in terms of the hockey :smiley:....KHL was going to break and may not now....however how much ya wanna bet that asshat Putin demands they break, compete under the Olympic banner so he can pull his junk to Datsuyk and Kovalchuck saluting HIM at centre ice should they win Gold? I'd throw 50 bones down on it for certain.
19 Cdn players in KHL as well, not sure how many US but I'd hazard a guess at, what a dozen? Oh this gonna be good.....:popcorn:

they will lose to a bunch of college kids.

Chris Kunitz
Trevor Daley
Nick Bonino
The biggest problem with winning stanley cups is the rest of the NHL wants to pick you apart like a bunch of Buzzards picking the carcass of a dead deer on the side of the highway.

Hey t, NHLN carried Oshawa at Barrie.....an 0-5 final this afternoon.....before the Leaves at Pens tonight; which got me to wondering what the OHL looked like thus far this season. In checking the standings, I see the Gens are dead last in the East coming into today........which I know you adore.

Meanwhile, in looking at the Midwest, I see Kitchener is leading London by a full 10 points.....and Erie by 15. I realize Erie rode the McDavid (and then the Strome and Debrincat) train for several years, so I guess it was inevitable they were headed for a crash once all those horses finally left town.

But I always thought of the Knights to be as consistently good, year in and year out, as anyone in the entire League. So, seeing them sucking this much of the Rangers' wind.....who I never thought of any great shake.....has me wondering what's in the hell is going on in London (and Kitchener, for that matter)..

Meanwhile, what's the straight skin on the Petes; have you spent much time this season at Memorial Centre ??

For F'n F SAKES man...I am sitting here with my Leaves buddy and takin it on the chin! I'm in Islamorada Fla Keys which helps but I mean...CMON BOYS!!! F@%K!

Hey t, any snow in Islamorada today [banana]

Hey t, any snow in Islamorada today [banana]
Honestly it was damwell close lol. Who'd a figured this cold front gives us about mid 60's and some sun tomorrow and Monday too for the high? Mega strange cold front this early in winter but....below freezing at home so not so bad. Beach bar was still crowded and surprisingly rooting my Leaves buddy on...maybe not so much. We KNOW everybody hates us. Fine with me. Problem is I now have to hear about it for another 6 days between here and Bimini Bahamas.....ugh!!! I REALLY wanted this one guys...damnit.

Hey t, NHLN carried Oshawa at Barrie.....an 0-5 final this afternoon.....before the Leaves at Pens tonight; which got me to wondering what the OHL looked like thus far this season. In checking the standings, I see the Gens are dead last in the East coming into today........which I know you adore.

Meanwhile, in looking at the Midwest, I see Kitchener is leading London by a full 10 points.....and Erie by 15. I realize Erie rode the McDavid (and then the Strome and Debrincat) train for several years, so I guess it was inevitable they were headed for a crash once all those horses finally left town.

But I always thought of the Knights to be as consistently good, year in and year out, as anyone in the entire League. So, seeing them sucking this much of the Rangers' wind.....who I never thought of any great shake.....has me wondering what's in the hell is going on in London (and Kitchener, for that matter)..

Meanwhile, what's the straight skin on the Petes; have you spent much time this season at Memorial Centre ??
Just saw this one as scrolling back....more on this tomorrow from yours truly. I sip a beer on the beach and give you my take! :wink:....any time I can laugh at the deGENerates and The Knights combined? Oh my....this is a good time!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Well, that was a lovely 1st...... [sick]

Is anyone else thinking that the lack of urgency from this team is nearing some sort of action from GMJR? When the Pens "want to" they are still likely a top 4 team. However, they don't seem to "want to" very often and rarely for 60 minutes.

how many of you "pens fans" will be rooting for vegas tonight?

fvcking makes me sick.

how many of you "pens fans" will be rooting for vegas tonight?

fvcking makes me sick.

why would a Pens' fan root for Vegas? I just wish Sully would healthy scratch 87, 71, 81, or 58 to send a loud and clear message to his team that the continued poor efforts won't be tolerated.

why would a Pens' fan root for Vegas? I just wish Sully would healthy scratch 87, 71, 81, or 58 to send a loud and clear message to his team that the continued poor efforts won't be tolerated.

I have had multiple so called "pens fans" in the last couple days tell me they are rooting for fluery and vegas tonight.

you see they were never pens fans in the first place, just front running, frenchy loving douchers.

and yeah, 58 needs scratched, permanently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT