ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Assassination attempt on Trump (moved to the Off-Topic board)

It's the result of years and years of psyops from hostile countries. It cracks me up that people still think it's one ideology that's at fault.

A Russian (only one of the autocratic countries trying to weaken the US) think tank literally published a playbook of how they will weaken the West from within. It's eerie to read this and see what they've accomplished:

Life in the US/Western world is incredibly nice compared to how life has been throughout human history, but people are convinced that it's so terrible right now.

For a solid 8 years, it was the far right that was their biggest mark. But now with this pro HAMAS nonsense you are seeing the Iranian Internet payops are brainwashing the far left with ease.
The corrupt politicians on both sides weaken our country. And Trump scares them. And he’s now stronger and aside from another stolen election he’s winnin and I hope he puts them all in prison.

The corrupt politicians on both sides weaken our country. And Trump scares them. And he’s now stronger and aside from another stolen election he’s winnin and I hope he puts them all in prison.
I agree that pretty much everyone in Washington is corrupt, but if you don't think Trump is also corrupt, you've got your head in the sand.

National elections are generally just choosing the least corrupt option.

Reactions: moe and indyrckstar
I agree that pretty much everyone in Washington is corrupt, but if you don't think Trump is also corrupt, you've got your head in the sand.

National elections are generally just choosing the least corrupt option.
Trump could be kickin it in the Carribean. He’s a non politician who lost money while President. And he scares all the corrupt lifelong politicians. Plus his policies work. That’s why I support him.

Trump could be kickin it in the Carribean. He’s a non politician who lost money while President. And he scares all the corrupt lifelong politicians. Plus his policies work. That’s why I support him.
Pretty much all of Washington are rich guys and gals that could be kicking it in the Caribbean.

"Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican, though it was not clear from the records when that was put in place. Federal Election Commission donor data also listed a Thomas Crooks of Pennsylvania as having given $15 to ActBlue, a political action committee that backs Democrats, in June 2021."

So...that's an interesting twist.

• Haha
Reactions: Riverguideer
True but some are power hungry and owned by foreign and domestic entities.
Wish each one of these elected officials were made to read AND understand Plutarch’s

How to be a Leader
(An Ancient Guide to Wise Leadership)

For being almost 2,000 years old, its message is still very relevant today.

Reactions: WVRON
That is true, but you give Trump a pass for his rhetoric? Like him or not, Trump ratchets up the discourse as well...
ratcheting things up is one thing, calling someone racist without any real proof, calling them nazi and saying it will be the end to "our democracy" is taking that to another level. This from the same side that as a party, have super delegates and can over rule the actual will of your parties constituents. Claim to love the Dec. of Ind. and then do things opposing it. One thing to prove this... SCOTUS rules student loans and proceeding to go through with it... They talk about how SCOTUS is bad and when RoevWade was overturned to allow the states to male the decision they had protesters outside their houses and one crazy that was intending to kill one or at least some of their family. DT has said things against the lower courts, democrats, the main stream press(who arguably did almost anything they could to demonize him) and according to an article in Time they aided in a silent coup(https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/). So while I am not calling democrats evil or the like, i think they do not appear to be as PURE as they want you to think...I could say a few things against the Rs, but this is long enough.

Went to the cherry blossom festival in 2023 and was walking around the capital, I was amazed at the amount of 20-30 year old boys and girls with secret service shirts on. I brushed it off knowing that the main Presidential detail probably had the elite guards. Fast forwarding to watching last nights attempt on Trump, I saw 4-5 120 pound gun carrying women wearing blue secret service jackets and sunglasses on Trumps detail. In Britain the King/Queens Royal Guard had to be 6-2” tall which has been relaxed to 5-10” and men. They were definitely an intimidating bunch. I don’t think it would have stopped the shooting last evening but is there a quota on the amount of women each Secret Service detail has to have?

Trump said he was “shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear.”

At first, it looked like he was shot in the neck. At least that was the initial hand gesture response looked like by Trump.

I’ll go halves with you buddy
Anyone who said what this guy said should have been shit-canned off this site IMMEDIATELY!! THAT is how to end to BS on this site from clowns with their ridiculous political comments........both comments from guys of the "right" and guys on the "left". You start with guys who make the most ridiculous, idiotic comments and go down from there.

While I’m conservative, I’m not a Trump fan.

However, if it’s found that Antifa had ANY small part in this (or previous knowledge)…let’s hope the government puts the same effort that we’ve (deservingly) seen for the Jan 6th riot.

That group has gotten away with too much for too long.

However, if it’s found that Antifa had ANY small part in this (or previous knowledge)…let’s hope the government puts the same effort that we’ve (deservingly) seen for the Jan 6th riot.

Antifa isn't an organized group with established leadership.

@Vernon , appreciate the patience you’ve had with us in this thread. Hopefully most of us have been civil enough to keep it open in an effort to discuss this matter without too much name calling.

6eb454af-393c-484d-8f86-16dcdbc26e2d_text.gif

I think I just had a genius idea that probably wouldn’t work without some help from the people at Rivals, or more than likely, Yahoo. Maybe it wouldn’t work at all, and maybe I should go back to fixing breakfast, but here goes…

It would be an interesting concept to see how a thread would go if, when someone went too far with a reply, THAT person was kept from replying in THAT thread. It would def keep the repeat offenders from being able to scuttle a thread because of their actions.

• Haha
Reactions: Mountaineer Gooch
Antifa isn't an organized group with established leadership.

A headless monster for sure. However, they do communicate and have organized activities. You wouldn’t debate that…?

The members of this memberless group can easily be tracked and identified. Just takes Jan 6th type commitment from the government.

You can put me in this group. I’m tired of all the rhetoric, but something like yesterday should not, and cannot happen again. It’s awful that, because of a lapse in security, at least one person in the crowd lost their life. Hope everyone else, including Trump, is okay and makes a full and speedy recovery.

As to the rest of your post, I don’t venture far enough off the Blue Lot to be able to contribute anything else.

Reactions: Orlaco
@Vernon , appreciate the patience you’ve had with us in this thread. Hopefully most of us have been civil enough to keep it open in an effort to discuss this matter without too much name calling.

6eb454af-393c-484d-8f86-16dcdbc26e2d_text.gif

I think I just had a genius idea that probably wouldn’t work without some help from the people at Rivals, or more than likely, Yahoo. Maybe it wouldn’t work at all, and maybe I should go back to fixing breakfast, but here goes…

It would be an interesting concept to see how a thread would go if, when someone went too far with a reply, THAT person was kept from replying in THAT thread. It would def keep the repeat offenders from being able to scuttle a thread because of their actions.
It's a simple option for me and I do occasionally use it. I don't usually remove people from a thread because if you go too far, you're gone, period. For the most part people handled this thread well.

Tried a quick Google search but not seeing it....what are the primary voting laws in PA?

Are they similar to TX where you can only vote in the primary for the party which you're registered to?

ratcheting things up is one thing, calling someone racist without any real proof, calling them nazi and saying it will be the end to "our democracy" is taking that to another level. This from the same side that as a party, have super delegates and can over rule the actual will of your parties constituents. Claim to love the Dec. of Ind. and then do things opposing it. One thing to prove this... SCOTUS rules student loans and proceeding to go through with it... They talk about how SCOTUS is bad and when RoevWade was overturned to allow the states to male the decision they had protesters outside their houses and one crazy that was intending to kill one or at least some of their family. DT has said things against the lower courts, democrats, the main stream press(who arguably did almost anything they could to demonize him) and according to an article in Time they aided in a silent coup(https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/). So while I am not calling democrats evil or the like, i think they do not appear to be as PURE as they want you to think...I could say a few things against the Rs, but this is long enough.
Well said

Anyone else getting ready to get ready?

"Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican, though it was not clear from the records when that was put in place. Federal Election Commission donor data also listed a Thomas Crooks of Pennsylvania as having given $15 to ActBlue, a political action committee that backs Democrats, in June 2021."

So...that's an interesting twist.

The $15 was basically this kid's life savings. #Poor

Reactions: JRZEER
Went to the cherry blossom festival in 2023 and was walking around the capital, I was amazed at the amount of 20-30 year old boys and girls with secret service shirts on. I brushed it off knowing that the main Presidential detail probably had the elite guards. Fast forwarding to watching last nights attempt on Trump, I saw 4-5 120 pound gun carrying women wearing blue secret service jackets and sunglasses on Trumps detail. In Britain the King/Queens Royal Guard had to be 6-2” tall which has been relaxed to 5-10” and men. They were definitely an intimidating bunch. I don’t think it would have stopped the shooting last evening but is there a quota on the amount of women each Secret Service detail has to have?

This is what happens when we operate with DEI first thing in mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT