ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Assassination attempt on Trump (moved to the Off-Topic board)

Reactions: JRZEER
That dude in the blue shirt was a Twitter troll named @jewgazing. Apparently he is a doppelganger for the shooter and fooled a lot of people "for the lulz" as the kids say.

He was trolling people early and then locked down his social media but it appears to be his own fault that his pics were used.

Reactions: JRZEER
A gimme to a trained killer. A kid who most likely never even pointed a gun at a human or shot many deer at that distance is a different ball game.
Actually had Trump not turned his head to that side it would have been a perfect shot. That's one of the first observations I made and it turned out to be accurate.

A gimme to a trained killer. A kid who most likely never even pointed a gun at a human or shot many deer at that distance is a different ball game.
Missing from that range definitely sounds spur of the moment, not to mention very ill-conceived, short sighted, and evil.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Actually had Trump not turned his head to that side it would have been a perfect shot. That's one of the first observations I made and it turned out to be accurate.

At 148 yards with multiple shots, it should have been an easy layup.

Basic training at prone position has 20 rounds at shooting distances for 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, and 300 yards. If a guy can't hit at 150 with consistency, he wouldn't pass (minimum score is 23 out of 40) overall.

This guy failed at so many levels in life.

Basic training at prone position has 20 rounds at shooting distances for 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, and 300 yards. If a guy can't hit at 150 with consistency, he wouldn't pass (minimum score is 23 out of 40) overall.

You do realize he hit his target right? He was likely aiming within a few inches of where the bullet traveled. I think too many of you have been watching movies or had a nice Saturday at the shooting range and think you just pick up a rifle and can hit the bullseye easily from over a football field away.

You never know...many,many years ago I qualified by hitting 93 out of 94 pop ups from 300 yds to about 15 yds. The next day I was scoring for a bolo that knocked down 1 out of the 94 that was at 15 yds. He actually did not hit the target...he hit some gravel in front that flew up and hit the pop up.

You do realize he hit his target right? He was likely aiming within a few inches of where the bullet traveled. I think too many of you have been watching movies or had a nice Saturday at the shooting range and think you just pick up a rifle and can hit the bullseye easily from over a football field away.

We differ on this part.

IMO, no military guy would consider that a successful hit. Especially with the short distance and multiple shots. Don't even need a scope. More about breathing and repetition.

At least in the movies, there would be bending the bullets in mid air like the movies Wanted or Matrix.

Reactions: Mitch D.
You never know...many,many years ago I qualified by hitting 93 out of 94 pop ups from 300 yds to about 15 yds. The next day I was scoring for a bolo that knocked down 1 out of the 94 that was at 15 yds. He actually did not hit the target...he hit some gravel in front that flew up and hit the pop up.

Maybe it wasn't ideal position or he just never fired weapons consistently.

Back when I went through the army basic training, it was without scope, on the ground, distraction on both sides, timer on, and go.... I passed with sharpshooter but can't remember the exact score today. That was back in the late 80s.

Guess I am taking this for granted but still blows my mind that with multiple misses if going for the kill. He got off 2-3 shots before secret service was able to surround Trump.

Reactions: simon_kenton
We differ on this part.

IMO, no military guy would consider that a successful hit. Especially with the short distance and multiple shots. Don't even need a scope. More about breathing and repetition.

At least in the movies, there would be bending the bullets in mid air like the movies Wanted or Matrix.
But not for the split second that Trump turned his head it would have been on target.

My two quick thoughts are this. He made the comment to get a response out of the board. And secondly, I could boot his ass or just let others deal with him. You probably won't get through to someone like that but most people don't like knowing that everyone thinks they're a POS.

No one side is to blame for what happened today because there is too much hate from both. It was only a matter of time before this happened and while everyone is focused on how Trump lived, they're losing sight of the fact that another person lost their life. Over a difference in political views? How insanely pathetic.
TBH, I did wonder why he wasn’t booted and the post taken down. Speaking out of the other side of my mouth, that sentiment is out there and hiding it only ensures it will pop up somewhere else.

The depth of discourse is deep, Bennie Thompson ( Dem ranking member of homeland security committee) even introduced legislation to remove DJTs secret service protection.

We differ on this part.

And how did you shoot before your training? You could hit the bullseye or within a few inches from 150 yards? Come on, you're not even thinking about the real situation and instead trying to compare him to someone with military experience in that type of situation.

By a clear amateur at that. If the Secret Service allows that, can you imagine what could be done by another government or a properly trained individual?
A person with a kamikaze drone controlled remotely via a public WIFI connection, offshore VPN, and a SIM card inside the drone from a burner phone could do some serious damage. And potentially be untraceable. If that crew can't notice a dude crawling onto a building with a long rifle, my easy to imagine attack would wreck them. I fear what someone that is more clever than me could conjure up.

TBH, I did wonder why he wasn’t booted and the post taken down. Speaking out of the other side of my mouth, that sentiment is out there and hiding it only ensures it will pop up somewhere else.

The depth of discourse is deep, Bennie Thompson ( Dem ranking member of homeland security committee) even introduced legislation to remove DJTs secret service protection.
Because I think about every move I make rather than just getting upset and removing people from the site. Furthermore, think about how things played out after his post. Rather than me expressing my opinion by simply booting him, I let his peers explain to him why he went too far. It went exactly the way I thought it would, I do have a few years of experience at this job. BTW, have you noticed any other posts from him? Ask yourself why.

Maybe it wasn't ideal position or he just never fired weapons consistently.

Back when I went through the army basic training, it was without scope, on the ground, distraction on both sides, timer on, and go.... I passed with sharpshooter but can't remember the exact score today. That was back in the late 80s.

Guess I am taking this for granted but still blows my mind that with multiple misses if going for the kill. He got off 2-3 shots before secret service was able to surround Trump.
I am getting mixed messages from the media reporting about if they knew the shooter was on the roof. I believe the sniper team had the shooter in their sights before he shot. I find it hard to believe that the team could have found his location and took him down as fast as they did...it was literally about a minute.

IMG-5920.png
IMG-5922.jpg

And how did you shoot before your training? You could hit the bullseye or within a few inches from 150 yards? Come on, you're not even thinking about the real situation and instead trying to compare him to someone with military experience in that type of situation.

Before training, about the same but I have fired weapons before so it wouldn't be a fair baseline.

IMO, getting 3 shots off with that distant, seems to be clean line of sight, not being rushed to fire the shots, etc... I just thought it would have been simple. However, you are right about being in the live situation.

Anyhow, shooter got what he deserved to get. Secret Service needs to perform better.

I am getting mixed messages from the media reporting about if they knew the shooter was on the roof. I believe the sniper team had the shooter in their sights before he shot. I find it hard to believe that the team could have found his location and took him down as fast as they did...it was literally about a minute.

Think it was due to people pointing out where the shooter was. At least from what V showed in that video clip yesterday.

Reactions: moe
Because I think about every move I make rather than just getting upset and removing people from the site. Furthermore, think about how things played out after his post. Rather than me expressing my opinion by simply booting him, I let his peers explain to him why he went too far. It went exactly the way I thought it would, I do have a few years of experience at this job. BTW, have you noticed any other posts from him? Ask yourself why.
I would NEVER waste time trying to explain anything to that guy...I bet the dude couldn't care less what other posters thought of his thoughts.

Think it was due to people pointing out where the shooter was. At least from what V showed in that video clip yesterday.
That is why I believe they had the shooters location before he shot...People had alerted security when he was climbing up to the roof. I watched the clips of the shooting many times and there is NO way the sniper team could have returned fire as quickly as they did without knowing. The shooter down message came within a couple minutes.

Reactions: indyrckstar
Or not. lol

The most active memes on social media are ones comparing the shooter to athletes who have failed to make basketball shots, TD throws, golf shots, etc.
That’s fair. I’ve seen people who were trained well spray under pressure. Adrenalin gets going and it takes some stones to keep it under control.

I’ve trained out to 1000 yards, so, probably not fair for me to compare.

That’s fair. I’ve seen people who were trained well spray under pressure. Adrenalin gets going and it takes some stones to keep it under control.

I’ve trained out to 1000 yards, so, probably not fair for me to compare.
That's what I was trying to say .
I shoot a lot when I'm home and shoot open sight at that distance with many different guns including a Henry 357 . I'm fairly accurate in most positions but that's shooting deer , rabbit and groundhogs..... shooting people not to mention a president is a whole different level of breathing...

So when they say "we", who are they talking about?
lol you’re a clown who keeps showing your ass here. But you did vote for President Biden the guy who talked unity and tore this country further apart………

The thing that really bothers me about this whole damn thing is the sloppiness of the security.

There was a kid right behind Trump that someone dressed up like him.

We could be easily talking about a dead kid today that knows nothing about politics. All he likely knew was he was seeing the President.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT