ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Assassination attempt on Trump (moved to the Off-Topic board)

SMDH. He tried to kill the Republican Nominee for President. His motive is pretty clear.

Reactions: HPeer
Remember this asshat told everyone masks stopped Covid.

Not a serious person who should be believed. Nothing more than a political hack lying to everyone
They did. Several large retrospective studies have come out showing that N95s were fantastic and cloth masks did better than we thought they did. Here's the most comprehensive one.

I can't believe people still think masks didn't help. Wow. What year is it.

Last edited:
They did. Several large retrospective studies have come out showing that N95s were fantastic and cloth masks did better than we thought they did. Here's the most comprehensive one.

Lol. This is why you are a joke and not taken seriously.

Confirmation bias is always there to help idiots feel better about being wrong.

Reactions: HPeer
Lol. This is why you are a joke and not taken seriously.

Confirmation bias is always there to help idiots feel better about being wrong.

Lol. It's 2024 and this is apparently still a thing. This board is like an alternate dimension sometimes.

joe dropping truth bombs, thx. Sorry if it hurt your feelings.
And Joe never lies? That’s all he does. Remember HE created 2,000 jobs just last week and was never involved in Hunter’s business dealings. Hahahaha.

• Wow
Reactions: moe

I’ll have to disagree with my fellow conservatives on this one. I certainly think it likely helped to reduce the spread, and I was (unfortunately) able to see it first hand with our son, who had several hospital stays during that period of time.

As a youngster, he would get adenovirus or RSV at least twice a year, and you could guarantee that whichever he went in to the hospital with, he’d come out with the other. Mix in the flu, or annything else… well, getting any of those back to back would wipe out his immune system for a while, making it easier to catch anything else coming thru the neighborhood, so to speak. The worst part of it was that we as parents were likely carriers, and since I show very little in the way of symptoms, it was likely that we would bring it to him.

I completely understand that not everyone has people around them that have compromised immune systems, and consequently, don’t want to have to wear a mask. I get that, but to say that masks didn’t / don’t help to stop the spreading Covid, or ANYTHING, especially in aforementioned hospital setting, and/or the flu season… well, I strongly disagree with that idea.

Last edited:
I’ll have to disagree with my fellow conservatives on this one. I certainly think it likely helped to reduce the spread, and I think I was (unfortunately) able to see it first hand with our son, who had several hospital stays during that period of time.

As a youngster, he would get adenovirus or RSV twice a year, and you could guarantee that whichever he went in to the hospital with, he’d come out with the other. Mix in the flu, or annything else… well, getting any of those back to back would wipe out his immune system for a while, making it easier to catch anything else coming thru the neighborhood, so to speak. The worst part of it was that we as parents were likely carriers, and since I show very little in the way of symptoms, it was likely that we would bring it to him.

I completely understand that not everyone has people around them that have compromised immune systems, and consequently, don’t want to have to wear a mask. I get that, but to say that masks didn’t / don’t help to stop the spreading Covid, or ANYTHING, especially in aforementioned hospital setting, and/or the flu season… well, I strongly disagree with that idea.
The problem is people wearing them correctly. The masks absolutely work. Forced masking didn't work because too many people didn't take it seriously and wore the masks incorrectly. If only one side of the canoe is paddling, all you wind up doing is going around in circles. There was a study in early 2023 from Cochran that basically came to this conclusion and dishonest information brokers ran with it claiming that "masks don't work" and, apparently, it is still what people believe. It isn't the masks that failed us, it was the individuals.

Reactions: simon_kenton
I’ll have to disagree with my fellow conservatives on this one. I certainly think it likely helped to reduce the spread, and I think I was (unfortunately) able to see it first hand with our son, who had several hospital stays during that period of time.

As a youngster, he would get adenovirus or RSV twice a year, and you could guarantee that whichever he went in to the hospital with, he’d come out with the other. Mix in the flu, or annything else… well, getting any of those back to back would wipe out his immune system for a while, making it easier to catch anything else coming thru the neighborhood, so to speak. The worst part of it was that we as parents were likely carriers, and since I show very little in the way of symptoms, it was likely that we would bring it to him.

Compromised immune system is a much different deal than this debate though. It would be hard to argue someone in that situation should the wear a mask and not a cloth mask. I mean ultimately no matter what medical condition if someone wants to wear a mask I am not going to tell them not to do it. This is about forcing healthy people to wear a mask because science and claiming they are killing people if they didn't.

Wearing a mask while sick and for a few days after being sick is also a different story. Healthy people being forced to wear masks was always ridiculous. No healthy person spread Covid because they were not wearing a mask. It wasn't logical then and it isn't now. The people who pushed it then admit now it was just for show.

Compromised immune system is a much different deal than this debate though. It would be hard to argue someone in that situation should the wear a mask and not a cloth mask. I mean ultimately no matter what medical condition if someone wants to wear a mask I am not going to tell them not to do it. This is about forcing healthy people to wear a mask because science and claiming they are killing people if they didn't.

Wearing a mask while sick and for a few days after being sick is also a different story. Healthy people being forced to wear masks was always ridiculous. No healthy person spread Covid because they were not wearing a mask. It wasn't logical then and it isn't now. The people who pushed it then admit now it was just for show.
To be clear, I’m saying that if people in a hospital setting wear a mask, be it a patient, visitor, or healthcare worker, it would help to curb the spread of airborne diseases like adenovirus, RSV, etc, especially during the “flu season”.

Outside of a hospital, I completely understand people NOT wanting to wear them.

To be clear, I’m saying that if people in a hospital setting wear a mask, be it a patient, visitor, or healthcare worker, it would help to curb the spread of airborne diseases like adenovirus, RSV, etc, especially during the “flu season”.

I completely support wearing masks in a hospital. Best place to get sick is at a hospital or Dr office. I just think it is smart.

My biggest issue with the whole mask thing was belittling people who didn't wear them in public and pretending science backed that.

8x0e02.jpg

• Love
Reactions: davetown58
130 yard shot from an elevated prone position with a shoulder fired low recoil weapon. That’s a gimme.

Yes it is.....

I can hit C4 cans (energy drink) on top of a strip mine from 300 yards from the standing position with no sling and iron sights.

Colt 6920

This was a turkey shoot, glad this guy was a total loser. Hopefully he hadn't bred yet.

My question is why is this thread still up? To many people bashing each each other and being terrible to people who disagree with them. Thought this was the Blue Lot not the off topic board???

• Haha
Reactions: AlmostHeaven2021
My question is why is this thread still up? To many people bashing each each other and being terrible to people who disagree with them. Thought this was the Blue Lot not the off topic board???
This is the off topic board

I’ll have to disagree with my fellow conservatives on this one. I certainly think it likely helped to reduce the spread, and I was (unfortunately) able to see it first hand with our son, who had several hospital stays during that period of time.

As a youngster, he would get adenovirus or RSV at least twice a year, and you could guarantee that whichever he went in to the hospital with, he’d come out with the other. Mix in the flu, or annything else… well, getting any of those back to back would wipe out his immune system for a while, making it easier to catch anything else coming thru the neighborhood, so to speak. The worst part of it was that we as parents were likely carriers, and since I show very little in the way of symptoms, it was likely that we would bring it to him.

I believe the constant cleaning helped more than we know along with more hand washing.

100% agree on this. I thought masks would become more common in hospitals and health care settings for years to come.

I won’t judge someone for wearing a mask elsewhere. That’s their personal decision but I’d be honest about my opinions on mask if asked or in conversation. I don’t wear them ever anymore ever and do have strong opinions on not wearing if you are medically healthy overall. The only problem I have with mask wearers… they better not try telling people they ‘should’ wear a mask too. I have a problem with people telling me or people what to do when they have no business or authority telling people what to do. Some people need to learn to mind their own business.

A person's immune system is an amazing thing. You cannot protect yourself from everything out there. Personally, I never wore a mask and never plan on it. If someone else is worried about it, I'll give them my mask and they can wear it with their own.

Reactions: AlmostHeaven2021
I'll make this easy for Congress. Get a copy of all the SOP'S and TTP's. They will show he is lying. There will also be copies of requests for more personnel.

That’s a question I’ve asked myself. I don’t have an answer, only assumptions.

Did they think that the person on that rooftop was put there as part of the security detail and weren’t sure? I doubt it. But I can’t think of anything else unless I dove in to the conspiracy theories that everyone has already started to flood the internet since everyone is an “expert” these days on everything. If you don’t believe that, just ask them and they’ll let you know.
https://www.businessinsider.com/sec...staken-trump-shooter-for-police-sniper-2024-7

This came thru on my phone today.

A couple interesting points from this article. I have a few thoughts, but instead of giving my POV, you’re welcomed to digest and comment on it.

The problem is people wearing them correctly. The masks absolutely work. Forced masking didn't work because too many people didn't take it seriously and wore the masks incorrectly. If only one side of the canoe is paddling, all you wind up doing is going around in circles. There was a study in early 2023 from Cochran that basically came to this conclusion and dishonest information brokers ran with it claiming that "masks don't work" and, apparently, it is still what people believe. It isn't the masks that failed us, it was the individuals.
It wasn't that at all.

The answer lies in any basic biology textbook.

A cloth mask, which the overwhelming majority of the people wore, were and are ineffective from keeping a virus particle in and out as the virus simply passes through the medium due to its small size. A cough or a sneeze can send thousands in the air and a cloth mask, while stopping some, would be largely ineffective.

It wasn't that at all.

A cloth mask, which the overwhelming majority of the people wore, were and are ineffective from keeping a virus particle in and out as the virus simply passes through the medium due to its small size. A cough or a sneeze can send thousands in the air and a cloth mask, while stopping some, would be largely ineffective.
Not sure about that either, tho you’re probably correct on some of them.

We were in the hospital quite a bit at that time, and not everyone was walking around with a sheer thong around their face; did see a few cases of pink eye tho, FWIW.

Then their Command and Control sucked. There is no excuses for what happened or explanations that should be allowed to fly. I would tell you the same thing regardless of who they were protecting. HUGE FAILURE.
No excuse in the world can justify this . None ......plain out incompetence at the highest level. The top down needs reworked.

It wasn't that at all.

Walk outside on a cold day with a cloth mask on and watch your breathe come out. And if someone thinks it helps, wear it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT