ADVERTISEMENT

NOW can we stop pretending Ohio State deserves playoff consideration?

lol, I think you just provided my point. The 13th data point was needed. Why do you think the Big 12 is adding a championship game? Not because they wanted to but because they were told they need a 13th data point (or as you say one more chance to beat a quality opponent).

No, I didn't prove your point. You are saying just having 13 games is the factor. It's who you play in the 13th game that matters. If your 13th game is against Louisiana Tech or somebody like that, the 13th data point does you no good.

The issue with Ohio St vs Penn St in 2016 is that Penn St had two losses. Ohio St not only had better metrics, they also had fewer losses. In 2014, Ohio St and TCU each only had one loss. For some reason, you and some other people can't get it through your heads that 2014 and 2016 were not the same situation, because Penn St had more losses in 2016. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
OK, I'll rank 'em. But it doesn't mean I'm wrong if the College Football Pretzel committee sees it differently. It just means they aren't as accurate as I am.

1. Alabama. Mississippi State and Auburn are going down big-time.
2. Georgia. Another defeat for Auburn.
3. Clemson. 3 easy victims coming up.
4. Miami. Notre Dame, Virginia and Pitt are in trouble.
5. Oklahoma. TCU and WVU minefields ahead.
6. Notre Dame.
7. TCU.
8. Washington.
9. Wisconsin.

I've spent a lifetime being obsessed with injustice in everything -- sports or life or society -- and a team that finished 3rd in its own conference should NOT be in the 4-team national playoff. It's that simple.

And yes, I'm far more interested in how my alma mater does. Which, incidentally, still might make the Big 12 title game if all the chips fall the right way. Woo-hoo!
Well if you believe the Ohio State situation was and injustice then fine. That was last year. Focus on this year. There are 2 one loss teams in the final four at the moment . There are 2 undefeated teams that are not. Is that and injustice? Why or Why not? It seems like you have a personal vendetta against Ohio state more then a focus on what's and injustice.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Well if you believe the Ohio State situation was and injustice then fine. That was last year. Focus on this year. There are 2 one loss teams in the final four at the moment . There are 2 undefeated teams that are not. Is that and injustice? Why or Why not? It seems like you have a personal vendetta against Ohio state more then a focus on what's and injustice.
Fair enough.

Wisconsin hasn't played anyone of consequence yet. If Wisconsin is undefeated and the Big 10 champ, then Wisconsin should be in the Final Four.

My eyeball test and professional expertise says Miami is more likely to be a better team than Wisconsin (note that I listed Miami in the mix in previous posting) but the next 4 weeks may prove me wrong, and a lot more experts around the country and on this board, too.

EVERY undefeated Power 5 conference champ should be in the Final Four. That's clear enough, right?

Of course, in all 3 years of the playoffs, there's only ONE undefeated team each year. So it's almost a moot point by the end of the season.

The debate will be over which 3 1-loss teams should join the only unbeaten team. And Notre Dame just complicates that argument although the game with Miami will answer a lot of questions for everyone, including me.

That's why the next 4 weeks (including conference title games) will be so much fun to watch.

That's interesting, because there were plenty of people here saying Florida St didn't deserve to be in the playoffs in 2014.
Surely by now you know that "plenty of people" and I don't always mesh. I'll repeat it: ANY Power 5 conference champ that is undefeated belongs in the 4-team playoff. Period. Since only one has made it every year, that's easy to live with. If Miami or Wisconsin are unbeaten after the conference title games, they should be in the playoffs. Period. Clear enough?

I was trained in West Virginia not to get into a pissing match with a skunk. So I think I'll pass. You are hopeless anyway. You think the more you lie and the bigger you lie the more people will believe it. The classic Hitler technique. Great role model for you, tofu!
It would have much simpler for you to have waved a white flag, and admit that I had destroyed you in the debate, than refer to a dictator, who would be about your age now, if he hadn't blown his brains out in a bunker.

It would have much simpler for you to have waved a white flag, and admit that I had destroyed you in the debate, than refer to a dictator, who would be about your age now, if he hadn't blown his brains out in a bunker.
I think I'll exchange information with other WVU fans who want to know about the Kansas State game. Go try to bother someone else, tofu boy.

Reactions: Phil
No, you won't. You'll keep obsessing over Ohio State, and making up lies about the Buckeyes because that's what you do on here, day after day. Kansas State has no chance of making the Playoffs, so you don't care about the Wildcats, but you should because that old sly fox in the Little Apple has Dana's number.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT