ADVERTISEMENT

My hope for this year was Holgs wins 9+ games & get hired away

Dana chose to stay at WVU ? Well yea, he did sign a new contract. So, in fact, the answer is yes.

The real question is who (and what job) he chose WVU over ? Let's assume he would not entertain an assistant coaching job at ANY school and only a head coaching job iof a P5 team (and then one with at least a decent program). Nothing crazy there....right ?

Was there ever any serious interest by a qualified school ? I know some of you will suggest Dana had no interest...being so loyal to WVU and all. However, he'd flirt to gain negotiation leverage with WVU.

So what schools showed serious interest ? Who did Dana pass-on to stay at WVU ?

Rumors are just that rumors. I doubt if there was any serious talks. I believe that if grier gets things going, two 10 win seasons and a bowl victory, you might see some serious movement by a bigger school in 4 years.

Rumors are just that rumors. I doubt if there was any serious talks. I believe that if grier gets things going, two 10 win seasons and a bowl victory, you might see some serious movement by a bigger school in 4 years.

Right... ....and THEN he might choose WVU.

Reactions: Airport
So what schools showed serious interest ? Who did Dana pass-on to stay at WVU ?
If one of the blue bloods had shown interest in Dana he would have used it to gain leverage in contract negotiations. No one offered him a job. Fluffer Holgorsen's disciples continue to say he choose to stay which is an outright Lie. It doesn't matter what someone's opinion is of the coach to continue to make claims that he choose wvu over someone else and failing to provide proof is a complete distortion of the facts.

LSU couldn't get he coach they wanted, Texas fired the coach they wanted after three years. Oregon fired their coach after three years. Holgs is in better job security than at either of those schools. You need to due your do diligence![laughing]
The people who continue to claim that Holgorsen choose to stay at wvu when they can't provide any proof that he was offered a job elsewhere are purely distorting the facts. They are liars.

The people who continue to claim that Holgorsen choose to stay at wvu when they can't provide any proof that he was offered a job elsewhere are purely distorting the facts. They are liars.

Does it really matter what people want to believe? Let folks have their comforting thoughts. It doesn't change anything.

and one that says they know everything that goes on behind the scenes is delusional.

Reactions: CAK125
His sideline demeanor I think is a problem. I like Holgorsen overall but I hope he grows up a little.
One of the posters from Miami put up a link to their free message board, not sure what it is. Anyway I did take a curious look at the board and there was a lengthy thread about this very topic, Coach D sideline antics. Not very positive and frankly comments I didn't want to read, but true none the less. Maybe he does need to get better control of himself.

The honest question I still don't get during Holgs time here is what happened to Geno the second half of his Sr year. That's still something I can't figure. He couldn't miss the first 5 games. Then,what the heck happened . I know that was a few years back, but still makes no sense
One bad game, yeah, just fold for a half season. Crazy. We have what we have. Let's make the best of it, it's a game, it's entertainment , enjoy it whatever. Hell we are not Syracuse or B.C....

All you Fluffer Holgorsen disciples due is Lie. Dana is still in Morgantown because nobody wants this guy. What happened in the Russel Athletic bowl is no surprise to anyone who is knowledgeable about college football. Its pretty clear you two nimrods know nothing. Dana was exposed as a fraud once again but the Lsu's , Texas and Oregon's of the world were not surprised. Its the reason they passed on this bum in the 1st place. You can tell the whole world wants Dana lie as many times as you feel but I will set the record straight.

Kookycat, Ill keep this simple!
:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

All you Fluffer Holgorsen disciples due is Lie. Dana is still in Morgantown because nobody wants this guy. What happened in the Russel Athletic bowl is no surprise to anyone who is knowledgeable about college football. Its pretty clear you two nimrods know nothing. Dana was exposed as a fraud once again but the Lsu's , Texas and Oregon's of the world were not surprised. Its the reason they passed on this bum in the 1st place. You can tell the whole world wants Dana lie as many times as you feel but I will set the record straight.
I gave a thumbs up to this post just because it's hilarious.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
I kind of get a kick out of Coach Holgorsen's animated sideline behavior, it's hilarious. But as far as the hair thing goes that is pretty quickly resolving itself just like mine did!

When Oregon who clearly wanted an offensive genius picked Willie Taggart of all people and didn't give Alcoholgerson even a thought, just know he will be in Morgantown for a while. Nobody wants him.

Reactions: Spookycat2002

In case you missed it the first time?
:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
As much as I don't like him, I cannot root for WVU to lose so i was hoping for a good season and DH goes somewhere else. If 10 wins isn't enough, I'm starting to worry.

My question now is this: How many games does he have to win before a bigger program would be willing to take him from us? Does he have to win 9+ games two straight years? Could it be that no other self-respecting program wants someone with his sideline antics unless your last name is Harbaugh? It's obvious we won't fire him for mediocrity, and even if he goes 6-6 for the next two years we cannot afford to fire him with his new contract.

Lame.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
When Oregon who clearly wanted an offensive genius picked Willie Taggart of all people and didn't give Alcoholgerson even a thought, just know he will be in Morgantown for a while. Nobody wants him.
Oregon didnt give him a thought eh? That is funny. Stay stupid my friend.

I think Dana was a serious candidate for Oregon this season.

He was a commonly mentioned name by the media and his extension was announced close to when Oregon was ready to make a hire.

Outside of WV, most folks see him as a quality coach.

I gave a thumbs up to this post just because it's hilarious.
Fluffer Holgorsen's disciples think if they tell a lie a 1000 times it will somehow become truth. When I call them out they flip me the bird instead of disputing my claims. But when your statement is purely false like the whole world wants Dana what else can you do.

Reactions: GoWVU
I think Dana was a serious candidate for Oregon this season.

He was a commonly mentioned name by the media and his extension was announced close to when Oregon was ready to make a hire.

Outside of WV, most folks see him as a quality coach.
Typical lie from a Fluffer holgorsen disciple. The fact is no one wants Dana but you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over again it somehow becomes truth in your feeble mind. Lsu, Texas and Oregon saw what they needed when The Fluffer got exposed against Oklahoma and Miami. Programs like Texas, Lsu and Oregon think big They want national championships not 2nd rate chump bowl games.

What did I lie about? I just think you are one of those that like to stir up trouble and you got the response from me you deserve! Here in case you misunderstood the last time
:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

Why are you feeding the trolls? My guess would be he's posting from somewhere just across the river from Ironton Ohio. I decided to put him on ignore when he used the word 'we' while referring to the Mountaineers. After his venomous rhetoric regarding the coaches and the team, that went over the line for me.

Typical lie from a Fluffer holgorsen disciple. The fact is no one wants Dana but you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over again it somehow becomes truth in your feeble mind. Lsu, Texas and Oregon saw what they needed when The Fluffer got exposed against Oklahoma and Miami. Programs like Texas, Lsu and Oregon think big They want national championships not 2nd rate chump bowl games.

This is Uder..................Has to be.........[roll]

What did I lie about? I just think you are one of those that like to stir up trouble and you got the response from me you deserve! Here in case you misunderstood the last time
:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:
You stated that Holgorsen chose to stay at Wvu. He didn't choose to stay he didn't have a choice. He wasn't offered any other jobs. If he did get a job offer he would have made a spectacle in the media to squeeze every dime he could out of wvu. The blue bloods of the world see this clown for what he is an average at best coach. Your continued insistence that he got job offers is a bold faced lie.

Why are you feeding the trolls? My guess would be he's posting from somewhere just across the river from Ironton Ohio. I decided to put him on ignore when he used the word 'we' while referring to the Mountaineers. After his venomous rhetoric regarding the coaches and the team, that went over the line for me.
Not sure what your problem is. Venomous rhetoric? I only used the same words that Trump used to vanquish his opponents during the presidential primary and general election campaign. You must be a Hillary supporter if not than you're a Hypocrite.

He steered the team to 10 wins and CHOSE to remain in Morgantown. I know it is hard for some on here to believe but there are people who do not suffer from the West Virginia Inferiority Complex that notes that we are destined for being poor and second class. Some folks actually want to help our poor State University gain a spotlight and be recognized as being as good as they really are. Dana CHOSE to remain and sign a contract keeping him here. Maybe our critical 'fans' should choose to support him and the team or shut up and find some other team to call theirs. Very hard to be enthusiastic when so many around are ultra negative finding nothing good in most everything.
Maybe this will jolt your memory. You said he chose to remain here. What choice did he have he wasn't offered anything else. I have called you out on this lie many of times and you never responded until now. The fact is you tell so many lies that you don't know what the truth is. Stop being a compulsive Liar disciple of Fluffer Holgorsen.

DH himself talked about the need to improve his sideline demeanor. Maybe you should take it up with him.
most fans don't give a crap about him ranting and raving on the sidelines. Lots of fans, myself included, LIKE that he's big time into the game and gets fired up. He probably needs to tone it down some............and, yeh, I also saw what he said.

Point is, you trolls on here that complain about everything are sure a hoot! I'm going to put you on "ignore" now, along with a couple of comedians in this thread, so I don't have to be exposed to any more of your goofball nonsense. Have a nice day.

Keeping it in perspective:
WVU lost 3 games to teams that won TWENTY NINE games. So 26 other teams lost to the teams that beat the Mountaineers. It's not like WVU lost to Kansas 3 times.
WVU is 10-3 for first time since Dana did it in 2011. Rich won 11 twice, Don Nehlen was double-digits twice in 21 seasons. Dana did that in 6 seasons, including 5 in the Big 12.
To be fair, WVU played only 10 games till the 1960s so it was tougher to win 10 back then. But Dana has done it twice, the same as Rich in his time at WVU and Don in his much longer time at WVU.

Obviously, having Tony Gibson played a role in that. Look, I've been critical of Dana, but it's foolish to bitch about any coach in America who goes 10-3 unless his name is Nick Saban. 3 losses is a calamity in Alabama.

I'm encouraged with the improvement I saw in 2016. As long as Dana and Gibson keep doing what they are doing, and maybe even better, I'll be happy.

What's next? Firing Huggins if he doesn't win the national title this season?

most fans don't give a crap about him ranting and raving on the sidelines. Lots of fans, myself included, LIKE that he's big time into the game and gets fired up. He probably needs to tone it down some............and, yeh, I also saw what he said.

Point is, you trolls on here that complain about everything are sure a hoot! I'm going to put you on "ignore" now, along with a couple of comedians in this thread, so I don't have to be exposed to any more of your goofball nonsense. Have a nice day.
Weak people cannot stand opposing opinions. I do find it funny in most threads about DH I'm a blind shill. In this one I'm a troll. Weak people.

My only complaint with Holgs is qb recruitment. Going on 7 years , yet has not recruited a solid quarterback which is baffling considering his system and current players WVU have put into the NFL via offense. You would think that would have been 1 of the easiest positions for him to recruit.

Quality 4 or 5 star QBs have been recruited here. They did not pan out for one reason or another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT