ADVERTISEMENT

WVU mislead the fanbase

Why is it too late? Championship Saturday is tomorrow, most of the coaches that are worth looking at are involved some way or another. That is one of the biggest lie/excuses be thrown about instead of saying" we don't want to pay the buyout, so the fans can just deal with another season of hoping to go 6-6 and make some little no-name bowl"
The new AD doesnt even technically start for 2 weeks. I would love to see them fire Brown, but with this new guy having to basically learn everything about WVU at this point, and not even starting the new job for a couple weeks, can we be assured he knows enough about the situation and can make a really really good hire at this point? Firing Brown is just part of the issue. We also have go find the right guy for the job. Considering we've missed on every coach since Rich Rod, I dont want this decision rushed. If you do, I respect that but disagree. I want Brown fired probably as much as anybody, but I dont want a rushed hire on a new guy. I would accept Brown being let go with Harrell being the interim coach until the right one is found. But I dont think they want to do that.

The new AD doesnt even technically start for 2 weeks. I would love to see them fire Brown, but with this new guy having to basically learn everything about WVU at this point, and not even starting the new job for a couple weeks, can we be assured he knows enough about the situation and can make a really really good hire at this point? Firing Brown is just part of the issue. We also have go find the right guy for the job. Considering we've missed on every coach since Rich Rod, I dont want this decision rushed. If you do, I respect that.
The used a firm to find the AD. They could have used a firm to locate a number of candidates so that when the new AD came in, he would already have the leg work completed. Then he would have 2-3 weeks to review and interview the candidates , allowing a hire to have close to a month before the late NSD. That is plenty of time, IMO

Reactions: Buckaineer
The used a firm to find the AD. They could have used a firm to locate a number of candidates so that when the new AD came in, he would already have the leg work completed. Then he would have 2-3 weeks to review and interview the candidates , allowing a hire to have close to a month before the late NSD. That is plenty of time, IMO
I dont disagree with that at all. Not even a little bit, but they didnt do it, and not only that, it looks more and more like they planned on keeping Neal the whole time. If it were me, Neal would've been fired as a package deal with Lyons directly after the ISU loss, probably before the post game press conference. But Gee and Alsop suck, so it is what it is..... and it does look like they misled the fanbase.

The new AD doesnt even technically start for 2 weeks. I would love to see them fire Brown, but with this new guy having to basically learn everything about WVU at this point, and not even starting the new job for a couple weeks, can we be assured he knows enough about the situation and can make a really really good hire at this point? Firing Brown is just part of the issue. We also have go find the right guy for the job. Considering we've missed on every coach since Rich Rod, I dont want this decision rushed. If you do, I respect that but disagree. I want Brown fired probably as much as anybody, but I dont want a rushed hire on a new guy. I would accept Brown being let go with Harrell being the interim coach until the right one is found. But I dont think they want to do that.

Should have fired him after the Kansas game...

Should have fired him after the Kansas game...
Yeah thats even better than the ISU game, for sure. Tbh, Ive made no bones about my opinion, I wanted Neal gone after they fired Vic Koenning. I jumped off the Neal bandwagon right then.

WVU fans were told the new AD would make a decision on Brown's status once in his office and having evaluated.

Clearly what happened in reality is he was told to keep Brown. The new AD hasn't started his new job yet but has already "evaluated" Brown and determined that the best thing is to keep him as they stated yesterday? How could he have already evaluated the program when he hasn't started working yet?

Obviously he was told to keep Brown and sign off on that and did.

With new teams coming in, realignment still on the horizon, this will have long term negative ramifications for WVU football and athletics. There is likely going to be a mass exodus of fans from ticket sales as well as in support which will hurt financially. Viewing of WVU football games already declined severely under Brown and now it will be a shell of itself which harms exposure.

And when Penn State stomps a listless Brown team in the opener, what then? More excuses that he needs more time to get "his" guys five years in? Does WVU then fire him midseason with a terrible start? If they do, what coach can they bring in mid season? None of course. At seasons end will the buyout at $12,000,000 plus still be too high to release Brown even with yet another losing or 6 win season? The administration needs to do more than try to pump up a terrible situation as they did by pretending everything will just magically be ok now.

Can't even imagine how the new money guy at AD goes out and tries to sell this debacle to supporters who have been duped.
The statement you cite was put out by Alsop - nuff said.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Right on! Screw the players and the school just over one man. I’m sure they won’t miss your t-shirt purchase at Walmart or checking the new to see how WVU on the local news.

Be gone.

T-SHIRT PURCHASE? I'M TALKING 40 YEARS OF PUMPING $5 GRAND OR MORE INTO THE PROGRAM YEAR AFTER YEAR. THAT WILL BUY A LOT OF T-SHIRTS FOR SOMEBODY ELSE. I DON'T SUPPORT CHEAPLY. AND IT IS MY ALMA MATER. AND IT'S SCREW THE ADMINISTRATION THAT BOTCHED THIS ONE UP SO BADLY, REWARDING FAILURE AFTER FAILURE. YOU'RE READY TO COUGH UP $5,000 A YEAR TO MAKE UP FOR MY DEPARTURE OR DO YOU JUST TALK A GOOD GAME!

T-SHIRT PURCHASE? I'M TALKING 40 YEARS OF PUMPING $5 GRAND OR MORE INTO THE PROGRAM YEAR AFTER YEAR. THAT WILL BUY A LOT OF T-SHIRTS FOR SOMEBODY ELSE. I DON'T SUPPORT CHEAPLY. AND IT IS MY ALMA MATER. AND IT'S SCREW THE ADMINISTRATION THAT BOTCHED THIS ONE UP SO BADLY, REWARDING FAILURE AFTER FAILURE. YOU'RE READY TO COUGH UP $5,000 A YEAR TO MAKE UP FOR MY DEPARTURE OR DO YOU JUST TALK A GOOD GAME!
you sound like an entitled narcissist. Keep your money and go away while experiencing your alma mater losing with or without it. The world will be a little better off without all the bitching.

you sound like an entitled narcissist. Keep your money and go away while experiencing your alma mater losing with or without it. The world will be a little better off without all the bitching.
I mentioned to him that withdrawing money hurts Huggins as well as every other coach. I donate money as well but its not like I know where it actually goes.

Why would anyone expect money and chastise someone about giving it if on the other side nothing is being delivered. If you want someone giving money, then offer a superb product. If you won't then stfu.

Why would anyone expect money and chastise someone about giving it if on the other side nothing is being delivered. If you want someone giving money, then offer a superb product. If you won't then stfu.
So I guess you are saying Huggins doesn't deserve the money or any of the other coaches. Its not like you can track it once you donate it. What do you care its not like any of it comes from your pocket.

Five grand. Is that all? Go sit down in your end zone seats.

• Haha
Reactions: WVU-SE
I call it charity, a free gift with nothing expected in return. Kind of like when I give to someone on the street. I expect no game winning in return for giving to WVU. The school wins in other way as a result. Now go sit in the corner and such your thumb.

WVU fans were told the new AD would make a decision on Brown's status once in his office and having evaluated.

Clearly what happened in reality is he was told to keep Brown. The new AD hasn't started his new job yet but has already "evaluated" Brown and determined that the best thing is to keep him as they stated yesterday? How could he have already evaluated the program when he hasn't started working yet?

Obviously he was told to keep Brown and sign off on that and did.

With new teams coming in, realignment still on the horizon, this will have long term negative ramifications for WVU football and athletics. There is likely going to be a mass exodus of fans from ticket sales as well as in support which will hurt financially. Viewing of WVU football games already declined severely under Brown and now it will be a shell of itself which harms exposure.

And when Penn State stomps a listless Brown team in the opener, what then? More excuses that he needs more time to get "his" guys five years in? Does WVU then fire him midseason with a terrible start? If they do, what coach can they bring in mid season? None of course. At seasons end will the buyout at $12,000,000 plus still be too high to release Brown even with yet another losing or 6 win season? The administration needs to do more than try to pump up a terrible situation as they did by pretending everything will just magically be ok now.

Can't even imagine how the new money guy at AD goes out and tries to sell this debacle to supporters who have been duped.
We have no system any greater at AD and HC than Gee is capable of as his constraints in our system is crippling

I call it charity, a free gift with nothing expected in return. Kind of like when I give to someone on the street. I expect no game winning in return for giving to WVU. The school wins in other way as a result. Now go sit in the corner and such your thumb.
Go suck your own thumb. Other people aren’t as stupid as you. WVU is bringing in $100 plus million most years for athletics alone. They hardly need charity. I give charity to those in need. WVU is not homeless. Just stupid apparently. I don’t reward stupidity.

So I guess you are saying Huggins doesn't deserve the money or any of the other coaches. Its not like you can track it once you donate it. What do you care its not like any of it comes from your pocket.
No Huggins doesn’t deserve anything. The athletic department doesn’t deserve anything. They have to earn it and they are not. No free money for nothing. But hey, if instead of mouthing off while giving nothing in return you want to start doling out charity for terrible decision making at WVU, no one is stopping you, mouth with no actions.

No Huggins doesn’t deserve anything. The athletic department doesn’t deserve anything. They have to earn it and they are not. No free money for nothing.
One of the reasons wvu will never be a blue blood is because we have chumps like you who think we can Nickle and dime are way into success. Its not gonna happen in the age of the NIL/Transfer portal, The new AD is money man. If he was standing right in front of you he would tell you straight up if you want success then send in your check. If you're unwilling then shut up.

One of the reasons wvu will never be a blue blood is because we have chumps like you who think we can Nickle and dime are way into success. Its not gonna happen in the age of the NIL/Transfer portal, The new AD is money man. If he was standing right in front of you he would tell you straight up if you want success then send in your check. If you're unwilling then shut up.
One of the reasons WVU will never be a blue blood is because saps like you push to get rid of successful coaches that aren’t “ good ole boy” network material, in place of losers and then try to berate the rest of the fanbase into accepting and paying for the debacle— while at the same time you do nothing but run your mouth.

Brown can’t coach. You can throw a billion dollars at NIL- and Brown still is not P5 coaching material. You pretend that WVU exists on an island in the age of NIL when every school in the country faces the same exact situation with NIL- most with far fewer resources than WVU. Yet many succeed and those not succeeding make necessary changes.

Money won’t change Browns success at WVU- he cannot coach.

Your boyfriend wasn't that successful. If he was he would have made the playoffs already at Houston. He's a clown.

One of the reasons WVU will never be a blue blood is because saps like you push to get rid of successful coaches that aren’t “ good ole boy” network material, in place of losers and then try to berate the rest of the fanbase into accepting and paying for the debacle— while at the same time you do nothing but run your mouth.

Brown can’t coach. You can throw a billion dollars at NIL- and Brown still is not P5 coaching material. You pretend that WVU exists on an island in the age of NIL when every school in the country faces the same exact situation with NIL- most with far fewer resources than WVU. Yet many succeed and those not succeeding make necessary changes.

Money won’t change Browns success at WVU- he cannot coach.
So easy to hide behind a computer screen and brag about having greater accomplishments than a P5 head football coach - but can’t name one.

Hint. Since living in your parents basement, checking to see if the towels are dry in the clothes dryer would not count.

So easy to hide behind a computer screen and brag about having greater accomplishments than a P5 head football coach - but can’t name one.

Hint. Since living in your parents basement, checking to see if the towels are dry in the clothes dryer would not count.
And here we see classic troll deflection in an attempt to switch the conversation from the failure of Brown to coach and the failure of WVU to can him because of it, to personally attacking me for discussing those important facts.

Nonsensical, meaningless b.s. to try to keep anyone from discussing fact.

Who is this stalker poser and why is he so obsessed with WVU retaining a coach that has the worst record of ANY coach at WVU in nearly 50 years? What’s driving this obsessive psychopathic agenda? I mean, the dude can’t even name an accomplishment of Neal Brown- yet endless attack attack attack?

it appears you haven't learned one life lesson..no one owes you anything..including WVU

I mentioned to him that withdrawing money hurts Huggins as well as every other coach. I donate money as well but its not like I know where it actually goes.

My $5G a year goes ONLY for 6 Mountaineer Field game tickets, parking pass and MAC donation, which does help Huggins and football program. I may have to hold my nose if WVU keeps Neal Brown and contribute as usual anyway. Tough choice for me after 80 years of loyalty to WVU.

My $5G a year goes ONLY for 6 Mountaineer Field game tickets, parking pass and MAC donation, which does help Huggins and football program. I may have to hold my nose if WVU keeps Neal Brown and contribute as usual anyway. Tough choice for me after 80 years of loyalty to WVU.
Don’t let the fools pressure you into wasting your money for no results. They aren’t giving anything but lip service.

And here we see classic troll deflection in an attempt to switch the conversation from the failure of Brown to coach and the failure of WVU to can him because of it, to personally attacking me for discussing those important facts.

Nonsensical, meaningless b.s. to try to keep anyone from discussing fact.

Who is this stalker poser and why is he so obsessed with WVU retaining a coach that has the worst record of ANY coach at WVU in nearly 50 years? What’s driving this obsessive psychopathic agenda? I mean, the dude can’t even name an accomplishment of Neal Brown- yet endless attack attack attack?
Troll deflections, personal attacking, non/sensical b.s., stalker poser ….. you sure are tough there in mommy’s basement.

Brown has came in and rebuilt the program from the ground up. Setting up the players in a more positive setting to develop the players. He and the players have not embarrassed the school with off the field drunkenness (from the dog track to the University High school sideline’s) and the sad thing is, he has just sunk further down in Houston.

Brown has done pretty much everything they hired him for except win. That is why he was given another year. Fact.
Holgersen was an embarrassment to not only the school but the state.

Note: personally attacks is now asking you to backup your claims made here, got it.

Brown hasn't "rebuilt" anything. Brown took a top 20 team with a top 10 offense and turned it rapidly into one of the worst teams in the history of WVU football. WVU has to go back nearly 50 years to find such a lousy coaching effort. He hasn't done anything he was hired for except represent the "good ole boy" network which has been a dismal failure. Players have fled the program in droves in some of the highest numbers anywhere in college football-illustrating the complete failure of this sad joke perpetrated on WVU fans.

The previous coach Holgorsen has been slandered and libeled by idiots mad because he replaced a former coach that was ALSO better than Brown, but not up to WVU standards. But Holgorsen performed at a high level for WVU, was one of the best ever coaches at WVU and delivered the secondmost number of wins ever against the toughest ever schedules. Brown has not approached his level of success for WVU. Holgorsen has NOTHING to do with Brown's failures which continue going into his fifth season destroying the WVU football program.

There are some fools on this board and others that don't deal well with facts, so lash out to personally attack anyone who dares wake them from playtime on their mommies basement computer and correct their misinformation. But in the end Neal Brown is still a disaster for WVU football and has negatively impacted the entire athletic dept.

Last edited:
Brown hasn't "rebuilt" anything. Brown took a top 20 team with a top 10 offense and turned it rapidly into one of the worst teams in the history of WVU football. WVU has to go back nearly 50 years to find such a lousy coaching effort. He hasn't done anything he was hired for except represent the "good ole boy" network which has been a dismal failure. Players have fled the program in droves in some of the highest numbers anywhere in college football-illustrating the complete failure of this sad joke perpetrated on WVU fans.

The previous coach Holgorsen has been slandered and libeled by idiots mad because he replaced a former coach that was ALSO better than Brown, but not up to WVU standards. But Holgorsen performed at a high level for WVU, was one of the best ever coaches at WVU and delivered the secondmost number of wins ever against the toughest ever schedules. Brown has not approached his level of success for WVU. Holgorsen has NOTHING to do with Brown's failures which continue going into his fifth season destroying the WVU football program.

There are some fools on this board and others that don't deal well with facts, so lash out to personally attack anyone who dares wake them from playtime on their mommies basement computer and correct their misinformation. But in the end Neal Brown is still a disaster for WVU football and has negatively impacted the entire athletic dept.
You don't like it we get it. Freaking move on and follow your man Holgy. People are tired of your BS and the same old song and dance act. He's here and nothing can be done until later.

You don't like it we get it. Freaking move on and follow your man Holgy. People are tired of your BS and the same old song and dance act. He's here and nothing can be done until later.
We get it. You hate WVU and want WVU to have losing coaches and losing records. People are tired of your b.s. derailing and trolling every thread where WVU fans attempt to discuss the situation ( or anything else your disturbed ego doesn’t approve of). Browns days are numbered and everyone knows it and true WVU fans are going to talk about it. Guess what? No one cares what you think about that, troll. Go throw your tantrums somewhere else.

Last edited:
We get it. You hate WVU and want WVU to have losing coaches and losing records. People are tired of your b.s. derailing and trolling every thread where WVU fans attempt to discuss the situation ( or anything else your disturbed ego doesn’t approve of). Browns days are numbered and everyone knows it and true WVU fans are going to talk about it. Guess what? No one cares what you think about that, troll. Go throw your tantrums somewhere else.
Thanks for the intelligent conversaton of a 1st grader. You may now go back to your coloring book.

Brown hasn't "rebuilt" anything. Brown took a top 20 team with a top 10 offense and turned it rapidly into one of the worst teams in the history of WVU football.

Starting out with a lie that you can’t back up, not a good start, then spews out several name and said that he is being personally attacked. Funny stuff there.

All your name calling can not change the facts. How many UHS games did you attend? Are you an employee of the dog track in Cross Lanes? Allen a several others posted the list of players that declared for the NFL or graduated that does not jive with any starters off that team being “run off” by Brown.

• Haha
Again, are you autistic?

Typical troll tactic:

Someone posts something factual-you ignore it/dismiss it.

Then some time later, you come back, claim they've never posted the information and ORDER them to post it again as though they are the message board gestappo.

Funny thing, no message board poster orders me to do anything. Second, I don't waste my time on information for morons. Especially not those that will just deny what is right in front of their face. The excuse/deny machine is in full force here. Yet the on field results and disaster that WVU football has become under Neal Brown is right in front of everyone's eyes whether some want to play make-believe that the emporer has clothes or not.

Most people know how to do a search for information. I found the 20 plus players that left suddenly from the WVU program including starters from the 2018 team shortly after and up to the first season of Neal Brown wrecking WVU football. Anyone can find it. The difference is some dont WANT to find it, and even if they do, they want to go all Trumpee and pretend its not real, not because it isn't, but because they don't want it to be (and I guess they think if they pretend enough that will make their make believe lie real?) Real life doesn't work that way.

Typical troll tactic:

Someone posts something factual-you ignore it/dismiss it.

Then some time later, you come back, claim they've never posted the information and ORDER them to post it again as though they are the message board gestappo.

Funny thing, no message board poster orders me to do anything. Second, I don't waste my time on information for morons. Especially not those that will just deny what is right in front of their face. The excuse/deny machine is in full force here. Yet the on field results and disaster that WVU football has become under Neal Brown is right in front of everyone's eyes whether some want to play make-believe that the emporer has clothes or not.

Most people know how to do a search for information. I found the 20 plus players that left suddenly from the WVU program including starters from the 2018 team shortly after and up to the first season of Neal Brown wrecking WVU football. Anyone can find it. The difference is some dont WANT to find it, and even if they do, they want to go all Trumpee and pretend its not real, not because it isn't, but because they don't want it to be (and I guess they think if they pretend enough that will make their make believe lie real?) Real life doesn't work that way.
Translation: bucky has no facts and only bits and pieces that he enjoys cutting and pasting.

It was 20 players over 2 years. Only 7 or so were starters. All 20 were under coke head holgy

Show me a team in college football that doesn't have starters leaving their program,

Lies Lies Lies--all the trolls have. And let's see which is it troll Allen, one day you are writing posts to can Brown, and the next you are trying to defend him with lies as though your life depended on it. Which one is it exactly? Can't figure out which side of the fence to play again?

Really better get back on those meds, the tantrums are really out of control.

Lies Lies Lies--all the trolls have. And let's see which is it troll Allen, one day you are writing posts to can Brown, and the next you are trying to defend him with lies as though your life depended on it. Which one is it exactly? Can't figure out which side of the fence to play again?

Really better get back on those meds, the tantrums are really out of control.
One day Bucky might actually be proven a true fan. But today just an angry ass child that had his toys taken away.

If you really want to show how bad it all is then go get former players tweets and their outrage.

Don't reply to me again or I will track you down and Beard you out.

Edit - still waiting to see a link or some proof where anyone said they want Brown to stay.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT