ADVERTISEMENT

M Herd

Well, last time I played the course was back in 1998. I played there quite a bit in the 90's, but was never fond of the course. They added the new 18 above the old course, but that's kind of a short track if I can recall it. In fact, the old course was kind of short, but I believe the new course had at least 3 or 4 par 4's that you could easily drive the green.

Anyways, true story - Back then, our VP of operations where I used to work owned a really nice brand new home about 200 yard out on #10, to the right of the fairway. If you were able to get a nice slice working off the tee, you could pound it off his house. That's how all of us played #10, feet lined up left of center, with an open club face. After we would hit those drives, then we would all line up to play our real drives.

Last edited:
Well, last time I played the course was back in 1998. I played there quite a bit in the 90's, but was never fond of the course. They added the new 18 above the old course, but that's kind of a short track if I can recall it. In fact, the old course was kind of short, but I believe the new course had at least 3 or 4 par 4's that you could easily drive the green.

Anyways, true story - Back then, our VP of operations where I used to work owned a really nice brand new home about 200 yard out on #10, to the right of the fairway. If you were able to get a nice slice working off the tee, you could pound it off his house. That's how all of us played #10, feet lined up left of center, with an open club face. After we would hit those drives, then we would all line up to play our real drives.
we played what they call the south course....shot 84...greens were slow

I got turned off on golf in my first and only experience with it. Glenville Golf Club, or whatever they called it back in the day. The old wooden club house had just burned down to the ground and the new one hadn't been build yet when a set of three brothers that lived next door to me invited me to caddy for them. Partly because they were wanting me to learn the game and knew I couldn't afford to play it, but mostly because they wanted me to carry their clubs around for them. On the very first tee, and on the very first swing, a golf ball from one of those brothers struck me squarely on my temple and knocked me to the ground. I saw stars but managed to get to my feet and walk the couple of miles home. I never set foot on a golf course after that.

I got turned off on golf in my first and only experience with it. Glenville Golf Club, or whatever they called it back in the day. The old wooden club house had just burned down to the ground and the new one hadn't been build yet when a set of three brothers that lived next door to me invited me to caddy for them. Partly because they were wanting me to learn the game and knew I couldn't afford to play it, but mostly because they wanted me to carry their clubs around for them. On the very first tee, and on the very first swing, a golf ball from one of those brothers struck me squarely on my temple and knocked me to the ground. I saw stars but managed to get to my feet and walk the couple of miles home. I never set foot on a golf course after that.
I used to go onto the golf course every year and steal a small evergreen tree for our dorm room Christmas...should I call and confess?

Who the hell is dumb enough to carry not one, but three sets of golf clubs around the course? Must have been you that was the fool. Not to be out done, you carry the bags while walking in front of them, only to get torpedoed by a golf ball. I'm thinking they probably had more caddying in mind for you after the round was complete, including more bags for you to hold, along with washing all of their balls.

Who the hell is dumb enough to carry not one, but three sets of golf clubs around the course? Must have been you that was the fool. Not to be out done, you carry the bags while walking in front of them, only to get torpedoed by a golf ball. I'm thinking they probably had more caddying in mind for you after the round was complete, including more bags for you to hold, along with washing all of their balls.

Do you put much effort into being a total prick or does it just come natural ?

Do you put much effort into being a total prick or does it just come natural ?
I just call them as I see them. Who the hell would caddy for three people? Did you use a wheel barrel to push three bags of clubs around the course? Knowing it's in Gilmer County, it must have been a bitch hauling those three bags up and down hills. Be thankful you got drilled by a ball; otherwise, you likely would have dropped on #5 of complete heart failure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT