ADVERTISEMENT

It's official

Typical hypocrite can't even answer the original question. What is the difference between contact 1 and contact 2 precautions provide a link that distinguishes the difference? Tb falls under airborne precautions and not droplet proved you wrong there. Just trying to change the subject and while your at it tell me the different classes of alkylating agents? what are the main differences between antimetabolites, anthracyclines,Topoisomerase Inhibitors? How many components in TKA? name the components? How many components in THA? and name the approaches? You may be saying to yourself what does cancer treatments and orthopedic procedures have to do with precautions? well absolutely nothing but since you failed to answer the original question im just applying your logic. If you actually worked in the medical field which i doubt you do you would know the industry is large with many different specialties.
i knew you couldn't answer my questions. If you were a PA or NP, you would know the answers. And trust me, you are wrong on your assertion there is no such thing as contact 1 and 2. Here is a hint; CDiff is contact 2. One difference is alcohol foam cannot be used to clean hands as it does not kills the spores. Whereas alcohol foam can be used in contact 1 isolation. If you were in this field you would know. Now either answer my questions or not. I know you can't. You've spent all day googling lol. Btw, tb patients are placed in airborne and droplet.

i knew you couldn't answer my questions. If you were a PA or NP, you would know the answers. And trust me, you are wrong on your assertion there is no such thing as contact 1 and 2. Here is a hint; CDiff is contact 2. One difference is alcohol foam cannot be used to clean hands as it does not kills the spores. Whereas alcohol foam can be used in contact 1 isolation. If you were in this field you would know. Now either answer my questions or not. I know you can't. You've spent all day googling lol. Btw, tb patients are placed in airborne and droplet.

Everyone knows that cdiff spores cannot be killed by alcohol but that still doesn't change that fact that it is contact precautions there is only 1 contact precautions . Tb is airborne precautions and not droplet I have provided the link for the CDC website which proves this and they set guidelines on precautions provide a link that differentiates Contact 1 from 2. Show me a link that states Tb is droplet this is basic knowledge and I proved you wrong. I have a friend who is a PA for an orthopedic surgeon could tell you most things about orthopedic procedures not as much about other specialties just as someone who specializes in oncology isn't the person your gonna see for Gi problems . I guess by your logic if I had cardiac problems i should see a dermatologist. Now provide me a link that list TB as droplet precautions and differentiates contact 1 and 2 which was the original question or go back to pushing grandpa around in his wheel chair

Everyone knows that cdiff spores cannot be killed by alcohol but that still doesn't change that fact that it is contact precautions there is only 1 contact precautions . Tb is airborne precautions and not droplet I have provided the link for the CDC website which proves this and they set guidelines on precautions provide a link that differentiates Contact 1 from 2. Show me a link that states Tb is droplet this is basic knowledge and I proved you wrong. I have a friend who is a PA for an orthopedic surgeon could tell you most things about orthopedic procedures not as much about other specialties just as someone who specializes in oncology isn't the person your gonna see for Gi problems . I guess by your logic if I had cardiac problems i should see a dermatologist. Now provide me a link that list TB as droplet precautions and differentiates contact 1 and 2 which was the original question or go back to pushing grandpa around in his wheel chair
i gave you proof. As I've said, if you worked in healthcare you would know. Now the truth comes out, your friend does and not you. Now answer my questions or go back to mopping the cafeteria.

i gave you proof. As I've said, if you worked in healthcare you would know. Now the truth comes out, your friend does and not you. Now answer my questions or go back to mopping the cafeteria.

You haven't provided any proof as always I have worked in oncology for over 20 years. I have friends that specialize in orthopedics, Gastroenterology, neurology, and quite a few other specialties if you'd actually work in the field you know. This is from the CDC website it has TB listed as airborne and not droplet see below busted again. I think its you i see pushing that mop

C. Droplet Precautions
  • Apply to patients known or suspected to be infected with a pathogen that can be transmitted by droplet route; these include, but are not limited to:
    • Respiratory viruses (e.g., influenza, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, respiratory syncytial virus, human metapneumovirus)
    • Bordetella pertusis
    • For first 24 hours of therapy: Neisseria meningitides, group A streptococcus
  • Place the patient in an exam room with a closed door as soon as possible (prioritize patients who have excessive cough and sputum production); if an exam room is not available, the patient is provided a facemask and placed in a separate area as far from other patients as possible while awaiting care.
  • PPE use:
    • Wear a facemask, such as a procedure or surgical mask, for close contact with the patient; the facemask should be donned upon entering the exam room
    • If substantial spraying of respiratory fluids is anticipated, gloves and gown as well as goggles (or face shield in place of goggles) should be worn
  • Perform hand hygiene before and after touching the patient and after contact with respiratory secretions and contaminated objects/materials; note: use soap and water when hands are visibly soiled (e.g., blood, body fluids)
  • Instruct patient to wear a facemask when exiting the exam room, avoid coming into close contact with other patients, and practice respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
  • Clean and disinfect the exam room accordingly (refer to Section IV.F.4.)
Top of Page

D. Airborne Precautions
  • Apply to patients known or suspected to be infected with a pathogen that can be transmitted by airborne route; these include, but are not limited to:
    • Tuberculosis
    • Measles
    • Chickenpox (until lesions are crusted over)
    • Localized (in immunocompromised patient) or disseminated herpes zoster (until lesions are crusted over)
  • Have patient enter through a separate entrance to the facility (e.g., dedicated isolation entrance), if available, to avoid the reception and registration area
  • Place the patient immediately in an airborne infection isolation room (AIIR)
  • If an AIIR is not available:
    • Provide a facemask (e.g., procedure or surgical mask) to the patient and place the patient immediately in an exam room with a closed door
    • Instruct the patient to keep the facemask on while in the exam room, if possible, and to change the mask if it becomes wet
    • Initiate protocol to transfer patient to a healthcare facility that has the recommended infection-control capacity to properly manage the patient
  • PPE use:
    • Wear a fit-tested N-95 or higher level disposable respirator, if available, when caring for the patient; the respirator should be donned prior to room entry and removed after exiting room
    • If substantial spraying of respiratory fluids is anticipated, gloves and gown as well as goggles or face shield should be worn
  • Perform hand hygiene before and after touching the patient and after contact with respiratory secretions and/or body fluids and contaminated objects/materials; note: use soap and water when hands are visibly soiled (e.g., blood, body fluids)
  • Instruct patient to wear a facemask when exiting the exam room, avoid coming into close contact with other patients , and practice respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
    • Once the patient leaves, the exam room should remain vacant for generally one hour before anyone enters; however, adequate wait time may vary depending on the ventilation rate of the room and should be determined accordingly*
  • If staff must enter the room during the wait time, they are required to use respiratory protection

You haven't provided any proof as always I have worked in oncology for over 20 years. I have friends that specialize in orthopedics, Gastroenterology, neurology, and quite a few other specialties if you'd actually work in the field you know. This is from the CDC website it has TB listed as airborne and not droplet see below busted again. I think its you i see pushing that mop

C. Droplet Precautions
  • Apply to patients known or suspected to be infected with a pathogen that can be transmitted by droplet route; these include, but are not limited to:
    • Respiratory viruses (e.g., influenza, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, respiratory syncytial virus, human metapneumovirus)
    • Bordetella pertusis
    • For first 24 hours of therapy: Neisseria meningitides, group A streptococcus
  • Place the patient in an exam room with a closed door as soon as possible (prioritize patients who have excessive cough and sputum production); if an exam room is not available, the patient is provided a facemask and placed in a separate area as far from other patients as possible while awaiting care.
  • PPE use:
    • Wear a facemask, such as a procedure or surgical mask, for close contact with the patient; the facemask should be donned upon entering the exam room
    • If substantial spraying of respiratory fluids is anticipated, gloves and gown as well as goggles (or face shield in place of goggles) should be worn
  • Perform hand hygiene before and after touching the patient and after contact with respiratory secretions and contaminated objects/materials; note: use soap and water when hands are visibly soiled (e.g., blood, body fluids)
  • Instruct patient to wear a facemask when exiting the exam room, avoid coming into close contact with other patients, and practice respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
  • Clean and disinfect the exam room accordingly (refer to Section IV.F.4.)
Top of Page

D. Airborne Precautions
  • Apply to patients known or suspected to be infected with a pathogen that can be transmitted by airborne route; these include, but are not limited to:
    • Tuberculosis
    • Measles
    • Chickenpox (until lesions are crusted over)
    • Localized (in immunocompromised patient) or disseminated herpes zoster (until lesions are crusted over)
  • Have patient enter through a separate entrance to the facility (e.g., dedicated isolation entrance), if available, to avoid the reception and registration area
  • Place the patient immediately in an airborne infection isolation room (AIIR)
  • If an AIIR is not available:
    • Provide a facemask (e.g., procedure or surgical mask) to the patient and place the patient immediately in an exam room with a closed door
    • Instruct the patient to keep the facemask on while in the exam room, if possible, and to change the mask if it becomes wet
    • Initiate protocol to transfer patient to a healthcare facility that has the recommended infection-control capacity to properly manage the patient
  • PPE use:
    • Wear a fit-tested N-95 or higher level disposable respirator, if available, when caring for the patient; the respirator should be donned prior to room entry and removed after exiting room
    • If substantial spraying of respiratory fluids is anticipated, gloves and gown as well as goggles or face shield should be worn
  • Perform hand hygiene before and after touching the patient and after contact with respiratory secretions and/or body fluids and contaminated objects/materials; note: use soap and water when hands are visibly soiled (e.g., blood, body fluids)
  • Instruct patient to wear a facemask when exiting the exam room, avoid coming into close contact with other patients , and practice respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
    • Once the patient leaves, the exam room should remain vacant for generally one hour before anyone enters; however, adequate wait time may vary depending on the ventilation rate of the room and should be determined accordingly*
  • If staff must enter the room during the wait time, they are required to use respiratory protection
sorry janitor boy, I've worked at different acute care facilities and they ALL place a Tb patient in both airborne and droplet. And they ALL have contact 1 and 2 isolation criteria. Now, back to my questions. I've asked them in a way that any specialty PA or NP would immediately know the answers. However, neither your GED education nor your obviously incompetent PA friend can answer. Lol

sorry janitor boy, I've worked at different acute care facilities and they ALL place a Tb patient in both airborne and droplet. And they ALL have contact 1 and 2 isolation criteria. Now, back to my questions. I've asked them in a way that any specialty PA or NP would immediately know the answers. However, neither your GED education nor your obviously incompetent PA friend can answer. Lol

I already proved you wrong fool I provided you links to websites and information directly from the CDC that proves you are incompetent and haven't a clue about what talking about. You haven't provided me any links because I have proven you wrong. You are probably some low level pill pusher who has never worked at an acute care facility

I already proved you wrong fool I provided you links to websites and information directly from the CDC that proves you are incompetent and haven't a clue about what talking about. You haven't provided me any links because I have proven you wrong. You are probably some low level pill pusher who has never worked at an acute care facility
answer my questions janitor boy. I've got more if you can. Lol. Those were easy. I actually work in healthcare. I don't make believe like you lol

answer my questions janitor boy. I've got more if you can. Lol. Those were easy. I actually work in healthcare. I don't make believe like you lol

provide me a link that differentiates Contact 1 from 2 and lists TB as Droplet precautions and then i'll answer your question.

PS the oncology questions i asked your where as easy as it gets but I guess you more interested in how to get grandpa's foot rest on his wheel chair.

provide me a link that differentiates Contact 1 from 2 and lists TB as Droplet precautions and then i'll answer your question.

PS the oncology questions i asked your where as easy as it gets but I guess you more interested in how to get grandpa's foot rest on his wheel chair.
youve had all day to google your answers. Answer them lol

The average human digestive tract is home to as many as 1,000 species of Pitt Fans. Most of them are harmless -- or even helpful -- under normal circumstances. But when something upsets the balance of these organisms in your gut, otherwise harmless Pitt Fans can grow out of control and make you sick. One of the worst offenders is a bacterium called Pitt Football. As the bacteria overgrow they release toxins that attack the lining of the intestines, causing a condition called Empty Stadium Syndrome.

Though relatively rare compared to other intestinal bacteria, Pitt Fans are one of the most important causes of infectious diarrhea in the U.S.

Your Incompetent can't even provide a website on precautions to back up your claims but why waste your time I've already provided the information proving your wrong.
lol ok son. Next time you're in a hospital, read the signs. Contact I or contact II is what you will see. It's hilarious a supposed "PA or NP" just got schooled by an RN. After all you couldn't answer basic questions. No way you could write orders. Or should I say, you're buddy can't since I busted you on that. You're probably on Medicaid with an EBT card.

lol ok son. Next time you're in a hospital, read the signs. Contact I or contact II is what you will see. It's hilarious a supposed "PA or NP" just got schooled by an RN. After all you couldn't answer basic questions. No way you could write orders. Or should I say, you're buddy can't since I busted you on that. You're probably on Medicaid with an EBT card.

I was there last night the sign just said contact precautions but since you failed to post a link backing up your claims it just proves your not an RN. I guess you know more than the CDC you food service worker. Lying fool

I was there last night the sign just said contact precautions but since you failed to post a link backing up your claims it just proves your not an RN. I guess you know more than the CDC you food service worker. Lying fool
lmao think whatever you want son. When you attempt to answer my very basic, easy questions get back to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT