ADVERTISEMENT

It's official

So Dana calls and says he will take the deal Lyons offered him 2 weeks ago. Does that mean Lyons wouldn't take him up on it because "negotiations are over?" Negotiations are never over until the existing contract is done, unless there is some preset date in the contract that states a new deal must be reached by a certain date in order to satisfy that contract. So we've established you don't do trial law. Apparently you don't do contract law either.

You made some liberties with my stance on what Dana needs to do, but if that is the limit to which you understand what I meant...then yes you kind of have a grasp of it. Congrats. Sometimes you exchange short term rewards for long term stability. Either that or he gets 4 mil after getting fired in late 2016/early 2017 and settling for a contract likely 1/4-1/3 of what he is making now when he can only get an OC job or a mid-major HC job.

If he's as good as he thinks he is, then you make a bet on yourself and the team you put around you. You improve the product (WVU football) over the next couple years (insist that 2017 would need to be guaranteed employment short of doing something illegal) and improve your value in the open market. However, if he thinks this is the best he is capable of then he probably should just take what's in front of him and wait for the inevitable.

To be clear I'm all for a change....I think it's time. But I give Dana credit.....he made the smart play here. He knows he is done at WVU. He knows any deal/extension at this point would be for show....so he's going to protect what is due him. IMO DH is auditioning for his next job in 2016....not a WVU extension.

Response Embedded.

No embedded response needed. You don't get it. Unless you think this is the best you can do here or you think your head is on the chopping block no matter what you do then you make a compromise.

Your only argument is if he can't keep from being fired and WVU has ZERO intent of bringing him back in 2017 no matter what he does. I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't keep his job beyond even 2017 if he wins 9 games each of the next 2 seasons. I am equally certain that he will lose his job after 2016 if he wins anything less than 9 games this year unless he plays ball.

Again, I approach this as someone who has bet on myself and won because I was confident in myself. Obviously you don't have that kind of faith in Dana or yourself if you were in his spot....so there is no way you get what I'm saying.

No embedded response needed. You don't get it. Unless you think this is the best you can do here or you think your head is on the chopping block no matter what you do then you make a compromise.

Your only argument is if he can't keep from being fired and WVU has ZERO intent of bringing him back in 2017 no matter what he does. I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't keep his job beyond even 2017 if he wins 9 games each of the next 2 seasons. I am equally certain that he will lose his job after 2016 if he wins anything less than 9 games this year unless he plays ball.

Again, I approach this as someone who has bet on myself and won because I was confident in myself. Obviously you don't have that kind of faith in Dana or yourself if you were in his spot....so there is no way you get what I'm saying.

He doesn't need to compromise on his current deal...they already made it and signed. You're suggesting they rip up his current contract, no way should Dana agree to thay, are to crazy?

Your situation isnt comparable, it's not the same universe so stop brining it up - you're just looking goofy. You bet on yourself because you had to, Dana doesnt. He already made the deal, get it?

I don't give up $4 million dollars that's legally owed to me. WVU made the deal. The time to negotiate that aspect of it has passed.

You don't compromise that much money - really he doesn't need too. If he believes in his ability as you suggest then he knows he can at the very least find a job as a OC (making near a million) and wait for another chance. He has done good enough at WVU that someone will give him a shot. I honestly believe he will do well in a different environment....this isn't the right fit for either party.

What's with this "play ball" reference you keep making?

Is that code to give up guaranteed income? That's not playing ball, that's financial suicide. If that bothers Lyons so much he gets irrational, too bad. Just would show Lyons doesn't have the capabilities for the job if he gets emotional over negotiations. Not a mark of a very good executive.

You're cute though. It's like explaining stuff to a little kid.

You keep talking about long term security, we'll there's no better security than $4 million dollars.

Why do I need to explain this to you? This is Human Being 101 stuff.

He doesn't need to compromise on his current deal...they already made it and signed. You're suggesting they rip up his current contract, no way should Dana agree to thay, are to crazy?

Your situation isnt comparable, it's not the same universe so stop brining it up - you're just looking goofy. You bet on yourself because you had to, Dana doesnt. He already made the deal, get it?

I don't give up $4 million dollars that's legally owed to me. WVU made the deal. The time to negotiate that aspect of it has passed.

I didn't have to take the deal. I could have been stubborn like Dana's being, but they wanted a certain bonus I was owed. I wanted a piece of my property to be rented long term that they were reluctant to rent. We both sucked it up. They won short term and I will have my space rented the next 10 years ( at minimum). Both sides win and both sides lose. It's how adults do business. I can draw a picture if that will help.

Reality check time.

1, If Dana does another pratfall, Lyons cans him and saves WVU tons of money.

2. If wins big, he'll leave for more money, just like Rich, Bowden, Carlen and, if the Ohio State negotiations didn't fall through, Nehlen.

Giving Dana a contract extension would not change 1. or 2.

WVU is not Alabama or Ohio State. Successful coaches leave WVU for the Alabamas and Ohio States, not the other way around.

I just enjoy the WVU victories while the coaches build up their resume for a financial windfall by leaving us. We are what we are.

Why would anyone profess we are something more than we are? I've been a season ticket holder for football and basketball for many years so I believe you are the naive troll here.

A troll? Look at the numbers you jerk. The years, the posts, the likes. Who do you mean by 'we'? You certainly do not nor have you ever played for WVU. Do you mean those of you who wear green and white? Naive? You couldn't carry my '50 rules of publishing guide'

Reality check time.

1, If Dana does another pratfall, Lyons cans him and saves WVU tons of money.

2. If wins big, he'll leave for more money, just like Rich, Bowden, Carlen and, if the Ohio State negotiations didn't fall through, Nehlen.

Giving Dana a contract extension would not change 1. or 2.

WVU is not Alabama or Ohio State. Successful coaches leave WVU for the Alabamas and Ohio States, not the other way around.

I just enjoy the WVU victories while the coaches build up their resume for a financial windfall by leaving us. We are what we are.

actually, coaches leave WVU recently because (as OP pointed out) it's a damn circus.

P.S. Rich turned Alabama down for WVU.

I didn't have to take the deal. I could have been stubborn like Dana's being, but they wanted a certain bonus I was owed. I wanted a piece of my property to be rented long term that they were reluctant to rent. We both sucked it up. They won short term and I will have my space rented the next 10 years ( at minimum). Both sides win and both sides lose. It's how adults do business. I can draw a picture if that will help.

By stubborn you mean smart. WVU gave Dana a contract that it appears they regret. Dana isn't being stubborn, he's simply coaching out his current deal.

The fact that you want Dana to give up guaranteed money, well just because, is asinine.

LMFAO - Honestly, what the hell does this have to do with Dana, Lyons and WVU football?

I'm sure your epic bonus-for-rental property swap was a triumphant day in your life but unless the bonus you sacrificed was a multi-million dollar guarantee, this story is in no way applicable and is a case study for absolutely nothing.

I'm glad you got a deal you liked. Dana didn't so he declined the offer. He obviously doesn't care if that upsets Lyons and what reasonabe person would worry about that?

LOL - Yeah, I've been living in a cave my whole life. I'm not defending Punish, I'm defending RN's, which you've disparaged multiple times.

You tried to be a big shot and I called you on it. I even asked you if you were a MD, and you didn't say no...you just rambled. You tried to mislead and I saw through you.

Go ahead and ask me if I'm a Physician. You know what answer you'll get - NO. Because what other answer is there? Apparently, for you it's more complicated...sure.

Well NP's and PA's are both above RN's and you made an incorrect assumption. Your the one trying to put words in people mouth. Personally I don't care what you do for a living and I don't care what anyone else on this board does for that fact. If your stupid enough to divulge personal information on a public message board than that's your prerogative. I don;t exactly see you telling people what you do for a living and until you do don't ask anyone else

30 years of giving people like you orders Diluadid 0.5-1mg Q2 for pain just make sure the patient gets it and not yourself

You're the one who offered up this information, I didn't ask for it so don't get cranky with me.

I then asked if you were a MD, you said that you would not reveal (instead of just saying NO) - LOL.

I think being a NP or PA is a nice admirable way to make a living. You were the one who disparaged RN's and their position. You got cocky, had to call you on it. You brought your job into this discussion, no one else.

Last edited:
Well NP's and PA's are both above RN's and you made an incorrect assumption. Your the one trying to put words in people mouth. Personally I don't care what you do for a living and I don't care what anyone else on this board does for that fact. If your stupid enough to divulge personal information on a public message board than that's your prerogative. I don;t exactly see you telling people what you do for a living and until you do don't ask anyone else

ColoradoKoolAidBoy.......................if you are one of the 'shiny shoes' you want people to know it. It ain't about being stupit. Ole Warez.................. loves to run with the 'shiny shoes'.

You're the one who offered up this information, I didn't ask for it so don't get cranky with me.

I then asked if you were a MD, you said that you would not reveal (instead of just saying NO) - LOL.

I think being a NP or PA is a nice admirable way to make a living. You were the one who disparaged RN's and their position. You got cocky, had to call you on it. You brought your job into this discussion, no one else.

No you asked me if I was an MD i didn't answer you. You thought you had the smoking gun until I educated you that there are positions above an RN that have prescriptive authority. Nice try anyway but don't bother asking people their line of work until your willing to share yours

You certainly did answer me. I asked if you were n MD, and the words NO were never said. This was your answer, when I asked you.

LOL.

I am not going to reveal what i am on a public message board but I work in the medical field and have for over 30 years and i have more authority than an RN

You brought your job into this, not me. I knew you were trying to be sly, and even gave you an out by asking you directly - and you didn't take it. Ask me if I'm a physician.....and I'll say no, but for some reason that's complicated for you?

You certainly did answer me. I asked if you were an MD, and the words NO were never said. This was your answer, when I asked you.

LOL.

You brought your job into this, not me. I knew you were trying to be sly, and even gave you an out by asking you directly - and you didn't take it.

Like I said its not wise to divulge to much personal info on a public message board and since I don't see you telling us what you do then we must have some level of agreement on this point

Like I said its not wise to divulge to much personal info on a public message board and since I don't see you telling us what you do then we must have some level of agreement on this point

I haven't used my position to belittle someone else's job, but you did. You brought your job into the discussion, you did that on your own without any help from me.

FYI: I'm a traveling donut salesman.

I haven't used my position to belittle someone else's job, but you did. You brought your job into the discussion, you did that on your own without any help from me..

Actually...in the past you did belittle certain low paid workers. So unless you're a low paid wage worker........

Why? All its done is create a stir. There's no reason Dana's extension even needs to be a story right now, but it is - because he made it one.

Back up your argument.

Although I'm not sure there are any "clear-cut" sides to what we know about this issue, and I have yet to see any real evidence to either side... I think I take your assessment over others and that Lyons overstepped his voice on the matter. I'm not a fan and it was crystallized during his horrible speech at the Hot Rod Hundley statue dedication wherein he fumbled and dumbled his dedication.

why do people want to stir it up Are there not enough good quality discussions about WVU

I haven't used my position to belittle someone else's job, but you did. You brought your job into the discussion, you did that on your own without any help from me.

FYI: I'm a traveling donut salesman.

That is bullshit. You use your professed career to try to undermine anyone else's opinion that you don't agree with if it can even remotely be referred back to being a legally related matter. When you belittle a non-lawyer's legal opinion about a legal matter, that is the definition of "belittling."

Look up "disingenuous" and get back to me.

Obviously you must be wrong because you don't offer up everything about what you do on a message board that could be read by any crazy goof that has internet access. You must not read here much. VadEER offers up his professed legal career on a nearly daily basis.

LMFAO - Honestly, what the hell does this have to do with Dana, Lyons and WVU football?

I'm sure your epic bonus-for-rental property swap was a triumphant day in your life but unless the bonus you sacrificed was a multi-million dollar guarantee, this story is in no way applicable and is a case study for absolutely nothing.

I'm glad you got a deal you liked. Dana didn't so he declined the offer. He obviously doesn't care if that upsets Lyons and what reasonabe person would worry about that?

Lyons decides if he's employed in 2017....besides that you are 100 % correct.

Bottom line is DH's boss will decide how badly he sucks not anybody within his fandom circle. Lyons has the balls to stand tough. Bet he knows that their are other coaches out there who can deliver at least the so so results we are getting used too under DH.

Obviously you must be wrong because you don't offer up everything about what you do on a message board that could be read by any crazy goof that has internet access. You must not read here much. VadEER offers up his professed legal career on a nearly daily basis.

LOL?

You're right about crazy goofs with Internet access.

You're always asking probative questions directed at me, but I've never done the same to you. You've had some wacky ideas, sorry we don't always see eye to eye.

Last edited:
LOL?

You're right about crazy goofs with Internet access.

You're always asking probative questions directed at me, but I've never done the same to you. You've had some wacky ideas, sorry we don't always see eye to eye.

So now you're NOT saying that you are a lawyer? I have better things to do with my time than cross reference your posts, but don't pretend you haven't alluded to exactly that. I just like poking fun at your self-assurance....nothing probative here.

So now you're NOT saying that you are a lawyer? I have better things to do with my time than cross reference your posts, but don't pretend you haven't alluded to exactly that. I just like poking fun at your self-assurance....nothing probative here.

And I like poking fun at yours, and we should leave it at that.

When I said wacky ideas, I meant your ideas on how to get rid of DH's buy out.

Last edited:
A troll? Look at the numbers you jerk. The years, the posts, the likes. Who do you mean by 'we'? You certainly do not nor have you ever played for WVU. Do you mean those of you who wear green and white? Naive? You couldn't carry my '50 rules of publishing guide'

You silly little troll of a man. You think you you are important? You're not! Now go away little boy!

30 years of giving people like you orders Diluadid 0.5-1mg Q2 for pain just make sure the patient gets it and not yourself

Did you take that prescription off the container of your boyfriend's bottle in the medicine cabinet? ...and he wonders why he's going through so many pills. Ooops!

Did you take that prescription off the container of your boyfriend's bottle in the medicine cabinet? ...and he wonders why he's going through so many pills. Ooops!
gay reference?...C'mon man..let's see if we can make this thread about nothing reach 1,000..we could name it the Seinfeld thread.

Holgs had his spring practice press conference today. There will be a real spring game at the Greenbrier. All other practices will be in Morgantown.

Video courtesy of WVU Sports via YouTube

ADVERTISEMENT