ADVERTISEMENT

Is Mexico Still Paying for the Wall?

Remittance taxes? That should more than cover it, no?

No, it should not "more than cover it" unless you plan on using the funds from it for 20+ years. But there are far bigger issues than that:

1) I thought deplorables were against more taxes?
2) You'll end up taxing plenty of U.S. citizens with this new tax.
3) It will simply lead to more black market transfers or far easier and cheaper options.

But the biggest thing is, if Mexico is paying for the wall like the moron insisted repeatedly, then why are we sending Mexico $20 million for them to keep illegals from coming into the U.S.? I thought they were paying for the wall to keep illegals out of our country, but now we are actually paying them to do that?

How dumb can all of you be? "First thing I'm going to do is appoint a special prosecutor to look into . . . lock her up!"

Multiple Mexican presidents have told donnie to eat a bag of dicks, yet he still insists Mexico is paying for all of the wall. Has there been an update on that?
Yes, there is an update daily of the unauthorized entering into our country. Will we ever say "enough"? What are we going to look like in those 20 years? We may have 13-15,000,000 illegals then. We had damned sure better hope Trump collects enough tax to build a wall that allows elimination of penetration by those who chose to not come legally.

Yes, there is an update daily of the unauthorized entering into our country.

Well, that wasn't what I was asking, now was it? I presume neither of the last two posters can answer how exactly Mexico is going to pay for the wall and why, if they are paying for the wall to keep illegals out of the U.S., are we not going to give them $20 million to keep illegals out of the U.S.

Well, that wasn't what I was asking, now was it? I presume neither of the last two posters can answer how exactly Mexico is going to pay for the wall and why, if they are paying for the wall to keep illegals out of the U.S., are we not going to give them $20 million to keep illegals out of the U.S.
Stop payments to Mexican govt, tax money going from this country to countries below the Rio grande. That will get the crooked govt officials from Mexico to stop ilegals from traveling from central america and a tax on all remittances will be an income tax that we are due anyway.

You’ll have to check my posting history, ive never actually claimed this was going to happen, only that it could.

Are you an opthamologist?

Stop payments to Mexican govt,

Stop payments going to the Mexican government by giving the Mexican government $20 million? Brilliant!

tax money going from this country to countries below the Rio grande.

PayPal, pre-paid debit cards, etc. are all easy workarounds to this tax if the tax is high enough to even begin to contribute to the cost of the wall. Brilliant!

That will get the crooked govt officials from Mexico to stop ilegals from traveling from central america

Do you not see how illogical you sound? We are now PAYING Mexico to do in which the moron vehemently insisted they would be paying us. Instead of Mexico paying us for the wall to keep illegals out of the U.S., we are now paying Mexico $20 million (to start) to keep illegals out of the U.S.

Are you an opthamologist?

Don't use words that you can't spell.

You’ll have to check my posting history, ive never actually claimed this was going to happen, only that it could.

Oh, so in other words, you're admitting that the guy you supported lied about at least two of his three biggest and most promised changes.

Keeping the illegals out will save billions in state and federal spending in healthcare for those who shouldln't be here.

But who is going to do your new roof or cut your grass or pick the grapes for that delicious Cabernet you had last night?

Stop payments going to the Mexican government by giving the Mexican government $20 million? Brilliant!

PayPal, pre-paid debit cards, etc. are all easy workarounds to this tax if the tax is high enough to even begin to contribute to the cost of the wall. Brilliant!

Do you not see how illogical you sound? We are now PAYING Mexico to do in which the moron vehemently insisted they would be paying us. Instead of Mexico paying us for the wall to keep illegals out of the U.S., we are now paying Mexico $20 million (to start) to keep illegals out of the U.S.

Oh, so in other words, you're admitting that the guy you supported lied about at least two of his three biggest and most promised changes.
Don't think you know anything, you dont

Hate to burst your bubble Rifle, I didn’t vote for him. I do support border security, I do think there are mechanisms that WOULD force Mexico to pay for it, I do think it would help with illegals, but I don’t think a CBA would support it’s cost.

There are many things about his Presidency I support, my thoughts on those are well known.

Don't think you know anything, you dont

Brilliant retort to everything I called you out on.

Hate to burst your bubble Rifle, I didn’t vote for him. I do support border security, I do think there are mechanisms that WOULD force Mexico to pay for it, I do think it would help with illegals, but I don’t think a CBA would support it’s cost.

There are many things about his Presidency I support, my thoughts on those are well known.

I didn't say you voted for him, I said you supported him, which you admitted to doing later in your post.

Now, can any of you explain why two of his biggest, loudest, and most promised items are completely bogus? Can any of you explain why we are not only not getting Mexico to pay for the wall, but now, we are actually paying Mexico to keep immigrants from coming into our country?

Reactions: WVUBRU

I didn't say you voted for him, I said you supported him, which you admitted to doing later in your post.

Now, can any of you explain why two of his biggest, loudest, and most promised items are completely bogus? Can any of you explain why we are not only not getting Mexico to pay for the wall, but now, we are actually paying Mexico to keep immigrants from coming into our country?
Did you get to keep your doctor and did your deductibles go down? Did you save $2400 per year? Did Trump lose an ambassador while he slept? Keep the illegals out, our costs go way down. We have to provide too many services that they should never get.

so you know that he is rifle......the supposed QB coach of the stars[banana]

You don’t get to define his two biggest campaign items for me. Mine were SCOTUS and Defense Replenishment followed closely by a roll back of Dodd frank, and tax reform. The wall was behind a lot of stuff for me.

We can tax their repatriated funds, tax their bank savings or investments in U.S. assets, tax their entry and exit visas, and tax their ability to buy and/or sell in the U.S., collect 100 billion or more and refund the difference after the wall is paid for by Mexico to U.S. taxpayers in the form of reduced rates. I know what you can't answer. What's the Democrat alternative to the Wall? Open borders?

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Multiple Mexican presidents have told donnie to eat a bag of dicks, yet he still insists Mexico is paying for all of the wall. Has there been an update on that?

First you folks on the Left were upset he even proposed building the wall. Now that's he's following through on his plans to build it (and yes to force Mexico to pay for it...he never said they'd volunteer) you all are upset about that!

Do you want him to keep his promise or not?

You don’t get to define his two biggest campaign items for me. Mine were SCOTUS and Defense Replenishment followed closely by a roll back of Dodd frank, and tax reform. The wall was behind a lot of stuff for me.

I wanted tax reform and Elimination of the ACA. The Wall wasn't as important, but I support it. Tax reform didn't happen but we did get the tax cuts which have been productive. The ACA wasn't eliminated, but the individual and employer mandates were which essentially kills it. SCOTUS appointments have been off the chain great. Now we need a Republican Congress for phase two of all that, plus funding for the Wall. All on the way.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Is Guantanamo Bay still open? Has there been an update on that?

Obama was supposed to have shut it down.

He was also supposed to calm the Ocean tides, and heal the sick. Only problem was he practically single handedly destroyed the Democrat party in the process! They're a hot mess right now, and on the verge of political impotence IMO.

Yes, quite a bit of military air and naval traffic still flowing in and out of Guantanamo Bay Navy Base.
Yes...they need to ship or fly in food (no pork chops) and Korans for the 40 detainees that remain at Guantanamo Bay.

Yes...they need to ship or fly in food (no pork chops) and Korans for the 40 detainees that remain at Guantanamo Bay.

Now that's funny.
giphy.gif

Reactions: bornaneer
Just trying to help out Soaring Robin.....even though the pork chop reference will fly right over his head.

Reactions: atlkvb
Look, all you folks on the Left....this isn't all that complicated...

Here's how Trump can force Mexico to pay for the Wall:

http://ktar.com/story/1438668/heres...ould-force-mexico-to-pay-for-the-border-wall/

excerpt:
Renegotiating the North American Free Trade Act is arguably the simplest and most likely way to use Mexican money to refund taxpayers.
(this has already been done folks!)

...more

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/uni...mer-trump-adviser-says-us-president-will-make

excerpt:
The plan aides are piecing together would force Mexico to pay for the wall in indirect ways, including through remittance fees and tapping Mexico’s trade surplus with the United States.
(this is being hammered out as we speak)

...and still more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a5f6d3046c9a

excerpt:
Trump absolutely can make Mexico pay. And the answer lies in a provision of the corporate tax-reform plan House Republicans are planning to take up after Trump’s inauguration — the so-called “border adjustment.”

(this is already included in the budget for FY '19)

...So as you can plainly read (if any of you Leftists are capable of that) Trump's got this thing already handled! Stop your carping, and just sit back and see which option he chooses OK?

Relax Leftists...we got this!
giphy.gif

My personal opinion...among his many options, Trump will use "border adjustment fees" specifically with Mexico to pay for the Wall.

excerpt:
As economist Martin Feldstein explains, the border adjustment would raise hundreds of billions in tax revenue — not from U.S. consumers or corporations, but from our foreign trading partners. Under the border adjustment, the United States would refund the tax on exports and charge it on imports — so the net revenue would be negative if we had a trade surplus, and positive if we had a trade deficit. Because the United States has a trade deficit, Feldstein calculates the border adjustment would bring in about $120 billion a year, or $1 trillion over a decade.
...more
One of the countries with whom we have a large trade deficit is . . . Mexico. The U.S. trade deficit in goods with Mexico was $60.7 billion in 2015 and is expected to be around $65 billion in 2016. So if Mexican imports are taxed at a rate of 20 percent, the United States would raise about $13 billion a year in revenue from Mexico via the border adjustment.

How much will the wall cost? Trump has put the price at between $8 billion and $12 billion. Others have suggested it could be higher, between $15 billion and $25 billion. Either way, the full cost would be more than covered in one or two years by the $13 billion in annual revenues we would collect from Mexico. Indeed, over several years, the border adjustment could force Mexico to pay not only for the wall, but for the costs of a lot of Trump’s other border-security measures — from expediting the deportation of criminal aliens to hiring more screeners to conduct “extreme vetting.”

Full article linked above in post # 38.

(This is just my personal opinion, he may choose another option or a combination of options but one way or the other Mexico WILL indeed pay for that wall)

Fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT