ADVERTISEMENT

In Holgorsen's 8 seasons at WVU, a QB that he recruited out of high school started and won a single FBS game.

Barrow won the Heisman,
Haskins is still in development.

I'm not sure about Ohio State decision making process but Burrow is better, now.
Both are good but which one (Burrow or Haskins) will be Great is the debate.

Predicting the future is tricky,
but automatically stating Haskins was so much better than Burrow
(at that time)
might have got Urban retired, again.
Haskins was better than Burrow in 2018, and the numbers prove this fact. Burrow may be better now, but that's irrelevant. Think about being Ohio State's coach or offensive coordinator in 2018. Knowing that the loser of the QB battle would almost definitely transfer, do you start the better and healthier quarterback at the time, who was a red shirt Sophomore and had proven his mettle by having led his team to a win over Michigan in Ann Arbor the season before, or the unproven red-shirt junior coming off of a broken hand? There is no possible way that you would have started Burrow, sacrificed the 2018 season, and had the foresight to know that Burrow would blossom into a superstar in 2019. Hindsight is 20/20, and the coaching staff made the right decision AT THE TIME. He!!, in today's political climate, Urban's house would have been razed to the ground, if he had chosen the less qualified (at the time) white guy over the more accomplished African-American. LOL

Reactions: WVUALLEN and mofo
Haskins was better than Burrow in 2018, and the numbers prove this fact. Burrow may be better now, but that's irrelevant. Think about being Ohio State's coach or offensive coordinator in 2018. Knowing that the loser of the QB battle would almost definitely transfer, do you start the better and healthier quarterback at the time, who was a red shirt Sophomore and had proven his mettle by having led his team to a win over Michigan in Ann Arbor the season before, or the unproven red-shirt junior coming off of a broken hand? There is no possible way that you would have started Burrow, sacrificed the 2018 season, and had the foresight to know that Burrow would blossom into a superstar in 2019. Hindsight is 20/20, and the coaching staff made the right decision AT THE TIME. He!!, in today's political climate, Urban's house would have been razed to the ground, if he had chosen the less qualified (at the time) white guy over the more accomplished African-American. LOL

Haaa , just as an opportunity
to "goose you", some.
I agree basically what you wrote BUT,

But how many players transfer
and Then when the Heisman?

Obviously, no matter what we say here. It should be ultimately recognized as an corporate mistake by OSU --
no matter how we paint it here.

As for beating Michigan,
That simply not special anymore.

You know, the truth stings.

Wink

Last edited:
But how many players transfer
and Then when the Heisman?

As for beating Michigan,
That simply not special anymore.
Perhaps, the dumbest question ever posed on a message board is above. Read this carefully: Joe Burrow is the THIRD CONSECUTIVE Heisman Trophy winner to have transferred from another school. And, no matter how delusional you are, understand that beating Michigan's a$$ is always special. He!!, you guys still pound your chests about beating Pitt in basketball, and the Panthers are an ACC doormat now (sorry, Greg).

Perhaps, the dumbest question ever posed on a message board is above. Read this carefully: Joe Burrow is the THIRD CONSECUTIVE Heisman Trophy winner to have transferred from another school. And, no matter how delusional you are, understand that beating Michigan's a$$ is always special. He!!, you guys still pound your chests about beating Pitt in basketball, and the Panthers are an ACC doormat now (sorry, Greg).

Yep, I wondered if you noticed,

But one difference is Burrow transfer was a lateral, per say and
was (hark) from
"The Ohio State University" .

The other transfers was an upgrade.
Baker Mayfield actually "walked on" Oklahoma after transfer.

You must admit there is something to the assertion - from
The Ohio State University to LSU,
as stated above
(That in itself is not like transferring from Aka, Texas Tech).

The Ohio State University hark ultimately made a mistake.

Doubling down on stupidity, I see. You stuck your foot so deeply into your mouth that you must be choking on your toenails. Ohio State was better with Haskins than LSU was with Burrow in 2018. It's a shame that Ohio State didn't have your wisdom on its coaching staff to predict that Burrow would blossom into a superstar in 2019. You belong in the Hindsight Hall of Fame.

Doubling down on stupidity, I see. You stuck your foot so deeply into your mouth that you must be choking on your toenails. Ohio State was better with Haskins than LSU was with Burrow in 2018. It's a shame that Ohio State didn't have your wisdom on its coaching staff to predict that Burrow would blossom into a superstar in 2019. You belong in the Hindsight Hall of Fame.

The Ohio State University
let one slip away.

You're reaction obviously
"struck a NERVE", but I did find it humorous - Toe Nails.

Major Harris never transferred.

Yeah, you knew that three consecutive Heisman Trophy winners were transfers...sure you did. And, Georgia should terminate its football program because it allowed all-World Justin Fields to walk out the door. Man, take a look at Fields' numbers last season, and compare them to Jake Fromm's...Jake freaking Fromm...LOL!

I agree about Georgia....

I think Haskins wasn't a great fit for that offense.
The guy is a statue.

Look at your Running game #'s in 2018 compared to 2017 and 2019.

Burrow was a better fit. But with the injury it was difficult to say

Plus who knows what happens if he didn't transferred.

But to say Haskins was better because he put up better numbers...
Two different teams with two different schedules.

Burrow had and still has issues if the pass rush can get home
The teams he has struggled with are ones that can force him to throw the ball when he isn't ready

But quick routes can change that. LSU looked to change that plus he worked on things himself
Even with that Burrow can handle pressure. Haskins never has.

Go away, Chrissy. The 2018 numbers prove that Haskins was the better quarterback, and no amount of your spinning can change that. Being an Antifa founder, you never would have started the white kid over the more proven and better (at the time) African-American.

I thought you claimed you went to law school.

You think this argument you are attempting to make would hold up.

Not based on logic.

Haskins played on a different team in a different conference
His numbers doesn't prove he was a better QB.

Yeah, you knew that three consecutive Heisman Trophy winners were transfers...sure you did. And, Georgia should terminate its football program because it allowed all-World Justin Fields to walk out the door. Man, take a look at Fields' numbers last season, and compare them to Jake Fromm's...Jake freaking Fromm...LOL!

I remembered, after I typed it
(a few hours later - or so),
BUT but your delayed reaction ment you had to reflect yourself
or you would have jumped on that, Immediately of course.

Kyler Murray,
& Baker Mayfield stayed in Big 12.

Back to The Ohio State University,
let's face it Burrow had one of the best seasons in NCAA History at LSU, not at
The Ohio State University.

Ryan Day has his warts

Reason why Yurcich left.

Interested in seeing Justin Fields in 2020
Does he regress.

Reactions: mofo
Justin Fields had an unbelievable season at Ohio State im 2019, but did nothing at Georgia before then. Fire Kirby Smart now because he's not Nostradumba$$ like Mofo and Chrissy. Hey, Mofo, I see that you have predicted that the former MAC quarterback, who wasn't even all conference in the MAC, is destined for the NFL. Duly noted.

Ryan Day has his warts

Reason why Yurcich left.

Interested in seeing Justin Fields in 2020
Does he regress.
Ryan Day is 16-1, a Big 10 Champion, and a CFP participant. Tom Herman hasn't accomplished any of those things, and has been at Texas for at least three seasons now. Go away, Chrissy Marshall grad/fake Texass fan.

Georgia replaced their OC

They allowed Chaney to go Tennessee and then allowed the one to leave last year.

Georgia even admitted their mistakes.

But I think Georgia is comfortable in their position for whatever reason. They have a mindset they are close to a NC

We will find out.

Justin Fields had an unbelievable season at Ohio State im 2019, but did nothing at Georgia before then. Fire Kirby Smart now because he's not Nostradumba$$ like Mofo and Chrissy. Hey, Mofo, I see that you have predicted that the former MAC quarterback, who wasn't even all conference in the MAC, is destined for the NFL. Duly noted.

You see USF yesterday

Charlie Strong gutted their program. When he got the job they were a 10 win team.

I wouldn't say anything about Herman until he actually gets his players there.
Plus he is the reason why Ohio State won their NC in 2014. Without him you wouldn't even have a NC since 2002.

Don't get distracted by the discussion about The Ohio State University.

The truth, Cold Truth -
is the Big 10 (and especially
The Ohio State University), did not modernize fast enouugh.
Also, b10 has to play cold weather football.

the B12 offers - a window into the NFL future, especially because the WRs can run free unabated; therefore, b12 is an NFL breeding ground and NFL shopper's paradise.

Need
QBs, WRs, Corners and DEnds,
come - b12 shopping.

Cute, our former MAC QB Doege
looks pretty darn good, and under normal circumstances you
Ohio boys
lov to puff up the MAC
-with the feeling of empowerment .
I think Doege is NFL material because of his foot work.

Talk tomorrow
if you can digest the about summary, wink.

Goes deeper than that.

I like CJ Stroud. Watch his highlights. Was vastly underrated QB.

But Ohio State went from the best QB room to having pretty much no one after Justin Fields.
If they didn't bring in Fields....
They would have been in trouble because they are so QB dependent now

How the hell did Tate Martell get a committable offer
He sucked...
There are a few of them.

Ryan Day possibly could compete with Mullen and Herman.
If you look at success under Meyer you have a general idea how great of coaches they are.

Meyer knew who to bring in. Difference between him and Saban.
But Bama rode a SEC wave.

Regards to Dana. He was way too much like Gundy.
T Boone Pickens made Gundy and Dana was there a lot of times.
Oklahoma State jumped right in.

Decent coach but never will be great or elite.

Neither Mullen nor Herman has made it to the CFP in the many years that they have been head coaches, but Day did so in his very first season, idiot Chrissy. You know nothing about big-time college football because you attended Marshall, a biddy-league school.

Day still has Urban is charge. Urban still has a huge say on that program. Plus now he doesn't have to worry as much about actual coaching

Urban made Mullen, Herman, as well as Day. He's the common dominator, and one of the best college coaches in CFB history.

Urban won at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and Ohio State. Better than any Texas coach in your lifetime, Chris.

Dan Mullen was there for a lot of that time.
Mullen is a legit coach. Look at Miss State. He leaves and they go in the gutter. Never received his due there because Ole Miss was going at them play it is Miss State.
Schools like Texas use schools like Miss State as farm schools...

Urban skipped town when Mullen left

Urban hires the right guys for the most part.

Urban won National Championships without Mullen and without Herman. You're a stubborn fool, Chrissy. Assistant coaches don't get the credit for national titles anywhere, but in your pea-sized brain. When they win as a head coach, then run your trap, but now you're just being an idiot.

When.
Florida came back with Tim Tebow and the new OC pretty much had the entire fanbase hating him within a week.
Florida had high standards.

Florida has sucked since he left, so of course they hate him, idiot. Texas fans hate Strong and Herman for completely different reasons. Urban's record speaks for itself. You speak for nobody, but Antifa.

Florida has high standards. I think some schools are self defeating but if a coach can handle the losses and the fans they could win for an extended period of time.

Florida is almost as bad as Texas when they win. That is their standard after that

What was Florida's record under Urban, and what has it been since he left? Urban won two titles there. How many total titles has Florida won?

You are bringing something up that is irrelevant to the discussion.

Florida won a NC in 2008
A lot of that team came back with Tebow.
But Dan Mullen took the Miss State job.

Truth is for the last 15 yeah Mullen has pretty much been there for all their successful season

We will see with Day. Urban still has control over a lot of the program..
But they didn't get Ewers and they lost the reason for Fields development.

They could have a chance for a NC If Fields stays healthy

But this is their best year to win a NC. I just don't think they can

Huge hit at RB IMO. If they had a player like Bijan Robinson in depth. Maybe

You're an idiot, Chrissy. Urban Meyer won two national championships as Florida's head coach. Florida only won one undisputed title before Urban arrived in Gainesville, so its fans must be as dumb as some imbecile who creates 26 profiles on a message board. Urban won a title in Columbus as the Florida fans continued to throw tantrums because their ex- had left them.

A real lion would accept it when a more dominant lion took its territory. You're a pu$$y lying on a leather couch, Crissy.

I have broken this clown again.

Tell us how you are a lawyer again. Your law breifs probably look like a QAnon conspiracy.

Nothing you say makes sense. You like praying on the stupid. Maybe they will believe you

I have broken this clown again.

Tell us how you are a lawyer again. Your law breifs probably look like a QAnon conspiracy.

Nothing you say makes sense. You like praying on the stupid. Maybe they will believe you
The Marshall flunkie can't even spell, "brief." You are one dumb S.O.B., or is it 26 imbeciles? You undoubtedly know how to spell, "Antifa," as your biweekly checks from George Soros spell it out for you.

You are on a WVU message board being a complete homer...

I expect that on an Ohio State board. But it is disrespectful on a WV message board

Every program makes mistakes. Even Alabama. Their mistakes are becoming even more noticable though. They recruited two weirdos on the DL.
Something that wouldn't have happened 10 years ago.

Ohio State did. Tim Beck for a school like NC State may be a good OC. But he isn't an elite one. He lost that Michigan State game in 2015.
Same thing happened to Ohio State that happened to Florida.
Won a NC lost their OC and ended up not winning one the next year.
Everyone blamed the OC.

Bringing this back around to how this conversation was originally brought up.

Joe Burrow recruitment was interesting.
Ohio State didn't even want him...Mainly because he wasn't a big time recruit. But Herman knew he was an alpha. Pretty much forced Meyer to give him a scholarship.
Joe Burrow was never the guy at Ohio State.
Urban brought in guys who could evaluate QB talent.
Dan Mullen probably has the better resume than even Tom Herman.
But both are the ones who brought pretty much all the great QBs for Urban Meyer. You see their success at other places while you see a decline for Urban Meyer after they left.

Everyone gives credit to the Head Coach but a lot of times it is the assistants.
But the HC brings in the assistants.

Regarding Dana...

Like I have said. Dana at least understands modern football.
QB dependent. You are as good as your QB. Similar to the NFL.

Dana's biggest issue was he couldn't recruit his QB out of HS.

But at the end of the day it could be a Dana problem and not a WVU problem.
Because the first full recruiting cycle Neal Brown, according to some, brought in a great QB.

You are on a WVU message board being a complete homer...

I expect that on an Ohio State board. But it is disrespectful on a WV message board

Every program makes mistakes. Even Alabama. Their mistakes are becoming even more noticable though. They recruited two weirdos on the DL.
Something that wouldn't have happened 10 years ago.

Ohio State did. Tim Beck for a school like NC State may be a good OC. But he isn't an elite one. He lost that Michigan State game in 2015.
Same thing happened to Ohio State that happened to Florida.
Won a NC lost their OC and ended up not winning one the next year.
Everyone blamed the OC.

Bringing this back around to how this conversation was originally brought up.

Joe Burrow recruitment was interesting.
Ohio State didn't even want him...Mainly because he wasn't a big time recruit. But Herman knew he was an alpha. Pretty much forced Meyer to give him a scholarship.
Joe Burrow was never the guy at Ohio State.
Urban brought in guys who could evaluate QB talent.
Dan Mullen probably has the better resume than even Tom Herman.
But both are the ones who brought pretty much all the great QBs for Urban Meyer. You see their success at other places while you see a decline for Urban Meyer after they left.

Everyone gives credit to the Head Coach but a lot of times it is the assistants.
But the HC brings in the assistants.

Regarding Dana...

Like I have said. Dana at least understands modern football.
QB dependent. You are as good as your QB. Similar to the NFL.

Dana's biggest issue was he couldn't recruit his QB out of HS.

But at the end of the day it could be a Dana problem and not a WVU problem.
Because the first full recruiting cycle Neal Brown, according to some, brought in a great QB.

Excellent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT