ADVERTISEMENT

I don't understand the mentality that we should accept our

What a cop-out.
Clever, but a cop-out just the same.

I think WVU has shown a commitment to be great in football in a lot of areas. The move to the Big 12 and the cost associated with it, major investments in facilities, increased salaries and support for staff, better recruiting budgets, outstanding fundraising for the program to name a few...... Going out and hiring Dana was even part of that commitment.

Problem is the results on the field are not in line with the commitment made in those other areas and that's what is frustrating and it falls back on Dana. Dana being brought back is less about support for Dana and more about the fact WVU did not have an option lined up that would be worth spending the && on the buyout. If the AD was in full support and felt things were moving the right direction it would not have taken until now for Lyons to come out and say he would be back next year. I realize there are options still available but I appreciate that a move won't be made until Lyons and Gee have someone they really want and believe can take the next step. Because we don't want to back here in 5 or 6 years doing this again.

I realize there are options still available but I appreciate that a move won't be made until Lyons and Gee have someone they really want and believe can take the next step. Because we don't want to back here in 5 or 6 years doing this again.

That's the cold, hard reality.

J Cleese likes this..the argument room..

"You had a hole? Bah! We would have killed for a hole! We got up, worked 24 hours a day, ate dung, and liked it! At night my father beat us unconscious and then we got up did it all again! You had it soft!"

Dana is getting WVU to bowls with little more than smoke and mirrors in the toolbox. With WVU's built-in disadvantages, competing for a Big-12 Championship once or twice a decade is what's in the cards for any WVU coach for the foreseeable future.
Solid, well stated argument. If we compete for the B12 championship twice per decade, that would be really good. I just don't think Dana is the guy to do it. We really don't seem to be moving closer to competing at the top level.

I guess it would be wise for the state of WV to get behind their football team and Holgs and do everything they can to meet fans expectations. Throw the entire economy of the state at the football team. Pay Holgs a minimum of $120,000 per week and fed the team steak and lobster. Now, we just sit back and collect the wins........................and the NC..............of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT