ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley turns down more money from Pitt

Uconn is a better job and Storrs, CT is only 54 miles away from Rhode Island University. Hurley may not even have to move to take this job and make more $$$$$.

Anyone in his right mind would turn down Pitt to coach at UCONN.

to take UConn job.

Can’t say I blame him.
All my kidding and dislike of sPitt aside, I actually think it's a bad decision. The UConn men's BB brand is dated and today's kids are not going to get excited to go there to an average campus to play in the AAC. Pitt is a real city and in a decent conference, which I think is more important in the end. Neither a good choice but UConn is worse IMO.

All my kidding and dislike of sPitt aside, I actually think it's a bad decision. The UConn men's BB brand is dated and today's kids are not going to get excited to go there to an average campus to play in the AAC. Pitt is a real city and in a decent conference, which I think is more important in the end. Neither a good choice but UConn is worse IMO.

Universities are more important than conferences

Conferences do not mean a thing unless you have great universities

Reactions: lenny4wvu

Pitt administration has done so much damage to that program, maybe Hurley determined he wouldn’t be able to return Pitt basketball to relevance, let alone prominence, in any reasonable amount of time. Hell, are there even any ashes from which to rebuild Pitt?

They are responsible for 25% of the championships this decade. Yes its a complete shitshow of a conference with moving pieces every year and schools that have zero in common or history with each other, but kids commit to schools not conferences, especially in basketball where myths like "SEC Defense" and "SEC Speed" dont exist.

ACC is a good collection of Universities for a basketball coach. Pitt has shown irrational coaching moves and lack of long term vision.

You would have to think this swayed his decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT