ADVERTISEMENT

huggs respect for d'antoni

Round Hillbilly

All-Conference
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
is evident in this exchange from a few years ago

Do you want to get into it? Let's be honest. I have all the RPIs of all the people we've played this year. Going into the game Marshall was 270 in the RPI. After playing us they jumped all the way up to 237. Now, you know what that would do for us if we happen not to win? We were 36 I think it was coming into the game.

You try not to play anybody below 200, you know that. And now they want to play twice in a year? Are you kidding me? It's like I said: Why don't we do what's best for West Virginia University and the state of West Virginia. I don't think it's my job to support them. I don't think that's part of my contract.

He can say I'm afraid all he wants to say I'm afraid. I've probably coached 1,116 more games than he has. It's ridiculous to say something like that. We're afraid. Yeah, we're really afraid. It's crazy, we've beaten Duke. Mike's a pretty good coach. Was I afraid? I don't think I was afraid playing Duke. Played Boeheim. Used to play him every year. He's a pretty good coach, I wasn't afraid. Why would I be afraid?

And the thing that's most laughable, and I'll get in trouble for saying it, I know, but I'm to the point in my life where I really don't care. How about this: "We're back." That was their sixth loss in a row. "We're back". (Laughs) "We're back", alright. Honestly it becomes laughable. It's laughable. So they lose by three, "we're back." It's their sixth loss in a row. Three of them at home.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...akes-wvu-marshall-more-interesting/433968002/

Huggs should worry about his postseason record because those big coaches he talked about have championships and Huggins doesn’t and Huggins has had more talented teams at Cinci only to just blow it in the 2nd round.

Huggs should worry about his postseason record because those big coaches he talked about have championships and Huggins doesn’t and Huggins has had more talented teams at Cinci only to just blow it in the 2nd round.
Huggy does not owe Dumba$$ Danny a thing. It was Danny who said "We're back!!!!!" Danny is a used up high school coach who rode little brothers coattails for 10 years in the NBA. It was Hamrick who courted little brother for 6 weeks passing on Beilein assistant Jeff Newbour before settling on Danny who had never coached a college game in his life. I hope Huggy beats his ass by 30+ points and all this bull$hit talk by Danny will be put to rest.

Always respect your opponent. That exchange was from years ago and D’Antoni was blatantly trolling Huggs and Huggs just ended the series because seriously who needs to go back and forth in the media with a program like that, all it does is build them up and make a WVU look like a joke.

If Marshall was at a competitive level like they are now then maybe we wouldn’t have cut the cord on the series. I also hope Huggs doesn’t look down his nose at Marshall tonight because right now they are a legitimate threat. Maybe we should renew the series after tonight if the game is memorable.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Huggy does not owe Dumba$$ Danny a thing. It was Danny who said "We're back!!!!!" Danny is a used up high school coach who rode little brothers coattails for 10 years in the NBA. It was Hamrick who courted little brother for 6 weeks passing on Beilein assistant Jeff Newbour before settling on Danny who had never coached a college game in his life. I hope Huggy beats his ass by 30+ points and all this bull$hit talk by Danny will be put to rest.

What exactly has Neubauer done recently? He’s never made it past the round of 64 at EKU and he hasn’t done anything at Fordham (9-22 this past season).. sounds like Hamrick made the right decision.

What exactly has Neubauer done recently? He’s never made it past the round of 64 at EKU and he hasn’t done anything at Fordham (9-22 this past season).. sounds like Hamrick made the right decision.
Until two weeks ago, Danny had not beaten a ranked team on the road in the 4 years he has been at Marshall. He STILL has yet to beat an OOC team on the road with a winning record. Jirsa's two worst Marshall teams did manage to beat two of Beilein's teams in Charleston. All his team is good for is chucking up threes all night long. He does not encourage rebounding, especially on the offensive end, and defense. If option one is on, they can win. If option one fails, they have nothing to fall back on. You are right on one thing. Hamrick made a great decision in hiring a coach that will probably stay in Huntington until he dies AND on the cheap. Marshall will double their CtheUSA TV money from $200K to $400K next year. And only drawing 25K to a football game and 5K to a basketball game, they cannot afford to lose their 45% athletic budget that is financed by the taxpayers of West Virginia.

Man Skyhawk I understand you make some stupid ass comments but this one ranks right up there with your other gems.

Man, you are some special kind of creaton.

UNC just got bounced in the 2nd round with how many McDonald's All-American's ANNNNND Roy Williams....

I got back from San Diego last night. A lot of Dan's Dimbulb's were hollering about resuming the series before the game. Afterwards not a peep. They got a good taste of what it was like to play WVU in a game where the Mountaineer's took them seriously.

BTW, I heard the Marshall's RPI had climbed to 178 just before the game? Yep, they're an "established program".

is evident in this exchange from a few years ago

Do you want to get into it? Let's be honest. I have all the RPIs of all the people we've played this year. Going into the game Marshall was 270 in the RPI. After playing us they jumped all the way up to 237. Now, you know what that would do for us if we happen not to win? We were 36 I think it was coming into the game.

You try not to play anybody below 200, you know that. And now they want to play twice in a year? Are you kidding me? It's like I said: Why don't we do what's best for West Virginia University and the state of West Virginia. I don't think it's my job to support them. I don't think that's part of my contract.

He can say I'm afraid all he wants to say I'm afraid. I've probably coached 1,116 more games than he has. It's ridiculous to say something like that. We're afraid. Yeah, we're really afraid. It's crazy, we've beaten Duke. Mike's a pretty good coach. Was I afraid? I don't think I was afraid playing Duke. Played Boeheim. Used to play him every year. He's a pretty good coach, I wasn't afraid. Why would I be afraid?

And the thing that's most laughable, and I'll get in trouble for saying it, I know, but I'm to the point in my life where I really don't care. How about this: "We're back." That was their sixth loss in a row. "We're back". (Laughs) "We're back", alright. Honestly it becomes laughable. It's laughable. So they lose by three, "we're back." It's their sixth loss in a row. Three of them at home.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...akes-wvu-marshall-more-interesting/433968002/
Word. Thanks for digging this up.

Always respect your opponent. That exchange was from years ago and D’Antoni was blatantly trolling Huggs and Huggs just ended the series because seriously who needs to go back and forth in the media with a program like that, all it does is build them up and make a WVU look like a joke.

If Marshall was at a competitive level like they are now then maybe we wouldn’t have cut the cord on the series. I also hope Huggs doesn’t look down his nose at Marshall tonight because right now they are a legitimate threat. Maybe we should renew the series after tonight if the game is memorable.
Not really a competitive level now...they took fourth in Conference USA and then got hot in the tournament. Not exactly world beaters. And an in state “rivalry” should never be an advantage to only one team. If both teams don’t benefit then it shouldn’t be played.

You sound like a herdie. Are you? How many coaches and teams have won a title? I can tell you not many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT