ADVERTISEMENT

ACC days numbered?

I never claimed sources. It’s always been my take. You just surf the net for your take and say this is what is going to happen. Sources that go unnamed are rats. Why you want to be part of a sinking ship and or second tier is astonishing. If you are truly a WVU fan then you need to wake up.
I don’t post “ takes” in general. When something happens of interest, I post on a message board for discussion of same. Then you, a bot, shill or troll, troll me, attack me and try to derail the thread.

Playing make believe is your shtick not mine. I deal with reality and in reality WVU is in the BIG 12 and the BIG 12 still and will play football with the top of college football. Looking like the PAC is going away in the not too distant future, and as soon as enough ACC schools feel confident enough, so may the ACC. Several former PAC and ACC will probably join WVU in the third power conference. Those schools will have tv and media contracts, revenue and be able to compete for the mythical national championship of college football.

All its going to take is for one program to bite the bullet and pay the GOR exit fee. Most likely withe backing of ESPN. Why would ESPN behind the scenes support the breakup? They need more content with SEC and won't be outdone by the B1G backers.
Neither SEC nor B1G will wait till 2035 to grab teams in the lucrative East Coast markets. Say all you want about Wash, Ore, Stan but they don't compare to the top ACC programs.
The Big Ten is likely going to take some west coast programs and then add some east coast ones as they become available. They’ll take ND any day of the week and prior to anyone else if they are willing, otherwise they’ll leave them behind and move on.

Here’s information from the Charlotte Observer on what it would take to” break” the ACC GOR: https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/2...ber-needed-for-acc-teams-to-leave-conference/

The News & Observer’s C.L. Brown wrote on realignment and what it would take for the teams to get out and legally challenge the grant of rights:

The number is six.
There’s talk around the ACC that there doesn’t have to be a major upheaval for the league’s demise. If just six current members decide they want out and legally challenge the league’s grant of rights, the rest of the conference — and the deal that tethers it together — could come crumbling apart.
That’s not a guarantee that the contract signed by every ACC member, originally in 2013 then again for an amended version in 2016, can be broken. And a litigious process and potential negotiated exit fee wouldn’t happen quickly.

I don’t post “ takes” in general. When something happens of interest, I post on a message board for discussion of same. Then you, a bot, shill or troll, troll me, attack me and try to derail the thread.

Playing make believe is your shtick not mine. I deal with reality and in reality WVU is in the BIG 12 and the BIG 12 still and will play football with the top of college football. Looking like the PAC is going away in the not too distant future, and as soon as enough ACC schools feel confident enough, so may the ACC. Several former PAC and ACC will probably join WVU in the third power conference. Those schools will have tv and media contracts, revenue and be able to compete for the mythical national championship of college football.
I truly feel sorry for you if you really believe that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bag4life34
And the presidents and administrators of the Big Ten have stated they will continue to expand and their sources have told reporters that FSU is indeed under consideration as a Big Ten member. So what’s the issue? Besides the way it actually works legally is the SCHOOL(s) must approach the conference(s) first.

And voila, it is reported that FSU has done just that. Are you claiming these are lies and you know differently than FSUs President?
Who are the sources that you claim said that? Name one Big 10 president who has said that?

Last edited:
Out of those three? FSU is a far distant third. There isn't a Big 10 school even remotely close to it. MeanwhileYou have USC and UCLA on an island on the other side of the country. That automatically puts Washington, Oregon and possibly Cal (because of that twat Gov in CA) ahead of FSU as well.
They are likely to only take on 20 teams. They have 16 teams with USC and UCLA coming. At MINIMUM there are 4 teams ahead of them. Would you consider UNC and UVA below FSU?!? That is two more. FSU has picked a shitty time to suck. The SEC already has UF. They might take FSU over Miami (no way the Big 10 takes Miami...zero) but they might not. They definitely don't take both.
FSU is Below Notre Dame I wouldn't say its a distant 3rd to Clemson. Fsu and Clemson would easily be above Washington and Oregon if available. When a conference expands and chooses a team they look at the big picture over time and not a few select years. Fsu is the same distance to some of the big 10 schools as Usc/Ucla is to Oregon. The big 10 took Ucla so Usc wouldn't be out on an island. As wvuallen stated USC/Ucla have sucked but they were available. If Clemson and Fsu wouldn't have been hamstrung by the GOR it would have probably been those two that got the nod.

I would be surprised to see a team like FSU go to the B1G. Not due to athletics, but mainly due to being located within a state that already has an SEC presence. I'm not sure if the B1G and SEC have a silent agreement to not impede on one another's stomping grounds or not, but so far, it seems to be that way. However, if that's the case, then the B1G is pretty limited to the west coast, mountain state regions, and northeast, including WV.
Its only a matter of time before the Big 10 and Sec collide within the same state. The Acc has the most appealing teams left on the chess board.

Who are the sources that you claim said that? Name one Big 10 president who has said that?
Go ask the national reporters who their sources are. I’m sure they’ve just made everything up even though their careers rest on being accurate. People like you are what’s wrong in this country today— this “ alternate reality” universe where you just make up bs when you refuse to believe what’s actually going on. Good lord. Even if the sources went on national tv and spoke directly to you, you would create a fantasy spin that they were digital or some bs.

It’s not up to me to prove anything for you- it’s up to you who questions reality to disprove the facts laid out for you. You can tweet with these journalists so go ahead and tell them they are lying big guy.

Last edited:
FSU is Below Notre Dame I wouldn't say its a distant 3rd to Clemson. Fsu and Clemson would easily be above Washington and Oregon if available. When a conference expands and chooses a team they look at the big picture over time and not a few select years. Fsu is the same distance to some of the big 10 schools as Usc/Ucla is to Oregon. The big 10 took Ucla so Usc wouldn't be out on an island. As wvuallen stated USC/Ucla have sucked but they were available. If Clemson and Fsu wouldn't have been hamstrung by the GOR it would have probably been those two that got the nod.
The Big Ten is not reportedly interested in Clemson.

FSU is academically stronger than Clemson. In 2022 it's athletic dept sucks and that is what is driving this bus.
Their job isn't going to be easier with UCF moving up to the B12. UF is the top dog with Miami and FSU as a second tier. UCF will join them quickly as the negative recruiting against the ACC's status will bear fruit.

In a vacuum, the bolded line might be true, but this isn't a vacuum. Do you think there is any possible way they aren't taking at least 2 more PAC 12 teams? There are only 4 spots (there is zero way they go above 20 teams) left. They truly might be forced to take Cal if they want UCLA.

You’re the one that needs help, not I.
Anyone who lives in fantasyland like you indeed needs help. You are so troubled who won’t even admit who sends you here to post your anti WVU anti BIG 12 bs. Deeply. Troubled.

FSU is academically stronger than Clemson. In 2022 it's athletic dept sucks and that is what is driving this bus.
Their job isn't going to be easier with UCF moving up to the B12. UF is the top dog with Miami and FSU as a second tier. UCF will join them quickly as the negative recruiting against the ACC's status will bear fruit.

In a vacuum, the bolded line might be true, but this isn't a vacuum. Do you think there is any possible way they aren't taking at least 2 more PAC 12 teams? There are only 4 spots (there is zero way they go above 20 teams) left. They truly might be forced to take Cal if they want UCLA.
Where do you come up with FSU athletic dept sucking? What are you basing that on? UCF's move to the Big 12 has no bearing on FSU. UCF is small time in comparison to FSU. FSU's Brand and potential are far superior to anything that remains in the Pac 12.

Last edited:
Anyone who lives in fantasyland like you indeed needs help. You are so troubled who won’t even admit who sends you here to post your anti WVU anti BIG 12 bs. Deeply. Troubled.
You are truly an freaking idiot. Sorry I believe the Big12 is in trouble one way or another. And as for being anti-WVU, how you came to that conclusion is really stupid. You must only read what you want. Because WVU and the Big12 are separate. You are one big crybaby 😂. Someone sending me? That’s laughable. You just want only your narrative on here and that’s it, so you think what your spinning is the truth.

You are truly an freaking idiot. Sorry I believe the Big12 is in trouble one way or another. And as for being anti-WVU, how you came to that conclusion is really stupid. You must only read what you want. Because WVU and the Big12 are separate. You are one big crybaby 😂. Someone sending me? That’s laughable. You just want only your narrative on here and that’s it, so you think what your spinning is the truth.
WVU is not separate from the BIG 12, WVU is a full member of the BIG 12 conference. It’s where WVU derives it’s television agreements, most of it’s opponents and a huge portion of its revenues. Via the BIG 12 membership WVU has access to the NCAA tournament, multiple bowl agreements and access to the playoff among many other things critical for the survival of the athletic department.

That you don’t comprehend these basic things proves how little you know of WVU or the BIG 12 and again calls into question what exactly you are doing here? Your narrative agenda is both anti WVU and anti BIG 12 and doesn’t belong here. No one who refuses to admit who they support should even be allowed to post on WVU or BIg 12 boards to shill for someone else. Obviously you don’t believe your own b.s. because you are ashamed to admit whose views you are pushing here. Obviously neither WVUs nor the WVUs conference.

Last edited:
Once again who is the Big 10 source that said that?
Ask the national sports reporters who stated which schools their sources reported the B10 conference is interested in from the ACC -as I told you Numerous times. What are you afraid of? Go on twitter and you can post that they are lying about their sources. Attacking me isn’t going to change the FSU presidents mind or keep the Big Ten or Sec from adding ACC schools. Oh that’s right, anything about the ACC is fake news if it conflicts with your agenda laden viewpoint.

Last edited:
WVU is not separate from the BIG 12, WVU is a full member of the BIG 12 conference. It’s where WVU derives it’s television agreements, most of it’s opponents and a huge portion of its revenues. Via the BIG 12 membership WVU has access to the NCAA tournament, multiple bowl agreements and access to the playoff among many other things critical for the survival of the athletic department.

That you don’t comprehend these basic things proves how little you know of WVU or the BIG 12 and again calls into question what exactly you are doing here? Your narrative agenda is both anti WVU and anti BIG 12 and doesn’t belong here. No one who refuses to admit who they support should even be allowed to post on WVU or BIg 12 boards to shill for someone else. Obviously you don’t believe your own b.s. because you are ashamed to admit whose views you are pushing here. Obviously neither WVUs nor the WVUs conference.
I do understand idiot. That’s why we need out of the Big12. Cause if we stay in this tier 2 conference our athletics department will suffer. And you’re no wvu fan because you want us to sink by staying in the Big12. And your ignorant rhetoric about I’m working for something is laughable on its face. You keep bringing that up must mean you are working for an outside interest who is afraid of WVU and it’s potential and wants to see it sink into irrelevancy. You are the classic tool and troll.

Ask the national sports reporters who stated whicy schools their sources reported the B10 conference is interested in from the ACC -as I told you Numerous times. What are you afraid of? Go on twitter and you can post that they are lying about their sources. Attacking me isn’t going to change the FSU presidents mind or keep the Big Ten or Sec from adding ACC schools. Oh that’s right, anything about the ACC is fake news if it conflicts with your agenda laden viewpoint.
Anonymous Sources are about trustworthy as politicians

From what I‘ve read, the Big Ten is interested in BOTH FSU AND MIAMI. Which makes sense since you don’t want one or the other isolated. FSU has met with both the SEC and Big Ten from various reports. That’s from SEC and Big Ten sources not from those schools alone if at all.

Every ACC team may not be offered a spot somewhere else Of course, but all could do better elsewhere including in the BIG 12.

The Big Ten has time to wait, but it’s the SEC that is more in question here. They may not desire to wait until 2036 and the SEC really has to land certain ACC schools to land more lucrative deals to keep pace with the Big Ten.

Certainly FSU and others don’t want to wait. It’s likely very wishful thinking on the part of ACC fandom that schools and more powerful conferences will wait 14 years and hundreds of millions of dollars before something gives. By then the ACC schools will be a distant afterthought in CFB which had moved on a decade before.
It’s not wishful thinking or ACC fandom. It’s wishful thinking because you’re butt hurt. I wish you guys were in the ACC. Miami and FSU would already be in the B1G if they had a way out of the GOR. And who knows maybe they will challenge it in court. However, to this point that hasn’t happened.

Last edited:
It’s not wishful thinking or ACC fandom. It’s wishful thinking because you’re are butt hurt. I wish you guys were in the ACC. Miami and FSU would already be in the B1G if they had a way out of the GOR. And who knows maybe they will challenge it in court. However, to this point that hasn’t happened.
Butt hurt? About what exactly? WVU has done far better from a financial point than anyone in the ACC by being in the BIG 12. WVU also is not stuck in the low pay ACC through 2036 if it doesn‘t fall apart before then- which most think it will.

Miami and FSU can’t escape the GOR themselves and the Big Ten has made and is making other moves first. USC and UCLA helped the B10 get their enormous contracts. Now they are waiting on ND and figuring out which other schools are the most valuable to add. If you think the SEC is just sitting back and watching them and thinking of no moves they can make— hahahahahahahaha.

The B10 won’t add 8 ACC schools and the SeC probably doesn’t want to do that either. So once 8 schools figure out where to go and who will take them - then the gates will open up. Might happen tomorrow, could happen early 2030s but it’s just a matter of time.

Dont worry Pitt will likely be absorbed by the BIG 12 to go along with some other ACC and PAC schools at that time.

The Big Ten is likely going to take some west coast programs and then add some east coast ones as they become available. They’ll take ND any day of the week and prior to anyone else if they are willing, otherwise they’ll leave them behind and move on.
I don't know that Wash or Ore bring more value than any of the ACC schools that B1G is looking at. Yes, it would be nice for USC/UCLA to have partners out west, but it's all about the money. East coast FL to VA provide a HUGE market and cut into the SEC dominance.

Now ...... Domers are a difference maker. Take Domers in a heartbeat. And maybe, just maybe Domers say bring Stanford along or we are out. Long history between those two schools. Then to get to 20 only 2 ACC schools poached to the B1G.

Anonymous Sources are about trustworthy as politicians
Evidence to support that? You won’t even state who you support on an anonymous message board and you are actually trying to sell that school and conference officials should allow themselves to be named publicly- which could destroy the negotiations and ruin an expansion and get people fired.

There's too damn many politics going on with all this shit, so hard to tell how it will all shake out. Despite not being a household name, it seems that Georgia Tech would be a school a money hungry conference/tv media would want to acquire. Atlanta market is pretty damn big, albeit, lots of Dawgs live in Atlanta. Thinking the B1G network would kind of like being on the cable lineups in Atlanta, just as they did with New York, just as they did with Washington, DC, and just as they did with Los Angeles. Don't forget about GT during the next round of expansion.

Butt hurt? About what exactly? WVU has done far better from a financial point than anyone in the ACC by being in the BIG 12. WVU also is not stuck in the low pay ACC through 2036 if it doesn‘t fall apart before then- which most think it will.

Miami and FSU can’t escape the GOR themselves and the Big Ten has made and is making other moves first. USC and UCLA helped the B10 get their enormous contracts. Now they are waiting on ND and figuring out which other schools are the most valuable to add. If you think the SEC is just sitting back and watching them and thinking of no moves they can make— hahahahahahahaha.

The B10 won’t add 8 ACC schools and the SeC probably doesn’t want to do that either. So once 8 schools figure out where to go and who will take them - then the gates will open up. Might happen tomorrow, could happen early 2030s but it’s just a matter of time.

Dont worry Pitt will likely be absorbed by the BIG 12 to go along with some other ACC and PAC schools at that time.
Here is the bottom line. Nobody knows what is going to happen until it happens. The best thing our schools can do to enhance their place in this environment is win games. Concentrate on what you can control and don’t worry about the things you can’t.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Evidence to support that? You won’t even state who you support on an anonymous message board and you are actually trying to sell that school and conference officials should allow themselves to be named publicly- which could destroy the negotiations and ruin an expansion and get people fired.
Your rhetoric is false and getting old.

I don't know that Wash or Ore bring more value than any of the ACC schools that B1G is looking at. Yes, it would be nice for USC/UCLA to have partners out west, but it's all about the money. East coast FL to VA provide a HUGE market and cut into the SEC dominance.

Now ...... Domers are a difference maker. Take Domers in a heartbeat. And maybe, just maybe Domers say bring Stanford along or we are out. Long history between those two schools. Then to get to 20 only 2 ACC schools poached to the B1G.
I think that the Big Ten has already moved west, so they have made a decision and probably need to complete that. California is presenting some issues for the UCLA add so they may need to add Cal for that. UCLA and USC also need travel partners.

That said, from reports Notre Dame is their primary target.

Maybe along with ND certain schools make sense and without other schools make sense. From what I’ve read I believe they’ll take the western schools and then continue expanding as they see value but as targets:

ND
Oregon
Washington
California
Stanford
FSU
Miami

You might throw a UNC or UVA or even GT in there but that’s only if they want an even number of schools. Since they are discussing going divisionless maybe there’s no need for that.

Last edited:
Your rhetoric is false and getting old.
It’s only getting old because you won’t admit who you are speaking for and don’t want other readers here to know- and of course so you can try to derail another thread when your ACC is being discussed.

Here is the bottom line. Nobody knows what is going to happen until it happens. The best thing our schools can do to enhance their place in this environment is win games. Concentrate on what you can control and don’t worry about the things you can’t.
Someone knows what is happening and slowly but surely they tell us and take actions. Pretending it’s not happening with the power brokers because you think that will hold your conference together is laughable.

Is the Pac-12 hanging by a thread?

Sports Illustrated's Kevin Borba writes: "All of this is occurring as the Pac-12 is still in the midst of their media rights negotiations, but if they lose one more school you could very well kiss the conference goodbye. Not only are there Pac-12 schools on the radar of the Big Ten, but schools such as Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Arizona State have all generated interest from the Big 12. The Big Ten continues to be on the offensive side and surging towards 20 teams, while the Pac-12 who is familiar with the tail in-between their legs position is on some sort of defense."

Which Pac-12 schools could go to the Big 12?

Brett McMurphy of Action Network wrote: "If Oregon and others from the Pac-12 leave for the Big Ten, the Big 12 has targeted Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Arizona State as potential members, sources said. While all this is ongoing, the Pac-12 is trying to acquire its new media rights deal, starting in 2024."

What are the odds of a Pac-12 Conference collapse?

Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News answered a question about the odds of the Pac-12 potentially collapsing if Stanford, Cal, Washington and Oregon left for the Big Ten.

He wrote: "100 percent. In that scenario, a total of six schools would be headed to the Big Ten, and the Four Corners (Arizona, ASU, Colorado and Utah) would undoubtedly leave for the Big 12. Sure, the conference could reform with Oregon State, Washington State and a slew of Mountain West schools, but it would be the Pac-12 in name only."

Above comes from AZ Central.com

I do understand idiot. That’s why we need out of the Big12. Cause if we stay in this tier 2 conference our athletics department will suffer. And you’re no wvu fan because you want us to sink by staying in the Big12. And your ignorant rhetoric about I’m working for something is laughable on its face. You keep bringing that up must mean you are working for an outside interest who is afraid of WVU and it’s potential and wants to see it sink into irrelevancy. You are the classic tool and troll.
You are a juvenile sounding basement dweller. WVU has no control over which conference it ends up in...except the Big12. You are totally clueless about sports....business...or politics. Of course your simpleton arguments coincide with you being anti Christian, anti WV, anti white and pro Antifa, pro handout, and uneducated.

I think that the Big Ten has already moved west, so they have made a decision and probably need to complete that. California is presenting some issues for the UCLA add so they may need to add Cal for that. UCLA and USC also need travel partners.

That said, from reports Notre Dame is their primary target.

Maybe along with ND certain schools make sense and without other schools make sense. From what I’ve read I believe they’ll take the western schools and then continue expanding as they see value but as targets:

ND
Oregon
Washington
California
Stanford
FSU
Miami

You might throw a UNC or UVA or even GT in there but that’s only if they want an even number of schools. Since they are discussing going divisionless maybe there’s no need for that.
Notre Dame is expected to land a new TV contract that would give the Irish a major boost in revenue and also guarantee Notre Dame remain an independent team for football.

"Sources say the school should expect around $60 million per year from a new contract -- though it’s hard to predict how the media business will look three years from now." - Ourand

Notre Dame remaining independent would mean there is no need to get out of the ACC deal, which means the Irish would still get over $10 million per year from its deal with the ACC on top of the reported number from Ourland. That would put the Irish over $70 million per year if the report is accurate.

Notre Dame's current deal with NBC runs through the 2024 season, so there is still a lot of time before a new deal needed to be inked. It would be a bit surprising to see Notre Dame sign a new deal this early, especially with other networks still looking to expand their college football reach. As long as Notre Dame remained open for business it could be in position to ramp up the asking price.

It's all speculation at this point, but we are hearing enough reports with numbers being thrown around to confidently say Notre Dame is looking to get a huge boost in revenue whenever it does in fact sign. This is especially true when you consider the apparel deal with Under Armour runs out before the TV deal does, which means the Irish will sign a huge apparel deal in the near future as well.

It certainly puts Notre Dame in great financial position for its athletics department, which only increases the chances that Notre Dame remain independent for football.

~John Ourand reported this 1 week ago

Just 1 hour ago
John Ourand reported

New Big Ten TV deals spell out increase in price should Notre Dame join league

CBS, Fox and NBC know exactly how much extra they will have to pay as part of their rights deals with the Big Ten if the conference were to land Notre Dame within the next seven years. That specific dollar figure, which is not publicly known, is spelled out in the contracts. No other school is mentioned in these deals by name, and the contracts do not assign a dollar figure to any other school that may join the conference, according to sources. Notre Dame is the only school that has specific language about escalators. If, say, the Big Ten adds two West Coast teams, the networks have agreed to have good-faith conversations with the conference about opening their deals and adjusting their rights fees. However, the specific increases are not spelled out in the contract language. Having a specific number attached to Notre Dame provides the conference and the Fighting Irish with some certainly for the value of their rights if the Irish do decide to join the Big Ten.

Is the Pac-12 hanging by a thread?

Sports Illustrated's Kevin Borba writes: "All of this is occurring as the Pac-12 is still in the midst of their media rights negotiations, but if they lose one more school you could very well kiss the conference goodbye. Not only are there Pac-12 schools on the radar of the Big Ten, but schools such as Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Arizona State have all generated interest from the Big 12. The Big Ten continues to be on the offensive side and surging towards 20 teams, while the Pac-12 who is familiar with the tail in-between their legs position is on some sort of defense."

Which Pac-12 schools could go to the Big 12?

Brett McMurphy of Action Network wrote: "If Oregon and others from the Pac-12 leave for the Big Ten, the Big 12 has targeted Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Arizona State as potential members, sources said. While all this is ongoing, the Pac-12 is trying to acquire its new media rights deal, starting in 2024."

What are the odds of a Pac-12 Conference collapse?

Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News answered a question about the odds of the Pac-12 potentially collapsing if Stanford, Cal, Washington and Oregon left for the Big Ten.

He wrote: "100 percent. In that scenario, a total of six schools would be headed to the Big Ten, and the Four Corners (Arizona, ASU, Colorado and Utah) would undoubtedly leave for the Big 12. Sure, the conference could reform with Oregon State, Washington State and a slew of Mountain West schools, but it would be the Pac-12 in name only."

Above comes from AZ Central.com
That is not going to save the Big12 from being a tier 2 conference, the only tier one conferences are the SEC and the B1G.

It’s only getting old because you won’t admit who you are speaking for and don’t want other readers here to know- and of course so you can try to derail another thread when your ACC is being discussed.
Continuously repeating your lies will not make it true.
Now who do you work for?

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Ask the national sports reporters who stated which schools their sources reported the B10 conference is interested in from the ACC -as I told you Numerous times. What are you afraid of? Go on twitter and you can post that they are lying about their sources. Attacking me isn’t going to change the FSU presidents mind or keep the Big Ten or Sec from adding ACC schools. Oh that’s right, anything about the ACC is fake news if it conflicts with your agenda laden viewpoint.
These national sportswriters that you speak of are they the ones who told us that Wvu was going to the ACC? Kansas and Iowa State to the Big 10? 99% of what these guys write never comes to be. You of all people should know this. If it happens it happens until then stop fantasizing over it.

Reactions: bag4life34
Once again who is the Big 10 source that said that?
Common sense. They are a geographic stretch in a conference that is already overstretched. They have a redneck rep. Plus they have been better than any team in the Big 10 for the better part of the past decade. OSU and Michigan will have 0% to do with this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT