ADVERTISEMENT

ACC days numbered?

Where do you come up with FSU athletic dept sucking? What are you basing that on? UCF's move to the Big 12 has no bearing on FSU. UCF is small time in comparison to FSU. FSU's Brand and potential are far superior to anything that remains in the Pac 12.
1) What sport are they good at....right now? I'll wait.
2) FSU Football is already running at best a third spot in the state of FL. UCF has a much more stable conference now. I'm not saying UCF is going to run the state. I am absolutely saying that they will take some recruits from FSU and it will get worse once Clemson is gone.
3) What has UCF done ON THE FIELD in the past 5 years? When was the last time FSU was even in a bowl game?!?
4) You do realize this isn't 1995...right? Dementia is tough, but I'm also not insisting that you take the idiotic side to this argument.

Quit being stupid. NOBODY is saying B12will get B1G or SEC money. And only a FOOL thinks WVU will get an invite to either of those conferences.
Quit being naive. I never said anything about money. Big12 will be second tier if they do continue on. If WVU doesn’t get into the SEC, then national relevance will be gone.

1) What sport are they good at....right now? I'll wait.
2) FSU Football is already running at best a third spot in the state of FL. UCF has a much more stable conference now. I'm not saying UCF is going to run the state. I am absolutely saying that they will take some recruits from FSU and it will get worse once Clemson is gone.
3) What has UCF done ON THE FIELD in the past 5 years? When was the last time FSU was even in a bowl game?!?
4) You do realize this isn't 1995...right? Dementia is tough, but I'm also not insisting that you take the idiotic side to this argument.
What the hell has Texas done lately only 3 top 25 finishes in the last 10 years but that didn't stop the Sec from wanting them. What the hell has USC done lately only 5 top 25 finishes in the last decade but that didn't stop the Big 10 from wanting. Fsu has 5 top 25 finishes in the last 10 years and one includes a national championship. I don't see any national championships on Texas or USC wall. If your going to talk about dementia then maybe you forgot about FSU championship in 2013 which is not 1995. The bottom line is The Sec chose Texas because of the their Brand and what they can be at their best. Just like the Big 10 chose USC. When FSU is at their best they can win in any conference in the country, FSU's brand and potential is far superior to anything remaining in the pac 12. As long as Fsu and Clemson remain the Acc they are above the Big 12. UCF is a distant 4th in the state of Florida. The only people who can't see that have dementia.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
My guess? FSU is slightly exaggerating the interest of the SEC and Big 10. I'm sure they are taking the call, but their basketball is shit and their football has fallen on desperate times. If they suck again, they might be praying the Big 12 returns their calls.
Why didn't answer why you thought FSU's basketball was shit? They made it to the sweet 16 in 2021 and finished ranked 10th and 14th respectively in the polls. Did you forget because of dementia?

Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
@TalChamber

@PresMcCullough
on #FSU conference affiliation: "It's something I'm spending a lot of time on and we're getting a lot of help. We're trying to do anything we can to think about how we remain competitive. Florida State is expected to win. We're going to be very aggressive."

1:59 PM · Aug 20, 2022·Twitter Web App

In July, NoleGameday reported that Florida State is in the process of exploring a move to a new conference. The Seminoles have had discussions with the SEC and Big Ten since last summer. Both conferences have displayed an interest in adding the university to their group of current members, along with other schools in the ACC.

For the first time, Florida State University President Richard McCollough commented on where the Seminoles stand in conference realignment. While speaking at the Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce Conference on Saturday, McCollough said that Florida State will be very aggressive in its pursuit to remain competitive.

"It's something I'm spending a lot of time on and we're getting a lot of help," McCollough said. "We're trying to do anything we can to think about how we remain competitive. Florida State is expected to win. We're going to be very aggressive."
The ACC might invite WVU to join after FSU, UNC, UVA, Clemmons, and Miami leave. WVU has begged to join the ACC since at least the 1970's.

The ACC might invite WVU to join after FSU, UNC, UVA, Clemmons, and Miami leave. WVU has begged to join the ACC since at least the 1970's.
Learn your history before talking bullshit.

Since when did Clemmons join the ACC.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Difficult to say when the ACC will be broken up. Not difficult to say if it will be.

The SEC will land more money in the new playoff so that is probably when something will happen.

Difficult to say when the ACC will be broken up. Not difficult to say if it will be.

The SEC will land more money in the new playoff so that is probably when something will happen.
The expanded playoffs won't happen for a while. The non-SEC/Big 10 teams aren't going to essentially hand over even more money to those guys. All that would do is motivate their own members to want to leave even more than they are already.
The teams that will depart the NCAA (assuming SEC/B10/B12) will obviously vote to expand once they all get to 20 teams each. Then they will negotiate something with the leftovers and then it will happen. Again, I'll guess by 2030 at the latest.

If the non-SEC/B10 conferences agree to this before hand they are both greedy and stupid. Taking a short term cash grab in a move that would 100% destroy their conferences would be hysterical to watch. Holding out will at least delay the inevitable.

The expanded playoff will begin in 2026. The current deal expires and they won’t just keep the same thing in place. Conferences will sign on because it’s much more money. This huge increase in revenue and better access for some will probably push more realignment.

The expanded playoffs won't happen for a while. The non-SEC/Big 10 teams aren't going to essentially hand over even more money to those guys. All that would do is motivate their own members to want to leave even more than they are already.
The teams that will depart the NCAA (assuming SEC/B10/B12) will obviously vote to expand once they all get to 20 teams each. Then they will negotiate something with the leftovers and then it will happen. Again, I'll guess by 2030 at the latest.

If the non-SEC/B10 conferences agree to this before hand they are both greedy and stupid. Taking a short term cash grab in a move that would 100% destroy their conferences would be hysterical to watch. Holding out will at least delay the inevitable.
Until now, it was expected that the CFP format would expand from four to 12 teams, but now the power brokers in the room are looking for even more.

There is "increased chatter" that the College Football Playoff could expand to 16 teams instead, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey told ESPN.

That nugget of information follows another report that Big Ten athletic directors also brought up the possibility of a 16 team playoff in their recent meetings.

Ohio State AD Gene Smith acknowledged that sentiment, saying, "Sixteen just seems to be out there. You can't ignore it."

That's certainly a change from earlier this year, when the College Football Playoff voted against expansion seemingly for the next few years.

College Football Playoff expansion is off until 2025 (at least)​

After months of debate, meetings, and behind the scenes negotiations, the College Football Playoff announced it will stay at four teams through the end of its current contract, after the 2025 season.

That decision cost the 10 FBS conferences and Notre Dame around $450 million or more in potential revenue, according to most reporting.

The move to expand — which requires a unanimous vote — was put down by an 8-3 margin, with the Big Ten, Pac-12, and ACC voting against the expansion proposal.

Why did the vote fail? There are several reported reasons, including

• inability to accommodate the Pac-12 relationship with the Rose Bowl, which wants to maintain its traditional Jan. 1 date and media rights,
  • protracted disagreements over distribution of future revenue
  • disputes over whether Power 5 conference champions should get automatic bids to an expanded playoff — the Big Ten is in favor, while the others are not
But with all the changes that took place this offseason, including the latest phase of college football realignment, the mood in the room may be shifting.

Wow they are really grabbing the money and ignoring the fact that they very likely just sealed their own demise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT