ADVERTISEMENT

How would you rank the WVU athletic teams

WVUFanForever

All-American
Oct 1, 2004
At this very moment in time....how would you rank the success of WVU athletic teams.

My take.
1. Rifle
2. Women's Soccer
3. Baseball
4. Women's Basketball
5. Football
6. Men's Soccer
7. Men's Basketball

Last edited:
Well the rifle has been most successful for decades. But I don't really watch any of the other sports so not familiar enough to give any kind of rating.

Why ask the question? If you just want to rank them by won loss records last year then do it. But...it's kind of comparing apples to say...lamb chops.

Because it is about WVU and since this is a WVU message board we talk about WVU

What do you want to talk about Rootmaster?
More negatively and personal attacks.

Why ask the question? If you just want to rank them by won loss records last year then do it. But...it's kind of comparing apples to say...lamb chops.
Lord I had no idea this thread would be an ass-sore to everyone. I was asking your opinion of the most current successful...but if you just want to base it on records....fine.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Football

Men’s b-ball

Also agree with Allen I don’t keep up with anything else, although I did watch a little baseball this season.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I only watch Pitt so I don't know
I just post on here because I think am superior because I am a Pitt fan and we are in the ACC and you are not because you are a WVU fan.
Don't you want to be just like me.

This is an easy one.

1 - Women’s Volleyball
2 - Women’s Soccer
3 - Women’s Basketball
4 - Women’s Gymnastics
5 - Everybody else.

Take it easy on fan4ever. Greg and I have been working diligently on improving his posting style, so this is the former band geeks first attempt at bringing sports chatter to the forum. Though a lame first attempt, give him some time. He's watching us, so with a little hope, our expertise will run off on him.

Try to have a better take next time, 4ever. We're pulling for you. You're a slight notch above still5, but you have lots of room for improvement. Good luck to ya, pal.

This is an easy one.

1 - Women’s Volleyball
2 - Women’s Soccer
3 - Women’s Basketball
4 - Women’s Gymnastics
5 - Everybody else.

My apologies to Women’s Cross Country. You definitely rank in the Top 5. Somewhere between 2 & 5. But Volleyball remains at number 1.

Sports you play in the Big 12

Women's soccer
Men's and women's basketball

Definitely Top 3.

Programs getting better
Baseball
Men's Golf

Your Men's Golf team is really making a jump.

But the athletic department is improving.
The competition of the Big East wasn't great for WVU.
Plus the extra money is helping.

You are obviously thinking of the latter years of Big East. Up until Miami, VT and BC left that was a very tough league.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Miami didn't play baseball in the BigEast
That is how much they thought of that conference in that sport.

Boston College is good at hockey a sport WV doesn't play

VT=???

Not talking about football.
The BigEast didn't provide the competition needed for certain sports.

At this very moment in time....how would you rank the success of WVU athletic teams.

My take.
1. Rifle
2. Women's Soccer
3. Baseball
4. Women's Basketball
5. Football
6. Men's Soccer
7. Men's Basketball

Is revenue and popularity considered. If so has to be Football, Basketball and baseball in that order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT