ADVERTISEMENT

Holgerson: Lucky to Have Him.

His son did not grow up in Houston. His son is currently the quarterback for Mogantown High.

He was an assistant under Sumlim. Houston is not going to hire Dana Holgorson at 3 million a year when they have much cheaper options available. The only established coach out there they may consider is Briles. They will most likely hire Lincoln Riley or Gilbert or some other up and comer just like they did when sumlin and Briles where up and comers. If Dana Holgorson ends up being successful he will look to make the move To a top level Sec, Big 10 job. The only way he would go to Houston would be for added job security and less money.

I disagree. If Herman goes, Holgs would be on their short list.

The issue is that DH has beaten "some good to great teams", not what any other coach has done, so don't try to avoid the issue by trying to divert to others' past performance as it has nothing to do with your assertion.

Outside of the Orange Bowl and the one Big East season, Big 12 performance has not shown the consistent ability to beat "some good to great teams". In fact the record shows that the WVU FB team under DH has been able to beat one and sometimes two "good to great teams" per season, mixing in a victory or two with the unranked Big 12 opponents and consistently beating the bottom dwellers (with the exception of the 2013 team). All the other wins are the OOC teams that have been selected to take a early season beating. The one exception of opening against Alabama in Atlanta (which was actually a great performance against a great team).

So I would agree with you if the record showed that the WVU FB team under DH could consistently beat good to great teams every season, not just once in a while, which is where we are now.

Beat TTU, UT, OU and oSu this season and we'll talk again.
You are asking a lot right there.

But that's not an equitable comparison and "learning your job" is subjective in this example.

And besides, how could it POSSIBLY take you 2 years to learn how to stock shelves at Krogers?

You funny guy. Me LMAO over you comment. Few Kroger stores in GA. Mostly Publix stores. You obviously know nothing!:boxing::boxing::boxing:[roll]

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Holgorson is not a hot commodity and Houston isn't paying 3 million for a coach that wins 7-8 games a year.
Once again, more assumptions from you. You do not know what you're talking about. Trust me, a Big 12 coach who is 9-1 counting a bowl victory is going to be a candidate at other schools.

Reactions: MountThis1
-
Once again, more assumptions from you. You do not know what you're talking about. Trust me, a Big 12 coach who is 9-1 counting a bowl victory is going to be a candidate at other schools.

All we have is assumptions from you as well. You like to point out the 9-1 record in the last ten games. How many of those teams had winning records? allot of average coaches could go 9-1 and probably 10-0 against that weak competition. Please tell me where all Holgorson's job offers are. Why has holgorson failed to get a contract extension? Why are the national media speculating that holgorson could get canned if he doesn't produce this year? None of this suggests that Holgorson is in a position of strength.

Last edited:
Who has tried to take Hogy from WVU? Seriously I haven't seen or heard any real programs coming this coach or staff.

I don't know anyone that's tried to hire this guy away but you usually have to be winning in the double digits to attract the attention of the bigger programs. Allot of people stated that Pitt tried to hire Holgorson originally and that wvu stole him. I don't think too many Pitt fans are upset about losing out on this one.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I guarantee if Holgs wins 8+ games this year and Texas hires Herman, Houston will come a calling for Dana. Its almost a certainty.

So my question stands! Who has tried? And, don't make guarantees. Makes you seem dumb and you probably aren't.

I don't know anyone that's tried to hire this guy away but you usually have to be winning in the double digits to attract the attention of the bigger programs. Allot of people stated that Pitt tried to hire Holgorson originally and that wvu stole him. I don't think too many Pitt fans are upset about losing out on this one.

Agree. I'm not looking to take a shot a Holgy. I actually believe he's a decent fit for this job in this conference. But to the moron Mountineer robust that are delutional..........Aaahahahahaha overrating the desire other ADs have for Holgy to lead their programs.

Why trust you? You are just a Rivals member right? Hogy is not very polished and comes with personality and behavior challenges for an AD. No different than Huggy Bear. Holgy is not right for everyone. You need to get your math adjusted. There's more than 10 games this season. Get your head in the game.

Why trust you? You are just a Rivals member right? Hogy is not very polished and comes with personality and behavior challenges for an AD. No different than Huggy Bear. Holgy is not right for everyone. You need to get your math adjusted. There's more than 10 games this season. Get your head in the game.
Maybe you should get your head in the game. I'm talking about the last 10 games that span from last year into this year. Dana is 9-1 in that span.

-

All we have is assumptions from you as well. You like to point out the 9-1 record in the last ten games. How many of those teams had winning records? allot of average coaches could go 9-1 and probably 10-0 against that weak competition. Please tell me where all Holgorson's job offers are. Why has holgorson failed to get a contract extension? Why are the national media speculating that holgorson could get canned if he doesn't produce this year? None of this suggests that Holgorson is in a position of strength.
And you know Dana has not had any offers? Care to provide the proof? You're full of shit as usual.

And you know Dana has not had any offers? Care to provide the proof? You're full of shit as usual.

You can't provide proof of anything. If Dana was in as high demand as you claim him to be and his relationship with his boss is estranged as some on here claim then a smart man would have already left. You still have failed to answer the question. In the last 10 games how many of those teams that Dana has beaten have winning records? You're mouth smells like a paper mill every time you open it up.

RobinHood- you are not correct. When Dana coached in Houston his kids were with his ex in Midland. His brother lives in Houston and His son is currently the QB at NW Mississippi CC after transferring from Memphis.

[QUOTE="AllEers6, post: 1289487, member: 4774". I will agree with some that TCU transitioned better then we did and that still is a little surprising to me. [/QUOTE]

TCU recruits Texas. TCU has the same coach and pretty much the same staff for 16 years. TCU is 22-14 in the Big 12. TCU has had 2 good seasons in a row and failed to make the playoffs. TCU is on they way back down the ladder. Holgorson to Houston will not happen. Nobody will come for him unless he strings 8 or 9 regular season records in a row for at least 4 years not counting bowl games. The man has a long way to go but is heading in right direction. Will he be able to stay to finish is anybodies guess.

Can you provide proof that he HAS had offers?
I didnt make a fact-less claim as you did. I have no idea. However, common sense would tell you, a 9-1 record including a bowl win, would afford a coach interest from other schools. If you can prove otherwise, provide it.

You can't provide proof of anything. If Dana was in as high demand as you claim him to be and his relationship with his boss is estranged as some on here claim then a smart man would have already left. You still have failed to answer the question. In the last 10 games how many of those teams that Dana has beaten have winning records? You're mouth smells like a paper mill every time you open it up.
Maybe because he isnt actively pursuing other jobs. Try using your head for something more than a hat rack.

I heard it and casting it as a "shot" at Lyons is your choice. It did not strike me that way at all.

If Holgorsen is anything he is forthright when it comes to talking about his team and the games. Publicly acknowledging that the AD, who could be getting flack from some boosters, would be happy about finally beating TCU is just his way of acknowledging the state of things.
I agree with you, it was just a mater of fact statement and did not appear to be a shot at Lyons.

What did he say that was a shot at Lyons
There was no shot, but his comment was the following
Even though the drought versus K-State has been a pain in his backside, not to mention a threat to his future employment, Holgorsen denied taking special satisfaction.

“I haven’t obsessed over that,” he said. “I know you guys (media members) probably have, Shane probably has.”

I thought the bigger shot was when asked if wins like this gives him a "bump"? The reply with a smirk was, "Well, we'll see at the end of the year." (Glances around the room).

That had to be a shot at Lyons and more so than the afore mentioned comment.
how is that a shot?

I didnt make a fact-less claim as you did. I have no idea. However, common sense would tell you, a 9-1 record including a bowl win, would afford a coach interest from other schools. If you can prove otherwise, provide it.

I didn't make the claim, someone else did. But I did ask you to provide proof that offers have been made, which you cannot. I think the common sense part has evaded you as well as your ability to answer questions.

I didn't make the claim, someone else did. But I did ask you to provide proof that offers have been made, which you cannot. I think the common sense part has evaded you as well as your ability to answer questions.
Common sense and reading comprehension would be beneficial to you. I never said he received offers. Common sense would say he would garner interest from other schools.

In the last ten games how many of those teams actually had winning records? What was Wvu's record in year 1 of big 12 play? what was it last year? Since wvu has been members of the big 12 they have placed more players in the NFL than another team outside of Oklahoma but have failed to finish anywhere close to the top. That signifies. underachievement. Holgorson caused this chaos by underachieving if luck was still here he would not have given Holgorson an extension.

So what you're saying is the wins don't count because they're not good enough wins even though they are in fact wins.
(For some odd reason I believe if those wins were losses you would have no problem saying how Dana is a terrible coach for losing against those same teams.)

I think it's obvious to everyone here you have no idea how any of this works.

Just do us all a favor and find another team to root for so you can go on their message board and constantly bash the coach and downplay any of their achievements.

Reactions: WVU80ate
Common sense and reading comprehension would be beneficial to you. I never said he received offers. Common sense would say he would garner interest from other schools.

Look, I've asked you twice on two separate assertions that you have made to provide any kind of substantiation. You have failed miserably both times.

I am hoping and praying that "80ate" is the one year that you attended WVU and that you did not graduate that year as you are proving to be a blemish on our academic standards. Or perhaps it is the year you were born and you couldn't get into WVU and you went to Marshall but still hold a torch for the Mountaineers.

Either way I'm done with you and you now go to my favorite place of all, so don't bother to reply as I won't see it.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Did you see the smirk and glance? He was looking for a rise or reaction from someone.

100% pure conjecture. You have no idea if he was looking for anything.

And once again ..... none of the people who were in the room (you know ...journalist looking for stories) ... none of them have even remotely referred to what was said, or to your described "smirk" and glance as being a shot at Lyons.

The only people who are saying that are a few fans who have a need for drama.

100% pure conjecture. You have no idea if he was looking for anything.

And once again ..... none of the people who were in the room (you know ...journalist looking for stories) ... none of them have even remotely referred to what was said, or to your described "smirk" and glance as being a shot at Lyons.

The only people who are saying that are a few fans who have a need for drama.

Yes it is pure conjecture and we won't really know unless someone publicly challenges DH on the point. So we'll probably never know.

It's all perception and it's all good.

I see it one way and you see it another. It's what makes this world go 'round. How much fun would this board be if we all just agreed?[cheers]

Look, I've asked you twice on two separate assertions that you have made to provide any kind of substantiation. You have failed miserably both times.

I am hoping and praying that "80ate" is the one year that you attended WVU and that you did not graduate that year as you are proving to be a blemish on our academic standards. Or perhaps it is the year you were born and you couldn't get into WVU and you went to Marshall but still hold a torch for the Mountaineers.

Either way I'm done with you and you now go to my favorite place of all, so don't bother to reply as I won't see it.
So youre saying a big 12 coach 9-1 in his last 10 games would not have any interest from other schools? Lol. Um ok.

So what you're saying is the wins don't count because they're not good enough wins even though they are in fact wins.
(For some odd reason I believe if those wins were losses you would have no problem saying how Dana is a terrible coach for losing against those same teams.)

I think it's obvious to everyone here you have no idea how any of this works.

Just do us all a favor and find another team to root for so you can go on their message board and constantly bash the coach and downplay any of their achievements.

You have proven time and time again that you haven't got a clue. You make statements that are false and when you're called out you don't have the guts to clarify you're point. The fact is great coach's beat the teams with equal to better talent. The Nick Sabans and urban Meyers became great by beating teams on an equal plain. It doesn't take a genius to win 9 out of 10 games against inferior competition. Any AD that would show interest in Holgorson wants to see consistent wins against Ttech, Tcu, Okie state, Baylor, K state, They don't expect you to beat them all the time but at a better percentage Than DH has shown to date. That's why Tom Herman and Gary Patterson end up on teams short list and why Holgorson ends up on the hot seat. Do us a favor and grow a brain before you post again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT