ADVERTISEMENT

HCDH

Don't you think every coach in America failure will be based on expectations. So you're saying Texas fans will be happy to go 8-5 or 7-6 with bowl losses every year.

According to what you're saying is every coach will be a failure.

No reason why Neal Brown shouldn't average 8 wins a season. Especially if WVU would cut back on playing 11 P5 schools out of 12. Should have 1 P5 and 2 G5 teams with no FCS teams.
Mr bucks trolling is the worst. He already hates coach brown and we haven't even played a game. He is not a WVU fan he is probably a fan of Pitt or Marshall. I guess we should get use to it. Him and others like him will pollute this board with their Anti Brown, Anti WVU trolling agenda.

Hey buckedup...by saying that clueless dh was focused and tough you lost any chance of being seen as credible. Of course saying that he was the best wvu coach ever also proved that you started walking sometime in the past eight years lol. Keep the lights on at night and your delusions might stop lol.

Mr bucks trolling is the worst. He already hates coach brown and we haven't even played a game. He is not a WVU fan he is probably a fan of Pitt or Marshall. I guess we should get use to it. Him and others like him will pollute this board with their Anti Brown, Anti WVU trolling agenda.

Havent trolled at all- simply corrected misinformation about Holgorsen.

Simply point out Brown hasnt won anything and is not expected to have a good season whereas Holgorsen would have.

Have always been a WVu fan. I want WVU to win—you want to worship coaches apparently.

Havent trolled at all- simply corrected misinformation about Holgorsen.

Simply point out Brown hasnt won anything and is not expected to have a good season whereas Holgorsen would have.

Have always been a WVu fan. I want WVU to win—you want to worship coaches apparently.

So with Allison at the helm during the bowl game gave you hope for a good season? What is good by your standard? Holgorsen would have been lucky to get 7 wins, more likely 6. I do see the ceiling for Brown this season being 6. However, this is the short term view. The long term view is to sacrifice this season for the chance of better seasons later. You may not want to see it, but the fact was with Dana at the helm WVU was looking at between a 7th and 3rd place finish year and year out with a much more likely outlier year being worse than better. The evidence of 8 seasons supports this. There is only speculation as to what Brown can do, but there is a better chance of a Big 12 title with Brown at the helm only because there was practically no chance with Dana based upon 8 seasons.

Dana always needed a QB. With that QB play made a difference. WVU were a lot better at times than the talent.
QB play is unpredictable at times..
Will Grier vs Iowa St

Neal Brown may take longer if he is trying to do it without QB play. Brown probably agrees that they are going to win and lose based on the QB early.

Hard to do in a conference that is really based on QB play.

Hey DickHead1....what the hell does this mean lol.

"WVU were a lot better at times than the talent."

or this lolx2

"Neal Brown may take longer if he is trying to do it without QB play."

Too funny.

Rootcanal always acting like I had sex with his woman. Only was once and I was drunk.

QB play like Will Grier and Geno Smith can win competitive games.
Because right now WV doesn't have the needed talent to hold an offense like Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to 10 or 13 points. Need touchdowns.

Dana could never recruit a QB out of High School he always had to go the transfer route to get a QB. Always putting WVU on the edge of destruction. He lucked into Geno and lucked into to Grier.

Last edited:
Reactions: locustwv
Graham Green? Little old isn't he?

Graham-Greene.jpg

We will have a Garrett Green on the team next year. Not recruited By Holgorsen.

Who said he was
Neal Brown went out and found him a HS QB. Knowing that he must develop a QB plus he needs QB play in this conference.

Neal Brown could change overtime. All great coaches adjust their offensive and defensive systems.

Dana had to. It is stupid to blame Dana when there is a great chance Neal Brown sees the situation similar to Dana.

Create an offensive system around a QB and hope to have enough on D to get key stops and turnovers.

Unless of course things change in the conference.

Yes, WVU would finish and be expected to finish no lower than 4th in conference with Holgorsen at the helm. Look how many players left under Brown already.

Holgorsen won 7 games or better on average at WVU every year. Good QB into the mix and he would again have had WVU in contention.

Brown is lowering expectations and the pundits believe WVU may not even make a bowl game. No one knows if his "approach to the game" is any different than Holgorsen's, everyone just made up a bunch of bunk about DH because they were mad at him for being asked to take over for the previous coach.

As a WVU fan I don't want WVU moving backwards I want no less than what Holgorsen produced right off the bat. Success like the new coaches at ISU and Oklahoma and Purdue. They didn't chase off half the team and they didn't take their programs in reverse.

There doesn't have to be a rebuild, the team had been built up and just needed a few new pieces. Now its back to the drawing board from most "in the know" out there.
This year was going to be a total rebuild no matter who was the coach. The total rebuild took on steroids after the roster attrition of the spring, and then the loss of some key people in the freshman class. My expectations are in check, not because Shane Lyons and Neal Brown are telling me so; it is simply a matter of reading the depth chart. We aren't playing in the new Big East anymore.

WVU was a qb away from being in contention for the conference under Holgorsen this year.
And he would have likely brought in someone else if allsion couldnt get the job done.

He left, Brown came in and numerous starters bolted.

Now experts predict a 3 win WVU, and boneheads are celebrating that as something good?

Saying I am not a WVU fan?

None of you would know a WVU fan if one kicked you in the @$$. You could care less if WVU wins, loses or anything else. You just want to troll message boards.

You bash WVU coaches relentlessly and then say something to me when I mention the new coach hasnt coached one game?

Please.

Holgorsen was one of the best ever at WVU and kept WVu relevant during an extremely difficult stretch in WVUs history. Now we will have to wait and see if the new coach can walk through the schedule some of you think was soooooo easy anyone could coach it.

WVU was a qb away from being in contention for the conference under Holgorsen this year.
And he would have likely brought in someone else if allsion couldnt get the job done.

Now experts predict a 3 win WVU, and boneheads are celebrating that as something good?

None of you would know a WVU fan if one kicked you in the @$$. You could care less if WVU wins, loses or anything else. You just want to troll message boards.

You bash WVU coaches relentlessly and then say something to me when I mention the new coach hasnt coached one game?

Please.

Holgorsen was one of the best ever at WVU and kept WVu relevant during an extremely difficult stretch in WVUs history. Now we will have to wait and see if the new coach can walk through the schedule some of you think was soooooo easy anyone could coach it.

You should try getting your facts straight before posting your BS.

Holgorsen one of the best. Show it and don't blow it.

You can't even spell a players name correctly.

Experts are predicting 5 wins. You are predicting 3.

You're just making shit up and putting words in others mouths.

Difficult stretch? Please explain. This should be interesting.

The new coach has coached several games.

Why did you quit posting as 304?

Please.

That is just untrue and very short sighted. No way WVU was going to be better this year under Holgorsen over last year unless another Grier level talent was available at QB. Those just don't fall into your lap. But even if one as good as Grier showed up, he would not be as good as Grier was last season given having over a year within the program vs just 2 sets of practices. So while you are correct that under Holgorsen WVU was looking at a better 2019 season than with Brown, you are wildly off base to believe WVU had even a chance at competing for a Big 12 championship this year. What is short sighted is being a 4th place Big 12 team, as WVU was for the 2018 season, with the best team DH ever assembled shows what WVU can expect. So you are advocating for a better 2019 season in exchange for WVU having less of a chance at a Big 12 title than ISU and about 5 other conference teams for the foreseeable future? Brown is an unknown commodity, but DH wasn't unknown and he just didn't have what it takes to ever bring home a Big 12 title just like the coach he replaced.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Peaks and valleys. West VA is going to need to get better on each peak. The only thing you could say about Dana was that he was taking too long. The program has never won the Big 12 yet so it is incapable of telling how long it takes.
If you aren't in Texas and Oklahoma it has been hard.

The attacks on Dana are without any merit when you talk about his coaching. If you want to call him a scumbag I think that works much better.
The guy is pretty sleazy. Loves to be at a program who will buy players now.

Yet more made up lies by TVZ. Link those threads that others said he was a scum bag.

No reason WVU shouldn't finish 3rd or 4th in Big 12 every year and compete for top of Big 12 every 4 or 5.

Holgorsen wasn't the best coach but did a fair job. He could never finish out the season on a high note and always faltering towards the end. Then losing the bowl games.

Holgorsen should not have been hired P5 off the bat, He had no head coaching experience. Should have started lower level schools, then moved to Houston or a P5 level school.

Dana putting pieces together? Hell, he didn't even have a game board. The best team he had
(Orange Bowl) included Bill Stewart recruits - that's why it was good. i suggest that under
Dana we saw no improvement of the program, the team was not focused, undisciplined, and
during the season did not improvement and ran out of steam at the end of nearly all the games.
Other than all that he was fine.

Exactly! Dana left the cupboard bare with poor recruiting. He relied too much on transfers and did not win the recruiting battle at the kitchen table with mom and dad. Neal Brown WILL win that battle because parents will trust him with their kids. I liken Brown to Dabo Sweeney... a man of character looking beyond just making Kids play football better. Brown will get the ones ... the 4 & occasional 5 star that Dana couldn’t.

WVUs cupboard wasn't bare, the new HC chased off half the team when he got here, most of them starters. At least nine players left--that's a whole level of depth for WVU. Has NOTHING to do with Holgorsen.

Holgorsen would not have beaten JMU just by one touchdown, would have soundly defeated them, and he certainly didn't have a fanbase supporting him in a full stadium like the new coach.

Have to laugh at these people saying "WVU has never won the BIG 12" as though its some simple task. The BIG 12 is the toughest conference to win in the nation. You really thought WVU was going to walk in and start smacking historical juggernauts like Oklahoma around? Or beating all the other top 5, 10, 15 ranked teams they have to face every season?

With the complete rebuild WVUs coaches had to do once entering that league its amazing they were able to finish as close as number 3 and contend for the league championship in some years.

Yes, WVU would finish and be expected to finish no lower than 4th in conference with Holgorsen at the helm. Look how many players left under Brown already.

Holgorsen won 7 games or better on average at WVU every year. Good QB into the mix and he would again have had WVU in contention.

Brown is lowering expectations and the pundits believe WVU may not even make a bowl game. No one knows if his "approach to the game" is any different than Holgorsen's, everyone just made up a bunch of bunk about DH because they were mad at him for being asked to take over for the previous coach.

As a WVU fan I don't want WVU moving backwards I want no less than what Holgorsen produced right off the bat. Success like the new coaches at ISU and Oklahoma and Purdue. They didn't chase off half the team and they didn't take their programs in reverse.

There doesn't have to be a rebuild, the team had been built up and just needed a few new pieces. Now its back to the drawing board from most "in the know" out there.

Dana left us. Accept that fact. It's time to move on.

People are on here continuing to bash Dana Holgorsen--don't tell me to move on, tell them.

What's worse they are trying to blame DH for the new coaches problems.

AND, the new coach isn't exactly tearing it up yet--had poorer results on Saturday than Holgorsen and the hypocrites are giving him a pass for the SAME things they relentlessly bashed Holgorsen for.

WHY? Thought it was soooooo easy anyone could do it. Thought eking out wins were meaningless, terrible, showed horrible coaching, lack of discipline, lack of preparedness, etc. etc.

But now the mouth runners are giving out passes? HYPOCRITES.

People are on here continuing to bash Dana Holgorsen--don't tell me to move on, tell them.

What's worse they are trying to blame DH for the new coaches problems.

AND, the new coach isn't exactly tearing it up yet--had poorer results on Saturday than Holgorsen and the hypocrites are giving him a pass for the SAME things they relentlessly bashed Holgorsen for.

WHY? Thought it was soooooo easy anyone could do it. Thought eking out wins were meaningless, terrible, showed horrible coaching, lack of discipline, lack of preparedness, etc. etc.

But now the mouth runners are giving out passes? HYPOCRITES.

As pointed out to you before, what does it say about a HC that has a 4-8 season with a loss to Kansas in his 3rd year? Were you fellating Dana then? The reason everyone is giving you a hard time is only a handful of rare coaches hit a Power 5 school and have a good season out of the gate without having already been within the program. There is little evidence of Brown's coaching prowess as he has 1 game under his belt. Dana had 8 seasons worth of evidence and it showed that he didn't have what it takes to get WVU in position to maybe win the Big 12 at all. No one is anointing Brown as the greatest coach ever or even a better overall head coach than Dana. You on the other hand are saying that Brown is going to be a worse coach than Dana without evidence while falsely believing WVU would be in contention with DH at the helm this year despite the objective evidence proving otherwise. Give Brown a chance and I'll be right there with you trashing his coaching skills if WVU is going 4-8 in his third season ... like DH did.

Peaks and valleys. West VA is going to need to get better on each peak. The only thing you could say about Dana was that he was taking too long. The program has never won the Big 12 yet so it is incapable of telling how long it takes.
If you aren't in Texas and Oklahoma it has been hard.

The attacks on Dana are without any merit when you talk about his coaching. If you want to call him a scumbag I think that works much better.
The guy is pretty sleazy. Loves to be at a program who will buy players now.

He's not sleazy than anyone else in this business.

I admit he's not a quality actor like some others...

But since you mentioned it, is there anyone sleazier than Tom Herman?

Last edited:
As pointed out to you before, what does it say about a HC that has a 4-8 season with a loss to Kansas in his 3rd year? Were you fellating Dana then? The reason everyone is giving you a hard time is only a handful of rare coaches hit a Power 5 school and have a good season out of the gate without having already been within the program. There is little evidence of Brown's coaching prowess as he has 1 game under his belt. Dana had 8 seasons worth of evidence and it showed that he didn't have what it takes to get WVU in position to maybe win the Big 12 at all. No one is anointing Brown as the greatest coach ever or even a better overall head coach than Dana. You on the other hand are saying that Brown is going to be a worse coach than Dana without evidence while falsely believing WVU would be in contention with DH at the helm this year despite the objective evidence proving otherwise. Give Brown a chance and I'll be right there with you trashing his coaching skills if WVU is going 4-8 in his third season ... like DH did.

You, and others bashed DH every year. Didn't matter if he won 10 games and crushed Clemson, or went 4-8, or contended for the BIG 12. BASH BASH BASH.

Now a new coach is on board, and not only are you giving him a pass for a sloppy very poor outing in WVUs first game this year, some are actually trying to blame Holgorsen for it.

This is the epitome of HYPOCRISY.

You don't get a pass after bashing the previous coach every year he was at WVU.

BTW, WVU hasn't joined a new conference, and Brown wasn't left with a dearth of talent like Holgorsen was. Brown chased off half the team he inherited and we'll likely see the results this year.

Some are celebrating a predicted 3 or 4 win season, while still roasting the previous coach (one of the best ever at WVU). HYPOCRITES.

Holgorsen was one of the best coaches ever at WVU even though he had to switch to a major power conference in his second season, and had to start his HC career a year early (in which he not only won the BE but crushed Clemson in historical fashion---and which most of you poo pooed and tried to excuse away).

Now you are CELEBRATING a potential 3 win season as something good, when the previous coach would have won 7-8 games certainly--and would have crushed JMU.

Pitiful deranged posters.

Holgorsen was one of the best coaches ever at WVU even though he had to switch to a major power conference in his second season, and had to start his HC career a year early (in which he not only won the BE but crushed Clemson in historical fashion---and which most of you poo pooed and tried to excuse away).

Now you are CELEBRATING a potential 3 win season as something good, when the previous coach would have won 7-8 games certainly--and would have crushed JMU.

Pitiful deranged posters.

Again, you flat out lie. I was not criticizing Dana until after the 4-8 season when I saw the same problems in season 4 that lead to the collapse that started in WVU's first foray into Big 12 conference play from season 2. I was actually glad he took over for Stewart because his ability as head coach was obviously not up to snuff after 3 seasons, despite anyone's opinion on personal character. You lie when you say we are celebrating a 3 win season with Brown. We are saying that any head coach that was coming into overhaul the system in place would have to endure one rough transition year. We are saying that its foolhardy to judge the man's ability after ONE game when the guy you are so vehemently crowning as better than Brown and "one of the greatest ever" had an atrocious season in his 3rd YEAR! That is more evidence that Dana had a long way to go to being a competent head coach than Brown after just this one game. Yet here you are doing just that, stating that one game indicts Brown's ability when the clearly better DH had worse gaffs after being in place for 2 full seasons. More and more it seems you are deluded and seeing things how you perceive them rather than reality when you flat out assert things are being said that are not.

Bucky Wucky will say anything to support his make believe reality. Like watching a grade b fantasy movie.

He's not sleazy than anyone else in this business.

I admit he's not a quality actor like some others...

But since you mentioned it, is there anyone sleazier than Tom Herman?

Maybe some of the WVU fans behind the paywall can give you some of the dirt on Dana.
But there is dirt on him. Might get released in the future.

LSU's former AD confirms this as they were interested in him but the dirt prevented them from moving forward.

Some feel Dana Holgorsen had the inside track on the job early on in the process, but there were off-the-field concerns with the then-Mountaineers coach. Alleva says

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/09/02/tom-herman-texas-lsu-ed-orgeron

Ira Rogers, Don Nehlen, Art Pappy Lewis, Gene Corum, Rich Rod are all ahead of Danna Holgersen (not in any order). I know I’m forgetting someone too.
Bobby Bowden’s success came after he left here, but some may add him due to his success with no facilities (weight room, locker room, etc) and an aging stadium.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT