ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from a Tennessee fan

WVU will give Tennessee something they do not see very often in the SEC

A very proficient offense that can score a lot and fast.

WVU has their own issues including the inability to stop the run and to score TD's inside the red zone.

If this game was held in November I would give the edge to Tennessee
Since the Tennessee players may not totally buy into Pruitt's system I say WVU wins 41-24.

Unless of course turnovers happen or Grier is knocked out of the game

WVU's defense is very underrated.
They are a bend but not break style so Tennessee may move the ball but not for TDs

Watch out for David Long.
One of the best LBs in the country.
He will be all over the ball.

Reactions: Cheers and nickw79
Had you heard about U of Tennessee's drug problem?

Well is hasn't happened yet. Grier and Sills drag them up and down BofA stadium in 30 days. So right now its a drag problem, on Sept 1 "drug".

Ever smelt burnt orange? get ready, because Jennings, Sills and company will zip past the UT D.

i come in peace! Just wanted to drop by and say hello, and Ask you guys about your thoughts/feelings on our upcoming match up. 30 days!

Tennessee has a long road back. I just hope it doesn't start Sep. 1, 2018. Tenn. goal is to make a bowl game our goal is to win the Big 12 and proceed to the CFP.

Reactions: TNHempWorks
That by the third quarter you will be buttchugging
dc163d5bd235f88dbeafc6f3fdc58dff_400x400.jpeg

dc163d5bd235f88dbeafc6f3fdc58dff_400x400%20(1).jpeg

That by the third quarter you will be buttchugging
dc163d5bd235f88dbeafc6f3fdc58dff_400x400.jpeg

dc163d5bd235f88dbeafc6f3fdc58dff_400x400%20(1).jpeg

Clever lol. I hope it’s a good game!

Some of you are probably a little too confident, but I guess we’ll find out. 31-21 Vols over mountaineers imo. We have more talent, but new schemes could hold us back.

Just because you have the Great Smoky Mountains, Dollyworld and people moving to your state does not mean you are anything special

Y'all better be prepare for a beatdown cause West by God Virginia is the King of Appalachia.

Some of you are probably a little too confident, but I guess we’ll find out. 31-21 Vols over mountaineers imo. We have more talent, but new schemes could hold us back.

The "imo" part of your reply is what I like about message boards. Opinions are different, and I completely understand that. I respect yours. I'll offer mine. First, if Tennessee holds West Virginia to 21 points on September 1st, Vols fans should pack for the SEC championship game. That will mean your defense is going to be other worldly. Second, I do not believe Tennessee has more talent than West Virginia. I think September 1st will surprise you. If I'm wrong, kudos to you. Again, this is all opinion...some contrived in the head, some in the heart.

WVU - 38
Tennessee - 24

The "imo" part of your reply is what I like about message boards. Opinions are different, and I completely understand that. I respect yours. I'll offer mine. First, if Tennessee holds West Virginia to 21 points on September 1st, Vols fans should pack for the SEC championship game. That will mean your defense is going to be other worldly. Second, I do not believe Tennessee has more talent than West Virginia. I think September 1st will surprise you. If I'm wrong, kudos to you. Again, this is all opinion...some contrived in the head, some in the heart.

WVU - 38
Tennessee - 24

Don't see Tennessee blitzing too much on Grier but they cannot sit back in coverage and let Grier pick them apart.

Tennessee doesn't have the secondary to go into dime packages throughout the game

The question will be can Tennessee create pressure with their front.
That is the real issue.

On offense with Cryst they will be conservative looking to drive the ball with 8-15 play drives.

If Grier faces pressure or is knocked out and then UT begins to enforce their will on WVU they have a chance

If Tennessee wins it will be more like 24-20 of even lower.

I agree with the 10RC fan that WVU is a little too confident going into this game.

It's a helluva first game of the season match-up. Neither team is familiar with each others play style. Best chance Tennessee has, if they can control the clock and run the ball well. Keeping Grier and Mountaineer offense on the sidelines will be their best bet. I believe the Vols defense is going to be overwhelmed then exhausted by the four quarter. I'm not yet convinced that The Mountaineer defense can pressure anybody or stop the run. Hope I'm wrong. If I were to venture a guess WVU 42 - Vols 35.

Clever lol. I hope it’s a good game!

The day you can hold WVU to 21 points will be the day Tennessee goes 15-0. in other words it's not happening.

Tennessee has no offense. Their D is a falsehood of numbers. Playing little league OOC teams helps you make the D numbers look good.

Have you won any SEC games lately?

To Vol fans - there's really no pressure on the Mountaineers for this game - we have a Heisman candidate, some of the best receivers in the country, picked to
be #2 in the BIg 12 and a coach who knows if he doesn't produce this year - all the hardware stores in West "By God" will sell out of rope real fast. So like I said
no pressure whatsoever. In fact, the thousands of Mountaineer fans some to Charlotte will no doubt be serving tea and cookies in the parking lot - so you all
don't have anything to worry about. NOT!!! You got a dog and we got a Mountaineer with a rifle and good aim. But as I said there's not pressure.

WVU starts fast and then fades. Will win or lose by 2 in the 4th quarter.

Lose to Tennessee and we go 2-10. Tennessee is a joke.

TN I’m not worried about. Holgerson’s team never play 4 qtrs of ball except for maybe 1 game a year. The effort of last year’s bowl game really made we wonder how we are between the ears before a game.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
The day you can hold WVU to 21 points will be the day Tennessee goes 15-0. in other words it's not happening.

Tennessee has no offense. Their D is a falsehood of numbers. Playing little league OOC teams helps you make the D numbers look good.

Have you won any SEC games lately?
I agree with you because they play in the SEC, TN Plays GA and FL and Bama every year just to list a few teams.

Last edited:
Our entire offense will be drastically improved in Grier's 2nd year.. especially the run game with a much improved OLine. That, in turn, will open up the passing game much more for Sills, Jennings and company (like they need it) WVU by 24plus

Lose to Tennessee and we go 2-10. Tennessee is a joke.
TN had a bad season last year but look at who they have to play year in and year out. TN does play in the SEC. TN may be a joke but the joke will be there to play WV. If i were you i would talk all the smack you can now because you play when they are down. so TALK and keep Talking. TN has not always been a joke, when was the last time WV won a national champ? TN it has been a long time, they did win in 1998.

TN had a bad season last year but look at who they have to play year in and year out. TN does play in the SEC. TN may be a joke but the joke will be there to play WV. If i were you i would talk all the smack you can now because you play when they are down. so TALK and keep Talking. TN has not always been a joke, when was the last time WV won a national champ? TN it has been a long time, they did win in 1998.

Missouri
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
South Carolina....

Those are not exactly football schools.

If this was last year your narrative would be even more untrue but UGA returned to greatness. Thing is Florida has been at best above average since 2010

Last edited:
Missouri
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
South Carolina....

If this was last year your narrative would be even more untrue but UGA returned to greatness. Thing is Florida has been at best above average since 2010
Who the hell do you play year in and out. OK is a good team but other than that who do you play year in and year out. When was the last time WV beat any school in the SEC?

Missouri
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
South Carolina....

OH i forgot you get a QB from FL an SEC school and talk smack. All i have to say is keep talking.

Who the hell do you play year in and out. OK is a good team but other than that who do you play year in and year out. When was the last time WV beat any school in the SEC?

SEC is a collection of schools.
Some are great while others are horrible.
Last year the SEC had more teams who were below average or horrible since I can remember.
I am not a WVU fan
I think Tennessee could give them a game but you are a team who went 0-8 in an average SEC last year.

No need to puff out your chest and drop your balls on this message board.

Reactions: Cheers and nickw79
SEC is a collection of schools.
Some are great while others are horrible.
Last year the SEC had more teams who were below average or horrible since I can remember.
I am not a WVU fan
I think Tennessee could give them a game but you are a team who went 0-8 in an average SEC last year.

No need to puff out your chest and drop your balls on this message board.
LOL i agree. and they get mad when you ask them when you ask them when they won a National title or any title for that matter. I know WV, i was stationed there. Marshall beat them.

To Vol fans - there's really no pressure on the Mountaineers for this game - we have a Heisman candidate, some of the best receivers in the country, picked to
be #2 in the BIg 12 and a coach who knows if he doesn't produce this year - all the hardware stores in West "By God" will sell out of rope real fast. So like I said
no pressure whatsoever. In fact, the thousands of Mountaineer fans some to Charlotte will no doubt be serving tea and cookies in the parking lot - so you all
don't have anything to worry about. NOT!!! You got a dog and we got a Mountaineer with a rifle and good aim. But as I said there's not pressure.
Well we have a man with a rifle as well as Smokey, and as a fan i feel no pressure with this game. Just as you, you feel no pressure. I'm not on the team and i'm not the coach with the eyebrow who won the national championship last year. Yes with Alabama but he won with that eyebrow. Remember we took that man and went down to TX and helped them out with the Mexicans.

This is a second hand story but a story I have heard from a few people

I think it is was 2010 or 2011 when Arkansas had a good team finally and they played Tennessee in Fayetteville. The Piggies ambushed them from the start.

The Tennessee fans were not enjoying their time in the Ozarks and the Piggies like they always do when they finally win something started provoking the Tennessee fans

I guess at halftime a gentlemen from Tennessee went to use the pisser
He was all Tennesseed out so when he walked into the restroom a Piggy who was pissing asked him if he was a Volunteer.
The guy said yes of course.
So the Piggy asked him if he could Voluntarily hold his penis to piss

I guess the Tennessee fan did not take kindly to his insult and knocked him out with one punch

HAS WV ever won a national championship?

Tennessee last title was 20 years ago and the one before that was 67 years. Real powerhouse.

Tennessee has been nothing for sometime now. Like I said if we lose to Tennessee we should be ashamed.

We should be more concerned about NC State.

Last edited:
Looks like a Tennessee fan is a little upset. Poor thing.

I'd love to think we'd win by at least two touchdowns and realistically we probably should.

But, this defense hasn't proven it can stop anyone. It makes terrible quarterbacks look average, average qb's look great, and great qb's into Heisman winners. That's not even mentioning tailbacks, i.e. Kansas...

Will Grier can only do so much. Hopefully, it will be enough on September 1st.

I'd love to think we'd win by at least two touchdowns and realistically we probably should.

But, this defense hasn't proven it can stop anyone. It makes terrible quarterbacks look average, average qb's look great, and great qb's into Heisman winners. That's not even mentioning tailbacks, i.e. Kansas...

Will Grier can only do so much. Hopefully, it will be enough on September 1st.
This WVU fan has some sense. On the flip side, I guess UT will just show up and try not get blown out.

Reactions: TNHempWorks
LOL i agree. and they get mad when you ask them when you ask them when they won a National title or any title for that matter. I know WV, i was stationed there. Marshall beat them.

Beat us? I question your sanity now. Apparently you drank often and smoked weed perhaps even got some crack. Marshall has never beaten WVU in football.

Sorry for all the crap soldier vet.....But this is our board. I wish people would be more civil though, but this is the age of social media where everyone can talk crap and hide behind their computer. It doesn't matter whether they know anything or not. I live in Lexington, KY. SEC country, so I know how tough it is. But I also know that on any given Saturday, Tennessee is capable of beating almost anyone. The talent is there but I believe beating WVU in Pruitt's first game is a tall chore. Like WVUALLEN said I the NC State game is the game I worry about more than UT.

Reactions: PowerTVFL
Had you heard about U of Tennessee's drug problem?

Well is hasn't happened yet. Grier and Sills drag them up and down BofA stadium in 30 days. So right now its a drag problem, on Sept 1 "drug".

Ever smelt burnt orange? get ready, because Jennings, Sills and company will zip past the UT D.
Man you going to let the cat out of the bag.

Sorry for all the crap soldier vet.....But this is our board. I wish people would be more civil though, but this is the age of social media where everyone can talk crap and hide behind their computer. It doesn't matter whether they know anything or not. I live in Lexington, KY. SEC country, so I know how tough it is. But I also know that on any given Saturday, Tennessee is capable of beating almost anyone. The talent is there but I believe beating WVU in Pruitt's first game is a tall chore. Like WVUALLEN said I the NC State game is the game I worry about more than UT.
I agree with you 100% and i have never said TN would beat WV. I did say that if they did they would have to play a great game. Oh by the way i lived in WV for a few years. I lived in Logan county and Ripley WV up in Jackson county.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT