ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from a Tennessee fan

County Roads was written by someone without connection to West Virginia. Not saying it isn't a great song but what does it represent.
Rocky Top is the song of East Tennessee. It might not represent the entire state but come on it was written at a time in the South when it was insular especially to the anyone from up North.

Oh i agree. because WV is I hope so far from Heaven. If WV is heaven I hate to see what Hell is.

Go to youtube and do a search on "country roads" and then do "rocky top". Country Roads is played by many. Rocky top has a parody of stupid UT fans on the 3rd hit.

#4 is:

Stationed where in WV?
I have seen nothing in WV that =Almost Heaven. Hell i may want to look to just going to hell if this the case. i was stationed there for 5 years and it was not good for the outsider with a german wife.
Stationed where in WV for 5 years?

I hope WV keeps singing Country roads and the VOLS keep singing Rocky top in this game. If that were the case i feel sorry for WV because you will NOT win this game! If the two songs made a difference. I Know and WV knows Rocky Top will get you going while dark and dusty will not.

You my friend don't know what you are talking about. TN does play GA Alabama and FL every year. We do not play Auburn, LSU or AK. But every year TN PLAYS those three Schools plus SC KY VANDY and MO. Every year.
I wouldn't call a 41-0 game in your home stadium "playing" UGA. LOL geez

I have seen nothing in WV that =Almost Heaven. Hell i may want to look to just going to hell if this the case. i was stationed there for 5 years and it was not good for the outsider with a german wife.

WV is the most beautiful state in the entire country in terms of natural beauty.

Reactions: Phil
WV is the most beautiful state in the entire country in terms of natural beauty.
Well thats just because someone told you that. if you ever left that state you would see that Rocky top is where it's at. LOL I Love it. and a TRUE WV CANT bull shit a BULL SHITTER!!!from Rocky Top and WV Knows That. LOL GO VOLS. TN don't go to WV for a vacation. WV goes to TN for Vacation.

Stick a fork in ole vet. He's done and ain't got no more. He try's, but it ain't there. Bless your heart.

WV is beautiful but it lacks the variety of other states.

Since this is a Tennessee vs WV battle have to go with Tennessee.
Memphis is totally different than Knoxville. Like two different states.

LOL man this is fun! I was stationed in that state of WV and i got to know the people of TN oh wait i mean the people from WV and they are just like me. Im from the hills of TN and i had a lot fun and i had of hard times in WV as a Soldier. I'm talking active duty Soldier and i say that with pride, Regular Army Soldier. HELL YOU WV people like i am. Going to be a good game and i think TN will have to bring Rocky Top in a MoonShine jar to win. But you bet your WV A$$ I will be pulling for That Orange. THAT GOD Awful Orange!!!!

Well thats just because someone told you that. if you ever left that state you would see that Rocky top is where it's at. LOL I Love it. and a TRUE WV CANT bull shit a BULL SHITTER!!!from Rocky Top and WV Knows That. LOL GO VOLS. TN don't go to WV for a vacation. WV goes to TN for Vacation.

Yeah, no one visits the Greenbrier Resort, the caverns near White Sulphur Springs, Blackwater Falls, Seneca Rocks, Whitewater rafts on the New and Gauley Rivers, snow skis at Canaan or Snowshoe, visits Dolley Sods, plays golf at the Pete Dye course, the Arnold Palmer Course at Stonewall Jackson, boats and skis on Summersville Lake, visits Spruce Knob, ATVs on the Hatfield and McCoy trails, mountain bikes at many locations throughout the state, hikes and bikes the Greenbrier River trail, trout fishes many streams in the state, takes train excursions through the trough where bald eagles can be seen.....

Last edited:
What post did you serve in WV? Knowing most idiots, you're talking about some post in VA. Or must have been a recruiter.

What post did you serve in WV? Knowing most idiots, you're talking about some post in VA.
I joined the Army in 1982 and a few years later i was selected to be a Recruiter. I went to VT and after 4 years the great Army sent me to Logan county and after 3 years there i went to Ripley WV. Up in Jackson County BY GOD!

Yeah, no one visits the Greenbrier Resort, the caverns near White Sulphur Springs, Blackwater Falls, Seneca Rocks, Whitewater rafts on the New and Gauley Rivers, snow skis at Canaan or Snowshoe, visits Dolley Sods, plays golf at the Pete Dye course, the Arnold Palmer Course at Stonewall Jackson, boats and skis on Summersville Lake, visits Spruce Knob, ATVs on the Hatfield and McCoy trails, mountain bikes at many locations throughout the state, hikes and bikes the Greenbrier River trail, trout fishes many streams in the state, takes train excursions through the trough where bald eagles can be seen.....
I Don't give a shit! No one visits TN either unless they go to Neyland Stadium to watch the VOLS play.

A89_EFF0_C-_F1_B5-4_FD7-8_FB9-_F0_E79_E295087.jpg

I Don't give a shit! No one visits TN either unless they go to Neyland Stadium to watch the VOLS play.
WV i will tell you is not a clean state. TN has it 's problems as well but i have seen it myself. My son flushes the toilet and it runs out into the little stream behind our house that i rented. Oh that is beautiful.

Stick a fork in ole vet. He's done and ain't got no more. He try's, but it ain't there. Bless your heart.
This old VET ant going no where but to work in the morning, thanks to Trump for making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!! I Hope this old VET Can watch TN and WV play a good football game. Don't know why TN don't play WV more. Hell KY beat us 2 times in #
35 years. I think it would be better to play better competiion with WV. Can't spell SUCKS without UK!

I wouldn't call a 41-0 game in your home stadium "playing" UGA. LOL geez
LOL We beat them the year before. LOL now go have your mama change your drawers and wire that ass. because you are an ass. LOL! Now let me run to my safe space.

Actually totally false.
The state of Texas is the leader of giving states certain powers back like determining if abortion should be illegal, gay marriage and Obamacare.

Texas has even stood up for issues that the most of the state do not believe in like the federal government overriding states on medical marijuana and legalized marijuana.

Untrue. The majority of States and their people are in an alliance with Texas and our beliefs.

There is no such program/law/statue/exexutive order officially called "Obamacare". I assume you are referring to the "Affordable Healthcare Act".

Speaking of military. There was a good movie called Full Metal Jacket. The beginning of the film where the marine recruits were being dressed down by the Drill Sargent is absolutely classic. You mentioning Texas brings to mind what the Drill Sargent told the guy who said he was from Texas. The drill instructor said I'll paraphrase since I don't remember exactly, "only two things come from Texas steers and queens and I don't see any horns on you". Classic scene and stellar movie IMO.

If you don't like it don't friggin come her.

There is no such program/law/statue/exexutive order officially called "Obamacare". I assume you are referring to the "Affordable Healthcare Act".

Speaking of military. There was a good movie called Full Metal Jacket. The beginning of the film where the marine recruits were being dressed down by the Drill Sargent is absolutely classic. You mentioning Texas brings to mind what the Drill Sargent told the guy who said he was from Texas. The drill instructor said I'll paraphrase since I don't remember exactly, "only two things come from Texas steers and queens and I don't see any horns on you". Classic scene and stellar movie IMO.

Point is that the Solicitor General of Texas at the time made a name for himself by suing the Federal Government because of the Affordable Healthcare Act.
I believe over 30 states including WV were apart of the lawsuit.

I grew up on USMC stations from Camp Lejune to El Toro Air Station right before it was shut down.

It felt like home because of the amount of Texans. People my father's age joined the USMC in the early 80's to escape Texas and see the world.

All Texans are proud that we make up a good size percentage of the USMC even today.

Hey Vols fans,

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze

Chorus:
Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, Mountain Mama
Take me home, country roads

All my memories, gathered 'round her
Miners' Lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye

Chorus

I hear her voice, in the morning hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin' down the road I get the feeling
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

Chorus 2 times

You're welcome.

I've heard Country Roads sang all around the world. Folks from all over join in. Rocky Top?......can't say that I have.

The Citadel Regimental Band and Pipes playing Rocky Top at Edinburgh Castle.

British Singer Roger Wittaker's horrible rendition of Rocky Top

Rocky Top being sung in Chinese

Rocky Top being sung in Spanish

Rocky Top being sung in German

Rocky Top being sung in a bar in Nagoya, Japan.

Korean children in English class singing Rocky Top

Now, you can say that you have.

Last edited:
Both songs are horrible
Everyone knows if you want to hear great music you go to Louisiana, Texas or Memphis.

Not East Tennessee or West Virginia.

Y'all should argue about what you are good at.
Making moonshine or is it already known North Carolina has the best moonshine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT