ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from a Tennessee fan

SEC is a collection of schools.
Some are great while others are horrible.
Last year the SEC had more teams who were below average or horrible since I can remember.
I am not a WVU fan
I think Tennessee could give them a game but you are a team who went 0-8 in an average SEC last year.

No need to puff out your chest and drop your balls on this message board.
Sorry, i don't understand what you are saying. I never said TN was going to win this game. I did say however that if TN did win the game they would have to play a great game. I will admit WV has a great team. I will also TN is down and has been down for a long time but they do have a football team and they will show up to play the game. I also said with so many players coming in and players getting healthy i don't know what TN looks like until they meet and play WV.

Sorry, i don't understand what you are saying. I never said TN was going to win this game. I did say however that if TN did win the game they would have to play a great game. I will admit WV has a great team. I will also TN is down and has been down for a long time but they do have a football team and they will show up to play the game. I also said with so many players coming in and players getting healthy i don't know what TN looks like until they meet and play WV.
I’m a true blue Mountaineer fan, always have been. Went there, kids went there, one of mine actually played there, we still go to all home football and basketball games. We also have a place in TN on the lake. I really like most TN fans. Very passionate just like Mountaineer fans. I even enjoy going to TN games in their stadium although it is really old. And the bathrooms really need redone.

I think maybe TN finally hired a decent head coach and I wish you guys well. Hope you beat the hell out of Florida in particular. In the WVU-TN game, I will be suprised if TN can hang with WV. This Mountaineer team is a good one. I have not been a huge Holgorsen fan but I have to admit he seems to have maybe put it all together this year.

I will pull for TN every game this year except this first one. And I dont think it will end up being close. WVU wins 50-17.

Neyland Stadium was the first major college football stadium I ever attended a game at, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. A friend's Dad was a former UT player and took us down for an opener against Podunk State, or someone along those lines. It didn't matter, the place was packed. As a ten year old, I was stunned by the size of the place, all the people, and the noise they made.

I’m a true blue Mountaineer fan, always have been. Went there, kids went there, one of mine actually played there, we still go to all home football and basketball games. We also have a place in TN on the lake. I really like most TN fans. Very passionate just like Mountaineer fans. I even enjoy going to TN games in their stadium although it is really old. And the bathrooms really need redone.

I think maybe TN finally hired a decent head coach and I wish you guys well. Hope you beat the hell out of Florida in particular. In the WVU-TN game, I will be suprised if TN can hang with WV. This Mountaineer team is a good one. I have not been a huge Holgorsen fan but I have to admit he seems to have maybe put it all together this year.

I will pull for TN every game this year except this first one. And I dont think it will end up being close. WVU wins 50-17.
Hello there. Good read but i will tell you i have to agree with you on the bathrooms. I will say i don't remember what the bathrooms were like at WVU but i bet it was a place that i would not want to hang out. I have never been to a public place where i could say that i loved the bathrooms. I remember it was not that big. kind of small. Neyland is old have you ever looked at the history of that place. In 1939 General Neyland never aloud the opponent to even score for the whole season and lost in the rose bowl. Lot of history around that place. Now TN does have a football team. They will meet and play WV. TN may get beat bad but i just don't thank it will be that bad. 50 to 17. Come on, we are not playing Alabama or GA.

Actually, they DON’T play those 3 teams every year, because SEC scheduling is a joke.
Tennessee does play those teams every year
SEC has permanent cross divisional rivalries.
The DSOR, TSIO , Ole Miss/Vandy and the Battle Line Rivalry which is a new rivalry but it has juice.

To Vol fans - there's really no pressure on the Mountaineers for this game - we have a Heisman candidate, some of the best receivers in the country, picked to
be #2 in the BIg 12 and a coach who knows if he doesn't produce this year - all the hardware stores in West "By God" will sell out of rope real fast. So like I said
no pressure whatsoever. In fact, the thousands of Mountaineer fans some to Charlotte will no doubt be serving tea and cookies in the parking lot - so you all
don't have anything to worry about. NOT!!! You got a dog and we got a Mountaineer with a rifle and good aim. But as I said there's not pressure.
Actually, we have Davey Crockett.... This mountaineer you speak of is just a genetic copy cat of the real deal. J/s

Have to agree. If I was in a foxhole I would want someone from Tennessee or Texas with me.
Ask anyone in the military those Two states produce the best Soldiers and Marines.

Reactions: TexasTrill2018
TN had a bad season last year but look at who they have to play year in and year out. TN does play in the SEC. TN may be a joke but the joke will be there to play WV. If i were you i would talk all the smack you can now because you play when they are down. so TALK and keep Talking. TN has not always been a joke, when was the last time WV won a national champ? TN it has been a long time, they did win in 1998.

Hugging onto past glories does nothing for your present situation. Tennessee was a contender once I'll give you that but try avoiding living in the past. This is 2018 collegiate sports Is vastly different now. This Is a completely different WVU football team also Tennessee is not like they once were.

I know better then to underestimate a opponent and I guarantee that Coach Holgrosen and The Mountaineer team is not going to take this game lightly.

Should be a good game but if WVU gets hot offensively simple fact will beTennessee will be unable to match TD with TD.

Actually, we have Davey Crockett.... This mountaineer you speak of is just a genetic copy cat of the real deal. J/s

In Charlotte in three weeks what fanbase will have the greater percentage of gunracks in their trucks.

That tells me who the real country boys are.

Country boys, like me, are smart enough to keep their guns behind the seats of their pick-ups.A truck parked in town with a full gun rack says, "Steal me!" I knew you folks were butt ignorant, but that's head up your rear dumb.

Are you two sure you're not from Oklahoma?

i come in peace! Just wanted to drop by and say hello, and Ask you guys about your thoughts/feelings on our upcoming match up. 30 days!

My money would go on WVU. I think the SEC will take another loss to a Big 12 team. My only concern for WV is how they handle the Vol crowd. My guess is that WVU has the best QB with better supporting skill players around Grier. The key will be how the Mountaineer defenders deal with the Vols offense. I doubt the Vols offense can score enough points against the WVU defense to win.

As a Sooner, I'm not really looking forward to WVU in November. My daughter lives within a hundred miles of Morgantown and we are planning to be there for the game. OU at WVU could be the best 2018 conference match-up.

Country boys, like me, are smart enough to keep their guns behind the seats of their pick-ups.A truck parked in town with a full gun rack says, "Steal me!" I knew you folks were butt ignorant, but that's head up your rear dumb.

Are you two sure you're not from Oklahoma?

Who said the racks had to be full.

As another UT fan...I'll jump in here. I wish UT was playing WVU when we would have been more competitive. I have a former co-worker who is a huge UT fan (season ticket holder) and played for WVU in the late 60's. I know he's going to the game, and I wish the first meeting of his 2 favorite teams were more evenly matched. As it is...UT is playing with a depleted roster from the Botch Jones experiment/fiasco. Here is the lesson...don't hire a football coach that looks like a lesbian volleyball coach.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to this match-up and hoping that UT can keep it respectable. For UT to stand a chance to keep it close...they will need to make Will Grier look like he did the first 3 quarters against them in '15 and not like he did in the last one.

Have to agree. If I was in a foxhole I would want someone from Tennessee or Texas with me.
Ask anyone in the military those Two states produce the best Soldiers and Marines.

I served in the military and if asked I’d probably be like...wtf? There’s idiots and great soldiers from each and every state serving. It literally only takes weeks of intense training or actual combat duty to know who you can (can’t) trust and in my case I never cared what state was printed on driver licenses.

....but since Texas was mentioned....

I went to basic with a kid from Texas and he really fit the stereotype. A little short but had the hat, big belt buckle, twang in his accent, and the love of his cowboy boots. Got to know him fairly well in barracks as people arrived for a few days before any real training started.

He fit the movie mold of gung-ho. ...we’re all telling the kid to stop with the military crap until training actually starts (we were basically just doing lawn maintenance at the base). He’d have none of it.

So training starts and he crumbles. He’s crushed by how he, like many of us, struggle. Two weeks in and I have a 1 a.m. fire-watch and suddenly drill sergeant’s blow by on their way to his room (of 12)....dragging him away while he blusters like a 5 year old.

Turns out the kid attempted suicide by curling a large floor buffer cord around his neck and tossing it out the second story window. It was a 25 foot cord. Plenty of others faked injuries and got bumped from the cycle only delaying their pain.

.....and while a great person there’s a kid from Texas that I was relieved would never share a foxhole with me.

I served in the military and if asked I’d probably be like...wtf? There’s idiots and great soldiers from each and every state serving. It literally only takes weeks of intense training or actual combat duty to know who you can (can’t) trust and in my case I never cared what state was printed on driver licenses.

....but since Texas was mentioned....

I went to basic with a kid from Texas and he really fit the stereotype. A little short but had the hat, big belt buckle, twang in his accent, and the love of his cowboy boots. Got to know him fairly well in barracks as people arrived for a few days before any real training started.

He fit the movie mold of gung-ho. ...we’re all telling the kid to stop with the military crap until training actually starts (we were basically just doing lawn maintenance at the base). He’d have none of it.

So training starts and he crumbles. He’s crushed by how he, like many of us, struggle. Two weeks in and I have a 1 a.m. fire-watch and suddenly drill sergeant’s blow by on their way to his room (of 12)....dragging him away while he blusters like a 5 year old.

Turns out the kid attempted suicide by curling a large floor buffer cord around his neck and tossing it out the second story window. It was a 25 foot cord. Plenty of others faked injuries and got bumped from the cycle only delaying their pain.

.....and while a great person there’s a kid from Texas that I was relieved would never share a foxhole with me.

You will always find people who can't cut it from everywhere or anywhere.

Especially when they want to be a part of something to make them feel more like a man.

The foxhole comment was in reference to the Alamo. The name the Tennessee Volunteers comes from this as they always have people's backs.
The Battle of New Orleans and the Texas War of Independence

You will always find people who can't cut it from everywhere or anywhere.

Especially when they want to be a part of something to make them feel more like a man.

The foxhole comment was in reference to the Alamo. The name the Tennessee Volunteers comes from this as they always have people's backs.
The Battle of New Orleans and the Texas War of Independence

I really don’t think they had electric floor buffers at the Alamo.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Until another state produces an Audie Murphy Texas will be consider the state that produces the best soldiers and Marines.

One thing Texas isn’t short of is bravado.

The rest of the country will continue to laugh as they compete with California and New York to be America’s best state (at everything).

Actually, they DON’T play those 3 teams every year, because SEC scheduling is a joke.
You my friend don't know what you are talking about. TN does play GA Alabama and FL every year. We do not play Auburn, LSU or AK. But every year TN PLAYS those three Schools plus SC KY VANDY and MO. Every year.

Hugging onto past glories does nothing for your present situation. Tennessee was a contender once I'll give you that but try avoiding living in the past. This is 2018 collegiate sports Is vastly different now. This Is a completely different WVU football team also Tennessee is not like they once were.

I know better then to underestimate a opponent and I guarantee that Coach Holgrosen and The Mountaineer team is not going to take this game lightly.

Should be a good game but if WVU gets hot offensively simple fact will beTennessee will be unable to match TD with TD.
I'm not hanging on to the past. You guys are saying TN is no good. I would agree with you from last year. This year is a new season and i have no idea what TN will Look like. I do think TN will have to play very good to beat WV.

One thing Texas isn’t short of is bravado.

The rest of the country will continue to laugh as they compete with California and New York to be America’s best state (at everything).

Don't know much about New York but I can tell you that most States do not want to be governed or turn out like CA.

Texas is heading that way with the Texas Triangle leaving the rest of the state behind. At least Texas saw with California what that does to a state.

Coastal California is polar opposite of Inland California. Not to mention you have other dividing boundaries.

Most of the SunBelt has followed Texas and not California and especially Florida who to me is the most dysfunctional state in the country.

Tell your DBs to get a good look now. They may not get a good look during the game.

Dkf2MqlU0AAWm7X

Reactions: WVUALLEN
....most people in our nation do not respect the state of Texas. ....same for/as Florida, California, New Jersey, and New York.

People from those states don’t even realize that truth......

Not to get off topic but the DoD put out a report last winter about how they were concerned about the health of Southerners entering the Army.

Not saying that the enlistees from the North were healthier but that the Army especially is dependent on people from States like Texas and Tennessee enlisting

I will put WV up there as well because the people of their state for the most part are born hunting.

Not to get off topic but the DoD put out a report last winter about how they were concerned about the health of Southerners entering the Army.

Not saying that the enlistees from the North were healthier but that the Army especially is dependent on people from States like Texas and Tennessee enlisting

I will put WV up there as well because the people of their state for the most part are born hunting.

You mean sitting around on your butt playing x-box and eating fried food (which is the most awesome way to prepare food) doesn't get you ready to serve?

Reactions: TheOneandOnly77
....most people in our nation do not respect the state of Texas. ....same for/as Florida, California, New Jersey, and New York.

People from those states don’t even realize that truth......

Actually totally false.
The state of Texas is the leader of giving states certain powers back like determining if abortion should be illegal, gay marriage and Obamacare.

Texas has even stood up for issues that the most of the state do not believe in like the federal government overriding states on medical marijuana and legalized marijuana.

Untrue. The majority of States and their people are in an alliance with Texas and our beliefs.

Reactions: TheOneandOnly77
You my friend don't know what you are talking about. TN does play GA Alabama and FL every year. We do not play Auburn, LSU or AK. But every year TN PLAYS those three Schools plus SC KY VANDY and MO. Every year.

Not this year, but most years, all of those teams are better than WVU.

Tell your DBs to get a good look now. They may not get a good look during the game.

Dkf2MqlU0AAWm7X
I'M Sorry but "Country Roads" is just in a song. and i would just keep it at that. Nothing i would be proud of. Hell when i was there kids that got out of WV never came back. So Country Roads = John Denver.

Actually totally false.

Untrue. The majority of States and their people are in an alliance with Texas and our beliefs.

Actually it would be better stated that Texas is in alliance with the majority of states and their residents. Texas is a follower.....not a leader. Politically, while I may have similar opinions, I hardly look toward The Lone Star state for guidance.

Again...like California....residents of Texas think tbey’re leading the nation when in fact the majority of the country mocks them. We all know 10 gallon hats don’t hold anything close to that....but it’s most likely a dig at the brain under the hat... ....thinking it’s huge....but not really...

Reactions: Phil
I've heard Country Roads sang all around the world. Folks from all over join in. Rocky Top?......can't say that I have.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
County Roads was written by someone without connection to West Virginia. Not saying it isn't a great song but what does it represent.
Rocky Top is the song of East Tennessee. It might not represent the entire state but come on it was written at a time in the South when it was insular especially to the anyone from up North.

Reactions: TheTruthof2018
ADVERTISEMENT