ADVERTISEMENT

Do any deniers care about the Federal report on Climate Change?

I’ve read the Forbes article, and the following two paragraphs are directly from that article:

In fact, even if we include the rare, very large volcanic eruptions, like 1980′s Mount St. Helens or 1991′s Mount Pinatubo eruption, they only emitted 10 and 50 million tons of CO2 each, respectively. It would take three Mount St. Helens and one Mount Pinatubo eruption every day to equal the amount that humanity is presently emitting.
If not for the influence of humans, the climate and carbon dioxide concentrations would be stable. Rising CO2 is a problem that we’re actively causing, and if we want to fix it, that’s up to us, too

Did you read the article you posted?

Yes I read them both and the point I wanted you to see is that even adding all of that non man made CO2 from those volcano eruptions, overall global temps went down.

Why does that not impress you what a farce the whole issue is? Even with those volcanos adding to what we produce, there was no global warming and the articles spelled out why. You just skipped over that part.

Yes I read them both and the point I wanted you to see is that even adding all of that non man made CO2 from those volcano eruptions, overall global temps went down.

Why does that not impress you what a farce the whole issue is? Even with those volcanos adding to what we produce, there was no global warming and the articles spelled out why. You just skipped over that part.
SotC2017_01_GlobalSurfaceTemps_graph_large.png

You are seriously ridiculous. The data is very clear.

Ocean temperatures are even worse. It’s obvious and clear. It’s you my friend who is skipping over parts. One article you posted literally concluded with an agreement of my position in this thread......and you used it as a reference to the opposite.

Ocean temperatures are even worse. It’s obvious and clear. It’s you my friend who is skipping over parts. One article you posted literally concluded with an agreement of my position in this thread......and you used it as a reference to the opposite.

I just had a thought that is probably more funny than scientific. It will never happen because Almighty God is merciful but he does have a sense of humor.

So lets suppose as a gag, he removes his governing authority regulating how close the earth remains away from the Sun? Wouldn't it be a hoot watching the planet spin out of control away from the Sun's warming rays 93 million miles away and we started turning into a giant Blue popsicle?(ha, ha)

Just imagine for a moment what a freak show it would be watching you climate changers scrambling to heat us up after all these years convincing us to cool down? I wonder what you'd all do to generate enough heat to keep us from freezing to death?

That would be funny.

Thank God we don't have to worry about that. We are at the precise angle from the Sun that we don't freeze to death, yet not so close we burn up like pieces of fried bologna! And we don't have anything we have to do to keep it that way. It's all done for us.

Thank you Jesus!

I just had a thought that is probably more funny than scientific. It will never happen because Almighty God is merciful but he does have a sense of humor.

So lets suppose as a gag, he removes his governing authority regulating how close the earth remains away from the Sun? Wouldn't it be a hoot watching the planet spin out of control away from the Sun's warming rays 93 million miles away and we started turning into a giant Blue popsicle?(ha, ha)

Just imagine for a moment what a freak show it would be watching you climate changers scrambling to heat us up after all these years convincing us to cool down? I wonder what you'd all do to generate enough heat to keep us from freezing to death?

That would be funny.

Thank God we don't have to worry about that. We are at the precise angle from the Sun that we don't freeze to death, yet not so close we burn up like pieces of fried bologna! And we don't have anything we have to do to keep it that way. It's all done for us.

Thank you Jesus!
THIS is what’s dangerous about religion.

Reactions: CpEER
THIS is what’s dangerous about religion.

Why is that dangerous boom? I think it's hillarious. If we were to start spinning wildy out of control away from the Sun what could "climate controllers" on the Left do about it? Recreate another Sun?

So your argument is we're heating up the planet right? Why did the temps drop for the past two years as the article I linked to pointed out? What switch did we flip to cool it off?

SotC2017_01_GlobalSurfaceTemps_graph_large.png

You are seriously ridiculous. The data is very clear.

As clear as your data you insist is that proves your point why do you refuse to answer a simple question that I asked you earlier in the thread? That is what has greater control over the daily or even yearly temperatures that we experience on this planet...humans or the Sun?

Why do you refuse to answer that?

You simply refuse to answer that... it's comical!

So your argument is we're heating up the planet right? Why did the temps drop for the past two years as the article I linked to pointed out? What switch did we flip to cool it off?
The last two years were below average levels?

As clear as your data you insist is that proves your point why do you refuse to answer a simple question that I asked you earlier in the thread? That is what has greater control over the daily or even yearly temperatures that we experience on this planet...humans or the Sun?

Why do you refuse to answer that?

You simply refuse to answer that it's comical!
It’s not relevant

It’s not relevant

It disproves your point! That question actually doesn't dismiss the potential for human-caused global warming. I asked which has the greater impact?

The Left argues it's Man. I'm arguing it's the Sun!

Last edited:
It’s not relevant

All I've argued in this thread is that the science is inconclusive on the man-made portion of the global warming we do measure. I am not saying humans have no impact, I'm questioning how much impact they have? And I am most certainly insisting that it does not exceed that of the Sun.

However I am willing to look at more data but the data that you or others provide or refuse to provide is not conclusive.

That's our ongoing scrum about this issue.

All I've argued in this thread is that the science is inconclusive on the man-made portion of the global warming we do measure. I am not saying humans have no impact, I'm questioning how much impact they have? And I am most certainly insisting that it does not exceed that of the Sun.

However I am willing to look at more data but the data that you or others provide or refuse to provide is not conclusive.

That's our ongoing scrum about this issue.
It’s NOT INCONCLUSIVE at all.

So humans are contributing to heating the planet but by how much is not relevant?

So then why are you worried about it?
Because it’s the makeup of the fvcking atmosphere that is concerning dimwit! You just don’t read anything that you “debate” against do you?

Boomboom, if you are so concerned about climate change why did you recently bring another life onto this earth? You expanded your carbon footprint and I find that unacceptable.

BTW...do you know how much CO2 was spewed into the atmosphere during the eruption of Kilauea volcano this past summer? Do you think since the 50s humans have pumped more CO2 into the atmosphere causing "climate change" than that volcano did in a little over 4 weeks?

So what do you think has happened to global temperatures the past two years with all of that non man made CO2 injected into our fragile climate held together on a shoe string by man?

Two years of global cooling:scream:

https://www.investors.com/politics/...ange-global-warming-earth-cooling-media-bias/

Volcanos emit far more CO2s than man

https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...-co2-does-a-single-volcano-emit/#70c4e72e5cbf

Kilauea was the worst

https://newrepublic.com/article/148542/kilaueas-impact-climate

False.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

jfc this thread is embarrassing. Proof that our educational systems have failed us. @atlkvb what is your degree in? Do you even have an education beyond high school? Do you find it odd than none of your usual running mates are rushing in to defend your assertions like “humans don’t produce CO2” and claiming that people who believe in climate change are stating that “humans are generating the heat and not the sun.” They are letting you fly solo here. Are you beginning to wonder why yet?

Just flat out stupidly on full display. Like I said 70 replies ago...you probably should have bowed out after admitting that you were ignorant on the subject. Yet here we are.

It’s NOT INCONCLUSIVE at all.

Then tell me based on the data that you have provided what percentage of the global warming measured is caused by man? All of it? some of it? most of it? give me a number that's conclusive?

Because it’s the makeup of the fvcking atmosphere that is concerning dimwit! You just don’t read anything that you “debate” against do you?

And to what degree have humans "changed" the atmosphere?

False.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

jfc this thread is embarrassing. Proof that our educational systems have failed us. @atlkvb what is your degree in? Do you even have an education beyond high school? Do you find it odd than none of your usual running mates are rushing in to defend your assertions like “humans don’t produce CO2” and claiming that people who believe in climate change are stating that “humans are generating the heat and not the sun.” They are letting you fly solo here. Are you beginning to wonder why yet?

Just flat out stupidly on full display. Like I said 70 replies ago...you probably should have bowed out after admitting that you were ignorant on the subject. Yet here we are.

If you are as insulted intellectually as you appear to be in this post then why are you reading the thread?

Bored?

While you're here let me ask you. Do you think humans have more impact changing the climate or the temperature of the globe than the Sun?

That would be funny.

Thank you Jesus!

“MAGIC MAN IN SKY MAKE IT ALL BETTER”

Ever think that maybe...just maybe...this omnipresent, omnipresnt being that created this infinite universe might have other shit to do? What if he could give two shits about these pissant little creatures on pale blue dot #3565489 in sector #46880637 kill themselves off? The earth ain’t going anywhere, fella. It is us humans that will have destroyed the very conditions that have allowed us to thrive for so long. Something else will just happily take our place. In the words of one of the great scientific minds of our time, Dr. Ian Malcolm “Life...uh...finds a way.”

Reactions: Boomboom521
“MAGIC MAN IN SKY MAKE IT ALL BETTER”

Ever think that maybe...just maybe...this omnipresent, omnipresnt being that created this infinite universe might have other shit to do? What if he could give two shits about these pissant little creatures on pale blue dot #3565489 in sector #46880637 kill themselves off? The earth ain’t going anywhere, fella. It is us humans that will have destroyed the very conditions that have allowed us to thrive for so long. Something else will just happily take our place. In the words of one of the great scientific minds of our time, Dr. Ian Malcolm “Life...uh...finds a way.”

It is the fool who in his heart says there is no God. Psalm 14.

If you are as insulted intellectually as you appear to be in this post then why are you reading the thread?

Bored?

While you're here let me ask you. Do you think humans have more impact changing the climate or the temperature of the globe than the Sun?

I’m just utterly amazed at not only your ignorance but at your willingness to keep showing it. It’s truly staggering stupidity. You have shown exactly why nobody should take you seriously.

Your question shows precisely how much you do not know about the subject but let me ask you this...

Take your left hand and place it under a magnifying glass held by your right hand and place it in direct sunlight. Which was more responsible for the burning sensation you felt...the sun or your right hand holding the magnifying glass?

Reactions: bamaEER
I’m just utterly amazed at not only your ignorance but at your willingness to keep showing it. It’s truly staggering stupidity. You have shown exactly why nobody should take you seriously.

Your question shows precisely how much you do not know about the subject but let me ask you this...

Take your left hand and place it under a magnifying glass held by your right hand and place it in direct sunlight. Which was more responsible for the burning sensation you felt...the sun or your right hand holding the magnifying glass?

That's a stupid analogy because without the Sun it wouldn't burn. Why don't you just answer the question?

I’m just utterly amazed at not only your ignorance but at your willingness to keep showing it.

Since you're such a Rhode's scholar let me see if I can uncomplicate this for you?

In this debate we have two competing heating forces on the earth. On one hand the Sun and humans on the other. One has a greater impact in its ability to heat the globe. The question is which one?

Is that uncomplicated enough for you or do you need the cliff notes version?

That's a stupid analogy because without the Sun it wouldn't burn. Why don't you just answer the question?

Humans are creating the conditions that allow the sun to make us hotter. How is that hard for you to understand?

You never answered my question earlier. What is your degree in?

Reactions: Boomboom521
Since you're such a Rhode's scholar let me see if I can uncomplicate this for you?

In this debate we have two competing heating forces the song on one hand and humans on the other. One has a greater impact and its ability to heat the globe. The question is which one?

Is that uncomplicated enough for you or do you need the cliff notes version?

They are not competing. Why do you say they are competing? Why on earth would you think they are competing? You once again are showing that you don’t know anything about this subject.

“In this debate we have two competing heating forces on the earth.” jfc. That’s not how this works and you just can’t change the laws of thermodynamics so you can argue a side in a debate. lol omg

Humans are creating the conditions that allow the sun to make us hotter. How is that hard for you to understand?

You never answered my question earlier. What is your degree in?

You never answered my question who has greater ability to heat the globe? Humans or the Sun?

They are not competing. Why do you say they are competing? Why on earth would you think they are competing? You once again are showing that you don’t know anything about this subject.

Because you Leftists are worried about "man-made" global warming you're not concerned about the Sun's heat!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT