ADVERTISEMENT

Do any deniers care about the Federal report on Climate Change?

You’re smart enough to understand how many studies are done on this issue. Glacier melt, ocean temps, bleaching, atmospheric temp, animal migration, oceanlife, etc.....the mistakes made on the study, you and most conservatives are choosing to pretend is common, are not the fvcking story.

Case in point, the federal report I linked has outlined substantial impacts to our own economy......yet you shout it down by citing a Princeton study on ocean temp miscalculating the margin of error on their findings.....and even though the studdy’s conclusion was accurate, it’s used as an example of how the science is wrong wrong wrong
I said I’m not a denier. I’m ambivalent to the subject. They need to clean up their shit though and stop giving ammunition to the opposition by fabricating data, massaging models, and producing inaccurate findings.

Also, they need to hone their message on achievable results. Sky is falling isn’t a strategy.

the suggestion is we can even kill all of Marine Life in the Ocean

Glacier melt, ocean temps, bleaching, atmospheric temp, animal migration, oceanlife, etc..

the reality is we haven't even mapped over 80% of the Ocean!

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/exploration.html

excerpt
"The ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering more than 70 percent of the planet's surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting all living organisms. Throughout history, the ocean has been a vital source of sustenance, transport, commerce, growth, and inspiration.

Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, more than eighty percent of this vast, underwater realm remains unmapped, unobserved, and unexplored"

so the question is:

with something as vast as the Ocean which has such a dramatic impact on Earth temperatures (the Earth is 70% water) how is it we have the capability to destroy all of the Marine Life in it, and control the atmosphere temperatures above it which it also is responsible for forming along with the Sun and Wind?

We have no control over any of those elements, and we've barely explored 20% of a substance that covers 70% of our planet! (Oceans) o_O Yet we are going to destroy all the Marine Life in it, and somehow change the temperatures of the atmosphere that sits over it? :confused:

We humans are some bad ass MoFo's.

I said I’m not a denier.

I am. We can't "heat up" the Earth. We (humans) don't have that capability and wouldn't know how to do it if we did. It's a hoax, and no one on the Left can prove it so they rely on "models" that are always decades away and unprovable when they are pronounced yet none of them is ever reliable when previous "doomsday" models predicting global catastrophe turn out be false. Like the prediction of the polar ice caps melting by 2020 predicted back in the late 70's and early 80's. 40 years later, and the polar ice caps are e-x-p-a-n-d-i-n-g

No apologies from Leftist "global warming" alarmists...they just flipped the name of the imminent danger from humans that proved false 40 years later. The new threat is "climate change". Of course the climate always "changes" correct? So, what do humans have to do with it? Zero, Zippo, Zilch, Nada...but we're constantly told we need bigger government to prevent "climate change" 50 years from now.

Meantime, we can't even predict the exact hi or low temperatures for tomorrow.[eyeroll]

excerpt
"Based on the U.N.'s models, temperatures should have been shooting up sharply starting in about 1995. By this year, model temperatures show we should have had just under a 1.0 degree centigrade rise in temperature, a significant temperature spike in what is, in geological time, an extremely short period. It was those models that were used to sell the world on the idea that we needed a drastic reordering of our global economic priorities immediately.
The reality: virtually no change in temperature. Put simply, the models are wrong."

article:
Global warming: who are the deniers now?
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/global-warming-who-are-the-deniers-now/

Last edited:
I said I’m not a denier. I’m ambivalent to the subject. They need to clean up their shit though and stop giving ammunition to the opposition by fabricating data, massaging models, and producing inaccurate findings.

Also, they need to hone their message on achievable results. Sky is falling isn’t a strategy.

Why do Leftists get so angry whenever they are challenged over any of this? Why not just explain what the science is, and refute counterarguments to it? They literally get angry and upset at you if you question them on if any of this is legit or not?

Why?

Lost credibility years ago, next subject
lol

canthearyou-1.jpg

Last edited:
@Boomboom521 do you see now all you've had for me in this thread are attacks? No answers. No defense of your positions. Not even an attempt to honestly educate or engage. Simply anger that your preordained Leftist thought process is being challenged, and unable or unwilling to defend or explain what you actually believe, you simply attack me for asking/challenging you!

The reason I asked you the questions I did was not to attack your belief system, but to get you to explain it. This is what you folks on the Left have the most difficulty doing. You either refuse to admit to what you believe, or you can't even explain it...not honestly. So you lash out, call names, act insulted, insult, or otherwise do everything except defend what you actually believe!

You all do this on issues of race, economics, science, abortion, whatever the issue is. You can't defend your positions and win your arguments on their merits, and you all get violently angry when challenged to do so. As I mentioned I've had this same type of exchange with @Bulya @CpEER @bamaEER @Original Mountaineer1 @tjebarr and a host of others who pull the exact same stunts when they are challenged to defend their Leftist views.

Name calling, arrogance, derision, put downs, dismissive snide remarks, or flat our refusal to defend their positions or answer to what they actually believe or think. I did this for the rest of the board to see exactly what they are up against blogging with you folks, and hopefully for them to see what a total waste of time it generally turns out to be.

I won't bother you anymore for an honest answer...what for? I know you don't have one, or can't give one.

Dude with the end of college football all you can do is rant about politics? Aren't you still pissed about what happened Friday night? Spend some of that energy bashing the Big 12 officiating crew on the non called targeting and PF on Simmons and how we threw that game away. I don't give a f*ck about politics right now I'm still pissed how this weekend went down. Did you notice how good Ok St. looked last night and Iowa State at home too? Joke we lost both of those games as well. Dana had it laid out on a platter for him and the idiot couldn't get it done AGAIN!

Leftists believe it's easier for us to change the climate than it is to reduce wasteful government s
Dude with the end of college football all you can do is rant about politics? Aren't you still pissed about what happened Friday night? Spend some of that energy bashing the Big 12 officiating crew on the non called targeting and PF on Simmons and how we threw that game away. I don't give a f*ck about politics right now I'm still pissed how this weekend went down. Did you notice how good Ok St. looked last night and Iowa State at home too? Joke we lost both of those games as well. Dana had it laid out on a platter for him and the idiot couldn't get it done AGAIN!

I agree with you we're all pissed about that game. The most frustrating thing Bulya my man is there isn't a damn thing we can do about it now. It's over. I hate Big 12 Zebras. They always have it out for us. You're 100% correct, they cost us that game.

The only thing worse than losing is realizing no one else cares except us.

Reactions: Bulya

The sources you choose to read are biased then. Achievable, tangible changes have been requested and advocated for decades now.

And for every study highlighting incorrect data, there are 300 studies that are accurate and sound. There are hawks constantly scanning for any movement that could present possible fraud on this subject. But if one simply looks at facts alone, there’s no denying the danger.

Question is do we care what they think? No.
I think so. Not only is this the most important issue of our time, imo. It is a subject that highlights the ability of the human being to use denial to shape their reality. No other subject is as definitive, yet still seen as a hoax by some. Reminds me of evolution deniers, only worse. It’s a very interesting ability / disease humans have.....this passionate denial of truth in favor of the selfish.

I think so. Not only is this the most important issue of our time, imo. It is a subject that highlights the ability of the human being to use denial to shape their reality. No other subject is as definitive, yet still seen as a hoax by some. Reminds me of evolution deniers, only worse. It’s a very interesting ability / disease humans have.....this passionate denial of truth in favor of the selfish.
The crowd who thinks it’s about the economy and not about the planet are lost. They’ll slowly come around. And if they don’t, their kids will and that’s the more important audience anyway.

Reactions: Boomboom521
A general question to the Left about "deniers". To you all, man made climate change is real, confirmed Scientific fact...man made ability to change temperatures on the globe is established science and to deny it is to deny science itself correct? Climate deniers as you call them. However, there is another factor scientifically in this question about how the earth is heated that is equally denied at the expense of humans. It's called The Sun.

So, isn't it also a scientifically proven fact that earth is floating through outer space untethered and unregulated by any human being or force? Yet with mathematically timed precision and at exactly and precisely determined apertures of rotation, it's systematically rotating around the Sun which is 93 million miles away from us and manages to heat this planet without our ability to effect it in any way, shape or form?

So what is the biggest denial by the "deniers"?

Human power to heat up the earth, or that we actually have zero power over the Sun & its overwhelming ability to heat up the earth from a distance we can't even physically reach?

One is an absolute denial, and one is absolutely true. Which is the greater denial by the so called "deniers".

A few facts about the Sun...the Earth's nearest Star
  • The Sun accounts for 99.86% of the mass in the solar system. It has a mass of around 330,000 times that of Earth. It is three quarters hydrogen and most of its remaining mass is helium.
  • Over one million Earth’s could fit inside the Sun. If you were to fill a hollow Sun with spherical Earths, somewhere around 960,000 would fit inside. However, if you squashed those Earths to ensure there was no wasted space then you could fit 1,300,000 Earths inside the Sun. The surface area of the Sun is 11,990 times that of Earth.
  • One day the Sun will consume the Earth. The Sun will continue to burn for about 130 million years after it burns through all of its hydrogen, instead burning helium. During this time it will expand to such a size that it will engulf Mercury, Venus, and Earth. When it reaches this point, it will have become a red giant star.
  • The energy created by the Sun’s core is nuclear fusion. This huge amount of energy is produced when four hydrogen nuclei are combined into one helium nucleus.
  • The Sun is almost a perfect sphere. Considering the sheer size of the Sun, there is only a 10 km difference in its polar and equatorial diameters – this makes it the closest thing to a perfect sphere observed in nature.
  • The Sun is travelling at 220 km per second. It is around 24,000-26,000 light-years from the galactic centre and it takes the Sun approximately 225-250 million years to complete one orbit of the centre of the Milky Way.
  • The Sun will eventually be about the size of Earth. Once the Sun has completed its red giant phase, it will collapse. It’s huge mass will be retained, but it will have a volume similar to that of Earth. When that happens, it will be known as a white dwarf.
  • It takes eight minutes for light to reach Earth from the Sun. The average distance from the Sun to the Earth is about 150 million km. Light travels at 300,000 km per second so dividing one by the other gives you 500 seconds – eight minutes and twenty seconds. This energy can reach Earth in mere minutes, but it takes millions of years to travel from the Sun’s core to its surface.
  • The Sun is halfway through its life. At 4.5 billion years old, the Sun has burned off around half of its hydrogen stores and has enough left to continue burning hydrogen for another 5 billion years. Currently the Sun is a yellow dwarf star.
  • The distance between Earth and Sun changes. This is because the Earth travels on a elliptical orbit path around the Sun. The distance between the two ranges from 147 to 152 million km. This distance between them is one Astronomical Unit (AU).
  • The Sun rotates in the opposite direction to Earth with the Sun rotating from west to east instead of east to west like Earth.
  • The Sun rotates more quickly at its equator than it does close to its poles. This is known as differential rotation.
  • The Sun has a powerful magnetic field. When magnetic energy is released by the Sun during magnetic storms, solar flares occur which we see on Earth as sunspots. Sunspots are dark areas on the Sun’s surface caused by magnetic variations. The reason they appear dark is due to their temperature being much lower than surrounding areas.
  • Temperatures inside the Sun can reach 15 million degrees Celsius. Energy is generated through nuclear fusion in the Sun’s core – this is when hydrogen converts to helium – and because objects generally expand, the Sun would explode like an enormous bomb if it wasn’t for it’s tremendous gravitational pull.
  • The Sun generates solar winds. These are ejections of plasma (extremely hot charged particles) that originate in the layer of the Sun know as the corona and they can travel through the solar system at up to 450 km per second.
  • The atmosphere of the Sun is composed of three layers: the photosphere, the chromosphere, and the corona.
  • The Sun is classified as a yellow dwarf star. It is a main sequence star with surface temperatures between 5,000 and 5,700 degrees celsius (9,000 and 10,300 degrees fahrenheit).
  • The Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis are caused by the interaction of solar winds with Earth’s atmosphere.
Source: https://theplanets.org/the-sun/

Nice copy and paste

The sources you choose to read are biased then. Achievable, tangible changes have been requested and advocated for decades now.

And for every study highlighting incorrect data, there are 300 studies that are accurate and sound. There are hawks constantly scanning for any movement that could present possible fraud on this subject. But if one simply looks at facts alone, there’s no denying the danger.

You have to realize, he's straight party line. Whatever Trump and the Republicans tell him/them, they believe 100%. Example: Evidence suggesting "climate change" isn't tangible evidence......yet, they attack public education with "tangible evidence".......

If you're as passionate about this as you say (and I believe you are) and it's as easy to demonstrate as you claim (is it?) why is your defense of it so weak? For instance I'm passionate about the sanctity of Human Life..have argued it strenuously here...linked articles to it stressing my points etc. I do not dismiss those who challenge my passion with offhanded remarks like "you're too stupid to understand how precious Life is". I defend it, and try hard to prove my point.

I asked you to explain to me how it is possible for us to control Ocean temperatures or kill all Marine Life in an area we have yet to explore almost 80% of it? Something that comprises 70% of the planet's substance and contributes more to its overall temperature than the very small pieces of land we occupy on it? Instead of answering my question with your passionate defense and demonstrated scientific accuracy, you insult my ability to comprehend your evidence.

You're not as passionate about it as you claim, or you simply are unable to make your defense for it as strenuously as you state your passion for the issue.

Can you point out one climate change model that's turned out exactly as predicted? Just one?

The crowd who thinks it’s about the economy and not about the planet are lost. They’ll slowly come around. And if they don’t, their kids will and that’s the more important audience anyway.

Is human ability to heat up the planet greater than the Sun's? If it is how so?

If it is not, then why are we worried about what the Sun is perfectly capable of doing and in ultimate control of without our "assistance"? (heating up the planet)

Can you point out one climate change model that's turned out exactly as predicted? Just one?

OTOH...the Sun operates with such mathematical precision that we can predict 300 million years into its future! Why can't we "predict" climate change as accurately which we ostensibly have more control over than the Sun? (which ironically has far more power heating up Earth than we humans do?)

@Boomboom521 here's one for 'ya....

Using your best post global warming models (not future predictions, past results) can you show me how much impact humans have had on overall global temperatures compared to our earliest ability to measure atmospheric changes?

As you no doubt are aware, we haven't always had this ability to effect change in the temperature of the earth or its atmosphere, but the Sun has been doing this for billions of years. We do have the scientific data to compare our current global temperatures to what they were measured by estimates say as recently as 200 years ago...well before our ability to "change" the climate, so to what extent based on those measurements have humans effected overall global temperatures relative to the Sun as measured by historically calculated and confirmed global data?

(I have looked into this, so let's compare our data and see what we each come up with?)

So again, just show me using past climate change results how much change humans have had on the overall temperatures of the globe vs the Sun since we (humans) have been "changing" the climate or heating up the planet?

How much of a difference have we made over the Sun's long history of doing this?

Got it? Great...let's see your data.

Last edited:
This isn’t remotely close to the most important question of our time. If it were, then the last administration would have done more than token actions that amounted to a transfer of wealth from the established nations to shitholes.

Reactions: atlkvb
This isn’t remotely close to the most important question of our time. If it were, then the last administration would have done more than token actions that amounted to a transfer of wealth from the established nations to shitholes.

That unfortunately is the most commonly proscribed solution to a problem that at its base is argued by the Left from a Scientific standpoint! They use "science" to justify the phenomenon. Why then do they not offer Scientific solutions? It's always income redistribution offered as the solution to man made global warming. ALWAYS.

Excellent point @DvlDog4WVU

Bullsh1t. Obama should have and could have done more surely, but after W and his Republican Congress crashed our economy his hands were somewhat tied.

He did much more than token actions, and set the table for more to be done. Trump has undone almost everything.

You might not see you're mistaken, but I’m sure your children will see your mistake very clearly.

Obama should have and could have done more surely, but after W and his Republican Congress crashed our economy his hands were somewhat tied.

So I gather from this only the United States is responsible for heating up the planet? Since Republicans blocked Obama, the planet heated up well past what it would have if Republicans had allowed Obama to stop it?o_O

Bullsh1t. Obama should have and could have done more surely, but after W and his Republican Congress crashed our economy his hands were somewhat tied.

He did much more than token actions, and set the table for more to be done. Trump has undone almost everything.

You might not see you're mistaken, but I’m sure your children will see your mistake very clearly.
Dude, it’s been doom and gloom sky is falling bullshit for 40 years from the climate crowd. It’s horseshit theatrics.

I'm passionate about the sanctity of Human Life..have argued it strenuously here...linked articles to it stressing my points etc. I do not dismiss those who challenge my passion with offhanded remarks like "you're too stupid to understand how precious Life is". I defend it, and try hard to prove my point.

@Boomboom521 this is a very good analogy I want to further explore as a comparison/contrast. For instance I typically argue my Pro Life positions using the Science and morality of it. Scientifically, I use the uniqueness of DNA to demonstrate that a fetus is indeed a precision crafted creation of intelligent design and specifically human in its essence as well as alive. If it's not alive or human then what else is it, and why must one kill it in order to abort it? Morally I argue we value Human Life, and do not indiscriminately kill it simply because it is unwanted.

By comparison, you argue humans have and are effecting significant changes in the temperatures of the earth by interfering with the Sun's ability to do this. Man made climate change by your argument, is such a threat, that we MUST arrest its devastating effects before it destroys the planet correct? So what is your argument proving your thesis similar to mine about the sanctity of Human Life? Where is your Scientific data to buttress your position? What changes compared to the Sun's natural activity can you point to in the atmosphere caused by Man which prove humans are more capable of warming the globe than the Sun itself, so much so we are in imminent danger of destroying the planet?

To me as a climate "denier" this is your ultimate test. Similar to my position as a Pro Lifer, that DNA is my ultimate proof of the unique sanctity of Human Life. If humans are capable of effecting global climate temperatures beyond the Sun's ability, where is your defense with evidence supporting this? More importantly, where is your Defense of it at all?

It isn’t at all, but you have to have a scope that extends beyond 50yrs

I asked you to show me this "scope" as it relates to man made activity vs scientifically measured and confirmed historical data relative to the Sun's warming. If you don't answer me that's fine, I'll post it anyway...but I am curious how much confirmation you can post of significant human alteration of otherwise historically reliable climate warming data relative to the Sun?

Dude, it’s been doom and gloom sky is falling bullshit for 40 years from the climate crowd. It’s horseshit theatrics.

So, let's say you are told you have cancer and it's treatable. You decide, "ahh, **** it...., I don't believe what the doctors (experts) say" and live the next 5 years in relatively good health. Then you start seeing yourself getting tired, exhausted, not as much energy, functioning lessons, etc. Go back to the doctor, he says "uh, you have cancer".....and then you shrug it off again.....

What do you think is going to happen? Yeah.......you die.

My point? We have experts saying that things need to change. You and others stick your head in the sand and deny it. Eventually, our future generations are going to say "F**K you great-great grandpa for screwing up the planet".

We were told in the 70's that we'd all be underwater by now if we did nothing. We did a lot more than nothing yet despite all we've done we're still 50 years later being told "we have to act now because in another 50 years the planet won't even exist" if we continue doing nothing!

Of course what we must "do" is immediately surrender our way of life and comforts and transfer our wealth to third world sh*tholes run by Socialists.

Then they wonder why we're "skeptics"?

Last edited:
So, let's say you are told you have cancer and it's treatable. You decide, "ahh, **** it...., I don't believe what the doctors (experts) say" and live the next 5 years in relatively good health. Then you start seeing yourself getting tired, exhausted, not as much energy, functioning lessons, etc. Go back to the doctor, he says "uh, you have cancer".....and then you shrug it off again.....

What do you think is going to happen? Yeah.......you die.

My point? We have experts saying that things need to change. You and others stick your head in the sand and deny it. Eventually, our future generations are going to say "F**K you great-great grandpa for screwing up the planet".
I’m not saying it’s not happening, but the proposed solutions were bullshit. We have an island of trash about the size of a US State in the pacific. How bout we clean that up? It’s at least tangible.

Funneling money to shithole nations and imposing restrictions on our own Country while allowing a pass to the nations who are really causing the problem isn’t exactly a solution. Climate crisis people suck at messaging. It’s not even debatable.

It isn’t at all, but you have to have a scope that extends beyond 50yrs
Agree to disagree. Until the climate crisis people can hone their message into something tangible, they’re not going to get any traction or move my needle.

Have you ever been to China, Brazil, India, literally anywhere in Africa and the Middle East?

if one simply looks at facts alone, there’s no denying the danger.

Not one of you is citing any data or quoting any measured statistics proving your point. How do you convince the next generation of your accuracy or your predictions by your silence?

I’m not saying it’s not happening, but the proposed solutions were bullshit. We have an island of trash about the size of a US State in the pacific. How bout we clean that up? It’s at least tangible.

Funneling money to shithole nations and imposing restrictions on our own Country while allowing a pass to the nations who are really causing the problem isn’t exactly a solution. Climate crisis people suck at messaging. It’s not even debatable.

Sometimes, people (or nations) have to take the lead in something and eventually PROVE to everyone else it's the right thing to do. Not doing anything because "well they aren't" is sticking your head in the sand.

Agree to disagree. Until the climate crisis people can hone their message into something tangible, they’re not going to get any traction or move my needle.

Have you ever been to China, Brazil, India, literally anywhere in Africa and the Middle East?

Isn't it amazing how all of the "global warming" is a result of American wealth
& prosperity? The only solutions offered to address it involve transferring that wealth & prosperity away from America and to less prosperous nations? Why are they exempt from their contributions to man made climate change, and the only ones capable of addressing it are American taxpayers and Americans who are being asked to change their luxurious lifestyles?

What solutions to made made climate change do NOT involve America sending more money to less prosperous nations, or surrendering our way of life and luxury comforts?

Last edited:

What is the scientific solution being offered by climate change alarmists to arrest human destruction of the planet by warming it up? I simply do not hear any scientific solutions, all I hear are income redistribution plans...carbon taxes and such. Why is the solution to a scientific phenomenon always economic in terms of simply redistributing incomes? How does income redistribution stop man made global warming? Why is it always offered as a solution when it is never cited as a direct cause?

Sometimes, people (or nations) have to take the lead in something and eventually PROVE to everyone else it's the right thing to do. Not doing anything because "well they aren't" is sticking your head in the sand.
I disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT