ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 cashing in.

#BIG12WINNING
I am sure the Clemson fan will be on here shortly to explain that the gap is not that wide and will write several pages on teir 3 rights. I made that argument last year that there is stability when fianances are good. The negative nanceys do not agree.

This is why I don't understand the media saying the Big 12 on deaths door.

On behalf of my alma mater: Thank you, Big 12, for getting WVU, with tier rights, to $43 million, more than SEC schools. From $9.9 million from the Big East to this. God bless you, Oliver Luck!

We could drop to FCS level and grovel for cash to play the big boys.

Bit extreme don't you think? That's like if I said I want to change to a job that makes less money, but I'd enjoy better and your response is that I could go panhandle on the side of the road. I doubt anyone outside of the University admins and coaches care more about how competitive the money is versus the how the team performs on the field/court.

Bit extreme don't you think? That's like if I said I want to change to a job that makes less money, but I'd enjoy better and your response is that I could go panhandle on the side of the road. I doubt anyone outside of the University admins and coaches care more about how competitive the money is versus the how the team performs on the field/court.

When we find ourselves brought to our extremity, we are often very little prepared. It is one thing to utter or hearken to a truth, and another thing to realize the power of that truth.It is one thing, when sailing over a calm sea, to speak of the ability to keep us in a storm, and it is another thing altogether to prove that ability when the storm is actually raging around us.

We may just notice, in conclusion, the way we're affected by the scene on which we have been dwelling.

In a short few words... Take The Money & Run...

When we find ourselves brought to our extremity, we are often very little prepared. It is one thing to utter or hearken to a truth, and another thing to realize the power of that truth.It is one thing, when sailing over a calm sea, to speak of the ability to keep us in a storm, and it is another thing altogether to prove that ability when the storm is actually raging around us.

We may just notice, in conclusion, the way we're affected by the scene on which we have been dwelling.

In a short few words... Take The Money & Run...

That is what the University is doing. But I personally don't watch the Mountaineers to cheer during commercial breaks about how much money those advertisers are paying is going into WVU coffers.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I personally don't watch the Mountaineers to cheer during commercial breaks about how much money those advertisers are paying are going into WVU coffers.

Now that is one of the best comments ever lol. Money goes to pay mediocre coaches huge dollars among other things. Makes me feel better about the Mountaineer football team's 32-29 in conference record. Lots of money to get a C in the course lol.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Now that is one of the best comments ever lol. Money goes to pay mediocre coaches huge dollars among other things. Makes me feel better about the Mountaineer football team's 32-29 in conference record. Lots of money to get a C in the course lol.
Love how you always look at the positives.

Last edited:
You're right. Could be 29-32 instead of 32-29. Could be playing in a stadium without beer. Could be using the money to improve academic standards. Could be...

I believe it's 27-27 in Big 12 conference and 5-2 in Big Least.

Or we could be in the AAC.

Reading comprehension challenged? Let me make this so simple that even you can grasp it. No one is saying the Mountaineers shouldn't be in the Big 12-2=10...or that the money isn't good. However for the increased investment in the football program WVU has settled into being mediocre...and a lot of folks feel that is ok. I don't. Get it?

Reading comprehension challenged? Let me make this so simple that even you can grasp it. No one is saying the Mountaineers shouldn't be in the Big 12-2=10...or that the money isn't good. However for the increased investment in the football program WVU has settled into being mediocre...and a lot of folks feel that is ok. I don't. Get it?
I really did not think you do anything but simple. Simply bitch and moan about everything. LOL

1%er Greg not pleased.

Just need the GOR extended and a Conference Network for long term contract negotiations then alls good. I’ve never posted anything about Conference revenue. Only conference stability. We all know for a fact that the Big12 has always been the conference that looses teams when expansion occurs. ACCs GOR solid for another 20 years or so. Big12 GOR not extended yet. Just sayin.

I am sure the Clemson fan will be on here shortly to explain that the gap is not that wide and will write several pages on teir 3 rights. I made that argument last year that there is stability when fianances are good. The negative nanceys do not agree.

Why would Clemson care about anything WVU? The WVU football program is not on Clemson’s level. Not even close.

Not having a good back up QB really hurt last year. Hopefully that has changed. Time will tell.

Not sure backup QB is any better situation this year. In fairness to Holgy he was fortunate to land such a high quality transfer to begin with so maybe QBs in high school looked other directions. I’ve never understood why top high school QBs wouldn’t flock to play in his offense.

Just need the GOR extended and a Conference Network for long term contract negotiations then alls good. I’ve never posted anything about Conference revenue. Only conference stability. We all know for a fact that the Big12 has always been the conference that looses teams when expansion occurs. ACCs GOR solid for another 20 years or so. Big12 GOR not extended yet. Just sayin.
I would agree that it would be icing on the cake to have the GOR extended but having good money is the next best thing for this conference. Keep in mind the B12 did not have the Sugar Bowl money last year. Next year the payout will around $40,000,000 per team not counting the the tier 3 TV rights. I would expect that the margin between the B12 and the ACC will be higher next year but will shrink some as the ACC network comes on line.

Why would Clemson care about anything WVU? The WVU football program is not on Clemson’s level. Not even close.
Ironically @topdecktiger just posted in another thread on this board. He went to great lengths last year explain how the ACC would close the money gap this past year. In fact it went in the opposite direction. Greg you could ask him yourself why he cares about WVU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Our sports sucks, school makes no money. Coaches are awful, we cant win. Everything is terrible, life sucks. Hilary lost.

How many likes can I get for this one?

I would agree that it would be icing on the cake to have the GOR extended but having good money is the next best thing for this conference. Keep in mind the B12 did not have the Sugar Bowl money last year. Next year the payout will around $40,000,000 per team not counting the the tier 3 TV rights. I would expect that the margin between the B12 and the ACC will be higher next year but will shrink some as the ACC network comes on line.

Ironically @topdecktiger just posted in another thread on this board. He went to great lengths last year explain how the ACC would close the money gap this past year. In fact it went in the opposite direction. Greg you could ask him yourself why he cares about WVU.

The ACC hasn't released its payouts for 2017-18. You are basing your $10 million figure by taking last year's figure for the ACC (2016-17), and comparing them to this year's figure for the Big 12 (2017-18). That's simply an inaccurate comparison.

Fair enough 5-0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT