ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC in discussions about forming alliance: Sources

No conference official has even mentioned wvu. I know you're a clueless homer but stop being such a dork. You're beginning to sound like some of the ither juveniles on this board.
No need for personal attacks. I haven't criticized or attacked you in any way. I simply asked how you knew your information to be absolutely true. It was your opinion based upon your observations. There is nothing wrong with that.

On the juvenile thing, for the record I am 68 and saw Bill McKenzie kick the last second field goal to beat Pitt at old Mountaineer Field. That does not necessarily make me any smarter than you, just that I've been around WVU football for a long time.

No conference official has even mentioned wvu. I know you're a clueless homer but stop being such a dork. You're beginning to sound like some of the ither juveniles on this board.
Root what benefit would a conference official actually have in mentioning wvu if they were considering doing business in the future? No one really knows what is going on behind the scenes. I am sure that wvu has made inquiry's. In my lifetime I never remembered having to pay to make an inquiry. Whether or not it leads to anything is nothing more than speculation at this point. Most business deals don't get leaked until they are pretty much finalized. The people in the media who do most of the talking these days are the ones who don't know anything but pretend they know everything.

No need for personal attacks. I haven't criticized or attacked you in any way. I simply asked how you knew your information to be absolutely true. It was your opinion based upon your observations. There is nothing wrong with that.

On the juvenile thing, for the record I am 68 and saw Bill McKenzie kick the last second field goal to beat Pitt at old Mountaineer Field. That does not necessarily make me any smarter than you, just that I've been around WVU football for a long time.
I was at that game as a senior in J school. Was working at wajr writing for jack Fleming. Those were the days when sports were fun. Sad that all now centers on millions of media dollars.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
That would be my thinking. But actually ACC invited Louisville because they knew the Big 12 would eventually invite UL. This was the 2nd major blow up side the head of Big 12-2-2=8. First one was loss of Texas A&M and Missouri. Nebraska and Colorado were not a huge loss.
Actually I switch Nebraska and Missouri in your listing

Social media is a huge reason why OU/UT are in the SEC now. The relentless decade plus long 24/7 365 attack on the BIG 12 conference worked, just as I said it would if people didn't do something about it. They didn't and now we see the results. Went up the foodchain from the fans to boosters to administrators to decision makers and then decisions were made based on the created opinion.

Because you know of its influence, its why you come here to put down WVU and the BIG 12 with your cronies.

And its why you and your cronies are so desperately worried about every word I post.

Stop lying.
Social media has no effect whatsoever on conference expansion. Texas and Oklahoma didn't leave because of social media. Those schools attempted to leave as early as 2010. It had nothing to do with social media.

The actions, or lack thereof, from the Big 12 wasn't because of social media. When the Big 12 considered expanding a couple of years ago, they consulted with the network, and hired consulting firms (such as Navigate Research). The response they got was that there weren't any available schools that would add value to the conference.

The ultimate problems for the Big 12 were a relatively small media footprint, too many schools in overlapping markets, and dissension between Taxes and some of the other schools.

Remember when Nebraska used to be a real factor in college football? And Clemson was just an also ran that Coach Steve Spurrier and USCe usually beat. Alabama actually had a losing record and Miami was one of the major powers despite being a small private school. FSU was total blue blood and kicked Florida's ass regularly.

Texas was one of the top dogs under Mack Brown. Cincinnati was mostly the home of WKRP. And WVU played Notre Dame for the NC. Does it seem weird now that WVU destroyed Clemson 70 - 33? With Swinney at the helm and a 10 - 2 record! One of the best night of my life along with dogging Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Those were two of the best nights of my life, when I didn't get laid of course.

Times do change and the sun does indeed not shine on the same dog's ass forever. Where there is opportunity there is hope, but sometimes it is in vain. But without hope how do we face tomorrow expecting to succeed?

Remember when Nebraska used to be a real factor in college football? And Clemson was just an also ran that Coach Steve Spurrier and USCe usually beat. Alabama actually had a losing record and Miami was one of the major powers despite being a small private school. FSU was total blue blood and kicked Florida's ass regularly.

Texas was one of the top dogs under Mack Brown. Cincinnati was mostly the home of WKRP. And WVU played Notre Dame for the NC. Does it seem weird now that WVU destroyed Clemson 70 - 33? With Swinney at the helm and a 10 - 2 record! One of the best night of my life along with dogging Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Those were two of the best nights of my life, when I didn't get laid of course.

Times do change and the sun does indeed not shine on the same dog's ass forever. Where there is opportunity there is hope, but sometimes it is in vain. But without hope how do we face tomorrow expecting to succeed?
One minor correction. Clemson was 10-3 at the time.

Social media has no effect whatsoever on conference expansion. Texas and Oklahoma didn't leave because of social media. Those schools attempted to leave as early as 2010. It had nothing to do with social media.

The actions, or lack thereof, from the Big 12 wasn't because of social media. When the Big 12 considered expanding a couple of years ago, they consulted with the network, and hired consulting firms (such as Navigate Research). The response they got was that there weren't any available schools that would add value to the conference.

The ultimate problems for the Big 12 were a relatively small media footprint, too many schools in overlapping markets, and dissension between Taxes and some of the other schools.
37 million people and 30 of them are in Texas
Dutch boy with his finger in the dyke.

Texas could have joined the SEC in 1990 but didn’t. This created the Big 12 but doesn’t mean the Big 12 had the chance to continue.

WVU joined after the fact. It was well known something was going to change. So the best thing for WVU would be to take advantage of the money and exposure

How many times are you going to change this story? Stick to one thing Biden. Don't spread Bevo shit.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Missouri was playing with the B1G. Well known that Missouri knew they had a place in the SEC. Actually came in with a target.
The two teams were already decided on prior to A&M leaving.
You can continue to believe whatever you want after the fact.

WVU should have came after Missouri when they played. To show they deserved the spot.

Missouri had as much connection into the SEC that WVU had. Missouri has a little bit of everything in it. Same as WV.
They are only separated by one State. That is Kentucky

Again you spout what you read. Bet you believe in Santa too. Again, tell me the single best personal source you have for your intel. I'll wait.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
This is an power play to keep SEC from controlling college football. Also they agree to not backstab or hide any contacts between a conference and school so they are not blindsided.

Look for BIG 10 to break this deal first when the media tells them we can get you so and so.
Interesting topic. Who will screw the others first? I'll take the ACC simply because that is their culture.

Again you spout what you read. Bet you believe in Santa too. Again, tell me the single best personal source you have for your intel. I'll wait.
You can believe what you want. It really doesn’t matter to me.
You can think that the SEC wanted WVU and all the schools were prepared to let them in.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter. This is just a message board. Just posting back and forth that doesn’t change anything.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter because WVU isn’t there. You can blame ESPN all you want or you can actually acknowledge the truth.

Will this story be repeated in 30-40 years ..WVU was wanted but ESPN said no. Hanging onto delusion to somehow make this current situation better.

At no time in the last 30 years was WVU a main target for SEC expansion.

You can think that the SEC wanted WVU and all the schools were prepared to let them in.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter. This is just a message board. Just posting back and forth that doesn’t change anything.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter because WVU isn’t there. You can blame ESPN all you want or you can actually acknowledge the truth.

Will this story be repeated in 30-40 years ..WVU was wanted but ESPN said no. Hanging onto delusion to somehow make this current situation better.

LOL

Proved them wrong in 2016😂
They got WVU back in Columbia in 2019

Untrue narrative to hold onto. Especially considering it never will happen and most likely wasn’t about to happen.

Still remember when WVU played A&M in that bowl game and one of their people was throwing punches to WVU players on the sidelines.
Really wanted to prove how much tougher they were. Like the SEC magically makes them more of a man.

Would be nice to get that revenue and be in a comfortable spot
I deal with reality.

Wasn’t going to happen then or now

Proved them wrong in 2016😂
They got WVU back in Columbia in 2019

Untrue narrative to hold onto. Especially considering it never will happen and most likely wasn’t about to happen.

Still remember when WVU played A&M in that bowl game and one of their people was throwing punches to WVU players on the sidelines.
Really wanted to prove how much tougher they were. Like the SEC magically makes them more of a man.

Would be nice to get that revenue and be in a comfortable spot
I deal with reality.

Wasn’t going to happen then or now
LOL

He can't. He doesn't have one. His stories change more than weather.

I think you need to answer him clown. He is a Mountaineer fan. WTF are you?
You're not a mountaineer fan you have been bashing Neal Brown before he even coached his 1st game. Brown has to clean up the mess that your boyfriend Holgorsen left.

You're not a mountaineer fan you have been bashing Neal Brown before he even coached his 1st game. Brown has to clean up the mess that your boyfriend Holgorsen left.
You bashed Holgorsen, the second winningest coach in Mountaineer history endlessly and championed 5 win seasons for WVU--while putting down the programs successes, conference and saying they should join the AAC.

Who is the fan again?

We know it isn't you.

Don't believe everything that you hear on the Statewide Sportsline. Rankings of national universities for 2021:

#176 (tie) Louisville
#241 (tie) WVU

No, I'm not. You are talking just recently. I'm talking about Louisville prior to joining the Big East to Louisville joining the ACC to now. Louisville wasn't ranked anywhere near 176 back in 2005, or at the end of the Big East--but once they joined the ACC their rankings shot up.

Posting lies on message boards isn't going to change anything--so stop doing it.
I posted facts, figures, and a link to my source. You posted your idiotic opinions, then called me a liar. You're the Joseph Goebbels of the message board community.

According to a PAC12 beat writer, the PAC is not going to add any Big12 schools and the scheduling alliance will help their existing brand on the eastern time zone and the midwest.

It's getting more and more that the window is closing and closing fast.

Last edited:

Who is your source? Just say "no one...I literally have nothing beyond what I've read" and this all goes away.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

Fu@king A right man!

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
According to a PAC12 beat writer, the PAC is not going to add any Big12 schools and the scheduling alliance will help their existing brand on the eastern time zone and the midwest.

Well, if a PAC 12 beat writer said it that settles it then. No writers use click bait anymore to get reads. Besides, he has a 50/50 chance of being right! Of course he is pretty much calling the new conference commissioner a liar. That will certainly help his writing career.

Well, if a PAC 12 beat writer said it that settles it then. No writers use click bait anymore to get reads. Besides, he has a 50/50 chance of being right! Of course he is pretty much calling the new conference commissioner a liar. That will certainly help his writing career.
Hey just a tidbit of info to pass along, who knows if he is getting truthful information from his source inside the PAC office. But he is not calling the commissioner a liar. The commissioner took inquiries and passed it along to the schools, and the schools decided. It would be them not wanting expansion.

I personally hope he is wrong and the PAC takes 4 schools in from the Big12.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingCoal
Who is your source? Just say "no one...I literally have nothing beyond what I've read" and this all goes away.
Once again you can believe whoever you want.
Doesn’t matter to me.
Who was involved in 2010-2012 SEC expansion comes from A&M. Therefore comes from Georgia and Florida.
They blocked the ACC schools in their state. VA Tech couldn’t come because of a state bill that put them in the ACC
Missouri was the only one left
This doesn’t say WVU didn’t try to sway people. But at the end of the day Missouri had their feet in the door
WVU was told no even before A&M was approved by the SEC. They hadn’t even technically left at that time.

But what you believe or not believe doesn’t have a thing to do with me.
Like I said it is a narrative that shouldn’t continue. At this point WVU has no shot at all of ever joining the SEC. Only school outside of the B1G who could add to the point at this moment would be ND

Even without ESPN schools care about revenue. That is why they have ESPN running things

If you understand the SEC/B1G rivalry and how some people look at it
You will see why Missouri is a big deal…
The fall of Missouri in the Civil War allowed the Union to start pushing boats into the Mississippi downstream
Well known song by Steve Earle talks about it

. Like it has been said numerous times. The SEC became a big deal because for a lot it is refighting the Civil War. The state pride and Southern pride but in football.

The Missouri capital ended up in Texas

The idea at that time and still with some is that if you have a star on that flag you belong.
That is because of Kentucky. Kentucky same situation Missouri is in.
West Virginia doesn’t have one

People like to troll Mizzou because it is funny and they take it so personal
But when they tell them they would rather be in the B1G it touches some people in the mind

If you understand the SEC/B1G rivalry and how some people look at it
You will see why Missouri is a big deal…
The fall of Missouri in the Civil War allowed the Union to start pushing boats into the Mississippi downstream
Well known song by Steve Earle talks about it

. Like it has been said numerous times. The SEC became a big deal because for a lot it is refighting the Civil War. The state pride and Southern pride but in football.

The Missouri capital ended up in Texas

I love the dot connecting on this site.......... 😂

Finally a handle that offers a credible non takin head link. @Buckaineer Do you know where Wanny is from? @TownesVanZandt Do you know where Wanny is from? While Texass and @WVUFanForever slop the site up Greg sometimes can tell you clowns some good stuff. He said early mergers, expansion and alliances were in play. Said everything was on the table. He said early WVU was gonna be fine from what he heard. Even gave you clowns a hint in what could open up a renegotiation of contracts. Said Oklahoma State and Kansas chances are would find a home. Heard TCU had a chance to be involved. @Buckaineer You actually bring a lot of value IMO. You get over the top a bit with your dialog but personally I appreciate your sweat equity you put into the site and value it. Thanks. @TownesVanZandt and @WVUFanForever you two are gigantic turds 💩

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Finally a handle that offers a credible non takin head link. @Buckaineer Do you know where Wanny is from? @TownesVanZandt Do you know where Wanny is from? While Texass and @WVUFanForever slop the site up Greg sometimes can tell you clowns some good stuff. He said early mergers, expansion and alliances were in play. Said everything was on the table. He said early WVU was gonna be fine from what he heard. Even gave you clowns a hint in what could open up a renegotiation of contracts. Said Oklahoma State and Kansas chances are would find a home. Heard TCU had a chance to be involved. @Buckaineer You actually bring a lot of value IMO. You get over the top a bit with your dialog but personally I appreciate your sweat equity you put into the site and value it. Thanks. @TownesVanZandt and @WVUFanForever you two are gigantic turds 💩
Yawns...

This from the moron that has to share a profile with his idiot brother/cousin....or its just bitchgregor playing his simple minded games.

Either way...no one cares about your opinion elmo.

While playing ROAD games with teams from the Big10 and ACC will give the PAC12 more exposure, it will NOT increase their television revenue since those games will be televised by the Big10 and ACC television partners.

The PAC12 need HOME games to be shown in the midwest and eastern time zones. That can either be done by playing at 9:00 am or having new conference members located in the midwest and eastern time zones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT