ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC in discussions about forming alliance: Sources

Be careful, Buckaineer will think and call you bias.
He's called me worse. He doesn't understand the concept of what's going on. BYU is in no hurry to join any conference. They want to be the Notre Dame of the west coast. But if PAC 12 called they jump because of their rivalry with Utah.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
He's called me worse. He doesn't understand the concept of what's going on. BYU is in no hurry to join any conference. They want to be the Notre Dame of the west coast. But if PAC 12 called they jump because of their rivalry with Utah.
And that's the thing I read on other sites, from a majority of people they say the PAC doesn't want religious schools in the conference, even though they won't come out and officially say it. But I was called bias and and agenda driven for posting it here. Only "bias" I have is to WVU and what is best for them.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
And that's the thing I read on other sites, from a majority of people they say the PAC doesn't want religious schools in the conference, even though they won't come out and officially say it. But I was called bias and and agenda driven for posting it here. Only "bias" I have is to WVU and what is best for them.
Plus BYU refuses to play on Sundays.

Do you repeat everything you read or hear? Or do you repeat what you want to?

just because someone with bias claims something does not make it true.

Do you repeat everything you read or hear? Or do you repeat what you want to?

just because someone with bias claims something does not make it true.

You gotta be TVZ. You’re as insufferable as he is. You show up only for expansion talk, bully the threads with talkin head links then smugly and arrogantly have a shit fit when people disagree with you or call you out for your alienating personality. You both google then act like you’re experts. F off geek.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
😅😂🤣
Bucky is a dumbass like you. Probably a result of bad breeding.

If you feel like I bully you…
That is called insecurity. You have the mentality of a victim.
Doesn’t work in this world to play the victim. Never say anyone is “bullying” you
It is a sign of weakness

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
😅😂🤣
Bucky is a dumbass like you. Probably a result of bad breeding.

If you feel like I bully you…
That is called insecurity. You have the mentality of a victim.
Doesn’t work in this world to play the victim. Never say anyone is “bullying” you
It is a sign of weakness

Showing up right on cue 😂. My strings be a pullin 😂. I really crack myself up. Dude you couldn’t bully your way out of a wet paper bag. Hey BTW I never said anything about YOU bullying. I actually was abusing Fvckaineer. Hey Bucky is tat you?

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
The Big 12 needs to add and try to get into this alliance. Cincy, BYU, Central Florida and Memphis might do it. Hell add a few more if you want. This is the only way that the Big 12 might survive if not the AAC Mtn West and Conf USA will absorb whats left of the Big 12.

The Big 12 needs to add and try to get into this alliance. Cincy, BYU, Central Florida and Memphis might do it. Hell add a few more if you want. This is the only way that the Big 12 might survive if not the AAC Mtn West and Conf USA will absorb whats left of the Big 12.
Its a waiting game at this point.

until the money is paid from OU/UT, there isnt going to be much going on outside rumors

I would not add BYU due to stretching from Central Florida to there would not be good for travel in a conference that will receive lower TV money. Eleven teams make for 5 home and 5 road games.

Just an opinion based guess. Who knows what will happen.

Reactions: Tylerite
Big 12 doesn't need to add more garbage to a flaming fire.

People are ignoring one thing, While conferences can talk all they want, the networks are obviously dictating who is going where. I guarantee you the SEC wanted WVU over Missouri 10 years ago. They were told essentially that you will get nothing by adding WVU but will get $$$ by adding Missouri. Anyone who ignores this is playing checkers.

People are ignoring one thing, While conferences can talk all they want, the networks are obviously dictating who is going where. I guarantee you the SEC wanted WVU over Missouri 10 years ago. They were told essentially that you will get nothing by adding WVU but will get $$$ by adding Missouri. Anyone who ignores this is playing checkers.
Guarantee?
You really have no clue who they wanted. This narrative has been disproven numerous times. People push a lot of fake news.
WVU became involved because Missouri was still holding out for the Big Ten. Pretty much decision time.
More than that the moves this time proves this even more because they brought in the schools they were targeting in the beginning

Guarantee?
You really have no clue who they wanted. This narrative has been disproven numerous times. People push a lot of fake news.
WVU became involved because Missouri was still holding out for the Big Ten. Pretty much decision time.
More than that the moves this time proves this even more because they brought in the schools they were targeting in the beginning
Your knowledge base on this subject lies at the intersection of Jack and Shit.
WVU had plenty of support. ESPN insisted it would be Missouri. That was the beginning and end of this.

Do you think ESPN's stance was not known well in advance of any invitation? Do you not think they didn't make it perfectly clear to the SEC who they could and could not invite? Companies of that size aren't going to allow conferences the leeway to make invitations without getting ESPN's rubber stamp first.

Do you really think ESPN wasn't 100% the catalyst behind the UT/OU move?

Your knowledge base on this subject lies at the intersection of Jack and Shit.
WVU had plenty of support. ESPN insisted it would be Missouri. That was the beginning and end of this.

Do you think ESPN's stance was not known well in advance of any invitation? Do you not think they didn't make it perfectly clear to the SEC who they could and could not invite? Companies of that size aren't going to allow conferences the leeway to make invitations without getting ESPN's rubber stamp first.

Do you really think ESPN wasn't 100% the catalyst behind the UT/OU move?

Refusing to understand that WVU was used as leverage for Missouri
Doesn’t matter who or didn’t want Mizzou. They had a lot of internal support because they couldn’t take from the ACC.
Regarding the rest.

Texas has been their #1 target since they launched expansion. Texas could have went in 1990. Timing wasn’t right plus now they have a couple of friends in the conference
Oklahoma was never involved in the original 6 schools.
Now Texas is in the conference with all of its rivals and all the schools they started with in the SIAA

You do realize that the fact that
1) Texas having a ton of support from the beginning (duh)
2) Missouri having enough votes to get in
and
3) WVU having more support than Missouri but zero support from ESPN

can all somehow co-exist in the same plane of reality at the same time? None of these facts are mutually exclusive....right?
You are regurgitating what you have read. I know people who were one step from being in the room. Please don't pretend you know this shit better better than I do.

This from the guy cutting and pasting news articles from conference writers.
He posts an article from the Bakersfield times. Who the hell would take the time to read an expansion article from a low level California newspaper. If someone wrote that the big 10 is expanding in January on a bathroom wall he would quote it.

You do realize that the fact that
1) Texas having a ton of support from the beginning (duh)
2) Missouri having enough votes to get in
and
3) WVU having more support than Missouri but zero support from ESPN

can all somehow co-exist in the same plane of reality at the same time? None of these facts are mutually exclusive....right?
You are regurgitating what you have read. I know people who were one step from being in the room. Please don't pretend you know this shit better better than I do.
Missouri was playing with the B1G. Well known that Missouri knew they had a place in the SEC. Actually came in with a target.
The two teams were already decided on prior to A&M leaving.
You can continue to believe whatever you want after the fact.

WVU should have came after Missouri when they played. To show they deserved the spot.

Missouri had as much connection into the SEC that WVU had. Missouri has a little bit of everything in it. Same as WV.
They are only separated by one State. That is Kentucky

Follow the Cardinals fanbase. They even get into Mississippi.
Cultural similarities especially with Arkansas. Fayetteville is in the Ozarks. Ozarks are in Missouri as well. Fayetteville isn’t that far from Missouri.
Wal Mart started in both states. They are connected to both states and both universities.
Been through this. They had all the same connections with different schools.

This is an power play to keep SEC from controlling college football. Also they agree to not backstab or hide any contacts between a conference and school so they are not blindsided.

Look for BIG 10 to break this deal first when the media tells them we can get you so and so.

He posts an article from the Bakersfield times. Who the hell would take the time to read an expansion article from a low level California newspaper. If someone wrote that the big 10 is expanding in January on a bathroom wall he would quote it.

If someone wrote that the big 10 is expanding in January on a bathroom wall he would quote it.

ISN'T THAT SOP FOR SPORTS FORUMS?

Why are you so upset? Why do you care if I "keep throwing up WVU that-a-boys"?

Obviously, social media has an enormous impact on these issues, which is EXACTLY why you are here in the first place to try to disparage everything WVU night and day and why posers like you spent a decade on Texas and Oklahoma message boards downrating everything BIG 12 24/7 365. They and you aren't doing it for your health.

So----you go ahead with your endless anti BIG 12-anti WVU bashing and I'll continue posting facts about WVU and its athletics that can be passed along on any social media outlet that anyone so desires and will eventually be presented to people that make decisions elsewhere.

Could be a conference considering expansion to get more revenues for its membership.

Could be media decision makers assessing value to a league and/or school or schools down the road.

In the end we shall see who comes out on top. WVU isn't going to be relegated down by you and your incessant intentional negativity.
Social media has absolutely no effect on this. Nothing you post here will end up in the hands of decision makers.

This will make it easier for Big 10 to rape the other two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT