ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC in discussions about forming alliance: Sources

Heard a bunch of different things with the deal.

Heard it is all talk and no substance. We will see.

Regarding USC. They made their bed. Only school that could have kept the Big 12 going
Now they could be stuck with Tx Tech

Regarding USC. They made their bed. Only school that could have kept the Big 12 going
Stuck with Texas Tech? Whatever

“Heard”........
The little voices in your head making noise again......
aaaaaaahahahahaha 😂

Not much they can do. Teams in the ACC cannot leave.

Unless the B1G wants to find someway to
bring ESPN to the negotiation table
But most likely the B1G will be on one channel
So ESPn who owns majority of the ACC TV rights won’t want their property playing on FOX.
Not much that can be done.

Make it sound like something is going on but it really isn’t
Like I have said. The reason why this has been going on to the level it has because it has been announced to the world the Big 12 isn’t a power conference anymore

Social media has absolutely no effect on this. Nothing you post here will end up in the hands of decision makers.
Social media is a huge reason why OU/UT are in the SEC now. The relentless decade plus long 24/7 365 attack on the BIG 12 conference worked, just as I said it would if people didn't do something about it. They didn't and now we see the results. Went up the foodchain from the fans to boosters to administrators to decision makers and then decisions were made based on the created opinion.

Because you know of its influence, its why you come here to put down WVU and the BIG 12 with your cronies.

And its why you and your cronies are so desperately worried about every word I post.

Stop lying.

Social media is a huge reason why OU/UT are in the SEC now. The relentless decade plus long 24/7 365 attack on the BIG 12 conference worked, just as I said it would if people didn't do something about it. They didn't and now we see the results. Went up the foodchain from the fans to boosters to administrators to decision makers and then decisions were made based on the created opinion.

Because you know of its influence, its why you come here to put down WVU and the BIG 12 with your cronies.

And its why you and your cronies are so desperately worried about every word I post.

Stop lying.
Texas and Oklahoma are in the sec because its a superior conference and you can make more money. Everyone can see that you failed economics

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Texas and Oklahoma are in the sec because its a superior conference and you can make more money. Everyone can see that you failed economics
UT and OU were already earning as much or more from the BIG 12 as their counterparts in the SEC and the BIG 12 was set to gain 45-65% increases per experts that advise ESPN, the NFL and four of the five P5 conferences at the same time the SEC would be getting their increases.

So it appears YOU failed economics.

The endless barrage of (paid for) attacks on the BIG 12, much as you are paid to do here is what created the idea of instability or desire to be somewhere else in those schools.

Constant negativity, disinformation 24/7 365 for a decade. You've been doing it here and no doubt elsewhere under a different name.

Your mission here is clear. Make WVU fans think that WVU has no value anywhere, there's no hope for any improvement from the dire situation at hand, WVU fans should be happy to accept an invitation from the AAC. Spew, rinse, repeat. Oh that and there's no value whatsoever with the BIG 12--just in case, you know, WVU and the other members decide to stick together.

Your paid mission seems to be to get panic going in the fanbase, make the schools believe they have no worth anywhere, are going to be shut out of the ability to play college sports unless they immediately disband and devalue themselves.

Sound about right? Did I leave out any of your talking points troll?

People will talk shit on social media regardless
Just how things are
Bigger you are….More people talking shit

UT and OU were already earning as much or more from the BIG 12 as their counterparts in the SEC and the BIG 12 was set to gain 45-65% increases per experts that advise ESPN, the NFL and four of the five P5 conferences at the same time the SEC would be getting their increases.

So it appears YOU failed economics.

The endless barrage of (paid for) attacks on the BIG 12, much as you are paid to do here is what created the idea of instability or desire to be somewhere else in those schools.

Constant negativity, disinformation 24/7 365 for a decade. You've been doing it here and no doubt elsewhere under a different name.

Your mission here is clear. Make WVU fans think that WVU has no value anywhere, there's no hope for any improvement from the dire situation at hand, WVU fans should be happy to accept an invitation from the AAC. Spew, rinse, repeat. Oh that and there's no value whatsoever with the BIG 12--just in case, you know, WVU and the other members decide to stick together.

Your paid mission seems to be to get panic going in the fanbase, make the schools believe they have no worth anywhere, are going to be shut out of the ability to play college sports unless they immediately disband and devalue themselves.

Sound about right? Did I leave out any of your talking points troll?
Texas and Oklahoma are going to make at least 20% more. If they were going to make less in the sec they wouldn't haver gone.

Stop lying.

You are thinking too much. The SEC made a power play move to dominate college football. Looking at two things, Big12 GOR ending and two of the top 10 brands, it was obvious that SEC thought this move was the move to put them in front of gravy train for good. It will be interesting to see what this so called alliance, if consummated, does to compete with an obvious expansion win by the SEC.

You are thinking too much. The SEC made a power play move to dominate college football. Looking at two things, Big12 GOR ending and two of the top 10 brands, it was obvious that SEC thought this move was the move to put them in front of gravy train for good. It will be interesting to see what this so called alliance, if consummated, does to compete with an obvious expansion win by the SEC.
Greg its all about money. Texas and Oklahoma are going to make more in the sec than they could in the big 12. Its as simple as that. Everyone with any sense knew this. Bucknut has spent the better half of the last decade wielding his big 12 is great propaganda to the point it has warped his mind. He is in denial that everything that he was told about the big 12 actually turned out to be true.

What school do you cheer for there Friday boy?
Everybody that wants wvu to succeed should be hoping it ends up in another conference. The big 12 was never gonna last and everyone knew it. The conference has been a revolving door since it began operation back in 1996.

Everybody that wants wvu to succeed should be hoping it ends up in another conference. The big 12 was never gonna last and everyone knew it. The conference has been a revolving door since it began operation back in 1996.
That's not what I asked, so answer my question; and everyone already knows we want to end up in a P4 conference.

Everyone except for of course, the nation, the BIG 12, Big Ten, ACC, PAC, the media etc. etc.

There's no reason the BIG 12 needed to have what happened to it.

Unclear at this point what the remaining Core will do as they A: haven't been offered elsewhere and B: Have a large sum of money coming from the traitor schools.

Some clown stuff.

B1G cannot do much. This alliance has no teeth. More than that some of these conferences need to establish that the poor don’t eat as good as the rich.
When the king doesn’t eat…No one eats.

Especially the ACC

B1G is connected to a losing media company. FOX
Disney already dropped their dick on them and now are just chasing additional assets.
More than that the numbers themselves say they are at a advantage

SEC is still a conference that can fence in the important places and one that has all the nice trees
California doesn’t produce talent like it once did.
Closer to Ohio and PA than it is TX and FL

Everyone except for of course, the nation, the BIG 12, Big Ten, ACC, PAC, the media etc. etc.

There's no reason the BIG 12 needed to have what happened to it.

Unclear at this point what the remaining Core will do as they A: haven't been offered elsewhere and B: Have a large sum of money coming from the traitor schools.
The networks want to get rid of the big 12. Half of the founding members jumped ship. It should tell you all you need to know.

Btw folks...ever notice wvu isn't mentioned by anybody.
Why would WVU move to the PAC 12?

If the ACC wants to keep up and expand WV will be their second option after trying to add Notre Dame for football. Academic standards went out the window when they added Louisville.

Ask Brad Howe as he invites himself to the next ACC meeting, and bullies WVU into the conference...LOL

• Haha
Ask Brad Howe as he invites himself to the next ACC meeting, and bullies WVU into the conference...LOL
Found it myself...

Academically, Louisville’s US News and World Report ranking leaves much to be desired, as it is #160 and the next-lowest ACC school is at around #100 or so. But it is likely that they would have had to give presidents like Leahy and Commissioner John Swofford some assurances that they’re working on improving graduation rates and the like.

Dropped to #176.

I would say they did not meet those assurances.

I'm surprised that Louisville has dropped since joining the ACC. Perhaps, the ACC schools paid a "Tar Heel tax" when UNC's campus-wide academic fraud was exposed.

I'm surprised that Louisville has dropped since joining the ACC. Perhaps, the ACC schools paid a "Tar Heel tax" when UNC's campus-wide academic fraud was exposed.
That would be my thinking. But actually ACC invited Louisville because they knew the Big 12 would eventually invite UL. This was the 2nd major blow up side the head of Big 12-2-2=8. First one was loss of Texas A&M and Missouri. Nebraska and Colorado were not a huge loss.

Reactions: Rootmaster
No one...as in no one...is reaching out to the no value Big 12-4=8.
How could you know this and not know that UT and OK had been in the process of going to the SEC for several months? I mean, you leave no wiggle room with your statement as if it is provable fact.

Are you actually AD Lyons posting under the name Rootmaster? That would seem to be the only way you could possibly make such an absolute statement. Just curious.

Don't believe everything that you hear on the Statewide Sportsline. Rankings of national universities for 2021:

#176 (tie) Louisville
#241 (tie) WVU

What is interesting is that before UL joined the Big East they were like 100 spots below WVU in the fake US News academic rankings. Now that all those ACC schools are voting them up, they've moved way ahead of WVU in just a few years.

I don't believe for one second that anything at Louisville academically is superior to anything at WVU academically. If you go over there it seems more like a community college with major league athletic stadiums than a quality university. Must have sent some money over to U.S. News or something.

What is interesting is that before UL joined the Big East they were like 100 spots below WVU in the fake US News academic rankings. Now that all those ACC schools are voting them up, they've moved way ahead of WVU in just a few years.

I don't believe for one second that anything at Louisville academically is superior to anything at WVU academically. If you go over there it seems more like a community college with major league athletic stadiums than a quality university. Must have sent some money over to U.S. News or something.
You're just spewing propaganda, as usual. As Allen posted, Louisville's ranking has actually fallen recently, but it's still much higher than WVU's. Posting puff pieces on a message board isn't going to change anything, no matter how much you have convinced yourself otherwise.

How could you know this and not know that UT and OK had been in the process of going to the SEC for several months? I mean, you leave no wiggle room with your statement as if it is provable fact.

Are you actually AD Lyons posting under the name Rootmaster? That would seem to be the only way you could possibly make such an absolute statement. Just curious.
No conference official has even mentioned wvu. I know you're a clueless homer but stop being such a dork. You're beginning to sound like some of the ither juveniles on this board.

You're just spewing propaganda, as usual. As Allen posted, Louisville's ranking has actually fallen recently, but it's still much higher than WVU's. Posting puff pieces on a message board isn't going to change anything, no matter how much you have convinced yourself otherwise.
No, I'm not. You are talking just recently. I'm talking about Louisville prior to joining the Big East to Louisville joining the ACC to now. Louisville wasn't ranked anywhere near 176 back in 2005, or at the end of the Big East--but once they joined the ACC their rankings shot up.

Posting lies on message boards isn't going to change anything--so stop doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT