ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 defense not terrible when not facing Big 12 offenses

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Big 12 defense numbers looked pretty good against Big 10, SEC and ACC teams.

Just too much firepower and such great QBs in the Big 12 when you face it week after week.

Oklahoma 31, Ohio State 16

TCU 28, Arkansas 7

Oklahoma State 59, Pitt 21

Vanderbilt 14, Kansas State 7

Good grief Cuyahoga...between the new posts on this forum and your Talmageer posts on the other site...do you ever do anything except sit in front of your computer and dream this stuff up lol? If we give you an award for most posts per day, and biggest red type...will you simmer down a bit?

Just too much firepower and such great QBs in the Big 12 when you face it week after week.

TCU 28, Arkansas 7

I mean you didn’t list good teams with good Os. Outside of Ohio State of course. Posts looks like a Big12 homer posted it. You may want to delete this lame post Eers. It makes you look like a homer.

TCU 28, Arkansas 7

There were quite a few more games played outside the Big 12 than that. I'm not going to pretend that I know what the actual numbers are in comparison to each league. I'm sure there are plenty of analytic programs out there that can spit out comparison analysis filtering out the garbage. There are a few Big 12 teams that play below average defense. There is no arguing that. Some of that is skewed by the powerful offenses and some of it isn't.

Beyond all that, it's a waste of time to look up the comparisons anyway. The "narrative" has already been spun & there is no amount of logic that can spin it back in the other direction outside of Oklahoma winning the natty. The SEC & B1G with the ACC as a tag-along are pushing that agenda so they can justify leaving Oklahoma out if necessary so their leagues are not left out. Hell it was a talking point for the commissioner on Tuesday. He brought up "solid defense" several times when referring to Clemson, Miami & Auburn. Never mind that Oklahoma had just shredded the #6 defense in the country on Saturday.

The whole thing is a farce. It is a popularity contest. Even more than it was in the old BCS system. Brand names are always going to win in the current system. Sure Oklahoma is a brand name, but they reside in a league that the SEC & B1G want to push out. And that is the game that is currently being played. Therefore, they are using the defense angle as if to say the Big 12 doesn't play real football. Thus Oklahoma doesn't deserve a spot in the top 4. Which leaves openings for the SEC & B1G. Or perhaps the ACC if Clemson beats Miami in a close game. The agenda is real & it's obviously working.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT