ADVERTISEMENT

Best jobs rankend in Big 12

I can't take the author seriously when Kansas is ranked better than Iowa St.
In the author's defense a Kansas fan would tell you about how they beat Va Tech in the orange bowl in 2007 which is more than Iowa state can claim unless iowa state making it to the pinstripe bowl and getting trounced by rutgers in 2011 accounts for anything.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Behind Florida State and Clemson since you asked.

Third? Really? I was thinking more like 5th-10th. So WVU wouldn't be ahead of Miami? When was WVU ever in Top 10 or Top 20 in recruiting classes? I'm thinking at least VT and UNC would be considered higher to prospective coaches than WVU. To me the arguments start at 5th and ends at 10th. WVU recruits in that 37-47 range right? So why would you argue a coach would pick WVU over every other ACC program other than FSU and Clemson?

Miami has no facilities, no local fan base and has stayed relevant recently based on their past....Va. Tech will not stay at the same level without Frank Beamer there and UNC has been UNC and only once in the last 20 years has it won more than eight games in a season and will always be a basketball-first school.

All that Miami has are National Championships. If you have deluded yourself into thinking that WVU is viewed nationally as a better football program than Miami, then you should change your handle to, "StupidFanForever."

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
All that Miami has are National Championships. If you have deluded yourself into thinking that WVU is viewed nationally as a better football program than Miami, then you should change your handle to, "StupidFanForever."

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it. Maybe go back and re-read this thread. Then you will see how stupid your post is. Nobody has said anything in this thread about 'better football programs."

That's great Miami has banners to hang. Does it equate to wins in 2017?

The list of best Big XII HC positions seems accurate enough. WVU at #4 behind UT oSu and OU says a lot about how far West Virginia University athletics has grown.

From a Eastern Independent to now the BIG XII. A helluva lot of memories of great football games and student-athletes. Still need that NCAA championship in football or basketball.

Hopefully Holgrosen and The Mountaineers have a great season. A 8-9 win season would be good but another 10 win season would be outstanding. IMO

Miami has no facilities, no local fan base and has stayed relevant recently based on their past....Va. Tech will not stay at the same level without Frank Beamer there and UNC has been UNC and only once in the last 20 years has it won more than eight games in a season and will always be a basketball-first school.

Well that about covers it. WVU 3rd best job in ACC. Wow! Who would have thunk it.

I tried to reply to him seriously but I just couldn't.

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it. Maybe go back and re-read this thread. Then you will see how stupid your post is. Nobody has said anything in this thread about 'better football programs."

Hey pal have you seen Miami's recruiting class lately? Did you happen to see Miami destroy WVU in the Bowl game. Do you actually think Richt would have come to WVU over Miami because you think WVU is a better job than Miami? Come on man!!!

The list of best Big XII HC positions seems accurate enough. WVU at #4 behind UT oSu and OU says a lot about how far West Virginia University athletics has grown.

From a Eastern Independent to now the BIG XII. A helluva lot of memories of great football games and student-athletes. Still need that NCAA championship in football or basketball.

Hopefully Holgrosen and The Mountaineers have a great season. A 8-9 win season would be good but another 10 win season would be outstanding. IMO

Or it speaks about how bad the Big 12 really is. WVU is WVU. Solid program then and solid program now. Nothing more.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Out of boredom I've decided to come up with a Top 25 Best Head Coach jobs. (Football) So what follows in my opinion are the Top 25 HC jobs.

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Michigan
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Clemson
14. Michigan State
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. USC
18. Wisconsin
19. Auburn
20. West Virginia
21. Texas A&M
22. Miami
23. Louisville
24. Arkansas
25. Tennessee

Out of boredom I've decided to come up with a Top 25 Best Head Coach jobs. (Football) So what follows in my opinion are the Top 25 HC jobs.

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Michigan
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Clemson
14. Michigan State
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. USC
18. Wisconsin
19. Auburn
20. West Virginia
21. Texas A&M
22. Miami
23. Louisville
24. Arkansas
25. Tennessee
Did you rank this in order from 1-25? are 25 from whatever order? what criteria did you use?

Did you rank this in order from 1-25? are 25 from whatever order? what criteria did you use?

I put a lot of emphasis on fan base and all time win/loss records followed by recruiting, name recognition, conference affiliation and athletic budget. But like all rankings similar to what I posted it's very subjective and opinion based. I tried to put it in order from most desirable down. I believe I have it very close to accurate maybe a few could be higher or lower.

I put a lot of emphasis on fan base and all time win/loss records followed by recruiting, name recognition, conference affiliation and athletic budget. But like all rankings similar to what I posted it's very subjective and opinion based. I tried to put it in order from most desirable down. I believe I have it very close to accurate maybe a few could be higher or lower.
I don't think its a bad list but I don't think most people and coachs would consider Oklahoma state the best 7th best job in the country. Most of the schools you have under them would probably be considered better jobs.

Well they certainly kicked our ass last season.

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Michigan
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Clemson
14. Michigan State
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. USC
18. Wisconsin
19. Auburn
20. West Virginia
21. Texas A&M
22. Miami
23. Louisville
24. Arkansas
25. Tennessee

USC at 17? Below South Carolina? Wtf

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Michigan
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Clemson
14. Michigan State
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. USC
18. Wisconsin
19. Auburn
20. West Virginia
21. Texas A&M
22. Miami
23. Louisville
24. Arkansas
25. Tennessee

LSU No. 2, and tOSU No. 3? LOL

I put a lot of emphasis on fan base and all time win/loss records followed by recruiting, name recognition, conference affiliation and athletic budget.
But yet, the Florida Gators weren't good enough to make your top 25 list? LMAO @ the Big 12 homer.

LSU No. 2, and tOSU No. 3? LOL
I think LSU is a good job but i would'nt say its as good a job as ohio state. Im not sure how you could rate Okie state above michigan. Harbaugh makes 7 or 8 million and has been there what 2 years. Gundy makes 3.75 and has been there a decade. The michigan fight song is one of the most recognized in college sports I doubt most people would recognize Okie states if they heard it.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
In the author's defense a Kansas fan would tell you about how they beat Va Tech in the orange bowl in 2007 which is more than Iowa state can claim unless iowa state making it to the pinstripe bowl and getting trounced by rutgers in 2011 accounts for anything.
That's my point: Kansas doesn't really have any advantages over Iowa St other than that one great bowl victory from 10 years ago. Every other significant aspect of the programs ought to favor Iowa St by a wide margin. On one of the author's stated criteria alone, fan loyalty, the Cyclones blow the Jayhawks out of the water. Reasonable expectations of the fanbase, facilities, passion and interest in the program...none of those are even close for Kansas.

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Michigan
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Clemson
14. Michigan State
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. USC
18. Wisconsin
19. Auburn
20. West Virginia
21. Texas A&M
22. Miami
23. Louisville
24. Arkansas
25. Tennessee

How did you determine your list? Fan favorite or Won vs Loss record. I can not see Oklahoma State in top 10. Why is Oregon in top 10? Is it because of their recent success.

I can't take the author seriously when Kansas is ranked better than Iowa St.
Its no doubt that Texas and Oklahoma are the CEO jobs of the big 12. When you get down to Kansas and Iowa state its probably the difference between working at McDonald's and Burger King. Im sure Some fans in Kansas are still giddy about the orange bowl win a decade ago. It seems hard to believe that was ten years ago. It was the last time wvu was actually relevant in the national title picture. Iowa state is probably more consistently better but with less to show for it. Im sure this writer will recycle this article on a yearly basis and wvu will move further down the list to the dismay of Fluffer holgorson's disciples. But when you think about it in 4 years from now will be a decade removed from the orange bowl victory. The current trend wouldn't make any logical person think we would have anymore to show but wins in bowls sponsored by low budget motel chains against 6-6 pac 12 teams.

Iowa State should be more attractive than Kansas. KU's field is a dump and still has a track around it. The Cyclones at least have fan support and invest in their facilities.

Although having to live in either Kansas or Iowa would suck.

Reactions: GoWVU

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Michigan
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Clemson
14. Michigan State
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. USC
18. Wisconsin
19. Auburn
20. West Virginia
21. Texas A&M
22. Miami
23. Louisville
24. Arkansas
25. Tennessee

You're 21-25 are clearly ahead of WVU by most people not associated with WVUs program except for Louisville. I would put WVU ahead of Louisville as well. Obviously UCLA, Stanford and Washington would be a better job than WVU. At least two other ACC teams would be considered a better job by most non homers. Throw in another program or two from the SEC and/or Big Ten and WVU is sitting in between
28-34. That's about right.

How bout Ex UGA coach going to Miami. Would he consider Morgantown over Miami if both were open jobs? I'm thinking no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT