ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Backyard Brawl - WVU vs Pitt

If they could somehow pull this one off it would be very nice!!

It's a black out. Is Holgerson coming? LOL! Not many folks wear black WVU stuff. I actually just ordered my first black shirt.

How many times last year did Stevenson get a technical because he wouldn't stop after the whistle? Yep. Pitt does it, and we get a technical.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Just here to drop a “I’m so glad we took the moral high ground with Huggins”

Feels so good to have a nice clean 3-4 (soon to be 3-5) team that can’t beat the borderline D1 school down the street from me that most don’t know has a basketball program. I hope others didn’t damage their pearls from all the clutching back in the Spring. They should feel safe now that the bad guy has been sent home.

Will we win a game the rest of the year? Will there be a scholarship starting 5 by end of year or will they all be in the portal before the end of winter break?

He did........we he got behind the wheel. Stop trying to make excuses for what he did.
Cool - Alabama trotted a kid onto a plane for a road game within 24 hours of him delivering a murder weapon to a crime scene in a sport they don’t even care that much about. If we want to pretend our coaches need to be Bible school teachers, then enjoy being 3-5 because that’s what ethics will get us.

Cool - Alabama trotted a kid onto a plane for a road game within 24 hours of him delivering a murder weapon to a crime scene in a sport they don’t even care that much about. If we want to pretend our coaches need to be Bible school teachers, then enjoy being 3-5 because that’s what ethics will get us.
Consequences.

Bench reaction to Naveh not taking that open jumper says it all. We got several out there that don’t have any confidence.

Blaming Eilert for this year is f**king retarded. Huggs would be 3-5 with this roster.
Eilert may coach the worst season in program history and certainly the worst one since the Catlett years… but yes that level of futility is totally not correlated to the amateur hour interim guy being thrown into a role he wasn’t ready for because our dumbass President has had a hardon for Huggins for years.

Consequences. Not a slap on the wrist.
So the program, state, school all have to eat a massive setback to a program that has been consistently successful driving revenue, donations, applications, and awareness for the school and send it back to the Stone Age because you demand the 69 year old hardass coach be taught a lesson beyond what the law requires?

Will we win a game the rest of the year? Will there be a scholarship starting 5 by end of year or will they all be in the portal before the end of winter break?
We will win about 6 more games tops.

So the program, state, school all have to eat a massive setback to a program that has been consistently successful driving revenue, donations, applications, and awareness for the school and send it back to the Stone Age because you demand the 69 year old hardass coach be taught a lesson beyond what the law requires?
He deserved to be fired. He is a drunk and was given so many more chances than any coach deserves.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
I didn’t know Huggins fired himself…
Let's see made ignorant remarks on the radio while being drunk no doubt. Was given warning not to get into anymore trouble. Drank like a fish hit highway behind a wheel of a university vehicle and drove on a flat tire who knows how far as it was shredded to the rim. Couldn't remember the last 7 to 8 hours.

I would say he got himself fired. And deservedly so.

Last edited:
We will win about 6 more games tops.
We’re going 0-fer in conference guaranteed. The rest of the normal “layups” on our schedule are teams on par with or better than Monmouth, so they will be a struggle.

Let's see made ignorant remarks on the radio while being drunk no doubt. Was given warning not to get into anymore trouble. Drank like a fish hit highway behind a heel of a university vehicle and drove on a flat tire who knows how far as it was shredded to the rim. Couldn't remember the last 7 to 8 hours.

I would say he got himself fired. And deservedly so.
None of those offenses are a big deal. 1 million DUIs are issued per year, no one is blacklisted from their industry unless they are a taxi driver over it. The other, a stupid remark on an AM radio station about a rowdy student section… like who cares, you don’t burn down a 15 year legacy over either of those things. Its 2023, the news cycle buries those stories in about 15 minutes nowadays.

The consequence is he spends a night in the drunk tank, loses his license for a few months, and pays a fine. It did not need to be we nuke our basketball program and a 15 year legacy.
And if he killed a person while driving five times over the legal limit?

You put that line wherever you need it to be to make yourself feel good about it.

Just here to drop a “I’m so glad we took the moral high ground with Huggins”

Feels so good to have a nice clean 3-4 (soon to be 3-5) team that can’t beat the borderline D1 school down the street from me that most don’t know has a basketball program. I hope others didn’t damage their pearls from all the clutching back in the Spring. They should feel safe now that the bad guy has been sent home.
On a side note, I know a guy who just got his 2nd DUI a couple weeks ago, and he still has his job and will be able to drive with a blow maching thingy in short order. In fact other than it costing him a bunch of money, its like it never happened. It didnt even make the news, go figure. My neighbor too, she currently has a DUI. She didnt lose her job either and also drives with a blow thingy. But Bob Huggins is a leader of basketball players. No way someone like that can slip up! Too important for the fabric of our society lol.

We went from a HOF coach to a guy who has never coached before. This season had to have very low expectations. I never expected to win much this season. Just ride it out....

Reactions: xWVU2010x
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT