ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas has fired head coach Chad Morris

The fact of the matter is under Holgorsen, WVU remained in the top 15 all time wins in college football, and won the second most games ever at WVU--but in a much more difficult schedule and circumstance than others faced.

Now, people are pretending Brown is some great coach when he has been blown out by every decent, and some not so decent teams he faced. Not simply lost--CRUSHED.

Look at Missouri--all the Brown apologists said "wait and see how good Mizzou is this year, then you'll eat your words"!! News for you, Mizzou is not great--in addition to losing to Wyoming, they've lost three straight including to Vanderbilt and KY. Even Troy scored 10 pts on them while Brown could only eke out 7!--are you honestly going to sit here and pretend WVU was outrecruited by Troy University the last several years?

They were NOT. i.e. last years classes --WVU:33 nationally, Troy: 97 nationally--Yet you morons want to pretend Brown is now working with lesser talent?

Stop making excuses for a bad coaching job.

WVU is not being coached well, and there isn't an honest person here that believes the team looks to be improving at all. Its getting worse.

While I don't agree with his delivery and redundant posts, this statement has merit.

Team looks poorly coached and ill-prepared. Its cause for much consternation IMO.

It sucks but he is right on this one. One year from today if Brown can’t pull a rabbit out of his hat most on here will be calling for this guy’s job.
Doesn't matter who is calling for Brown's job. He isn't going anywhere.

GregJacobs/Bucky doesn't have anything better to do than find reasons to troll this message board and WVU.

Not like anything is going to change if everyone on this message board wants Neal Brown fired.
Way too early. You missed your mark. Should have wait until next September or October.

If you still see seasons with 4 and fewer wins during his third year and beyond than it is time.
Not after his first year.
Florida State and Arkansas just both screwed their programs for a couple more years.
At the very least you let the guy build a roster. Especially on the OL.

Then if needed you bring someone in. But as of right now pretty much any coach isn't going to win more than 6-7 wins next year with WVU.

Some people simply have too high of expectations. That's why they're over the moon when we win (we've got everything fixed, yay!) or down in the dumps when we lose (we'll never win again, boohoo).

Dana left us with a team with little game experience. If we were Bama, we'd simply plug and play with a 4 or 5 star talent that could overcome the lack of experience against everyone who can't match them talent for talent.

We aren't.

Ideally, we want to develop what talent we do get, giving them game experience situationally. Problem is, due to youth, injury, and talent leaving we are having to throw the baby out with the bath water, playing kids who should be in the weight room and on the scout team learning the ropes.

It is what it is. Should bode better for next year but realistically speaking we're probably looking at a .500 season next year, give or take a game. This team could look pretty solid for 2021 and beyond. The only question will be should the fan base give him the time if next year looks similar to this one?

You'd have to apply your logic with Brown to Holgorsen at Houston--but then again, why do you imbeciles keep talking up Houston? Houston doesn't have the level of athletes WVU does anyway--where were their recruiting classes prior to Holgorsen?

I care about WVU, and Brown has WVU playing awfully in every aspect.

Its not the players fault, many are talented--certainly more highly recruited than KSUs players and that first year coach is doing fine with what he inherited.

Meanwhile all WVU fans get are excuses and "wait". WVU shouldn't have to "wait"--the old staff would already have WVU bowl eligible and winning at least 7 games, probably 8.

WVU is only "starting over" because the new staff is learning on the job and not prepared to coach at this level and it shows. The players that haven't left appear to have given up on the lousy teaching they are getting.
In some of the years prior to Holgorsen. Houston was beating Oklahoma and won a new years six bowl game. They had a loaded roster and Holgorsen squandered it. You don't know how good a recruiting class is until it gets into the program. Allison and Kendall were 4 star recruits but its pretty clear there not 4 stars. Kansas state has never had good recruiting classes but went toe to toes with Texas. Btw the K State coached inherited a veteran roster Neal Brown inherited a bunch of freshman.

While I don't agree with his delivery and redundant posts, this statement has merit.

Team looks poorly coached and ill-prepared. Its cause for much consternation IMO.
Tell me what did you expect? You don't win many games with freshman backing up Freshman. Most of independent prognosticators had this team winning between 3-5 games and finishing between 8-10 in the Big 12 this year. In 2001 people were saying the same things they are saying this year and look how that turned out. The folks at Minnesota stated they would never beat the PSU's of the world 2 years ago. Baylor was proclaimed dead after 1-11, 2 years back. Its to early to know which way this thing is gonna go. You don't win football games with guys that should be on your scout team. But that's the dumpster fire the previous bozo left Brown.

Reactions: Euell

Tell me what did you expect? You don't win many games with freshman backing up Freshman. Most of independent prognosticators had this team winning between 3-5 games and finishing between 8-10 in the Big 12 this year. In 2001 people were saying the same things they are saying this year and look how that turned out. The folks at Minnesota stated they would never beat the PSU's of the world 2 years ago. Baylor was proclaimed dead after 1-11, 2 years back. Its to early to know which way this thing is gonna go. You don't win football games with guys that should be on your scout team. But that's the dumpster fire the previous bozo left Brown.

I expect them to look a little better each game. Its not happening. Matter of fact, they look worse in some ways. Team was coming off a f’ing bye week and looked ill prepared for a shitty TT team. Now, I don’t want NB fired, I’m not saying that at all but let’s call a spade a spade...what I quoted from Buck was and is correct. The team is not progressing and is regressing other than special teams. QB play is shit, O line is shit, WR’s are mostly shit, RB’s are horrible shit and this week he defense was shit.

IMO, a lot of the problems are on players but just as much problems are on coaching.

Let’s hope this staff can recruit like the dickens cuz I’m not seeing a lot of coaching them up going on..........yet.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I expect them to look a little better each game. Its not happening. Matter of fact, they look worse in some ways. Team was coming off a f’ing bye week and looked ill prepared for a shitty TT team. Now, I don’t want NB fired, I’m not saying that at all but let’s call a spade a spade...what I quoted from Buck was and is correct. The team is not progressing and is regressing other than special teams. QB play is shit, O line is shit, WR’s are mostly shit, RB’s are horrible shit and this week he defense was shit.

IMO, a lot of the problems are on players but just as much problems are on coaching.

Let’s hope this staff can recruit like the dickens cuz I’m not seeing a lot of coaching them up going on..........yet.
Texas Tech was only a few plays away from being a 1 loss team. They came off a bye week as well. Its hard to look better when the teams you play are better. Its hard to look better when each week that goes by you add another player to the injury list. We had over 500 yards of offense yesterday which was and improvement. Why weren't you complaining about the team after The Baylor game. When you play football you put on pads and you have to smack people. Its not easy when you're asking freshman and back ups to do it. Football is played different on the football field then it is in video games or sitting on the couch. Just ask the fans of Minnesota and Baylor.

Last edited:
hasn't been blown out by G5 schools yet--Arkansas plays many more of course.

But Brown has an eked out win vs. an FCS school.

The one thing you seem to not understand is the FCS game is a win. Eked out or not.

Arkansas has a 17 game losing streak in SEC.

Reactions: Spreading Eagle 74
Stupidity won't make WVU better either.

Obviously Brown is trying to learn on the job. Trying different plays that probably worked in the sunbelt but that fail miserably at the P5 level.

He appears to be a poor evaluator of talent as well--takes him a long time to figure out his best players.

If Brown and co have an outing next season like this one, then he'll likely be a short timer.

WVU can't be awful going into the early 2020's.

Still waiting for an answer from buck suck!

So you want WVU to fire their coach after 9 games. Who is going to pay the 4 million dollar buyout? Who is going to pay the new coach 3.5 million to come here? Will you bitch and moan about the new guy when he can't win for 3 years?

Thank God you have no say in the matter. All you do is cry like a woman on your menstrual cycle. If you don't know what that is ask your mommy.

You're nothing but a troll.

Vernon please ban this tool.

The one thing you seem to not understand is the FCS game is a win. Eked out or not.

Arkansas has a 17 game losing streak in SEC.

You don't seem to understand WVU is 3-6--looking straight in the face of 3-9.

WVUs only BIG 12 win was an eked out win over KANSAS under this new staff.

Next year--wouldn't bet on WVU over Kansas, as Miles has made some improvement right away. The other programs in the BIG 12 will be better. Can't say the same for WVU as the program is moving backwards rapidly as your endless excuses fly.

Brown? Team is regressing as it looked absolutely lost the other day. Tech sliced through the D like butter and the O was once again nonexistent.

Last edited:
GregJacobs/Bucky doesn't have anything better to do than find reasons to troll this message board and WVU.

Not like anything is going to change if everyone on this message board wants Neal Brown fired.
Way too early. You missed your mark. Should have wait until next September or October.

If you still see seasons with 4 and fewer wins during his third year and beyond than it is time.
Not after his first year.
Florida State and Arkansas just both screwed their programs for a couple more years.
At the very least you let the guy build a roster. Especially on the OL.

Then if needed you bring someone in. But as of right now pretty much any coach isn't going to win more than 6-7 wins next year with WVU.

Typical nonsensical post with the intent of slaying the messenger.

I am not anyone but buckaineer--and everyone knows it.

The problem some trolls have with me is that they do not want anyone discussing facts, and they really just don't want anyone posting but themselves--as evidenced by the fact they've chased off or tried to chase off EVERYONE that doesn't follow their troll group think.

Case in point Dana Holgorsen. While he was winning the second most games ever for WVU, they trolled him night and day and silenced that good news for WVU. Instead they launched a non stop campaign of libel, smearing, hate and troll--endlessly calling for his head. Often claiming "anyone can step in and immediately do better!"

They get their wish and he left, and now the new coach and staff are sucking badly.

Can this be discussed ---you got it NOOOOOOO!!!! If you so much as mention it, you are some other poster they hate, and the group think attack is launched at you for speaking the truth instead of the inane "just wait, it will get better" b.s.

Truth is WVU was on the verge of being very successful in this league and now WVU sucks @$$. The blame lies largely on idiot posters and social media trolls who bashed the second winningest coach until he decided to leave. Now they are DESPERATE in trying to cover up their stupidity and dishonesty. Its like a microcosm of what has happened to our nation the last few years.

--make it about the whistleblower and not the one doing wrong--right? That's what you @$$holes are all about and it leads nowhere but down.

WVU needs quality coaching and players to win, and Neal Brown is NOT doing a quality coaching job no matter how much you lie, spin and hate.

Doesn't matter who is calling for Brown's job. He isn't going anywhere.

Then why are so many of you trolls so DESPERATE to stop people from discussing the reality of WVU football right now!?

You know that change comes if a fanbase is tired of bad play and losing.

Right now, people are in the "this sucks but its his first season" mode--but that is only going to last so long as people have choices of where to spend their money. A look at the crowd the other day shows many have already stopped drinking the cool aid.

WVU can't afford to suck for five years.

If you find my posts "redundant", its probably because the trolls here keep trying to cover up the facts. Facts matter and sometimes, unfortunately, in this day and age they must be repeated over and over and over so that those trying to HIDE them will not dupe everyone into believing their lies. I repeat facts because they repeat their lies over and over--so that if they scream and pout and whine and bully enough, no one will believe the truth anymore.

My "delivery" isn't important--although its sad you have no problem with their group bully attack method of trolling, disinformation and derailing--just my response to that. What's important is WVU is getting CRUSHED most weeks and seems to be regressing. Coaching is not getting the job done and there are not signs of future success showing through any cracks either.

Texas Tech was only a few plays away from being a 1 loss team. They came off a bye week as well. Its hard to look better when the teams you play are better. Its hard to look better when each week that goes by you add another player to the injury list. We had over 500 yards of offense yesterday which was and improvement. Why weren't you complaining about the team after The Baylor game. When you play football you put on pads and you have to smack people. Its not easy when you're asking freshman and back ups to do it. Football is played different on the football field then it is in video games or sitting on the couch. Just ask the fans of Minnesota and Baylor.

Minnesota and Baylor's coaches have made steady continuous improvement to their teams.

Where is that sort of improvement at WVU? Tech sliced through WVU like they were playing a warm up game against the jv. Tech is a 5 loss team currently 7th place in the ten team BIG 12. That is reality.

You got me there. WVU is one of the worst programs in America without Grier. Sad but true. Bottom 4 in every conference probably.
The bowl game against Syracuse was a preview of the 2019 team and that team had more to work with then this years team. no one should be surprised with the results this year.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Minnesota and Baylor's coaches have made steady continuous improvement to their teams.

Where is that sort of improvement at WVU? Tech sliced through WVU like they were playing a warm up game against the jv. Tech is a 5 loss team currently 7th place in the ten team BIG 12. That is reality.
Baylor has made steady improvements since year 1 but they were 1 and 11. Fans like you would have been calling for Rhules head 9 games into his tenure. The same with fleck. There was nothing in year 1 that indicated those teams would be were they are now. You're just prejudice against Brown. Holgorsen ran wvu into the ground he couldn't even beat a weak Syracuse team in a bowl last season.

Typical nonsensical post with the intent of slaying the messenger.

I am not anyone but buckaineer--and everyone knows it.

The problem some trolls have with me is that they do not want anyone discussing facts, and they really just don't want anyone posting but themselves--as evidenced by the fact they've chased off or tried to chase off EVERYONE that doesn't follow their troll group think.

Case in point Dana Holgorsen. While he was winning the second most games ever for WVU, they trolled him night and day and silenced that good news for WVU. Instead they launched a non stop campaign of libel, smearing, hate and troll--endlessly calling for his head. Often claiming "anyone can step in and immediately do better!"

They get their wish and he left, and now the new coach and staff are sucking badly.

Can this be discussed ---you got it NOOOOOOO!!!! If you so much as mention it, you are some other poster they hate, and the group think attack is launched at you for speaking the truth instead of the inane "just wait, it will get better" b.s.

Truth is WVU was on the verge of being very successful in this league and now WVU sucks @$$. The blame lies largely on idiot posters and social media trolls who bashed the second winningest coach until he decided to leave. Now they are DESPERATE in trying to cover up their stupidity and dishonesty. Its like a microcosm of what has happened to our nation the last few years.

--make it about the whistleblower and not the one doing wrong--right? That's what you @$$holes are all about and it leads nowhere but down.

WVU needs quality coaching and players to win, and Neal Brown is NOT doing a quality coaching job no matter how much you lie, spin and hate.
How was wvu on the verge of being a success in the Big 12 when they can't even beat a weak Utah and Syracuse team in a bowl?

Next year--wouldn't bet on WVU over Kansas, as Miles has made some improvement right away. The other programs in the BIG 12 will be better. Can't say the same for WVU as the program is moving backwards rapidly as your endless excuses fly.

Brown? Team is regressing as it looked absolutely lost the other day. Tech sliced through the D like butter and the O was once again nonexistent.
Holgorsen got blown out by Kansas In year 3.

If only wvu gave away 6 and 7 figure salaries, TO THE PLAYERS, going to classes optional, unless it interferes with football then it's not, just ask Robert smith, free luxury cars for holiday weekends, $20 new cars for players, girlfriends, and family. Free tattoos, free drugs, playstations and places to enjoy them and protection from the law. Then the cupboard would always be full.

We were on the 'verge' of beating Baylor...that should count for something right bucky?

That's the word you like to use with Holgy.

Baylor has made steady improvements since year 1 but they were 1 and 11. Fans like you would have been calling for Rhules head 9 games into his tenure. The same with fleck. There was nothing in year 1 that indicated those teams would be were they are now. You're just prejudice against Brown. Holgorsen ran wvu into the ground he couldn't even beat a weak Syracuse team in a bowl last season.

Fair but the Baylor and Minni examples may well be the exceptions to the rule deal. I just don’t see last years recruiting class and the one this year as legit building blocks. I gut says Brown wasn’t ready for this job.

We were on the 'verge' of beating Baylor...that should count for something right bucky?

That's the word you like to use with Holgy.

It's meaningless in a season where you've been blown out multiple times and lost 6 of 9 so far.

Not remotely similar to falling by 3 points to playoff participant Oklahoma in the final regular season game to end your BIG 12 title hopes, but you'll never understand or acknowledge that obviously.

Holgorsen got blown out by Kansas In year 3.

Holgorsen lost to Kansas back then once, and you blasted Holgorsen for it til this day a decade later. Now, you are passing off excuses left and right for brown who is leading WVU straight down the toilet with his ill prepared and poorly coached squad. Its a serious problem.

Continually trying to dig up dirt on Holgorsen--which you smeared him for already endlessly, won't change anything about Brown's poor results.

Man the trolling is ENDLESS.

Do you even care what happens to WVU football, or only care about trying to personally attack me?
Typical troll move trying to play the part of the victim. You are a well known troll who has been banned from many message boards. You don't care what happens to wvu. You only care about Dana.

Reactions: Euell
Holgorsen lost to Kansas back then once, and you blasted Holgorsen for it til this day a decade later. Now, you are passing off excuses left and right for brown who is leading WVU straight down the toilet with his ill prepared and poorly coached squad. Its a serious problem.

Continually trying to dig up dirt on Holgorsen--which you smeared him for already endlessly, won't change anything about Brown's poor results.
Lying Hypocrite troll Buckaineer Holgorsen wasn't wvu's coach a decade ago. Holgorsen lost to Kansas in year 3. Holgorsen left Brown a mess but we saw that things were going to be a mess when he lost to a weak Syracuse team in a bowl game. Holgorsen should have been fired years ago and he left the wvu program in the toilet.

Fair but the Baylor and Minni examples may well be the exceptions to the rule deal. I just don’t see last years recruiting class and the one this year as legit building blocks. I gut says Brown wasn’t ready for this job.
Most Coaches are not successful in year 1. Its too early to tell. Brown was 4-8 in year 1 at troy but had 3 consecutive 10 wins seasons after that. People at Baylor would have said Rhule wasn't ready for the job after 1-11 season. Jack Allison and Austin Kendall were rated as 4 star qb's out of high school but it was pretty clear they weren't 4 Stars when they got to college. Who said they were 4 stars? To quote you it was some bank geek sitting in an office cubicle. You don't know how good a recruiting class is until it gets in the the program. If recruiting was and exact science there is no way that K state would ever be competitive or trading punches into the 4th quarter with Texas. BTW the K state coach inherited a roster of upperclassmen. Brown inherited a dumpster fire. This is evident by the way the team looked without Grier in the Bowl game last year.

Answer the questions dumbass.

You don't seem to understand everyone knew this coming into the season. WVU beats KU like a dog next year.

Your threads are regressing like a troll and a mountaineer hater. GTFO and move to Houston.

Time to ban multi profile Bucky.

Look more proof of how famous this tool is @Buckaineer
https://csnbbs.com/thread-779616.html

Buck is a famous troll

https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/Board/103745/Contents/Whats-next-for-WVU-71265815/

TerryD
Hall of Famer
skunkworks.gif

RE: Anyone remember Buckaineer??
(05-10-2016 07:29 AM)Otacon Wrote: That guy was a plague on multiple boards, absolutely certain that he knew everything and that anyone who disagreed with him (despite his never being correct in his predictions) was some kind of "troll".

So yes, it is kind of satisfying to see him throw up his hands in defeat and despair.

TopperCard
buddy_offline.gif

Special Teams
specialteams.gif

Buckaineer was the worst kind of fan. It was either you bow down to his all-foreseeing knowledge of Conference Realignment... or you're a troll. No discussion, just, you're a troll, and you know nothing.

I too enjoy seeing him admit defeat. If you read some of their other threads on Scout, apparently they're having Buckaineer fatigue as well. They mostly laugh at everything he says.

miko33
buddy_offline.gif

Defender of Honesty and Integrity
halloffamer.gif

I've seen a lot of trolls come and go, but this guy was one of the classic trolls. As delicious as it is to see a cult member lose faith, it's also quite sad to see someone's world view get shattered too.

Notice as troll BOT Allen panics because he is realizing his game is UP.

Desperately trying to smear me somehow (as though anyone cares what he thinks) as though this will deflect from his repeated attacks against WVU and the previous staff which won the second most games ever except for Don Nehlen, who was there more than a decade more, and his repeated statements that anyone could step in and immediately do better than the previous staff. Most importantly he wants to keep WVU on a losing path by championing a losing coach--after chasing off a successful one.

I have nothing to do with Brown losing, but as a Mountaineer fan I can discuss that whether a(ho)llen is freaking out about it or not.

Really though, more important than Brown, a(ho)llen's ego is losing it that he can't control all discourse on this board.

Lying Hypocrite troll Buckaineer Holgorsen wasn't wvu's coach a decade ago. Holgorsen lost to Kansas in year 3. Holgorsen left Brown a mess but we saw that things were going to be a mess when he lost to a weak Syracuse team in a bowl game. Holgorsen should have been fired years ago and he left the wvu program in the toilet.

Idiot, Holgorsen started at WVU in 2010 and you are still talking about him nearly a decade later as I've stated.

Holgorsen had one loss to Kansas, while he was trying to rebuild depth left bare by the previous coach.

Brown barely beat Kansas with players that lost a chance to play for the BIG 12 championship by 3 pts. to OKLAHOMA which was the #4 team in the nation at that point.

Huge difference with no correlation whatsoever.

Brown didn't inherit a depleted team as you keep pretending --he inherited great defensive players like the Stills brothers, the top RB corp in the BIG 12 and many, many other players that were key in the successes WVU had last year.

and he took them and is coaching them into the toilet--that is those that he didn't run off as soon as he got here.

Nothing Brown is doing shows he is prepared to win at WVU and you know it. WVU was as awful a CFB team as I've seen against a struggling Tech--made them look like the national champions.

Desperately trying to smear me somehow (as though anyone cares what he thinks) as though this will deflect from his repeated attacks against WVU and the previous staff which won the second most games ever except for Don Nehlen, who was there more than a decade more, and his repeated statements that anyone could step in and immediately do better than the previous staff. Most importantly he wants to keep WVU on a losing path by championing a losing coach--after chasing off a successful one.

I have nothing to do with Brown losing, but as a Mountaineer fan I can discuss that whether a(ho)llen is freaking out about it or not.

Really though, more important than Brown, a(ho)llen's ego is losing it that he can't control all discourse on this board.

You have issues dipshit

There’s a vast ocean of shit you don’t know shit about. You don't know shit about every fine grain of said shit… and then some.

Little boy here's the thing. You have an opinion about your boyfriend Holgs. You have an opinion about Brown and hatred toward WVU. We get it ass hat.

I have my opinion and no matter what purple crap you shove up your ass and smoke I'm going to keep my opinion. So talk sports and don't spread said shit around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT