ADVERTISEMENT

ACC talk?

I’m not even remotely debating that. Either we will win or get left behind.
WVUs greatest asset in realignment is if it wins lots of games, last time all the RR success and ranking helped WVU move into the BIG 12. The next alignment is going to be very tricky if looking at the records of the past three seasons.

This bowl is pretty significant for WVUs future trajectory.

Yes it absolutely does. OU and Texas are the best available winning programs within the SEC’s footprint, therefore they got the call. Texas and OU reading the room and the needs of streaming services agreed and signed on to the power play this time around. Of course, given the current needs of networks, the Big XII without hesitation replaces the departures with the best available winning G5 programs. You may remember the Big East added TV markets over quality by adding USF, UConn, and Cincy all of whom were either new to D1 or simply weren’t that good even for midmajors, UL was the only Big East addition that had a good program. Clemson will be a target of the SEC in the very near future and Clemson will agree if the ACC doesn’t do some serious ball washing to keep them. Should Clemson depart, WVU if they are in their current form, I can say will absolutely not be a target for ACC expansion. But if they are winning conference titles then they will be a target. Of course, if WVU (or any leftover Big XII program) were to win a national title they would receive an invite the next day to the ACC.

As for Texas, they are a blue blood and has the most recent NC from the Big XII. That is why the SEC wants them, the fanbase is part of it, but their long history of winning is why people watch them at the end of the day. If you believe Texas is simply going to just suck forever, then you probably thought the same thing about Bama not too long ago.

It doesn't.

Rutgers and Maryland in B1G.

It's about adding to the bottom dollar. Figure out how a conference generates their revenue and see what teams create more in that same model.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
WVUs greatest asset in realignment is if it wins lots of games, last time all the RR success and ranking helped WVU move into the BIG 12. The next alignment is going to be very tricky if looking at the records of the past three seasons.

This bowl is pretty significant for WVUs future trajectory.
Full of it. Look up the real reason dumbass.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ND contract is done in 2024 and ESPN already bidding for them. There will be 32 teams but only 2 divisions split into 4 pods of 4. See NFL for diagram. It's coming.

Apples and Oranges Allen. The NBC contract is on them. They’re legally locked into ACC, if they join a Conference, until 2036. Hope you’re wrong about 32. Pitt and WVU would be on outside of that deal unfortunately.

Apples and Oranges Allen. The NBC contract is on them. They’re legally locked into ACC, if they join a Conference, until 2036. Hope you’re wrong about 32. Pitt and WVU would be on outside of that deal unfortunately.
Yeah cause ND doesn't have the finances to tell the ACC to **** off.

Of course not. The SEC and the Big Ten make the rules. You literally are in a plastic bag fighting with yourself. Wether you acknowledge it or not The ACC and ND are soulmates until the 2030s. You can keyboard away all ya like but that fact won’t change. Your Clemson jibberish is irrelevant. Not even sure why you bring them up. If you’re ignorant to the legal side of this discussion that’s on you little bro.

Yea I remember when UT and OU signed a GOR, and then the day came when they didn’t renew.

Yea I remember when UT and OU signed a GOR, and then the day came when they didn’t renew.

You truly are the dumbest homer of all. Einstein why are the two schools waiting.... why did the timing fall within a few years until contracts end. Take a deep breath and read......Because of the CONTRACTS YOU DUMBASS.
THE GOR CONTRACT HAS NOT ENDED YET YOU IMBECILE. THE DAY IS STILL A FEW YEARS AWAY. DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU DRUNK POST.

You truly are the dumbest homer of all. Einstein why are the two schools waiting.... why did the timing fall within a few years until contracts end. Take a deep breath and read......Because of the CONTRACTS YOU DUMBASS.

And contracts don’t end? I never said anything otherwise you arrogant prick. In here with your 2005 talking points now trying to invent an argument you win with yourself.

Rutgers was added to the B1G because the B1G owns about half of the B1G Network (Fox owns the other half), and the B1G received tons of money when cable companies in the Metropolitan New York Area added the B1G Network to their channel lineups. So, no the B1G wouldn't reverse its decision to add Rutgers. Follow the money...
As I have stated elsewhere, Rutgers is in trouble to the tune of nearly half a billion dollars shortage from the athletic department. Hundreds of millions have been misreported and it's so bad the Big 10 has loaned them $45 million. The athletic department reported it as income instead of a loan.

Someone is likely to be prosecuted because government funds were involved when the university gave the athletic department money to keep it operating. It will likely get ugly and it reflects poorly on the reputation of the Big 10. It's all easily Googled or Binged.

And contracts don’t end? I never said anything otherwise you arrogant prick.

Listen man. Don’t confuse arrogance with someone having to deal with ignorance. You don’t have the facts so either research or ask some damn questions. This is on you.

Of course not. The SEC and the Big Ten make the rules. You literally are in a plastic bag fighting with yourself. Wether you acknowledge it or not The ACC and ND are soulmates until the 2030s. You can keyboard away all ya like but that fact won’t change. Your Clemson jibberish is irrelevant. Not even sure why you bring them up. If you’re ignorant to the legal side of this discussion that’s on you little bro.
Bitchgregors new phrase for the day...

Little bro....LMAO.

Did your cousin elmo teach you that one?

Listen man. Don’t confuse arrogance with someone having to deal with ignorance. You don’t have the facts so either research or ask some damn questions. This is on you.

Lmao you are one of a kind, I don’t even know what you think you’re arguing any longer. The original topic was quality football, not geography, will drive future expansion. Now you’re in here trying to shove words in my mouth about contracts. Here’s the short version, try not to get lost again:

Streaming is here. The latest round of expansion is about putting the best possible football product on the field. Certain conferences, in the long term are going to feel the pain of having added programs like Rutgers, Maryland and BC. Certain schools like Clemson are going to feel the pain of tying their wagon to schools like UNC and Duke. That’s my opinion, but there are some facts to support it. Now piss off, go find another Geno Smith thread to troll you loser.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Lmao you are one of a kind, I don’t even know what you think you’re arguing any longer. The original topic was quality football, not geography, will drive future expansion. Now you’re in here trying to shove words in my mouth about contracts. Here’s the short version, try not to get lost again:

Streaming is here. The latest round of expansion is about putting the best possible football product on the field. Certain conferences, in the long term are going to feel the pain of having added programs like Rutgers, Maryland and BC. Certain schools like Clemson are going to feel the pain of tying their wagon to schools like UNC and Duke. That’s my opinion, but there are some facts to support it. Now piss off, go find another Geno Smith thread to troll you loser.
Big words easily confuses gregor.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
They've pretty much crushed South Florida too if you compare what they were before the Big East was destroyed to now. And many many programs not in power conferences have essentially been harmed as far as exposure, and revenues in comparison to the highest paid conferences--essentially dropped to a lower level of competition.

The Big East was ended as a football conference and the AAC is now becoming CUSA 2.0 with more future departures likely there.

Trying to hang on with greatly reduced finances, no promotion and poor exposure could greatly harm all of the existing BIG 12 members as things change over these next few years. Could already see ESPN at work as they devalued the BIG 12 all season even with multiple only 1 loss teams. Everyone else with 1 loss was still in the playoff slotting, the BIG 12 wasn't even considered until the last week even though some very strong programs like Baylor and OK State had minimal losses deep into the season and compared favorably to one loss programs they pushed.

USF crushed themselves. They had every opportunity to be what UCF is and had a leg up on them by being selected to the Big East ahead of UCF. They took the extra money, didn’t invest in a stadium, coaching, or facilities while UCF did on a smaller budget. They are still much further along than they deserve to be as a result of being a Big East member for the 7ish years the conference existed.

I expect the loss of revenue will be a detriment to most of the conference, but with OU out of the way, the stage is there for a new program to showcase themselves and make their case for expansion. Right now Baylor looks to be that program, but things can change.

It doesn't.

Rutgers and Maryland in B1G.

It's about adding to the bottom dollar. Figure out how a conference generates their revenue and see what teams create more in that same model.

Those moves are 9 years old. Back then no one expected ESPN to have a $5 per month streaming service where they were exclusively hosting conference games. No one expected the rise of smart TVs/fire sticks. No one expected Amazon, Apple, etc etc, to be the players they are in television. In hindsight they were terrible moves and they are not helping the conference’s future outlook.

Dude you may want to ignore contracts but the conferences don’t. Shove Rutgers and Maryland down your throat pal. You can be as insecure as you want but WVU winning or not means very little. Now for the 3rd time you move the goalposts.......steaming. The second sentence of your second paragraph literally proves you have zero idea what your posting about. Geno Thread...... oh so it comes out that I bruised you up back in the day. Sorry pal.

USF crushed themselves. They had every opportunity to be what UCF is and had a leg up on them by being selected to the Big East ahead of UCF. They took the extra money, didn’t invest in a stadium, coaching, or facilities while UCF did on a smaller budget. They are still much further along than they deserve to be as a result of being a Big East member for the 7ish years the conference existed.

I expect the loss of revenue will be a detriment to most of the conference, but with OU out of the way, the stage is there for a new program to showcase themselves and make their case for expansion. Right now Baylor looks to be that program, but things can change.

Dot connectors are hilarious when they act like they’re dealing in facts 😂. That’d be you dummy.

I never bought into the whole WVU/Notre Dame thing as a pair. Notre Dame isnt ever going to join that league unless forced to join. The 12 team playoff proposal ensures their independence going forward

Dude you may want to ignore contracts but the conferences don’t. Shove Rutgers and Maryland down your throat pal. You can be as insecure as you want but WVU winning or not means very little. Now for the 3rd time you move the goalposts.......steaming. The second sentence of your second paragraph literally proves you have zero idea what your posting about. Geno Thread...... oh so it comes out that I bruised you up back in the day. Sorry pal.

Didn’t ignore contracts, but keep making things up, it’s hilarious. It’s even more hilarious that you think adding OU and UT is about anything other than the SEC trying to corner the market on quality college football. The day will come when the SEC+UT+OU will have its TV deal compared with the B1G+RU+MD in a world cable is barely relevant. The gap is going to be massive and the ramifications will be huge. You can agree, or not, I don’t care. You continually offer nothing of substance to support that TV markets drive anything going forward.

Last edited:
Dot connectors are hilarious when they act like they’re dealing in facts 😂. That’d be you dummy.

As usual, nothing of substance, no opinions, just a boring ass troll hanging out on another team’s board.

Didn’t ignore contracts, but keep making things up, it’s hilarious. It’s even more hilarious that you think adding OU and UT is about anything other than the SEC trying to corner the market on quality college football. The day will come when the SEC+UT+OU will have its TV deal compared with the B1G+RU+MD in a world cable is barely relevant. The gap is going to be massive and the ramifications will be huge. You can agree, or not, I don’t care. You continually offer nothing of substance to support that TV markets drive anything going forward.

Moving the goal post all over the place. 😂

Again tGGJ dragging garbage handles into multi page territory. I’mmmmmm back baby!

You missed the point again dummy. You aren’t worth arguing with. You’re an idiot. And, we know who you are moron.

Not really. You still think TV markets matter in college athletics, I can’t think of a stupider position given the developments of the world over the past few years.

Not really. You still think TV markets matter in college athletics, I can’t think of a stupider position given the developments of the world over the past few years.

Ummm I guess you’re right….TV markets don’t matter in college athletics.

Aaaaahahahaha 😂. He’s all yours guys.

Going to the ACC would require taking a deep cut in revenue. They are also hot garbage in both football and basketball.

Going to the ACC would require taking a deep cut in revenue. They are also hot garbage in both football and basketball.

Well one you’re wrong about that. Two you’re ignoring the fact that the next contract will drop WVU to the $15-$18 mill range. Easy to find projection charts.

Lmao is right. Tuscaloosa is a hotbed of TV ratings. Go away boomer you’re drunk.

You just don’t understand how this works. If WVU was in SEC already there’d be no issue. However you’re talking about their position down the road. You haven’t figured out expansion is all but over and anything else probably won’t include WVU. Honestly you’re super ignorant about what you’re posting about.

• Haha
Reactions: xWVU2010x
Well one you’re wrong about that. Two you’re ignoring the fact that the next contract will drop WVU to the $15-$18 mill range. Easy to find projection charts.
Wrong about what? The Acc is Hot Garbage in both major sports (not even close to being good) and the ACC makes less than the B12. That may change but it is reality in the present moment.

Those moves are 9 years old. Back then no one expected ESPN to have a $5 per month streaming service where they were exclusively hosting conference games. No one expected the rise of smart TVs/fire sticks. No one expected Amazon, Apple, etc etc, to be the players they are in television. In hindsight they were terrible moves and they are not helping the conference’s future outlook.

John Skipper did a podcast about this...he knows better than anyone. Listen to it.

Unless ACC loses teams WVU isnt joining them.

Wrong about what? The Acc is Hot Garbage in both major sports (not even close to being good) and the ACC makes less than the B12. That may change but it is reality in the present moment.

That’s emotional and irrelevant to the discussion about WVUs future. Almost immature and insecure. You guys are priceless. WVU is looking at $15-$20 per year. You going to Bowl game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT