ADVERTISEMENT

4 Big 12 games WVU might win

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
The Road to Resurrection and Respectability for WVU lies in games against the Basement Bottom: Oklahoma 2-6, Oklahoma State 3-5 and, of course, tonight’s opponent, Texas Tech, 0-7.

After Texas Tech, WVU faces impossible task against #15 Auburn and, even though #11 TCU is the Mountaineers’ only victim, at TCU will be a mountain to climb.

So that leaves Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State -- their fellow Basement Bunch -- if WVU is to grasp any kind of respect this season.

Oklahoma will visit Morgantown Saturday, Feb. 4 at 8 pm.
WVU lost to the Sooners on the road, 77-76, so that’s a distinct W possibility in Morgantown.

WVU will visit host Texas Tech Feb. 18 at noon in a 2nd matchup. 2-0 against Tech not out of the question.

WVU will host Oklahoma State Feb. 20 at 7 pm.
WVU lost to the Cowboys, 67-60, on the road. Home matchup isn’t quite as tough for a W.

5-13 in the Big 12 doesn’t sound like much (maybe a victory – I hope, I hope -- against the Magnificent Six at the top of the standings separated by ONE W or L).

But it sure beats 1-17!

Here’s hoping.

#12 Iowa State 6-2
#5 Kansas State 6-2
#10 Texas 6-2
#11 TCU 5-3
#17 Baylor 5-3
#9 Kansas 5-3
Oklahoma State 3-5
Oklahoma 2-6
West Virginia 1-6
Texas Tech 0-7

Like I said only shot at NCAA is 8-4 in final 12. They will need to win 6 remaining home games against, Auburn, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Iowa State.

Best shot at wins are the following
TTU - 2
Oklahoma - 1
Oklahoma State - 1

To win 4 more it's going to take major upsets of the following 7 games
ISU 2 games left
Auburn Home
KSU Home
Texas, TCU, Baylor Away

The odds are near impossible with the way they're playing.

Like I said only shot at NCAA is 8-4 in final 12. They will need to win 6 remaining home games against, Auburn, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Iowa State.

Best shot at wins are the following
TTU - 2
Oklahoma - 1
Oklahoma State - 1

To win 4 more it's going to take major upsets of the following 7 games
ISU 2 games left
Auburn Home
KSU Home
Texas, TCU, Baylor Away

The odds are near impossible with the way they're playing.
Michigan got in last year with an 18-14 record. People bitched, but they made it to the sweet 16. Just have to keep an eye on where that NET ranking ends up, which should continue to be in decent shape, but thinking if you can win 7 more, you stand a decent chance.

Michigan got in last year with an 18-14 record. People bitched, but they made it to the sweet 16. Just have to keep an eye on where that NET ranking ends up, which should continue to be in decent shape, but thinking if you can win 7 more, you stand a decent chance.
we aren't Michigan!

Let's make that a bumper sticker, please!

First road win in nearly 2 years. That streak is gone. New one will start at TCU.

I gotta tell you CFE....even though they were in Lubbock...I felt your positivity about this team was in play tonight and helped them to a very nice victory.

Kudos to you Sir.

The negative nancies likes rootie won't be happy with you.

I always check the NET rankings because that's the projection that's most reliable. WVU has 4 Big 12 games left that it can and should win, against fellow Basement Bunch teams Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. That would be 5-13 in the Big 12. And probably 16-16 overall since Auburn also loomed. That's not going to hack it. So WVU needs to go 4-0 against its fellow Basement Bunch and luck out for 2 more W's among the Big 12's Fantastic Six (separated by ONE W or L for the title) and Auburn. 18-14 might let WVU sneak in. After that, win 6 and you're national camp. It can happen ... till it doesn't happen.
I gotta tell you CFE....even though they were in Lubbock...I felt your positivity about this team was in play tonight and helped them to a very nice victory.

Kudos to you Sir.

I KNOW. HIS OBSESSION WITH ME MEANS I OWE HIS SOUL! I'VE HAD 70 YEARS OF PEOPLE BEING ANGRY WITH ME BECAUSE I'M RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG. HEY, I MAKE MISTAKES, AND THANK PEOPLE FOR POINTING OUT FACTUAL ERRORS.

Kudos to you Sir.

Personally I thought it was due to the excellent defensive play and rebounding skills of Okonkwo. CFE didn't have jack shit to do with it.

I always check the NET rankings because that's the projection that's most reliable. WVU has 4 Big 12 games left that it can and should win, against fellow Basement Bunch teams Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. That would be 5-13 in the Big 12. And probably 16-16 overall since Auburn also loomed. That's not going to hack it. So WVU needs to go 4-0 against its fellow Basement Bunch and luck out for 2 more W's among the Big 12's Fantastic Six (separated by ONE W or L for the title) and Auburn. 18-14 might let WVU sneak in. After that, win 6 and you're national camp. It can happen ... till it doesn't happen.

I KNOW. HIS OBSESSION WITH ME MEANS I OWE HIS SOUL! I'VE HAD 70 YEARS OF PEOPLE BEING ANGRY WITH ME BECAUSE I'M RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG. HEY, I MAKE MISTAKES, AND THANK PEOPLE FOR POINTING OUT FACTUAL ERRORS.
Then check your spelling. "OWE"...You must mean own lol. Then again as a fraud, fake sportswriter and low IQ progressive loon proofreading isn't your big strength...or would that be your gibberish? CFE = 🤡🤮

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT